Mini-Goals - i binned them!

View Full Version : i binned them!

grrrkgrrrl
05-23-2010, 06:47 AM
for some reason, i was holding on to them. not entirely because of weight management problems, but because i generally dont throw away functioning stuff.

yet, today,almost 5 months since reaching goal, i took a big black bin bag and stuffed it with pants that no longer fit.

i also had fun trying them on and see them fall to the floor.

i kept 2 pairs for emotional reasons, but i kept them in a storage box, far out of sight.

what kept going through my head? i am never gaining this weight back, i never want to fit into those again. moments of both joy as well as dreadful responsibility.

was great.

yoyoma
05-23-2010, 07:54 AM
Congratulations!!! Maybe it's time to go shopping for some nice new pants too!

wannabeahotmama
05-23-2010, 03:15 PM
Thats great! I have been lugging around clothes that were too small for me for a years now for 'when i lose weight'. I moved a few months ago and was like screw it I dont want to take these small clothes with me again. Its funny, NOW I lose weight and have nothing that fits.

Onederchic
05-23-2010, 03:19 PM
That's awesome :D

melissario
05-24-2010, 02:45 PM
Congrats! :carrot:

grrrkgrrrl
05-24-2010, 05:54 PM
:D thanks peeps!!! i do keep reminding myself of the experience and it was quite emotional and empowering. i am very determined.
xx
grrrkgrrrl

bnorah
05-25-2010, 12:29 PM
I might do this too. Just buy a bunch of space bags or something and store my old 'fat' clothes when I reach my goal. I don't really want to get rid of them just in case my mom starts losing weight as well. Then she can have all my clothes that were too big for me, but small enough for her to wear. Good job on the weight loss!

DhaniCauldwell
05-27-2010, 08:07 PM
Those are some of the best moments ever. I can't wait to do that again. Keep at it, girl!

:queen: Dhani :queen: