View Full Version : Weekly Chat: May 17- May 23

Tejas
05-17-2010, 02:33 PM
:carrot:

New Pages!

Tejas
05-17-2010, 02:34 PM
Hi everyone;

We're back from our trip and I'm headed for a nap!

Go back to last night and read Nancy's post. You're just great Nancy. No doubt your kids are too.

Rhonda

beach bum
05-17-2010, 03:15 PM
BROUGHT MY MORNING POST OVER TO THE NEW CHAT.

Good Morning Ladies:)

Have to go to the bank this morning and get my CD renewed as it matured on Sat. I think I'm going for a 6 mo-1yr,as I don't know if I will need the money.

W-I this morning I'm up .5 from last week.Hoping for a whoosh next week.

Nothing new, going to get ready to do my walking before I head to the bank

SANDRA=That was me under the sleeping pills that made me twist my words around

NANCY=What a wonderful post I cried when reading it. Time does go fast and you must cherish every minute. I'm sure you did a great job bringing them up as a single parent & your boys will appreciate all the hard work you done for them. Believe me, it will come back to you with your grandchildren as the years go on.

Have nice day

ontarget
05-17-2010, 09:44 PM
Rhonda, thank you for the new pages. Are you rested and ready to hit the floor running in the morning?

Nancy, what a beautiful, heartfelt message. Thank you so much for sharing this with us. You're a remarkable woman. Your boys will be wonderful adults because of you.

Maryann, I took sleeping pills last night, too. I slept till after 9:30 this AM.

Vickie, I'm making my own version of SF shakes. I put a can of SF vanilla or strawberry shake in the blender along with granular Splenda and some frozen fruit. Amazing! My favorite so far was made with frozen Mandarin oranges. Curtis said it tasted like an Orange Julius only better.

I'm op!

beach bum
05-18-2010, 09:10 AM

Today is our election day and we're voting for 2 selectmen and on two budget votes,one for the high school and the others for Capital funds. The last two I'm not voting for don't want to pay another tax.

Nothing new,After I vote I'm going down to the beach and get my walking done before the rain comes in.

SANDRA-Don't like to take sleeping pills if I don't have to,I think I still feel the effects of the pill even today 3 day after taking them.

Have a great morning

Vickie
05-18-2010, 09:35 AM
Good Morning Chicks! I'm sorry. I'm on the fly.....again. It seems that is my life for a while with a puppy. He is meeting the dog walkers this morning so I have to run and get ready, then a million errands. Tomorrow should be quiet.

Nancy, you are an awesome Mom!

aghiowa
05-18-2010, 02:06 PM
Nancy, what a beautiful message you shared! It's nice to see parenting from "the other end" as I sit here with my little guy cuddled up against my chest. He may be our last baby, and so I'm just a little less eager for him to grow up than I was with my older children.

I am not eating perfectly, I am not really exercising, but all things have their season, is my motto. I am keeping myself rested and calm and taking good care of my baby and my girls. :)

And with that, I'm off to take a nap! :lol:

Angela

Tejas
05-18-2010, 04:35 PM
You're doing exactly the right thing, Angela.

So, last night I ordered Nutrisystem for myself and today DH asked me to help him order it on-line. My order has been shipped, so we will see. I gained 4 pounds over the last two weeks. But I don't consider it permanent but just a blip given that I have been loosening my control, traveling and not exercising quite as much. That will all change.

I've been taking stained glass classes and I love them. I also had another massage and my right arm is improving greatly.

Rhonda

Nee Naw
05-18-2010, 06:19 PM
Hi everyone,

just wanted to say what a wonderful website this is. I have been lurking around for the last week reading posts and recipes. I have been following the 'old' core plan for the last 4 months (not attending WW class just doing it from home).

It has been an inspiration reading your success stories on here, I'm hoping to achieve the same lifestyle changes over time.

Nee Naw

ontarget
05-18-2010, 07:02 PM
:welcome: Nee Naw. I hope to get to know you better. Please hop in and join us as much and as often as you can.

