100 lb. Club - Accountability, menu, plan, exercise, etc. - week of May 24

Beverlyjoy
05-24-2010, 06:47 AM
Hi...are you looking for a place to put your daily menu, exercise, plans, a chat and/or accountability. Here's your spot.

Please feel free to join in.

Beverlyjoy
05-24-2010, 06:58 AM
Hi Chicks...sorry I wasn't around much last weekend. It was super busy. I had many food challenges, but, faced them in a healthful way. Always grateful for that!

Last Saturday was the plant swap/potluck. My food went well. I am so so glad.

As always, am working on staying in my calorie range and my behaviors around food too.

for today -

plan, log, write down, measure all foods
fork down between bites
stay in calorie range
eat seated, no seconds
tv off when eating
slow mindful eating
lots of water
leave a tiny bite on plate

I hope everyone has a GREAT day.

Passionista
05-24-2010, 07:39 AM
Glad to hear you stayed true to your plan, Beverly!

I will cook my meals at home 95% of the time this week.
I will focus on getting the right amounts of fiber, protein, iron and vegetables.
I will drink at least 80 oz. of water each day.
I will get to water aerobics at least 3 times in the next 7 days.
I will do a fun physical activity outside of the gym at least 1 time this week.

dgramie
05-24-2010, 08:08 AM
I didnt do so well last week. I had 3 days off plan. I think it was stress that got to me! Im back on track and will stay that way!
Breakfast- low cal muffin and peanut butter
lunch- fish fillet with brussels sprouts
dinner- salad with grilled chicken

im working on low carb and high protien....just no white carbs and as little sugar as possible. Im ready to break thru my mental block

Beverlyjoy
05-24-2010, 08:41 AM
Hey passionista....you are almost to the Land of Two! Awesome.

Passionista
05-24-2010, 09:05 AM
Thanks for noticing, Beverly!!! I am thrilled. Onederland would be the next BIG goal...;)

Schmoodle
05-24-2010, 09:43 AM
Good morning chicks! I just feel great this morning. I know it's getting my energy back that is making all the difference. I have not been 100% but still losing, but I know that will end soon (if it hasn't already), so I really need to get strict again. I am just so relieved that I did not knock myself right back out of onederland. I have a goal of being back at 172 (my lowest a year and a half ago before things went crazy) by the end of the summer.

DH coming home on Sunday! Haven't seen him since January so I am so excited! Yesterday was our wedding anniversary, so we'll celebrate next week.

Here's today:
B: turkey sausage and an egg.
S: string cheese, tomato juice
L: leftover shrimp fried "rice"
S: latte, hard boiled egg, a few nuts
D: taco salad
S: ricotta dessert (if I need it)

passionista, I love your plan - very do-able and sane! Congrats on your success so far. Reaching those big milestones is so exciting.

dgramie, learning to handle stress is the hardest thing for me. Getting right back on plan is the right way to go. Getting the sugar and white flour out of my system makes me feel amazing!

Hello Beverly! kudoes on getting through the weekend sanely.

donna110
05-24-2010, 10:12 AM
Started Joy Bauer's LIFE diet last week with a low cal jump start week that helps you loose bloat. I lost 7 lbs. Yeah. Who cares if its mostly water!

Goals for this week:

Stick to the plan! Each only whats on the menu for that meal.
Drink 8 glasses of water / day.
Exercise 5x this week.
No feeling sorry for self.
No feeling sorry that I am not cooking for the family (hard one, but need to stay selfish and focused - not loose in the kitchen with fattening foods).

GirlyGirlSebas
05-24-2010, 12:16 PM
Happy Anniversary, Schmoodle!
Congratulations on your 7 pounds loss, Donna! Water, schmater....who cares. "A rose by any other name......." It's a loss. Celebrate!:cb:

I have a new game plan. I've decided to have the same thing for breakfast, lunch and snacks for this whole week. Dinner will be a variation of one lowfat protein and two servings of veggies. I won't be eating any grains. Next week, I'll add a breakfast option. The following week, another lunch option. I'm hoping to build some good habits and I need structure...badly.

