Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2002, 09:08 AM   #1  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

Wink In It For The Long Run #4

WELCOME TO "IN IT FOR THE LONG RUN".

We're still the same bunch of folks who posted in "COUNTDOWN TO 250 AND BEYOND" but we chose a new name. We started with more than 100 lbs to lose and are doing our best to attain healthy bodies through weight loss and exercise.

Most of us are using Weight Watchers to help us along this road but we welcome anyone who is trying to successfully change to a healthy lifestyle.

Got a lot to lose? Pull up your keyboard and join us for fun, support,advice and just plain talk. We love to "see" new faces so jump right in.

j-ann
Old 09-20-2002, 09:15 AM   #2  

IIFTLR#3 was getting pretty long and since It's a b***h to copy to a new thread on WebTv I decided to start a new one today before I'm home for a week with no "real" computer access.

Yesterday I did ALMOST stay OP all day and I payed for my lapse. I fell for a piece of triple chocolate cake (an office b'day). It tasted great but I haven't had cake in a year and it really upset my tummy. That'll teach me!!!!

So far today is great.

BUNNY: Keep those fingers flying on your keyboard and with those needles. It'll keep you away from snacking.

Ladies, HAVE A GREAT OP DAY!!!!!

TGIF.
Old 09-20-2002, 06:50 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 210/110/110

Thanks for the welcome J-Ann and Bunny. I plan on being here a long time, because I have a long way to reach goal. I was doing very well for a while, but got side track. But I haven't given up.

J-Ann, don't let the chocolate cake get you down. You have eaten it, now you can continue to stay OP.

Bunny, having a hobby does help not to think about food so much. I am planning to start scrapbooking. Give myself something other then food to focus on.
Old 09-21-2002, 05:57 PM   #4  

Talking

hello everyone. another new girl here. I just got my computer at home a week ago and have been living online looking for support. I am delighted to find you and look forward to some chats. I don't know how it works with the time difference across the pond, but I guess we'll see who we get to talk to.

Hugs to all

Starr
Old 09-21-2002, 06:37 PM   #5  
GmaTo8

oops

Last edited by Jana; 10-04-2002 at 09:35 PM.
Old 09-21-2002, 06:43 PM   #6  

Welcome! I don't think we can have too many positive folks on board! I am starting over too and so haven't posted the weight thing at the bottom, but I think it is time. I like seeing friends who are where I am, so here goes

237/232/137

I think that will work!

Starr
Old 09-22-2002, 01:39 PM   #7  

WELCOME JANA & STARR! It's nice to meet you.

JANA: Looks like everything you need came in one ebay package! You were lucky to find it. Anything we here can do to help you along the way we will do. Just ask. Tending to you NIL ust be stressful. Good for you for taking on the job. So many folks wouldn't even try.:cp;

STARR: A new computer. "A dream come true".Bet you're on . So glad you found our little group. We seem to be expanding so hopefully you'll be greeted soon by TERRI, AUNTIE_PEACEFUL, BUNNY, and all the rest.

I haven't had the best WW day so far. I'm going to have to get some extra exercise in to cover my slips.
Can't stay, it's starting to thunder so I have to jump offline. I'll try to gt back later.

Ladies .... "Success stops when you do."
Old 09-22-2002, 06:50 PM   #8  

Hello everyone,
This is my first time posting, but I've been trying to read the board for the past few weeks. I am on week 3 of WW and so far so good. I just now ate 4 chocolate chip cookies at 2 points a piece. I'm not really sure why, I've been in an eating mood today. I have alot to lose so I hope I can stay on plan. Today looks like it'll be a tough one!

Mary

252/246/10 % goal 227
Old 09-22-2002, 09:49 PM   #9  
GmaTo8

oops!

Last edited by Jana; 10-04-2002 at 09:37 PM.
Old 09-23-2002, 07:59 AM   #10  

'Morning, ladies!

Finsihed another pair of socks last night while watching our new copy of the Friends first season DVD set. Woo-hoo! I started up a sweater which is intended for submission to a magazine - the pattern is, anyway. I got as far as the border before finishing for the night.

I've been digging through my recipe books for new things to make. Tonight will be a crab bisque, I think - either from WW online or possibly Cooking Light magazine (I can't recall right now).

Beth's PT continues a-pace. We're still looking for an appropriate weight bench - perhaps this week we'll make it by a used sporting goods store and see if they carry such a thing. I can't see buying new ($80+) when we only need the thing for a little while, and only for two specific once a day exercises.

Glad to see new faces, and old (that came out wrong - I mean, familiar, not old) - see ya tomorrow, gals!
Old 09-24-2002, 07:54 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Good morning ladies!

Just time for a very quick post.

Welcome to all our new friends!!

I'll try to catch up later. I've had a few unfocused days and I'm trying to get back in the groove. We finished building our privacy fence so WooHOO, we feel like regular carpenters. It felt good to both of us to do all the physical labor.

I'm trying to get back into dog walking. Taking each on short walks. Which I need to go do now since I will be sitting in meetings almost all day long.

Have a great OP day!
Old 09-24-2002, 10:25 AM   #12  
GmaTo8

Hi all,

Bunny - I so admire you for being able to knit! I can sew, but never could knit or crochet. I hope your sweater pattern gets in the magazine. Who is Beth?

Terri - Way to go on building the fence. Enjoy your privacy!

Thank you both for the welcome. It is scary to join a new group where the members have history, and you're hoping they really don't mind your intrusion. But I am so in need of support of people in the same boat.

I got an email from the guy at ebay who sold me the WW stuff, and he said the order has been shipped. He lives in California and I am in Indiana, but it should be here soon.

Have a good day!
Jana
Old 09-27-2002, 04:05 PM   #13  

Well the rain drops are really falling around here today. I've been on vacation this week so I've not been online much but I've been thinking about all of you. GOOD THOUGHTS TOO!

I've been On Program and Off Program ths week. If I keep it together the on's will beat out the offs. The dent in the car is fixed. 3 days with a loaner that was falling apart as I drove it wasn't fun. .

WELCOME MARY glad you've joined us here. You've gotta watch out for those 's. This is the voice of many experiences, telling you they add up fast.

HEY BUNNY, Keep it up and they'll be selling you socks at K-Mart. Good for you keeping so busy. I saw a weight bench at a garage sale yesterday and thought of you. Might not hurt to drivearoundtomorrow andsee what's out on the neighborhood lawns.

JANA, Hope your WW stuff comes soon.

Oops gotta go. There's a break in the rain so I want to scoot the dogs out.

Last edited by j-ann; 09-27-2002 at 04:09 PM.
Old 09-29-2002, 02:08 PM   #14  

Well, my internet access has been wonky this week. I can connect to the 'net just fine, but then about half the sites I wanna visit give me 404 errors - including this one! I'm pretty sure its related to my phone line or connection or something - and not the sites I wanna visit, because no one else seems to be having problems. Its VERY frustrating. Often, if I reboot I can access one or two sites before the problem begins again. Any ideas?

Finished another pair of socks. Cast on for two more pairs (one for each daughter). Then knitting on Christmas stuff has to resume.

Keeping on track with points and actually getting some (small) movement in this week.

I hope you're all well!
Old 09-29-2002, 08:34 PM   #15  
GmaTo8

oops

Last edited by Jana; 10-04-2002 at 09:38 PM.
Closed Thread