100 lb. Club - crunching numbers

View Full Version : crunching numbers

bythenumbers
05-22-2010, 12:41 PM
Ok, I just did the math..... (ok I am a math teacher so this better be right....)

If I lose 5.57 pounds a month, I will be in onederland by New Years!
If I lose 6.5 pounds a month, I will be in onederland by my Birthday! (end of November)

So 6-7 pounds a month?????

I CAN SOOOOOO DO THIS!:cheer3::cheer3::cheer3::cheer3:
Onederland before 39!

caryesings
05-22-2010, 12:54 PM
Totally, that's been my monthly average loss. You can do it!

findingfawn
05-23-2010, 08:26 AM
Totally do-able!!

Eliana
05-23-2010, 09:28 AM
I love realistic goals! I also love crunching numbers. ;) I was doing it this morning, assuring myself I can be at goal by a wedding in March. I will have to average about the same numbers.

bythenumbers
05-23-2010, 09:38 AM
Whenever I think of onderland, I think I can never get there, or that it is soooo far, something next year.
This really helped me to realize that what I do today will make a difference. That my decision at today's potluck at church has a direct connection with onederland. It makes this whole process seem less frustrating.

Eliana
05-23-2010, 09:44 AM
Oh definitely! Already in this process you've lost an entire bowling ball! Imagine how exhausted you'd be at the end of a day carrying a bowling ball around all the time. Focusing on 10-12 pounds at a time is an awesome strategy for getting to the end.

I remind myself that even if I only lost two pounds a month, and there have been months for which that has been true, I would still have lost 24 lbs over the course of a year. And what would be wrong with that?! :D

lovemyboy
05-23-2010, 10:44 AM
Yes it does help to see it broken down. I also like to see how it would look do I spend time making a virtual model at different weights. Someone posted a link with weights of different things so like Eliana mentioned you could have a concrete example of what you weight loss is.

rockinrobin
05-23-2010, 11:09 AM
Very, reasonable, rational and do-able goal!!! It's exciting just thinking about where you could be and how much progress you can make by so and so date!! You can absolutely do this...

So, what are your plans, what is your course of action, how are you going to go about achieving these goals????