Simply Filling/Core - Weekly Chat: May 24- May 30

View Full Version : Weekly Chat: May 24- May 30

Tejas
05-24-2010, 09:24 AM
New Pages!

Happy Victoria Day to our Canadian friends and readers!

Tejas
05-24-2010, 09:25 AM
Good morning everyone:

Well, I've had my protein shake and am off to the gym for weights, cardio and aquafit. So, I'm feeling really virtuous for the next few hours.

Stay OP today!! :woohoo:

aghiowa
05-24-2010, 11:01 AM
Good morning all! Little boy slept 6 hours in a row last night! Too bad I didn't. :) We stayed up to start watching the Lost season finale, and then I woke up around 2 wondering why he was sleeping still, but it's still good.

It's hot and muggy here...bleh. I am still op. I love the online WW tools. They're so convenient for someone like me who's on the computer all the time.

Hope we all have a great day!
Angela

Vickie
05-24-2010, 12:00 PM
Good Morning Chicks! I'm off to weigh in and have my usual insane busy Monday. Tuesday will be busy too, so no real time to catch up until Wednesday. Be good!

beach bum
05-24-2010, 12:25 PM
Good Morning Ladies:)

Just got back from walking along the beach and W-I at 168.5 this morning. Have to pull out of this back and forth rocking motion of .5 up .5 down. Think I have to up my walking form 30 mins to 45-60 m- per day to ref up my bod.Where Oh where is the whoosh fairy??????

RHONDA-Thanks for the new pages, I have protein powder but only use it for snacking. It would make a good breakfast smoothie,thanks for the idea.

ANGELA-Sorry that your sleep pattern was off.,but that was great the the little one was able to sleep longer. Its going to get muggy by the end of the week,happy that I'll be getting my A/C in the windows this weekend.

VICKIE-Good luck with your W-I and busy week Take some time for a breather.

Have to start my dinner,will be back later

Vickie
05-24-2010, 01:51 PM
I lost a pound! More virgin pounds and close into going down into a different decade. Woo Hooooooooo......

Off to the Vet and errands. BBL.

aghiowa
05-24-2010, 03:46 PM
:cheer: Yay Vickie! Congratulations!

ontarget
05-24-2010, 05:40 PM
Rhonda, thank you for the pages. Enjoy your workout. I had a SF for bfast and will have another for dinner. Life is good. Just got home from Lowe's and am loaded with medicine for the rosebushes. I'm doing what I can. They are going to have to "want" to survive. I need their help. :lol:

Vickie, :woohoo: I am so happy for you. You're a great role model for us.

Angela, so what was the black cloud thingee?

I am op. My gf came out this AM and we shot for almost 2 hours so we got some walking in. I'm taking a break indoors (cooling off) before heading back outside to work in the flowerbeds.

aghiowa
05-24-2010, 06:31 PM
Sandra,
We only watched about half the finale so far, but I think it's a man that got turned into black smoke because his brother pushed him into the "heart of the island." That really cleared things up, didn't it? :lol:

It's 95 degrees here today. It was about 65 two days ago. Crazy.

Angela

ontarget
05-24-2010, 07:29 PM
Angela,:dizzy:

sloanie
05-24-2010, 08:14 PM
Hey chicks!! Crazy busy week last week. Sorry I've been MIA. I'm nearing the end of school, so things are nuts around here. I've skimmed the posts and see that congrats are in order for Vickie!!!! I hope things are about to settle down around here, so I can get back here with you chicks. Don't forget about me!!

ontarget
05-24-2010, 08:24 PM
Sloan, we're not about to forget you. Hang in there. School will be out soon.

Tejas
05-24-2010, 11:40 PM
Congrats Vickie.

My NS arrived this afternoon. I'll start tomorrow and let you know what I think.

Have a good night!

ontarget
05-25-2010, 10:44 AM
Good morning. It's a great day to be op. I hope everyone is doing well.

Rhonda, I hope the NS dinners work out well. I just had a banana shake made with Slim Fast and a banana. (Love my blender!)

beach bum
05-25-2010, 01:14 PM
Hi Ladies:)

Can't believe how hot & moggy is getting,and it not even summer. I sure need to get the A/C's put in the windows in this weekend.I would put them in my self but I'm afraid after having that neck shoulder problem I had last month.

Walked along the beach went shopping for paper prods at Walmart,and now I cooking my BBQ chicken dinner with corn on the cob and some salad thrown in.

Have an appointment with the foot doctor this afternoon and than I'm going to attempt to my my Rev Rolls for the week ahead.

VICKIE-Congrats:congrat: on your weight loss,you doing fantastic going down to another decade.

SLOAN-Never :no: forget you,we know you busy all that school work you have to do at the end of the term. Glad you were able to post even that you skimmed.

SANDRA-Thanks:thanks: I will have to pull my blender out of the corner and start making smoothies,summer is here and its getting hot for a nice cool smoothie.

Have to go dinner is ready

Tejas
05-25-2010, 06:50 PM
So far, so good on NS. Of course, I forgot to take my lunch with me when I wen't out for the day. But, I had a lentil salad at the health food store, then ate a lunch bar when I got home. The bar was OK, a little dry, but what can you expect, really.

I'll try the dinner and let you know how the whole day went. The breakfast cereal was good enough. I can see that some people must be in shock when they do this though because the portion sizes are what they should be!

Vickie
05-25-2010, 07:00 PM
Rhonda, I'm loving your reviews. I was in portion control shock. That's how I knew I was eating way too much on Core.

beach bum
05-26-2010, 08:34 AM

Another beautiful day to get down to the beach before the tourist come out. Tomorrow a friend is coming with me to the cemetery,we're going to get there earlier than usual Trying to beat the crowds again.

RHONDA-Hope you will do great on the NS program, I was thinking about going on myself but now that I'm alone,I don't cook as much as I used to,wish I could get out of this .5 pattern and start going down,can't stand this waiting.

VICKIE-You're doing wonderful in the Weight loss dept. Which plan do you like better NS or JC????

Vickie
05-26-2010, 10:41 AM
Good Morning Chicks! It will be hot and humid and in the 90's here again. Weird weather. My pool doesn't get opened until next Wednesday, June 2. My hope is that the water is heating up anyway and that we'll be able to swim soon after that. Great exercise for me!

Mary Ann, I definitely like JC better. But here's the deal. If they collaborated that have one awesome program. I love the JC frozen meals but the NS desserts and breakfasts. I even like the lunch bars ok from NS. But the lunch entrees and dinner entrees from NS are not my thing.

Brodie and I will be taking a walk this morning before it gets too hot. Then Jim and I have to make our plans for the rest of the week. We have parties on Saturday and Sunday.

What is everyone doing for Memorial Day....for those who celebrate?

Tejas
05-26-2010, 07:45 PM
Hi:

Well, when I opened the entrees for lunch and dinner I thought that maybe I had opened the dog's Beneful meals! :rofl: But, honestly, they tasted fine. They were very well spiced I thought. This is not the way I want to eat, no matter whose program it is. But, it is going to be an experiment.

DH has said that he will just have to do it and not whine. He did note that he was not hungry like he thought he would be.

I did weights with Todd this morning, then some cardio and then aquafit.

I've been shopping because this weekend all of my 6 nieces and nephews and parts of their families are going to be at my house for a reunion. One of them is saying he can't come. I've just offered to fly him here (from Colorado) so we'll see if he can resist that. They haven't all been together since 1997. Way past time for me to see them all in one room. Perhaps I should tell him if he comes, then I'll excuse him from coming to my funeral!

I also bought the things we need to supplement the NS plan. I do not plan to adhere to the program on Saturday, but I do plan to be modest. I'm making ham and turkey, salads, banana pudding and calling it a party. At least that is the plan for now.

Rhonda

Vickie
05-27-2010, 09:09 AM
Good Morning Chicks! I have lots to do today but it is a beautiful day here.

Rhonda, too bad I'm having a party on Saturday also or I'd show up at yours! I do not plan to be modest, only in my portions. I'm using my birthday as an excuse to indulge a bit. Saturday is the day we are celebrating both of our birthdays with my family.

I know what you mean about the entrees. It was an impression that I could not get over. It's true that they fill a person up very well considering how small they are. Wait until the gas hits! Jim's body has never gotten over it.

Off to eat breakfast and chill until the cleaning lady is done.

Tejas
05-27-2010, 09:16 AM
Last and first ON! I get the prize.

It worked: my nephew is coming. So, I will have all 6 nieces and nephews, all four great nieces, 3 of the 6 great nephews, and the one great-great nephew. There will be two of the 5 spouses, and both living mothers of the nieces and nephews (one other one is deceased). The fathers of the nieces and nephews will not be here: one is deceased, and one is, well...let's just say he won't be here.

whew...that will be quite a lot of people, and I'm just loving it!

Rhonda

Tejas
05-27-2010, 09:18 AM
woops, Vickie and I were posting at the same time. I wasn't the first on.

Oh yes, I noticed the digestive effects immediately. That's one of the reasons I do not normally eat processed foods.

beach bum
05-27-2010, 10:09 AM

Went to the cemetery with a friend yesterday afternoon and that weather & humidity was high.Then in the evening the thunderstorms come in and it cooled the temps to the 60's today and for the rest of the Memorial Day Weekend. I must get those a/c's in before the heat temps come back again.

My Lady friend and I are going down to the beach and have another bring your lunch and walk day. So I going to take it easy this morning and just go to the bank. Got all my grocery shopping done yesterday as I can't take the crowds that are expected to run a great number to arrive today into the weekend.

VICKIE-I heard from my boss 15 years ago that she tried the NS and didn't like the food so she switched to JC instead.Just wondering if the food got better through the years.Thanks for the info. Going to be alone on that day so I'm thinking of going down to the village green and watch the parade and memorial speaks,and hear the almost all men choir preform,one of men in my church choir is in that group.After that I will attempt to start my gas grill for some hamburgers & hot dogs along with mocked potato salad.

RHONDA-That's wonderful having a family reunion,Leo & I had them in NY when we lived there. We always had the gang around the 4th of July.Sorry that one of your nephews can't come.Time go by so fast and when you least expect it one of more members pass. Hope you nephew changes his mind. Good choice,ham & turkey is what I have in my frig & freezer all the time and it very convenient to make salads out of them. Banana Pudding sound yummy also. DIDN'T read you up to date post until now :hug:THAT'S WONDERFUL THAT YOUR NEPHEW RECONSIDERED :hug:

Have to go, and get ready to get to the back

beach bum
05-27-2010, 10:13 AM

Went to the cemetery with a friend yesterday afternoon and that weather & humidity was high.Then in the evening the thunderstorms come in and it cooled the temps to the 60's today and for the rest of the Memorial Day Weekend. I must get those a/c's in before the heat temps come back again.

My Lady friend and I are going down to the beach and have another bring your lunch and walk day. So I going to take it easy this morning and just go to the bank. Got all my grocery shopping done yesterday as I can't take the crowds that are expected to run a great number to arrive today into the weekend.

VICKIE-I heard from my boss 15 years ago that she tried the NS and didn't like the food so she switched to JC instead.Just wondering if the food got better through the years.Thanks for the info. Going to be alone on that day so I'm thinking of going down to the village green and watch the parade and memorial speaks,and hear the almost all men choir preform,one of men in my church choir is in that group.After that I will attempt to start my gas grill for some hamburgers & hot dogs along with mocked potato salad.

RHONDA-That's wonderful having a family reunion,Leo & I had them in NY when we lived there. We always had the gang around the 4th of July.Sorry that one of your nephews can't come.Time go by so fast and when you least expect it one of more members pass. Hope you nephew changes his mind. Good choice,ham & turkey is what I have in my frig & freezer all the time and it very convenient to make salads out of them. Banana Pudding sound yummy also. DIDN'T read you up to date post until now :hug:THAT'S WONDERFUL THAT YOUR NEPHEW RECONSIDERED :hug:

Have to go, and get ready to get to the bank

ontarget
05-27-2010, 11:19 AM
Good morning. We've been running in circles. I went with gf's yesterday to a movie tavern. We had fun but have decided that lunch and movies are better if separated. We'll do that on our next outing.

Rhonda, I'm glad you're getting them all together. Enjoy every minute. I'm enjoying reading what you and Vickie are saying about JC/NS foods.

Vickie, thank you, too, for telling us about JC/NS.

Maryann, we won't be celebrating this weekend. We'll prob go to lunch with friends after church Sunday but that's about it.

I'm OP today. Yesterday was a world of its own. Have a good one today, everyone. We're taking our grands to the movies right after lunch today.

beach bum
05-27-2010, 12:32 PM
SORRY FOR THE DOUBLE POST

blessedwithsarah
05-27-2010, 02:18 PM
Just a quick stop by to say HI! Hope you all enjoy the holiday weekend. We have lots going on between end of school, end of Sunday School, end of gymnastics and Karate. Its been hectic. I'm hoping for a quiet weekend.

Hope you are all doing well!

Nee Naw
05-27-2010, 05:16 PM
hi all,

I wonder if you could answer a question for me? I have been following core plan/SF by cooking meals with core ingredients, Should I still be looking at calorie/fat content of the core ingredients or do I ignore it as they are classed as core? I hope that makes sense.

Thanks Nee Naw

beach bum
05-28-2010, 10:16 AM

Had a wonderful time with my lady friend.We did all the touristy stuff like going to the museums & aquarium in town having lunch at the outlet park and than heading do to the beach with our beach chairs and sitting watching the surfers & swimmers doing there thing. Got home well after 5PM. Looking for something to do tomorrow,my friend is going to get a local newspaper and I will head out to the tourist center to get some brochures.On Monday we are going down on Monday for the memorial services.

Still trying to keep my .5 away but it didn't happen up .5 again.When will this pattern break???

NEENAW-I haven't been on the Core for a long time,but I would follow the core the way its written.

Going to go to get to the beach before it gets to crowded

ontarget
05-28-2010, 12:00 PM
Nee Naw, I honestly haven't done CORE in awhile, but as I remember, one of the perks about CORE was not having to worry with calories or fat grams. You're supposed to eat until satisfied. Does this help answer your question?

Tejas
05-28-2010, 02:43 PM
Nee Naw:

The strict interpretation is as Sandy said. I, for one, think most people eat too much before they think they're full. Portion sizes are too big and people have learned to think it takes a lot to feel full...and, actually it doesn't.

I know that there is research stating that people's perception of feeling full can be manipulated by altering the portion size. So, systematically REDUCE what you might think is normal. A 3-4 ounce piece of meat is about the size of a deck of cards. Then, eat more and more veggies. No one gets fat eating more vegetables. Also, eat low on the glycemic index scale and as close to the food's natural state as possible.

So, more than anything, I try to pay attention to that..and to carb control.

Now, about NS...I'm hungry. I was very surprised that there were no questions asked about activity level, but I suppose most people overestimate their activity.

nancy237
05-28-2010, 11:01 PM
I remember them explaining at a WW meeting how much to eat...

On a scale of 1 -10
1 being starving , 2 uncomfortably hungry
10 being uncomfortably stuffed , 9 really really full

Try always eat when you hit a 3 or so .
and try to stop when you are a 7 or 8 full.

Try to never let your self get a 1 or 2 starved
or a 9 or 10 stuffed.

Vickie
05-29-2010, 09:29 AM
Good Morning Chicks! I'm just here for a moment. I've got a hair appointment this morning and then we have our family party tonight. BBQ birthday party on Sunday and dinner out with friends on Monday. YIKES.....

But, that should be the last of the celebrations until Fourth of July. Pool opens on June 2!

beach bum
05-29-2010, 09:34 AM

HOPING EVERY ONE HAS A WONDERFUL MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND. I went to the cemetery with my friend already last Wed,to pay our respects to Leo & my friends BIL, as the National Cemetery are going to be very crowded this weekend.

Have a condo meeting in my house for a 1/2 hrs and than in the afternoon my friend & I are planning to go down to the beach. I already got a base coat of tan,so I all set for sitting at the oceans surf,and get my feet wet. Bought a beach set[tote w) matching flip flops] than to my straw hat I got a matching ribbon to put along the rim of the hat.

RHONDA-Along with eating portion size and carb control exercise & activity is very important factor in weight loss also. If you not happy with NS don't stay on it too long.