Rhonda, I wish you and Doyle the best of success on NS. Please keep us updated on how you're doing. I also look forward to seeing your stained glass work. Have you gotten your bird feeder up yet?

Vickie, you sound extremely happy. Makes me smile.

Angela, Rhonda's right. You're doing the right thing.

Maryann, Tylenol PM sometimes leaves me groggy. I don't take it often, but when I do, I try to take it early in the evening. That helps.

I'm op!!!!!!!

Tejas
05-18-2010, 11:47 PM
:welcome2: Nee Naw!

We're a great group of women, encouraging one another to do whatever is necessary to reach the goals we want to reach. Jump in.

Sandra, we haven't hung the feeder yet, but will do so tomorrow. I've got to find a spot that is safe from those wily squirrels. We will likely buy another pole with a guard on it and hang the feeder you gave me and another one.

DH put in his NS order tonight, grumbling the whole time. But, I think he'll do it.

Vickie, yes, please, when you have a moment PM me Jim's favorites.

Rhonda

beach bum
05-19-2010, 10:05 AM

Its RAINING :rain: and I'm not heading out today,as we expecting down pour on & off today. Going to work on my dresser draws and get some of my summer clothes up stair and my heavy winter sweater down to the basement.Hate :devil:doing that as I'm so afraid to fall down the stairs carrying those bins contently.I'm also going to bake :chef: some Mocked Danish Pastry from my Atkins Cookbook, this afternoon. and than REST and take it easy on this rainy day.

VICKIE-:sorry:Seems like that puppy of yours is a handful. Hope he settles down soon.

ANGELA-I agree :yes:with the ladies,your children come first before anything,but you must take care of yourself.Try to eating in portions[small plate]several times a day might do the trick.

RHONDA-I was thinking about NS or JC but I still love :love: to cook and I found ooodles of new L/C recipes on the net to keep me busy for years. Wishing you & your DH great success on the NS.

NEENAW-Welcome :welcome3: to our thread you'll like it here.We not all on the Core but we support each other on all sort of plans.We have a nice thread on this board fro all sorts of CORE recipes,to get you started.

SANDRA-Thanks :thanks: for the information,going to looking to this. Don't want to get hooked on sleeping pills like one of my new friends did,she can't stop taking them.

Have a great morning

Tejas
05-19-2010, 12:23 PM
Maryann, I love to cook also, and I'm doing NS for a while just to support DH. If he doesn't need my support, then I'll go off. But, if my being on it helps him, I'm sure I can persevere for a few months.

Rhonda

nancy237
05-19-2010, 12:46 PM
Last night I ran down to the grocery store to grab some pet food and I slipped and fell on a big puddle of spilled milk. I think the milk was the same color as the floor and was hard to see.

All I remember is waking up with people around me. The took me to the ER and ran scans and xrays and nothing is broken , just badly bruised.
My sweet darling hubby was by my side for 5 hours in the ER even though his knees were killing him because he missed his pain med dose.

I am pretty sore today and they have me on vicodin & valium for pain and muscle relaxers.

Funny thing is that I had to wear the hospital gown home because my clothes were soaked with Milk..

I am just sleeping and resting today, but I wish I could shop because my sons 18th Bday is tomorrow.

Welcome nee naw

If this post does not make sense ..its the meds ...

ontarget
05-19-2010, 01:36 PM
Rhonda, we do wind up feeding squirrels with that type feeder. They don't seem to use the ones in the back like they do the one in the front. Don't know why. Tell Doyle I'm proud of him. That's a big step.

Maryann, let us know how your Atkins pastry comes out. That sounds interesting. I read somewhere that folks should take sleeping pills 2 or 3 nights to get their bodies used to sleeping through the night then discontinue them. I haven't tried that. I just take a tablet occasionally (actually rarely).

Nancy, thank goodness you didn't break any bones. Robin is a keeper. (I already knew that.) How sweet of him to stay by you while he was suffering, too.

We just got home from town. We had a low cal lunch. I had SF for breakfast and will do likewise for dinner. So? I'm op!!!

Vickie, I guess you're doing some Brodie things. That little fellow has brought a lot of joy into your home. Makes me smile.

Nee Naw, how is your day going?

Nee Naw
05-19-2010, 06:22 PM
Hi everyone,
Has a good day today made oatmeal pancakes for breakfast and whole family loved them!! Pancakes are not a traditional breakfast here so it was a bit of a novelty.

Had a busy but enjoyable day at work and kept core all day.

hope everyone else has had a good day.

Nee Naw

ontarget
05-19-2010, 08:46 PM
Nee Naw, I'd love to have your oatmeal pancake recipe. Could you post it, please?

I am op!

Tejas
05-19-2010, 10:23 PM
Aww, Nancy. That hurts! Good for Robin. Don't worry about your son; he's got a story to tell about how his mom spent his 18th birthday!

Sandra, the birds are just voracious right now...I can't keep them fed!

I, on the other hand, have been moderate in my eating today. I saw Todd and had a good workout. Then, I rode the :ebike:, did the stair climber for 15 minutes, did push ups and sit ups, and aquafit. In all, I exercised for 2 hours this morning, including time to change clothes. I should be tired, but I'm not. I bet I'll sleep well!

:yawn:

Rhonda

beach bum
05-20-2010, 07:51 AM

The rain :rain: is gone and the sun is shinning:sun:,going out with some friends for a picnic in the park type of lunch,and than walk on a trail from the woods to the ocean. so I get my walking done than and in the afternoon I have choir practice so I going to be a busy day for me.

Maryann, I love to cook also, and I'm doing NS for a while just to support DH. If he doesn't need my support, then I'll go off. But, if my being on it helps him, I'm sure I can persevere for a few months.

[B]RHONDA-Oh!! that's different, and it will be fun doing a diet together,Leo never believed in diets but he was very supportive even if I had to do it alone.

NANCY-Oh I'm so sorry about your fall,sending some prayers & hugs:hug: you way that you heal fast. You were lucky that you didn't break any bones. You have a wonderful DH to be with you at the ER for all those hours.

Maryann, let us know how your Atkins pastry comes out. That sounds interesting. I read somewhere that folks should take sleeping pills 2 or 3 nights to get their bodies used to sleeping through the night then discontinue them. I haven't tried that. I just take a tablet occasionally (actually rarely).

SANDRA-The danishes come out fine the only thing the filling comes out of the bottom,so you have to be careful and put it on a plate and eat it instead of walking a round with them. We have told her several times to wean off of them,but she won't listen:listen: but than again it up to her.

NEE NAW- I used to make the oatmeal pancakes,and have a recipe from the South Beach Diet but now I make protein pancakes from soy whey protein powder.as I'm on a low carb diet.

aghiowa
05-20-2010, 08:57 AM
New picture...he's 6 weeks old here.

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g272/AngelazTNT/IMG_2195.jpg

Have a great day!
Angela

beach bum
05-20-2010, 10:08 AM
ANGELA:)

Thanks for sharing your photo with us of your new baby. He so precious,its brought tears to my eyes just thinking back when mine were that small.

Have a great day

ontarget
05-20-2010, 02:17 PM
Awwwwwwww, Angela. He's adorable. Thank you for sharing the photo with us. Makes me smile.

Rhonda, I'm doing a lot of feeding here, too. Thank goodness it's "for the birds."

Maryann, your day sounds fantastic. A picnic and a walk in the park. Awesome!

Vickie, what are you and Brodie up to today?

Nee Naw
05-20-2010, 03:22 PM
Hi ladies,

Hope everyone has had a good day. The Scottish weather has improved slightly and it looks like we are in for a nice weekend. I'm heading into Edinburgh tomorrow night with friends from work, we are eating Italian so any recommendations to stay OP would be gratefully appreciated.

Nee Naw

ontarget
05-20-2010, 04:22 PM
Nee Naw, all I can think to say is that you should stay away from alfredo sauces. Do you think the restaurant will have whole wheat pasta? Just wondering. Also, use your weekly allowance points if necessary. (I'm not really a good one to be giving advice.)

Nee Naw
05-20-2010, 05:09 PM
Thanks for the advice, I've tried really hard this week to stay op and I don't want to undo everything. I'm going to keep an eye on the alcohol intake as well.

ontarget - the oatmeal pancake recipe was the one you posted on the core breakfast page :-)

ontarget
05-20-2010, 05:58 PM
How embarrassing. Guess I'm getting older than I'd thought.:dizzy: Just shows you how long it's been since I've made Core recipes.

Nee Naw, enjoy your evening. And use those WAP's.

nancy237
05-20-2010, 09:20 PM
Angela...That picture is wonderful. I love pictures of them sleeping..so peaceful..
I didn't think to get many photos of mine sleeping...I was probably
sleeping also!!

beach bum
05-21-2010, 08:40 AM
Good Morning Ladies :)

Had a wonderful day with my lady friends,the weather was perfect and after with ate we took along water and than they helped me get some windshield washer in my car dispenser. I'm so dump when it comes to cars.That was Leo's job all the time.

Today I have condo business to take care of and than off to the beach and than grocery shopping.

SANDRA-We had a wonderful time,don't need restaurants when you can go out for lunch even on a park bench with sandwiches you made.

NEE NAW-I agree with Sandra keep away from the creamy alfredo sauces. and drink plenty of water to flush out the sodium in the tomato suace also.

blessedwithsarah
05-21-2010, 08:53 AM
Hi ladies, just a quick check in. Things are going really well. I'm 5 pounds from goal #1. This will put me back to where I was maintining for a while (up until the past year when I went up more :) ) After that I'll focus on 5 pounds at a time. Right now I'm only 11 pounds from my WW goal weight.

Angela, Miles is adorable. Great picture!

Welcome Nee Naw! For suggestions -- try to stay away from pasta all together. There is a great italian restaurant we love to go to - they have a chicken catiatore that is vegetables and chicken in a red sauce. I order that without pasta - extra salad. See if they have something like that or maybe Italian style fish or chicken. HTH!

Sandra and Rhonda, sounds like you had a nice visit! Its about time!!!!

Maryanne, enjoye the weekend. Our weather is going to be fabulous!

Well, got to get going. Have a nice day. TGIF!

nancy237
05-21-2010, 02:59 PM
I decided to move my goal weight closer...
Maybe that will motivate me and then I can set another 5 pound
loss goal...

sloanie
05-21-2010, 04:03 PM
Hey chickies! I've been crazy busy but reading your posts. I don't have much time today, but I wanted to say:

Sandra, I'm so proud of you! You're right, it does take courage to post our weight. It is very personal, and it's natural to want to keep it to ourselves. I think having the courage to post it is a VERY important first step. :cp:

I'll try to check in sometime this weekend. TTFN

ontarget
05-21-2010, 05:20 PM
Thank you, Sloan. I was hesitant about doing it, but am glad I did. I hope all is settling down for you now that school's winding down.

ontarget
05-21-2010, 11:40 PM
Paula, it's good to see you here. Congratulations on being so close to goal.

Nancy, that's sort of what I've done. I don't even know what my final goal is now. I'm just focusing on the first 10.

Maryann, I wish I could picnic and walk with you. Wouldn't that be fun?

Rhonda, Curtis and I drove out to "Old Foamy" this evening. We were just riding around in the country.

Well, Chickies. I'm op.

nancy237
05-21-2010, 11:54 PM
Sandra...It does seem better seeing that I am closer to this goal...
You and I have only 3-4 pounds to meet our next goal... I bet we are there
sometime in June...

Vickie
05-22-2010, 09:40 AM
Good Morning Chicks! It's a grand day. I have been so busy but have a few minutes this morning. We are having some visitors to meet Brodie tonight so I have to straighten up things around here and vacuum.

I haven't been on program but I am trying to exercise portion control and common sense. Is that still being on program? I'm supposed to be back on program but I'm having a hard time doing so. I may have one more splurge.

