Old 05-24-2010, 04:23 PM   #1  

Question ketosis

How do I know when I am there or not, where can find this out my coach has given no information on this.
bigmama5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 04:30 PM   #2  
Lorie

S/C/G: 280/ticker/160

Height: 5'7

Although I don't look for ketosis, I have done a lot of research and they most common thing that many of my weight loss friends use is a stick that is similar to a EPT (pregnancy test). A few of them said they purchase them from walmart, however I've never seen them there. A lot of them also order them online, so I'm sure if you do some online research you can find them. I hope this helps. Best wishes!!
glenlorie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 04:42 PM   #3  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

The ketosis sticks do not work for everyone....I 've lost over 100 lbs on Atkins and they never changed color for me. They are also pretty costly.
Key signs of ketosis are bad breath, a metallic taste in the mouth, foul smelling urine and thirst.
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 10:43 PM   #4  
Who Burst MyBubble? Oh Me

S/C/G: 318/305/?

Height: 5 Foot 2, Eyes of Blue

If you want to see the pretty purple color on the Ketosticks, they can be found at WalMart... You just have to know where.

Go up to the pharmacy counter and they are kept up there. You won't find them on a shelf, you have to ask for them. No big deal they hand the box to you, you put it in your cart, and pay for them with the rest of your purchases when you are finished shopping.

I just bought 50 strips at Wal-Mart for under $7.00. Yeah Yeah, I like to see the purple!

But, as JerseyGirl mentioned... the sticks don't work for everyone.

Happy Friday everyone!

Godiva911 (aka Chocolate Emergency)
Godiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 11:10 PM   #5  

S/C/G: SW 255/220/155

Height: 5.5

I buy the store brand at walmart its in the diabetic section, but I am in a very mind state of ketosis so even early morning it does not show everyday depending on how much water I have drank and level of carbs. I think it took me 4 days to get into ketosis but once in I have only noticed hunger around Time of the month, and I am full of energy
Oh and me pee smells weird lol.
spaghetticat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 01:19 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 180/178/150

Height: 5'2

I just bought mine at Walgreen. At Walgreens they are around $11.
tymaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 02:46 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 183/171/120

Height: 5"7"

walgreens sell a good batch at 10 dollars

I have a great question to the ladies out there.. i am a lady who gets her period every month.. i can do the diet but until then when my period comes my cravings go of the ROOF! any suggestions/ helpful ways to curb this? ive tried diet jello, sugar free gum, crystal liight drinks, and pickles to satisfy ravenous cravings while on my period. anything else?

thank u!
DedicatedLoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 02:19 PM   #8  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by DedicatedLoser View Post
walgreens sell a good batch at 10 dollars

I have a great question to the ladies out there.. i am a lady who gets her period every month.. i can do the diet but until then when my period comes my cravings go of the ROOF! any suggestions/ helpful ways to curb this? ive tried diet jello, sugar free gum, crystal liight drinks, and pickles to satisfy ravenous cravings while on my period. anything else?

thank u!
Try taking a chromium/vanadium supplement from the health food store. It should help counter cravings.
showgirlaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 11:28 AM   #9  
Eat Small

S/C/G: 317/232/157

Height: 5' 6"

You can cut the strips in half to double the number of test strips. Just don't touch the pad at the end. If you have very sharp scissors and a steady hand you can cut them in thirds. I've done it.
elisaannh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 04:48 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 232/232/175

Height: 5'5

I just started atkins a couple days ago and the sticks are showing trace ketones. My son is on a ketogenic diet and we're supposed to check his ketones 3 times a week. The strips have always worked fine for us. I get them at Walgreens. At my store they keep them behind the counter with the insulin needles, glucometers, etc. aka diabetic supplies.
shareislam is offline   Reply With Quote