Breakfast - Smoothie of chocolate whey protein, soy milk, banana and ground flax
Snack - Apple with natural peanut butter
Lunch - Salad of spring lettuce mix, edamame and low fat dressing
Snack - Small sweet potato with 2tsp of Smart Balance.
Dinner - Baked, grilled or stir-fried chicken breast, hamburger patty or Morningstar burger with 2 cups of either steamed veggies or sauteed veggies.
Snack - Cottage cheese with Blueberry preserves.

Have a great on-plan day.

Slashnl
05-24-2010, 02:10 PM
Ack. Bad week last week went into a bad weekend. It was my niece's graduation and I was away from home, but really no excuse. I just couldn't say no to anything. Up two pounds because of it.

I'm back home, back on track though. Went and worked out this morning and I'm tracking calories. Hello.... let's re-learn everything again this week. Sheesh, I get tired of being stupid. :rolleyes:

econ nerd
05-24-2010, 03:02 PM
I don't post here often but I need to make myself more accountable and this is a great way to do so! I have regained too much weight that I have lost and I have had it. I need to make healthy changes and get back on track. I have been going to the gym the past couple weeks but now the eating side has to evolve too.

This week I will to go to the gym every day (except Sunday).
This week I will count and record all the calories that go into my mouth and keep them in a reasonable range (between 1400-1600 per day).
This week I will drink between 75-100 ounces of water or more each day (this one is very easy for me as I drink lots of water!)
This week I will arrive at Sunday morning happy with staying accountable all week!

rakel
05-24-2010, 08:34 PM
I went to my nephew's 1st year birthday party yesterday. Overall, I didn't over do it but I could have skipped out on the cake and ice cream. I saw a slight spike up this morning when I weighed, which was kind of a bummer because I was at 304 yesterday, and today I weighed at 304.8.

None the less, I am shocked at how little I eat when I stay away from carbs and sugar. I'm full faster, and stay full longer on less calories.

B: greek yogurt w/honey, alternative bagel w/whipped cream cheese
S: a couple pieces of dove chocolate (sigh, darn sweet tooth)
L: 1/4 chicken with BBQ sauce, entire can of green beans (what can I say? I love green beans)
D: chicken & veggie stir fry with "fried" quinoa

I still have around 600 calories I could eat if I wanted to. But for now, I am full and about to go do a workout.

Anyway, this was my first time trying quinoa. I think it works great as a rice substitute, and will definitely be using it more often. Tonight I made it like "fried rice" -- basically prepared it according to the directions by boiling it, scrambled an egg, threw in some green onions, Newman's own teriyaki marinade, and stirred the quinoa in until it was thoroughly mixed. Yum!

Beverlyjoy
05-25-2010, 08:29 AM
Hi chicks - yesterday was a good food day...I am grateful. I never take a good day for granted.

There's been some major drama in my life - not with family or friends - but, in an organization I am with. It's been very, very stressful. However, I have managed not to eat over it. YAY

I am still working with my behaviors around food as well the the calories in the food:

plan, log, write down, measure all foods
fork down between bites
stay in calorie range (1200 - 1550 according to sparkpeople)
eat seated, no seconds
tv off when eating
slow mindful eating
lots of water
leave a tiny bite on plate

breakfast - peanut butter toast, morningstar bacon, watermelon

lunch - homemade cream of mushroom soup, rice cake, slice of cheese

snack - fiber cereal, almond milk, cottage cheese

dinner - thai noodle salad, cucumber and onion salad

snack - sf mousse, cheese and crackers

I hope everyone has a good day. I'll be back to do some personals in a bit.

GirlyGirlSebas
05-25-2010, 08:36 AM
Diane - I'm a hard head, too. One day, the healthy changes will be automatic....I hope!

Yesterday was kind of a washout. My home was not a fail safe zone as there was a box of evil oatmeal cream cookies in the kitchen. Well, I won't wax poetic about the cookies, but I will say that they are gone today as is the big bag of Cheetos. Ugh! Anyways, no more excuses. All of my clothes are too tight and I don't want to buy more. Also, I feel like crud...headachey, moody, sleepy. This isn't fun.

Same menu as yesterday. This is how I roll now. ;) Have a great on-plan day!

*Beverly - I think we were posting about the same time. I'm sorry to hear about the drama.

mingle
05-25-2010, 08:43 AM
Hi, ladies! :)

Sunday was a rough day for me - A/C was out & my daughter was very sick. I did good all day & got my exercise in, but ate too much Sunday night. Oh, well. Onward & upward! Yesterday was a healthy day, thankfully!

