Old 05-23-2010, 06:01 PM   #1  
Find Joy in the Journey

S/C/G: ?/128lbs/107lbs

Height: 4,10

Question Slowing Metabolism in your mid to late 20's?

I am 26, 27 in a few months. I feel like over the past 5 years my metabolism has slowed. It was so easy to lose weight when I was 19 or 20. Two years ago I was struggling to lose even a few pounds, but now I feel like I'm fighting harder and putting more time in just to kick start my weight loss. It's really discouraging working hard 6 weeks without weight or inches lost

Anyone else notice a difference as you get a little older?
eyks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 03:26 AM   #2  
!

S/C/G: 225/tick tock tick tock/130

Height: 5'4"

Hey, I'm 26 and I noticed the same thing. There was a time when it was insanely easy for me to drop 5 or 10 pounds. Now, it seems like it's only easy to gain it!

Kickstarting your metabolism is going to be different for everyone, but what worked for me was starting to exercise and moving to more natural foods (less preservatives, less bleached flour, less sugar, etc).

I'd keep working out and keep watching your calories, but start trying different things every couple of weeks until you see the scale start moving again. Good luck, and keep us updated!
theresac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 03:39 AM   #3  
Find Joy in the Journey

S/C/G: ?/128lbs/107lbs

Height: 4,10

Quote:
Originally Posted by theresac View Post

Kickstarting your metabolism is going to be different for everyone, but what worked for me was starting to exercise and moving to more natural foods (less preservatives, less bleached flour, less sugar, etc.

I think that is what I find most frustrating. I've moved away from fatty, salty, bleached, etc foods on top of kicking up my exercise routine to 4 or 5 cardio workouts a week.

I'm thinking about making a doctors appt if I don't see results in a few weeks.

for the help
eyks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 03:46 PM   #4  

yes. for sure. I'll be 27 in November. I look in the mirror...ive never looked like this before. / 3 kids and age does a number on ya!
teddygirrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 03:06 AM   #5  
Losing weight - Toning up

S/C/G: 159/128/120

Height: 5'7"

what works for me were:
- start eating normally (3-4 times a day - maybe sometimes 2 big meals and the rest is snack but it still counts I think)
You will gain some weight in the beginning but it won't go overboard (just make sure you eat healthily btw)
- start exercise regularly.
It took me about a year to beginning to see the change in my metabolism. Now i'm pretty happy with it (been more than 2 years now).
Annita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 05:10 PM   #6  
Forever fighting the fat

S/C/G: 185/171/153

Height: 5ft 9ins

I agree, a couple of years ago I could drop 10lb in a week easy. a dress size gone! now i'm lucky if i lose 1 lb a week!
X Lexi X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 05:21 PM   #7  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

Sure. Only I've read it as 35 ish. After mid 30's you start to lose 1/2 lb of muscle a year if you don't weight train to keep it. That's active tissue and losing it means your metabolism takes a dive.

Maybe it happens sooner for some people and their genes -- but whatever age it is... I don't care!

I want weight training and I want to keep my muscle! In fact, build some extra!

A.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote