Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2002, 10:38 AM   #1  
Losin It For GOOD!

Default #170 - We Can Do This!

How are you all doing? I am finally feeling better today, aside from the fact my ear is full of fluid so I can only hear out of one side of my head which is INCREDIBLY Disorientating.

I'm doing good as well, as my scale at home said I was under 250 this morning. WHOOOPPEEE! of course I won't make it official until I meet the real scale monster at WW on Tuesday night - I didn't weigh in this week because I was too sick AND had TOM hit me. Boy, I did NOT miss TOM. I wish he would go away again.. but gotta make sure everything is working right, so I had to come off the Depo. It's not easy coming off that stuff! I'm pretty sure I'm going to lose quite a bit just because I'm not taking it anymore. I realized the other day that I gained about 30 lbs when I started taking Depo- I guess I was in denial about that.. but when I really think LONG and HARD about it, that's really the only explaination for the weight gain.

I hope you all are doing ok - onward and upward...

Jenniffer - you are STILL in my prayers - how did the meeting with the counselor go?
Old 09-19-2002, 12:53 PM   #2  

Hi Beth Anne.

Glad to hear you are feeling better . I remember when I went off the Depo, and I sure missed it, but I am handling it OK now. It sure was a shocker for me. I wanted to go back on, but the doc said that I should not because she wanted to moniter the PCOS a little better. Hopefully, that will put a big boost in your weight loss.
Me, I've been doing OK lately, I guess that I came down from the high I had going on earlier this month. I was feeling just great because I was seeing such huge changes, but I've slowed down and am beginning to feel discouraged again. I know that I should not be because I'm still doing just great, but I don't think that I will make any of my goals, and I really wanted to be under 200 for my best friend's wedding in November, but I don't think that I will make it. I have slacked off on the journaling, and don't plan my days like I was, but I think that is because my dh has been traveling a lot again so my days and nights are just me and the boys. I did go shopping today and actually was able to get clothes out of the Misses section at Target. Of course it was an XL, but it fit and I didn't look like a cow.
Anyway, hope that everyone else is doing well.

Jennifer, how did the counseling go?

Apryl, is the walking to and from school giving you tons of extra energy?
Old 09-21-2002, 06:23 PM   #3  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

Hi all. things have been really weird with me lately. I knew that so much was going to change this month with Drake going to daycare and me back to work. plus I've been sick which hasn't helped. I just need a little time to get myself back together. I hate it when things change all at once even when you know it is coming. I was back at work one day and then called in sick the next day. I'll bet they were really impressed. Well I felt pretty bad that day, my cold was really worse, I even went to the dr to get my throat swabbed for strep so I have a note if anyone gets snotty about it. I dropped out of this month's challenge because I was off track for about a week and so just gave it up. I'll be back in the groove for next month though so watch out!!

BA - hope you are feeling better by now. It is pretty nasty to come down with so much stuff all at once.

Denise - I'm all out of whack too, its amazing how much some changes in your life can just derail all the good efforts up til now. It's okay though, we'll both be back at it again soon.

Hope everyone else is having a good weekend. Enjoy this nice weather we're having, next weekend is supposed to be really cold!
Old 09-22-2002, 12:35 PM   #4  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Beth Anne...you're probably right about the weight gain. In my family, it seems that any type of hormone-related birth control makes us women balloon up like the Goodyear blimp. I was on the pill for a very little while, and I gained about 10 lbs. My sister gained 30 on Depo, and my mom must have gained about 60 on the pill. My doctor told me that I was wrong, that the weight gain thing was a "fallacy" and that most women gain less than five pounds on birth control. Doctors can be so frustrating...(he was a MAN no less, so I couldn't tell him to try it for a few months and see how much weight HE gained!)
Old 09-23-2002, 10:17 AM   #5  

Goodmorning everyone. Looks like everyone is still holding strong. Which gives me much inspiration and hope.

My counseling session went well actually. I felt alot stronger when I walked out of there. Down thing is, it will be a few weeks before they set me up with 1 person to see each week. I don't understand why it will take so long. But the woman that I saw explained to me she needs to bring my case before the board and they will give me the person who could help me most. I may seek another therapist because I don't think I can wait a few weeks. I have my strong days, and then I have my very weak days.

Food has been food. I haven't been drowning myself in it. But I haven't been making wise choices either. I think am going to force myself to walk today. Exercise will do wonders for me, and I know I need it more mentally than ever before.

Thank you all for keeping me in you're thoughts. It means the world to me.

Old 09-23-2002, 02:45 PM   #6  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

Height: 5'0"

Okay. .. this might sound really crazy.. but I just bought the new Eminem cd.. I LOVE IT! I know.. I'm too old and too conservative for this. But this is really good

Today I'm pretty in control and it feels great!!!

I took my daughter to Chuck E Cheese this morning.. it was her first time. What fun!! They have a new toddler area - it was a lot of fun. It's nice to be there with other kids her age since the older kids are all in school.

Tonight I have a spa retreat - can't wait. Should be fun!!

What's for supper tonight?
chicken with pasta

Dana
Old 09-23-2002, 04:12 PM   #7  

Hey everyone Sounds like we are all hanging in there & doing our best.

BA, I hope your feeling 100% soon! Nothing worse than being sick And I hope weigh-in is a huge success for you tomorrow (which I know it will be )

Denise! The misses section!!! You rock!!! Way to go!!!!! Keep up the excellent work

Jen, hope your feeling better soon, too!!! Fall colds are about the worse, aren't they!

Jennifer, you have been on my thoughts so much lately. I'm glad the counseling went well, & I hope they can either get you in sooner, or you can find another counselor that will work better for you. {{{big hugs}}}

Jennelle, sometimes I don't think male dr.'s know anything. I just love when they look at you like you're full of it. Come on! It's our own body, I think we know a little bit about it!

Dana, sounds like your dd had a blast Have fun at the spa tonight, you lucky duck!

I'm doing pretty well. The virus I have is getting better, but the fatigue is really lingering. I still feel like I could sleep ALL the time! Hopefully this will all go away in another week or so... WW is going well still. I've done great this week & am really hoping the scale will reflect this
Old 09-23-2002, 05:38 PM   #8  

Glad to hear things are looking up for so many. Now we just need a post from Bella letting us know her hubby is back.

I had a good day today - Fall and all that. And I went to my dr for the first time since I got serious here. It was nice NOT to dread the scale. The nurse asked me what I thought I weighed and I said "ONE thirty five" instead of "TWO thirty five". She started in the 2's anyway of course but she complimented me on the 16 plus pounds I've lost. I do keep thinking in terms of being in the one hundreds. Can't wait to actually start with that 1.

She was also nice about checking her records to see when I last weighed about the same. April of 1993, folks, was the last time I was this low. Their scale was within a half pound of mine but I'll wait for my "official" weigh in on Wednesday. So far, if I stay on track, it looks like I might finally post a little loss.
Old 09-23-2002, 05:48 PM   #9  

hee hee hee...Anagram...it's the power of positive thinking at work! Congratulations on hitting your "lowest" point!
Old 09-23-2002, 10:27 PM   #10  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Hi everyone!!

I had such a GREAT weekend. Steve and I spent the weekend in Indianapolis to celebrate our 10 year anniversary WITHOUT Jacob. It's the 1st time we left him over-night. It was so nice, no alarm clocks, no agenda's. Lot's of . I feel good.

I started fresh again today. Had a good day, over-came the 2:00 munchies. I think I am going to steel snowball's tag line...Never trade what you want at the moment for what you want most. I keep running that through my head...can I borrow it snowball? It so fits where I am right now.
Old 09-24-2002, 02:01 PM   #11  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

I'm frustrated. I've been "really good" for about a month now and I haven't lost a single pound. I exercise everyday and have been really watching what goes in my mouth! But not a single pound.

All I can think of is that the "little binges" have been doing more damage than I expected and although my portions are much healthier than they used to be, maybe I need to cut out things I thought weren't a big deal. Part of me just wants to give up but then I come on here and read all your stories and it's inspirational.

My SO has finally agreed that he could use some exercise, so that great. However, he also found out that his company isn't doing so well and there are lay-offs on the way (which sent me to the kitchen).

I'm emotionally tired, so it's hard to feel motivated.
Old 09-24-2002, 08:18 PM   #12  

Hey Jessica - don't beat yourself up. Part of your slow loss might be that you're replacing fat with muscle with all the exercise. Muscle weighs more than fat. Next month, track your inches as well as your fat.

Still, you're right that it might be the little things adding up. Try journalling really carefully and see what insights that gives you.
Old 09-26-2002, 11:57 AM   #13  

Jessica, don't give up. You are doing great, and Jennelle is right, you are probably replacing fat with muscle. Are you losing inches?
Also, you should measure your servings for a little while, you might be surprised about how much or little a portion really is.

Jennelle, is the school year going better for you? You seem to have a great attitude lately, I hope that that is a signal that you are having a better time at school.

Sandi, I'm glad that you had such a great weekend. As much as we all love our kids, sometimes we all need a break with our significant other just to keep the relationship going.

Dana, I hope that the spa was as wonderful as you anticipated. And I'm glad that the job is going good for you. You are probably working your butt off (literally ).

OK, my turn I guess. I have been MIA this week, and I really had to force myself to come here today. I am really feeling down on myself again, and not so sure why. I have a loving husband, great kids, doing great in school, but we could always use more $$ and I hate it when the DH is traveling. I think that we have seen him for about 4 hours in the last three weeks, and he is gone for another two weeks. Also, it is my TOM and I do suffer from PMS pretty severly, so that is probably a HUGE part of it.
Anyway, I've managed to stay OP, but have gotten very little exercises (besides my crunches every night). Can't get myself motivated again. Oh well, this, too, will pass. I know that once Mike is home again, I will be doing better with the journaling, meal planning, and exercise. I love tennis, and he likes to play with me!
Old 09-26-2002, 01:00 PM   #14  

Sandi, use that line anytime you want It's gotten me through MANY weak moments & continues to do so. It was the best my WW leader ever said to me
Old 09-26-2002, 06:05 PM   #15  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

Hi everyone. This stupid cold is still holding on. I wish it would go away so that I could start feeling human again. Mostly I am just coughing. My nose isn't too stuffy, that's what drives me nuts the most, having a stuffy, runny nose that feels like it weighs 100 lbs.

I'm back into work tomorrow and for the weekend. It will be the first time the dh has looked after the baby for so long. Should be interesting how it goes. Actually he has been doing a really good job for the times he's had to pick him up from daycare til I get home. Everything will be fine.

Have a great weekend everyone. Be good.
Closed Thread