I got my exercise in today & it marks my 27th day in a row!! My first goal was to go 30 days in a row, but I think I might shoot for 45 now that I'm so close to 30.

Breakfast
oatmeal
banana

Lunch
steamed broccoli & cauliflower
Healthy Choice dinner
apple
yogurt

Snack
yogurt

Supper
whole wheat penne pasta
light alfredo sauce
salad

Snack
Skinny Cow ice cream cone

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!! :)

rakel
05-25-2010, 10:47 AM
I'm meeeelting! Down to 303.4 today. Walked around the neighborhood with John yesterday for around 45-50 minutes. Almost at 25lbs lost!!

Rhonda: I eat a lot of the same things during a week too. Sometimes I just don't feel like preparing so many different things in a week.

Beverly: I hope the work situation gets better :hugs:

Mingle: Congrats on 27 days in a row -- impressive! Keep going!!

Slashnl
05-25-2010, 12:18 PM
Hi all. I made it to work out again today. I can really tell that I missed working out last week. It's been a little difficult these past two days. But, it also feels good to be back at it.

Econ nerd – Glad to see you posting here. Looks like a good plan that you have!

Rakel – Good for you and the weight loss! You’re going to be in the 200’s soon!

Beverly – Sorry to hear about the drama. That’s no fun. Hang in there, though!

Rhonda – Yep, I keep hoping that someday it will be easy and I won’t have to think about it ALL the time. I guess as long as we keep trying, that’s good.

Mingle – Yay you! Keep moving that goal out as you get closer to each one!

Have a great day everyone!

mj5
05-25-2010, 12:39 PM
Hi everyone! Hope you are all doing well! I have been struggling lately and I am SO ready to jump back in and start working....for real. I am reading The Spark for my book club and so far I really like it (I just started it).

Once again, I am pulling out my stickers and rewards! I have an awesome pink lipgloss that I can wait to try!!!!

My oldest niece just said the coolest thing...I was telling her about my "little black dress" that is ready and waiting for me as soon as I can fit into it....she offered up a challange. She said that as soon as I can wear the dress, we'll plan a formal girls day/party and all wear little black dresses. I think that's awesome (of course hubby and I will still get OUR own date night ;) ).

I am getting myself back to the gym today...of course, it's going to be the hottest day, so far, this year, BUT my booty will be there!!! I have been drinking lots of water and have my healthy lunch with me.

Have a great OP day everyone!!!!

Beverlyjoy
05-26-2010, 05:06 AM
:)Hi chicks... so happy to say that I am down two pounds from last week! :):) I am always grateful for a loss.

I just couldn't sleep last night - been awake since 2:30 am. :( I haven't eaten anything, though. I've had terrible heartburn the last few days.

Yesterday I only ate once with the tv on...that's huge for me.

Friday is my colonoscopy - so I have to change what I eat a little bit today. Tomorrow is prep day. Ugh - :dizzy:

breakfast - cottage cheese, 1/2 banana, 1/2 english muffin, icbinbs

lunch - out with a friend - this will be tricky - because I can't eat fresh veggies today. I'll figure it out.

snack - cherrios, blueberries, milk

dinner - sweet potato, cottage cheesse, spaghetti squash

snack - sf mousse, rice cakes with cheese, watermelon

Rakel - what a great walk! Your weight loss is awesome :carrot:

Slash - good to get that workout in again. :) It does feel so good!

Mj - hey lady…you got out the stickers..yay. :) I LOVE your nieces idea of party in your little black dress! :D

Mingle - ugh - it’s rough when the AC isn’t working! It’s awesome how many days in a row you have had a workout. :) Carry on!

Rhonda - good job getting those cookies and goodies out of the house. Lately, when those things call out to me…I douse them with liquid dish soap. :p

Econ nerd - glad you posted. Two weeks of exercise is awesome. :) Keep it all going.

Dgrammie - those days off plan are over and in the past. Hop back on your plan and will move forward. :)

Schmoodle - so glad to hear about your weightloss…it’s so motivating. :carrot: Wonderful that DH will soon be home!

Donna110 - wonderful weight loss!! :carrot: You have some great goals. Let us know how that food plan is going for you.

mj5
05-26-2010, 06:05 AM
Good Morning!!! I worked out yesterday!!! I am SO happy! And food choices were very good. I am happy to say that my first sticker went on my calendar last night!

Beverlyjoy--Oh no!!! Not sleeping isn't good. CONGRATS on the weight loss!!!!! Thanks, I can't wait for the black dress party!

I have my lunch all packed and water bottles all ready to go. Today WILL be another OP day!!!

mingle
05-26-2010, 08:39 AM
Good morning, ladies!

Thanks for all the "cheers" on the exercise! I really appreciate it & helps me stay motivated. I did 40 minutes of HIIT on the elliptical last night while I watched the biggest loser finale (I have this "rule" that I can't watch that show unless I'm exercising :lol) & did a 45 minute walk & sculpt this morning. It is amazing to me how much better I feel physically & emotionally when I exercise.

Yesterday was healthy food-wise, thankfully. I've got some chicken tenders baking right now so we can have nice big salads tonight for supper with chicken on top.

Breakfast
oatmeal
banana

Lunch
yogurt
apple
cucumber slices
steamed broccoli & cauliflower
Healthy Choice dinner

Snack
yogurt

Supper
salad with baked chicken

Snack
low calorie whole wheat bagel
1 T. natural peanut butter

Have a wonderful, healthy day, everyone!! :)

GirlyGirlSebas
05-26-2010, 10:32 AM
Good morning, Friends.

Beverly - Congratulations on your 2 pound loss!

I made it through OP day #1. Today, I have a massive headache. Withdrawal from sugar? Maybe. But, I'm hanging in there.

ANewCreation
05-26-2010, 12:40 PM
Hey kids--I'm baaaaack!

Great vacation. Worked out every day--either swimming or walking on the treadmill. Pretty much stayed on plan, worked in a few treats and when I weighed myself this morning, MAINTAINED! That was my goal and I met it!

My family was very supportive, no pressure, no back handed compliments, lots of sweet compliments--it was all GOOD!

This was quite a milestone for me. Could I keep up the good habits and strategies I've developed over the last 10 months? Yes, I could. And it wasn't as hard as I thought it might be. :)

Slashnl
05-26-2010, 01:06 PM
Hi everyone. Busy day today. Just a quick post today. Hope everyone is having a good day.

mj5
05-27-2010, 06:16 AM
Good Morning! Hope everyone is doing well today. I am ready for a long weekend!

mingle--great job!!! Keep it up!

Rhonda--YEA!!!! Hope your headache is gone or at least much, much better.

ANewCreation--Welcome back! Fantastic!!!! Kudos to your family too!

Diane--Hi! Hope things at work aren't too hectic.

My knee is sore already today, but I will wear "good for me" sandals...I have some super cute birkenstocks (yes, they do exist...LOL!) I will still go to the gym today, but I will also ice immediately after getting home.

Have a great OP day everyone!!!

Beverlyjoy
05-27-2010, 07:45 AM
Hi chicks - yesterday was a healthy day - I stayed in my calorie range...always grateful for that.

Tomorrow is my colonoscopy. So today is the prep day...ugh. I'll probably lose some weight but, it won't be 'real' and it will be temporary.

I had lunch with a friend yesterday and was able to find something healthy and allowed as I had many restrictions because of the colonoscopy. I guess - with willingness to figure it out, I ate well. Grateful for that.

No food plan today!
- gaderade, jello, broth, popsycles, etc. after a lite breakfast.

MJ - take care of that knee - yes, ice is so wonderful!

slash - so glad you popped in...make it a good day

anewcreation - MAINTAINING IS FANTASTIC - that is such a wonderful success for after a vacation. yay

Rhonda - day one success - yes, you CAN do this. Hope your headache goes quickly.

mingle - I love your 'rule' about havig to exercise while watching BL - carry on!

mingle
05-27-2010, 08:52 AM
ANewCreation - GREAT job on staying op during vacation! What an accomplishment!

Beverlyjoy - good luck with the colonoscopy & prep. I hope it goes well!!

mj - hope your knee doesn't give you too much grief today!

Yesterday was a good, op day for me, thankfully :) I got my exercise in this morning (the BL Last Chance Workout DVD - whew!) for 50 minutes. I hopped on the scale this morning & am at 240.0 pounds - that's 12 pounds in 29 days! I'm so happy about that. And definitely ready to leave the 240's once & for all!!

TOday is my little guy's last day of kindergarten. I can't believe it - he's growing up & time is moving soooo fast! I'm going to take him out for a special lunch today to celebrate :) But since it's his choice & his choice will be Burger King, I'll just sit with him, enjoy our time & eat a healthy lunch later.

Hope you all have a wonderfully healthy day!!

TXMary2
05-27-2010, 09:50 AM
Good morning ladies!

After 5 days of not walking I finally walked around the block again yesterday. It is getting so hot here though that I need to find another way to exercise. I am in TX and we are already at the point where it doesn't go below 70 at night so it always feels hot to me! I can't wait to be thin and not roasting all the time.

I was in my calorie range yesterday too and the blood sugar is still looking good. Today so far all I have had is my coffee. I haven't decided what to eat for breakfast....I think pineapple and a bagel thin with FF Cream Cheese.

Have a great day everybody!

Bazz Major
05-27-2010, 09:56 AM
Oh man. I've been off here for a while .. a few months?! Just turned 19 on Monday and I feel like I'm hitting a midlife crisis already, hehe. Did I miss anything exciting while I was absent?!

Beth :]

rakel
05-27-2010, 11:52 AM
Still at 303.4, which means my weight loss is not a fluke and is real *pinches self*.

This evening I'm getting on an airplane (eep, hopefully with no issues) and flying out to visit my sister for the Memorial day weekend. Should be lots of fun -- she just had a baby in March so this will be my first time meeting the little girl. She also has a 3yo that I haven't seen since last August, so that will be nice :) I plan on sticking to my diet. Not sure about exercising, but I know we will be out and about doing things so I'm not too worried about not getting enough activity in. My sister and I will probably go for walks with the kids. Plus, did I mention a 3yo? He'll keep me busy :) I'm hoping maybe I'll be a pound less when I come back, but even if I am still 303.4, that would be excellent!

ANewCreation: Congrats on the *successful* vacation... just what I needed to hear before I go on my own :)

Alright ladies, take care, and don't expect to hear from me until next week!

GirlyGirlSebas
05-27-2010, 01:23 PM
I can't wait to be thin and not roasting all the time.

Ditto! I've heard so many people here say that they were cold all of the time after losing a large amount of weight. I say, bring it on! I'm imagining lower electric bills and me sporting some beautiful sweaters in the winter. Plus, mental-pause isn't helping either. I'm always hot.

Well, my headache isn't getting any better. I had to call in sick for work this morning. I'm hoping it clears up so I can work the afternoon. I have a ton of projects planned for the weekend. I really hoping to be laying around with this headache thing. But, the scales are smiling today. :) Monday is my official weigh-in day and I can't wait to see what happens over the weekend.

mj5
05-28-2010, 06:25 AM
Good Morning everyone! I finally caved last night and took some "real" pain meds...the ice and ibuprofen just weren't cutting it. I was able to sleep most of the night, so that's a good thing! I am going to wait until later to decide about the gym. Most likely I won't go to give my knee a break, but we'll see...

Beverlyjoy--Glad you had anice lunch yesterday w/ your friend. Good luck today! Good for you for getting it done!

mingle--Congrats to another OP day! Awww, congrats to your little guy and to you for getting through kindergarten!!!

TXMary2--Good for you for going for a walk. Yea, I'm w/ you...I don't do hot weather!

Beth--Welcome back!!!

rakel--CONGRATS on the weight loss!!! Have a great trip to visit your sis!!!

Rhonda--Hope you are feeling better!!!

Have a great OP day everyone!!!!

Beverlyjoy
05-28-2010, 08:07 AM
Hi chicks -

Well - Yesterday,as per instructed, I just drank liquids all day and starting drinking the potion at 5pm. I got about one third of a gallon down...and I just couldn't keep it down. (rarely, that happens to people)

I had to cancel the colonoscopy and I'll have to rescheduled it and take a different kind of prep.

Darn it. It is what it is. I know my 3 pounds loss over night isn't 'real' - kinda fun to see though.

Tummy still a little upset - but, not an excuse to eat junk.

Have a great day.

GirlyGirlSebas
05-28-2010, 08:19 AM
Good morning, Friends!

Beth - Welcome back
Rakel - Enjoy your visit with your sister
MJ - Glad to hear that you got some rest last night. I hope the pain stays minimal today.
Beverly - I'm sorry to hear that you needed to reschedule your colonoscopy. I bet that you probably wanted to get it over with.
Mingle - what kind of exercise is on the BL Last Chance workout? Do you need any equipment? I have Jillian's 30 Day Shred. It's still in the wrapper. :D I received it for Christmas, but I've not felt up to the challenge yet. Maybe I'll try it this weekend.

My headache went away late last evening. Today, I have the post-migraine sluggishness, but it feels so much better than the pain! I've made it through 3 days of being on-plan and off the sugar. I guess I can officially say that I'm on my way to goal....I haven't been able to say that for a while.:D I'm still eating the same menu that I posted on Tuesday. It really helps that I don't have to think about what I'll have to eat.

Any big plans for the weekend? I want to put in a border around the front flower bed and put down some pine straw. I also want to paint the dining room and finally hang some curtains in there and some of my photographs that I had enlarged and framed. And, maybe we'll go see Iron Man.

mingle
05-28-2010, 12:00 PM
Girlygirl - the Last Chance Workout is high intensity interval training. So you do 30-45 seconds of high intensity cardio (jumping jacks, jumping ropes, etc) & then 30-45 of some sort of weight/toning. The only thing you need are dumb bells. I used 3 pound, hopefully some day I'll get up to 5! It's about 25 minutes long. There is also a 10 minute warm-up section on the DVD, & two 10 additional toning sections (one for upper body, one for lower) and a 10 minute cool down. I liked it! I've done Jillian's 30 day shred & I think this is a *little* less intense!

beverlyjoy - sorry to hear the prep stuff got you so sick :( Hope you feel better today!

mj - hope your knee is feeling better!

rakel - have a fun trip seeing your sister & neices! :)

As for me, today marks my 30th day of exercise in a row. I met my goal :D I'm pushing it out & going for 45 now.

Yesterday was good. I was *this* close to over-eating last night, but I logged on here instead & then went to bed. This morning I felt so happy with myself that I didn't turn to food in a time of stress.

Planning to have a busy, but fun holiday weekend. And even if I have to stop what I'm doing & check in here every two minutes, I am not going to use the long weekend as a convenient excuse to over-indulge!

Breakfast
oatmeal
banana

Lunch
fresh veggies (grape tomatoes, cucumbers, yellow & orange bell peppers)
1 T. light dressing
Smart Ones dinner
apple
yogurt

Snack
yogurt

Supper
Large salad with baked chicken & light cheese
2 T. light dressing

ANewCreation
05-28-2010, 01:14 PM
Good morning everyone!

Beverlyjoy--Hope you're feeling better! Do you have to repeat the process or is there an alternative for those who don't tolerate the process needed for the procedure?

Rakel--Congrats on the loss--have fun on your trip!

Mingle--Girl, you are rocking it!

Rhonda--I'm glad the migraine has passed. Sounds like you have a fun weekend planned.

I have been maintaining this week. But, I have not been back to the pool. It is taking me forever to get everything in order after my trip. However, I am planning on making it to my swim lessons tomorrow. And I have a ton of gardening to do so I will be very active. Monday, I will get back into the pool routine.

We also have a number of grad parties this weekend. I know there will be a ton of bad food to navigate but I'm feeling confident that I will do just fine. I'm sure I can find some grilled meat and a basic salad or veggie platter to pick at + I'm bringing my own diet coke and water bottle. I think that's probably as good as it's going to get and I'm okay ;)

Have a great weekend everyone. May or may not be back in to report over the busy weekend but if nothing else I'll see everyone on Monday!

Beverlyjoy
05-29-2010, 08:44 AM
Hi chicks - thanks for you kind thoughts in response to the colonoscopy stuff. Yes, I do have to go through the whole prep again. I am sure it will be a different prep.

Yesterday was a healthy day - I am always grateful for a healthy day!

Today is DH's bday. Family coming from out of town to celebrate. We will go to our favorite Chinese restaurant where I can get my lovely steamed ginger seabass and cabbage with brown rice. Healthy and deelish.

