South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 05-24-2010, 12:42 PM   #1  
CouponDiva Extroardinaire

Default Important NSV I think!

So, yesterday I had a conversation with my dh , a very difficult one as he has tendency to get defensive and it's even hard for me to talk about at all with him.

What precipitated it was a statement he made which was innocent on his part but still, it made me upset. I stewed over it for awhile, then tried to tell myself to get over it as I knew he wasn't trying to be mean or offensive..
then I remember consciously thinking, for the first time in my life, that if I do not talk about it, broach the subject with him, that I will eat my feelings. It surely would have been the end of being on plan. It was really weird bc I have never put the 2 and 2 together before (for myself)

Whats also really weird is that although it (the subject matter) bothers me every day for years, the last time I got up the nerve to broach the subject with him was the last time I was on plan (about 2.5 yrs ago!!). At that time, I chaclked up the timing of it as I was finally getting confident enough to ask.. But this time I know that's not really true. I don't feel more confident yet. So both times it was because I was no longer eating my emotions to stifle them. Then, atg a certain point, somethin's gotta give, or you fall back into emotional eating.

I am proud that I finally made the connection for myself
Kinda private but I just had to share
Natalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 02:34 PM   #2  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Disconnecting the food from the emotions is a huge NSV!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 02:38 PM   #3  
Losing on the Beach

S/C/G: 205/ticker/164

Height: 5'5

Emotional eating has always been balttle for me too, I am so glad you didnt allow yourself to go back, you have only one way to go now and that is the right direction

Last edited by Christian; 05-24-2010 at 02:39 PM.
Christian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 04:25 PM   #4  
South Beach!

S/C/G: 197/186/130

Height: 4'11

I eat at every emotion--I eat when I'm happy, sad, mad, etc. It is an 'aha' moment when you start 'de-taching' the food with emotions. I pretty much have slowly done the same thing over the last few weeks.
kcchubbygirl is offline   Reply With Quote