NANCY-I agree with your scale of eating,wish I had that info when I was on the core. That the reason I stopped the core,and WW altogether as it didn't work for me. The new CAD is working for me,as this morning I got on the scale and I down to 167.5,hope it stays that way until Mondays Official W-I.

Have a great day,and weekend

nancy237
05-29-2010, 02:06 PM
Mary Ann...you must get pictures of the matching tote,flops & hat with a ribbon...!!!!

I am itching to spend a few days at the beach..It has been too long.
I want to just sit under an umbrella & read all day while listening to the waves..
Maybe sipping some peach iced tea.
I might go alone because I don't want to chat..just read & listen...

Last night my daughter, her husband and my grandson hit a flooded out
road during a heavy rainstorm and their car got sweep off the road to a flooded creek. It was hard for them to all get out because the water was
10 ft deep... We rushed over and helped , and the police were there too.
They are all okay and the fact that the car is probably totaled just doesn't
seem important.
It was scary but we are so thankful that they are fine !!!

We are having a quiet & lazy weekend after a busy week.

My son graduates from hight school Friday & my 20 year old will be home
Tuesday. He hasn't been home since March so I am missing him !!

ontarget
05-29-2010, 02:30 PM
Nancy, what a blessing that your family is safe. You're right. The vehicle doesn't matter in the big scheme of things.

Maryann, photos? I'd love to see some of your new duds.

I had an NSV today. While buying groceries, I got extremely hungry. Now this is when I normally give in and buy something decadent. Not so today. Life is good.

aghiowa
05-29-2010, 04:37 PM
Hi all! I was down 2.4 at my first weigh in today! It's not too surprising since this is my first week op, but I'll take it!

Great job on passing up the goodies at the grocery store Sandra! :woo:

Angela

ontarget
05-29-2010, 08:44 PM
:woohoo: Angela! You rock, girl!

Tejas
05-30-2010, 01:32 AM
Hi all...very successful reunion going on here...not following any plan except not to get sick from all of the excitement, food and drink ...wonderful time being had by all.....Nancy, I'm so glad to hear that your family is OK despite what must have been TERROR...

Vickie
05-30-2010, 11:30 AM
Good Morning Chicks!

Nancy, THANK GOD, all is well with your family. Just rest and relax this weekend.

We are having fun but I've had an epiphany. I no longer love the bad food I used to eat nor do I like to be really over full. Two more days of weird food and then back to my new life.

Hope you are all well.

blessedwithsarah
05-30-2010, 01:23 PM
NeeNaw -- if its a core food you don't worry about anything else. If you make something with core ingredients, its core. If I made something with some non-core foods, you need to count those. HTH

ontarget
05-30-2010, 06:27 PM
Happy Memorial Day Weekend, everyone! We're going to a church social tonight.

Vickie, I love what you said. Makes me smile. I am so happy for you.

blessedwithsarah
05-30-2010, 07:53 PM
Hi everyone. I'm feeling a bit guilty -- today is the first day since April 25th that I am not tracking anything. We were gone all day and I had a wonderful time. DH says I should be able to have one day off every once in a while. I do agree with him -- but its hard not to try to figure it out. But I WON"T. :)

Have a great day tomorrow. Quiet for us -- I've decided to bike to the cemetary tomorrow am. Its been a year since I've gone - another thing to feel guilty about. Then dd is in the town parade in the afternoon. I may do some more gardening. Hope you all enjoy the day.

beach bum
05-31-2010, 09:25 AM

REMEMBER OUR MEN AND WOMAN IN OUR MILITARY THAT HELPED KEEP OUR COUNTRY FREE.

MY FRIEND ALICE AND I ARE GOING DOWN TO THE PARADE AND MEMORIAL SERVICES AT OUR VILLAGE GREEN AND THAN TO MY HOUSE FOR A BBQ OF HAMBURGERS, POTATO SALAD,AND ICE CREAM.

LATER ON WE PLAN TO HIT THE BEACHES & DO TOURISTY STUFF.THE WEATHER IS BEAUTIFUL, SUNNY WITH MILD TEMPS.GOOD BEACH WEATHER.