South Beach Diet - Off track - back to Ph1?

View Full Version : Off track - back to Ph1?

CatMat
05-23-2010, 11:27 AM
What with graduation, concerts, crazy schedules, I've gotten sidetracked, and put back on 3lbs. I think more than food, the 1 glass of wine has turned to 3, ate dinner at 11 last night, etc. Oh, and did I mention the red velvet cake for D's 18th Birthday? :o

So....should I go back to a clean phase 1 or should I just go back to 1.5 (without the wine - back on the wagon for me!). Looking for opinions on what's worked for all of you.:?:

Thanks.
Cate

CyndiM
05-23-2010, 11:33 AM
Cate - First congratulations for catching it early and jumping back on plan! In my experience that's the single most important thing we need to learn. Don't know about you but I used to turn a few days off plan into an excuse to keep eating. It's so important to identify those slips and jump back to healthy eating.

As far as which Phase to start with the big question is cravings. Are you having any? If the answer is yes a few days of Phase 1 should help. You probably don't need a full 2 weeks. For most people a few days does the trick. If the answer is no then I'd jump back into a gradual 1.5, just to make sure. Watch how you feel and adjust as needed.

Natalia
05-23-2010, 12:36 PM
Hi! Congrats on getting right back on!

I think Dr A recommends doing P1 until you lose what you regained, then back to 1.5 or 2 :) That said though I'm sure 1.5 would be fine if you're not craving- but you may need a stitch of P1 to detox from the cake :)

CatMat
05-23-2010, 01:23 PM
Oooh - I like the idea of back to Ph1 until I lose the 3 lbs. It appeals to my sense of balance! Thanks for the feedback!