Vickie
05-22-2010, 09:52 AM
Welcome Nee Naw! You're from Scotland...how COOL is that?! Land of the sweet little doggies that I have loved so much all of my life. I'm usually here ALL the time but my husband and I just got a new little Scottie puppy and we are VERY busy dodging puppy shark teeth and walking him outside. I'm not completely on Core at the moment but I am a devotee. I'm currently doing a modified Core/Jenny Craig/counting calories. As you can see, I've a lot more to lose but am not giving up this time. I hope you enjoy our little group. We stay together no matter the program but all believe that Core is the healthiest way to eat. I loved those oatmeal pancakes. They were one of my favorites. I may have to dust off some of my Core recipes. That would make a yummy lunch for me. I hope you'll stay and post often. We love welcoming new chicks to the fold! What did you end up eating at the Italian restaurant? I would have recommended minestrone soup and marinara on whole wheat pasta. Maybe a side salad.

Angela, Miles is a very handsome boy. You have that Iowa farmgirl look and he could be the Gerber baby. How are you feeling? You said you were a bit concerned about post birth. I think about you often. How did you get Miles picture to post inside the box? All my pictures end up being too big.

Sandra, good for you for being back on program. I'm sick of being stuck where I am. I have two more splurges between now and May 29th. After that, May 30th is back to hard core business for me.

Mary Ann, I'm glad to hear that you are starting to enjoy your life with your new friends. Simple pleasures are the best.

Nancy, how is Robin doing? More importantly, how are you? You seem like you are in a very reflective place lately. I think it's important for us to set smaller goals for ourselves, especially if we have a long way to go.

Paula, congratulations on getting back to where you can work on virgin weight again. it's a great feeling, isn't it?

Rhonda, what's new with you? You seem so focused to me. I could use help with that.

Time for breakfast chicks!
Rhonda,

aghiowa
05-22-2010, 10:47 AM
Hi ladies. My mom and I are going to join up at WW again today. For those of you who don't know, we both lost about 50 pounds a few years ago, and I got my Lifetime. I'm heavier now than when I started that adventure, but I know I can get it off again. Since I am nursing a newborn right now though, I'm going to take it very slow and just focus on healthy food choices and exercise. I'm excited!

Vickie, I was very concerned about postpartum depression, since I had it with each of the girls. But this time, thanks to some help from my pharmacy, I am fine! It's so amazing to feel like myself after having a baby. I just can't describe the relief I feel at not having to live through PPD again!

I'm not sure how I managed to post the picture the right size...it just did it? I host them on PhotoBucket...maybe they size them appropriately.

I'm off to pick up Mom and head over to WW...wish me luck!
Angela

Tejas
05-22-2010, 12:03 PM
Hi all...just passing through...we've had guests (someone I've known for over 40 years) and I'm in recovery mode. But, I thought I'd tell you that they are on a very low carb diet and my woman friend has lost 15 pounds in just a few months. She said that she is now on a plateau. But, what a plateau; she looks good!

I'm seeing Todd at 1PM for "legs." That always kills me. I can leg press 360 pounds 8 times now. Whew! Can't believe it really.

I need a nap!!! :yawn:

Vickie, thanks for the list of NS favorites.

Rhonda

ontarget
05-22-2010, 02:41 PM
Vickie, :bday2you: :bday2: :balloons: Have a glorious, fun-filled birthday!!! :bday2you:

Nancy, I got kind of excited reading your post. We should reach our "goal" in June for sure.

Angela, you know I'm wishing you the best of success. And I'm sooooo glad you don't have PPD. That's awesome news.

Nee Naw
05-22-2010, 03:44 PM
Hi all,
Thanks for all the warm welcomes, I love visiting this board as everyone is so friendly.

The meal was fantastic, I had chicken arrabiata (unfortunately no wholemeal pasta), no wine and lots of water.

The weather has been fantastic here for the last couple of days and Edinburgh in the late afternoon sun was just beautiful. I wish it could be like that all the time!!