Time for me to be working again on my living with food tasks.

plan, measure, log, count calories - on all my food eaten
eat seated only, no seconds
fork down between bites
stretches and strengthening
lots of water
TASTE the food
slow mindful eating
try to feel fullness
tv off
leave a small bite of food
remember why

breakfast - 1/2 english muffin, pnb, morningstar bacon, berries

lunch - cottage cheese with 1/2 banana, steamed veggies, crackers

snack - fiber cereal, almond milk, fruit

dinner - steamed ginger sea bass, cabbage, brown rice

snack - tiny sliver of pie with a dab of ice cream

Have a great day!

mingle
05-29-2010, 09:42 AM
ANewCreation - enjoy your swim lesson today!

Beverlyjoy - happy birthday to your husband! Hope you guys have a wonderful evening out :)

It is an absolutely gorgeous day out here. They sky is blue, a light breeze, & warm temps. I slept in this morning & am kind of waiting for this stiff body to wake up a little bit before I go downstairs to exercise.

Don't have a lot planned for today. Just want to get some much needed housework done & enjoy sometime with my husband & kids.

Breakfast
oatmeal
banana

Lunch
Healthy Choice dinner
yogurt
apple
sliced cucumbers

Snack
Yogurt

Supper
deep-dish pizza (healthy recipe)
steamed broccoli

Snack
Weight Watchers cookies & cream ice cream bar

Have a wonderful day, all!! :)

Slashnl
05-29-2010, 11:03 AM
We are headed to the junior college world series here in town. It is a good time, with lots of baseball games to see. Just have to stay away from the Navajo tacos!!! ha!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

mj5
05-29-2010, 01:31 PM
Hi everyone! It is a gorgeous day here! I was up SUPER early...I was at the grocery store by 6:30am!!!! Actually it was perfect, there was hardly anyone there!!

Beverlyjoy--I am so sorry that you had to go through that AND then reschedule. ICK! Happy Birthday to dh! Have a great time w/ family!

Rhonda--So glad the headache went away...now get through the post-migrane ickiness! Great job!!!! I know you can do it!

mingle--I may check out that workout...we have it on exercise on demand, I think. 30 days in a row, that's fantastic!!!

ANewCreation--sounds like you have a great plan for yourself. Great job!

Diane--Have a great day! Stay away from those tacos!!!

Cleaning is done and I'm about to start laundry. Then lunch and I'm going to take a break for a bit...next is to make a bday cake for one of my nephews that one of my nieces is going to come up and decorate later tonight. I have made a pan of SF jello with LOTS of fresh fruit. We are also making choc covered strawberries (dark chocolate). Tomorrow another niece is coming to help make a HUGE tossed salad and another desert. We are having a big cookout at my younger brother's house later in the afternoon. I already know the whole menu, so it will be easy to plan--grilled chicken breasts, the salad that I am taking, fresh fruit, the SF jello I am bringing, some other salads (some I can easily avoid), the cake will be easy to resist, BUT I will allow myself 2-3 choc covered strawberries and a small serving of the other desert we are making. I will eat a healthy breakfast in the morning and an early lunch, so I don't feel the need to over-eat when I get there.

It will be so much fun to get everyone together. We are going to play yard games and since there is a softball field right next door (and all of the kids play either softball or baseball), I'm sure there will be a game. I'll watch...my knee feels better, but I don't want to chance it!

Have a great OP day!!!!!

Schmoodle
05-29-2010, 04:17 PM
Hello ladies! I was in Charleston SC most of last week for work and just getting caught up at home. I did not do terribly but the embassy suites happy hour did not do me any favors. This morning I ran errands while the kids had their riding lessons - farmer's market, butcher, dairy, liquor, and grocery store, and whew. DH comes home tomorrow, and I wanted to feed him up all week, as he's been eating crappy ship food for 4 months. At least my menus are planned and I've got good stuff around for the week. Gotta leave in a bit for niece's graduation party. I don't know the menu but SIL is pretty health conscious. I know there is cake because I picked it up for them, but I'm not tempted by store bought cake. Tomorrow morning cleaning, laundry, exercise, cooking, then pick up DH from the airport and THEN I can relax until Tuesday. The pool opens Monday and I plan to be lounging poolside all afternoon.

I hope everyone is having a great start to their long weekends! Not to forget the reason for the holiday:

We cherish too, the Poppy red
That grows on fields where valor led,
It seems to signal to the skies
That blood of heroes never dies.

Beverlyjoy
05-30-2010, 07:39 AM
Hi chicks....I got through a food filled day in my calorie range....very grateful for that!

