Old 05-20-2010, 08:40 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 175/169/145

Default Anyone else taking Synthroid?

I have been taking Synthroid for a little over a year now for a goiter. My doctor is trying to suppress the growth of the goiter with the Synthroid. I have been a little busy and just didn't go pick up my prescription for about a week and a half. I have noticed that during this time that I have more energy. When taking the Synthroid, I am just so fatigued. I know that the Synthroid will cause fatigue, but I thought that it would subside after my body got use to it.
lyv33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 08:57 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 213/213/150

Height: 5'8"

I would suggest you get it rechecked-T3's, T4's, everything. Are you seeing a reg. dr or an endocrinologist?
I've been taking Synthroid for about 17 yrs now (WOw! just realized how long!) I have Hashimoto's,so I'll be on it the rest of my life. I have to have mine rechecked at least every 6 months.
Oh 2 be me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 10:27 AM   #3  

Height: 5'4"

synthroid should never make you feel fatigued. Some people feel better on natural thyroid. It takes 6 weeks? to get it out of your system entirely. Hmm I would recheck everything. Like if you have the right dose, how your goiter is, if your remembering not to eat within an hour of it and no vitamins with it. etc
wannabesomebody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 11:56 AM   #4  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Height: 5'7"

Synthroid didn't cut it for me - I had the same fatigue issue. Now on Armour, and much, much, much more energetic and functional. You shouldn't have to put up with it. Have a hard conversation with the doc, get the detailed tests if you haven't had the full monty - and if the doc won't let you switch up and try something different, get a different doc. Thyroid's a sneaky thing. I'm "subclinical" - as in every bit of bloodwork done came in normal, but I still have every hypothyroid symptom in the book. I found a great doctor who's willing to try things, and with a little dialing in, I'm feeling fabulous. Don't settle!!
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 10:15 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 175/169/145

I have labs checked every 3 months. My labs were within normal range when I first started Synthroid. My TSH is being kept on the low side. She put me on Synthroid because of the goiter and is trying to suppress the growth. I saw an endocrinologist and had the fine needle aspirate because I have a multinodular goiter. The FNA came back ok also. I would almost rather have the goiter removed than stay on the medicine.
lyv33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 08:23 PM   #6  

Without my synthroid I'm a zombie.

Image.
Image is offline   Reply With Quote