Old 05-24-2010, 09:00 AM   #1  
Yay for 2nd chances!

S/C/G: 235/needs a new scale/135

Height: 5'7"

Default Owie!! Too much sun

Does anyone else retain water after they get a sunburn? I took my kids to the park yesterday for a picnic and to just enjoy a day outside. I remember to dose them with sunscreen and forgot myself. I'm up 3 pounds today now! there is NO way I ate 10500 calories over maintainable even if I did give myself the day off from calorie counting I did make mostly good choices.
Aiesline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 09:05 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 323/311/160

Height: 5'6"

You're retaining water because you neeeeeeeeed to. Sunburn severely dehydrates you. I'm sure you didn't really gain anything. Just drink toooons of water over the next few days and I'm sure it will drop off as your skin heals.
Everlasting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 03:55 PM   #3  
no longer single

S/C/G: 225/220.5/150

Height: 5'5"

i got a bad burn over a week ago and even though they don't hurt they are now blistered because of the heat so i know i'm retaining water
me4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 04:15 PM   #4  

S/C/G: SEE TICKER

Height: 5'4"

I got a great cure for burns, sunburn included
add about 5-10 drops of Lavender Essential Oil to about 1/4 cup of your favorite lotion, and apply. You could also put just the essential oil directly to the skin, but then you would smell so strongly of lavender. I find the pain usually goes away pretty quickly.
HoneyMustard is offline   Reply With Quote