I've been not doing any of my stretches and strengthening exercisies. I WILL do them today.

I sit here with my kitchen full of pies, goodies from my childhood bakery, candy, wonderful breads and all kinds of tasty things my family brought for their visit. Oh goodness. I havn't really gotten into the stuff. Very grateful for that. I'll be distributing things out the door asap. When everyone was eating pie last night in celebration of DH's bday....I measured out 1/4 cup of vanilla ice cream with fresh blueberries. It was deelish.

Later today company is leaving and DH will plant the tomatoes and peppers tonight. I will direct.

plan, measure, log, count calories -
eat seated only, no seconds
fork down between bites
stretches and strengthening
lots of water
TASTE the food
slow mindful eating
try to feel fullness
tv off
leave a small bite of food
remember why

Rhonda...love your new photo! Have fun gardening - great exersice. enjoy your crafting too!

schmoodle - so exciting to have DH home very soon. Good job on planning your food! Thanks for the wonderfull poem.

mj - kudo's on planning for a healthy cookout. Excellent.

slash - have fun at the tourney. Good job thinking of ways to stay away from the tacos

mingle - great menu...enjoy your quiet day with dh. those are special days.

bazzmajor - welcome!

txmary - I hear you on the heat.Yes, may be time to do indoor exercising

a newcreation - wonderful that you are planning ahead in how to approach the graduation parties!! Gardening is such good exercise. Enjoy.

Everyone - have a great day. I hope I didn't miss anyone.

mj5
05-30-2010, 08:23 AM
Good Morning everyone!

Schomoodle--YEA!!!! Dh is coming home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love the saying you included. My grandpa and dad were vets. My younger brother is in the Army now. Memorial Day was HUGE for my dad. He was always asked to give a speech at our local Legion. (either as current or past commander). I was always SO proud standing there listening to him. Last year, we stood and listened to my brother give a speach. I'm glad I was wearing sunglasses...I was teary eyed! To see him in full dress uniform, giving such a meaningful speech, it would have made our dad SO proud.

Beverlyjoy--You ROCK!!! All of those goodies and not touching them! great job!

I had an awesome day yesterday! Food choices were excellent. Got a little walking in. Even resisted going out for icecream w/ my younger brother and his family. What is even more exciting is, in my refrigerator, RIGHT NOW there are two big plates of choc covered strawberries for the picnic later today (dark chocolate)....and I have eaten ANY of them. Not even sampled one. I will have two later, but so far so good!!!!

Have a great day everyone!!!!!

GirlyGirlSebas
05-30-2010, 10:19 AM
Good morning, Friends!

MJ and Beverly - Great job of avoiding the treats that are around you!
Schmoodle - I'm so glad to hear that your husband is coming home! I hope you enjoy your day. And, thanks for sharing that poem. My Dad was career Air Force and I spent 6 years in the Air Force. Memorial Day was always extra special around our home. I need to dig through my old photos and post a picture of the two of us in our uniforms.

I'm doing a brief catchup here before getting ready for church. The house is nice and quite. It's kind of a shame that I need to wake the girls to get ready. ;) I'm happy to say that I'm actually doing it this time....staying on-plan. As of today, it's been 5 days. It really helps that I don't have to think about what I'll be having for my meals and snacks. I also have an NSV (didn't we used to have an NSV thread around here?) Yesterday, I was out with my oldest daughter for guitar lessons, hair cuts and grocery shopping. She was hungry and asked that we stop somewhere. I was really nervous about going to any fastfood places. They have nothing on-plan for me. So, I took her by the QT gas station. They had fresh garden salads! I got one with low fat ranch and ate it in the truck. I was quite proud of myself. :D

mingle
05-30-2010, 07:42 PM
Hello, everyone :) Hope you are all having a wonderful, healthy Sunday!

Had a good & busy day. Got up this morning & scrubbed the bathroom & kitchen, did 50 minutes of HIIT on the elliptical & then went over to mother-in-law's condo & swam for an hour. I haven't been swimming for a looong time & I forgot what a really good workout it is! And how fun it is! The kids had a great time, as did DH & I. She just moved in a month ago & I think we're going to be taking advantage of having access to a free indoor pool a lot more!

Now, I have a mountain of laundry to fold (blah!) & DH is going to grill some yummy stuff for supper tonight. It's been a good, healthy day :)