Old 05-24-2010, 01:20 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 205/190.2/150

Height: 5'0

Default Hello!

Hello. My name is Sara. Just joined today. I am currently at a place in my diet and exercise that I am starting to lose motivation!!
What do you do to find some motivation??
SaraLee0114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 01:52 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 170/168/120

Height: 5'5

Welcome Sara!

Well personally my motivation is common sense. Every year I tell myself "I want to lose weight" and there is always signs around me that make it obvious I should. My theory is "If you're going to lose the weight and be healthy, do it now..or else you'll keep repeating the cycle." I've also met some amazing people on here (this is my first week myself).

Keep in mind that if these wonderful ladies can do it, you can do it too!
Kruez2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 02:27 PM   #3  

S/C/G: SEE TICKER

Height: 5'4"

From one Sarah to another, Welcome!!
I've been battling with motivation for years now! I find that coming to this web site is extremely motivating! Watching Biggest Loser is my strongest motivation right now.(Been watching episode online) I also have a tendency to get really mad at myself, like there is a drill sargent in my head telling me to get my ... on the treadmill!!
When I lost 40lbs in one go, I kept a weight chart on my fridge, and watched the line go down every week. Now that's motivating!!
GOOD LUCK, YOU DESERVE IT!!
HoneyMustard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 11:26 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 201.6/194/150

Height: 5'7.5"

I made a chart for my weight loss, and I am also motivated for my future wedding... maybe get a piece of clothing in a smaller size and hang it somewhere in view..
Indiabound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 11:45 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 254/ticker/150

Height: 5'8"

Go look at the goal photo album on here, it's amazing to see what people can do!
Don't forget that these spells will always be there, and it's ok, you can have a treat once in a while, just try to get back on track!
Quillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 06:28 PM   #6  
You can DOOO IT!

S/C/G: 223/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'6"

Hi Sara,
I like surfing the posts and seeing what's working for others. If all else fails just push away from the table and computer, get out and find something you love to do.
misstraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 07:11 PM   #7  
Find Joy in the Journey

S/C/G: ?/128lbs/107lbs

Height: 4,10

Hello and welcome!

For me what keeps me motivated is knowing that I'm the only one that can stand in the way of my weight loss goals and I don't want to let that happen anymore! It was so easy to blame other people, life events or situations on why I weigh as much as I do. Understandably some people have medical reasons, but I don't. I never believed in me and my abilities. One day I started telling myself that I am the one that choses what goes in my body and whether or not to work out, I'm done feeling guilty for the past diet failures and this time I will be healthy and have faith in myself to lose the weight.
I still have those days where I want to let my mind give in to giving up. But that train of thought has really helped me this time around.

Hope this helps
eyks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 09:35 PM   #8  
Goodbye fat girl clothes!

S/C/G: 240/233/190

Default New...

Hey all! I'm new to this site as of today I've started my weight loss journey about a week ago. That's eating healthier and working out regularly. So far I'm pretty happy with the results that I've had. I lost 5 pounds and my clothes are looking much more fabulous on me. I'm basically here for support, as we all know that losing weight isn't easy and we lose motivation or have a bad day and I know from experience one horrible day can ruin it all and send me back into my old ways. I guess I chose this site because of the name. 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet. I love it! I've always called myself a "fat chick". When I go shopping I say, "the fat chick store". But I'm hoping to change all that. Just a little info on my diet. I'm currently 235 pounds (ugh) and my ultimate goal weight is in the 150 range but I like to take it a little smaller at first. So I'm gonna say around 180 or at least below 200. I'm currently on a 1200 or less calorie intake a day and have been using Leslie Sansone's Walk at Home dvd. It's a 5 mile walk right in your own living room. I do at least 5 a day but usually try for 10, time being the biggest hold back on doing 10. My muscles are toning which is great b/c it makes my clothes look better. So, I guess in closing....Yay! for me and for everyone else on their journey to a healthier you!

Last edited by Nickey25; 05-28-2010 at 09:40 PM.
Nickey25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 10:01 PM   #9  
~~Live And Let Live~~

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'7

welcome everyone!!! this is a very good site for motivation and help. we all struggle with weight at some point in our life. everyone here is very supportive. we all post about good days and bad. no one is here to judge you, just to help! best of luck on your journey!! welcome to the best forum online!!!
TaintedDiamonds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 05:26 AM   #10  

Default Thanks :)

Thanks Ms. Diamonds Knowing someone is there for support helps alot.
Old 05-29-2010, 09:09 AM   #11  
All Hail The Queen

S/C/G: 186.2/166.8/140

Height: 5'8"

My motivation is to stave off diabetes type II (runs in the family) and be healthy so that when I eventually have kids I will be in the best shape possible for them.

Dhani
DhaniCauldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 09:01 PM   #12  
~~Live And Let Live~~

nickey- no problem girl! we almost have the exact same numbers so i know how you feel! i envy all of my friends cause they are skinnier than i am, but not for long!! this is the year that i turn my life around for the better and lose the weight and keep it off!
always here for ya!
Old 05-30-2010, 06:10 AM   #13  

MsDiamond- I know exactly what you mean! All of my friends have always been wayyy thin and I've always hated it. My boyfriend is super skinny as well but thankfully, he loves me just the way I am. But he is a pretty good support system as well. I just got so fed up with not being able to shop at normal stores and buy what I wanted, I said "that's it! I'm losing weight!!!!" And so began my journey. Now I want one of those tickers. I found the place to make it but how do I get it on here?
Old 05-30-2010, 06:14 AM   #14  
~~Live And Let Live~~

you have to be a member for 20 days and have 20 posts. i know it sucks, but its for the best. keeps the spammers away. i Just got past my 20 days! i was sooo excited to make one. oh, lol its crazy. yeah i know what you mean about the skinny bf. my hubby is literally almost Half the size as i am! Yikes! but yeah, hes also shorter so i dont want to be taller And fatter than him lol. so yeah, just hang in there. your 20 days will be up before ya know it.
Old 05-30-2010, 06:19 AM   #15  

Ahhh, got ya! So, do you have any dieting tips since you've lost? How long has it taken you to loose what you have already lost? What kind of diet do you follow? I'm always open for new ideas, well, because I'm desperate to find something that works! I'm currently getting ready to get off my lazy butt and go work out. I don't think I have 10 miles in me this morning but I'm gonna try. lol