Today has been a busy day tidying up the garden. I made a huge salad for lunch and WW chicken tikka for dinner. Neither of us are hungry which is always a good sign as we were terrible for snacking in the evening.

Hi Vickie Scotties are great wee dogs, I have a Jack Russell terrier myself and my brother breeds Border terriers, they are scruffy looking dogs but they have a great nature. Good luck with your puppy I know what you mean about the razor sharp teeth!!

Hope you have all had a good day.

Nee Naw

ontarget
05-22-2010, 04:08 PM
Nee Naw, I'm glad you had a good time. Enjoy your gardening. I'm going outside now to transplant strawberries into a wheelbarrow.

beach bum
05-22-2010, 04:55 PM
Hi Ladies:)

Had a very productive day yesterday.Have no idea where I go my energy from.I washed all the downstairs windows and will attempt the up stair ones today.Had too because all the little green sappy things that fly off the trees and stick to the car and house windows,along with the sneezing up a storm if these thing get up your nose.

This morning I went to get 8 tomato plants for my mini garden,decided to put plants 4[3 early girls & 1 big boy] in each barrel and the other two barrels I'm going to plant some red & yellow peppers.

Walked this morning for 35mins,lucky I got out early as the tourist are back and the beach parking lot was crowed.

VICKIE-Its your :BH: birthday today Hope it was a Happy one.One thing I learned that you have to move on and that's what I'm doing.My one friend and I have problem with one of the woman that we hang out with, she keeps on wanted to go out to a restaurant even for a bowl of soup we keep on telling her no. Have a feeling she not happy being at home alone. Told her that she has to take the first step and move forward and not look back.Have no idea whether she'll take my advice or not.

ANGELA-Wow congrats on your mom & you joining WW again. Wish the both programs would work for me,but my doctor feels low carbing is more for me to get this weight off.

RHONDA-That's a amazing about your friend losing 15-lbs on a LCD. I hope its in the cards for me to lose that much.Enjoy your guests.

NEE NAW-We have nice weather finally in the Cape,its been nice but the winds are the bad part as it can be a pain, trying to walk along the beach and battling the winds hitting your face. Now the winds are subsiding to more of a sea breeze. My BIL wife comes from Scotland,but I forget the town.She's been here in the states for well over forty years but she still has the accent. Glad you had a good time with your friends,and having lots of water, that's always good for any diet.

SANDRA-Loks like we have several gardeners.I with my tomatoes, you with your strawberries & Nee Naw busy with her garden.

Have to start my supper,see you guys some time tomorrow afternoon.

ontarget
05-22-2010, 10:12 PM
Maryann, I have tomatoes, too. So far I've picked 1 but there are 3 turning red now and several still green. But strawberries are my main edibles. I filled the wheelbarrow with some I had in small strawberry pots. My roses look sick.

I got off program tonight. My fault. Well, of course, it's my fault. Nobody force fed me. What I didn't handle correctly was working in the yard well beyond dinnertime. I had too many calories when I finally ate.

Tomorrow is a new day.

nancy237
05-22-2010, 10:19 PM
oh dear...

I impulsively bought a 12 pack of something that I have no will power
over at the grocery store...

Why didn't I just buy a single pack of this evil thing????

So I have had 3 already at 170 calories each....

Tejas
05-22-2010, 10:44 PM
Throw them OUT, Nancy!!

Happy Birthday, Vickie!

nancy237
05-22-2010, 11:00 PM
But it was only $ 1.59 for 12

Okay , okay...
I am tossing them right now!!!

beach bum
05-23-2010, 07:53 AM

Had a sleepless night as far as I was concerned went in & out of a sleeping pattern. Didn't take any pills as I hate:devil: the effects in the morning.

Sandra=sorry about your roses,The only ones that take in my yard are the beach ones called Rosa Regosa's The grow along the sandy beach,so I brought some home and planted them 12 years ago now there taking over the whole garden. Got early girls tomatoes which are suppose to be ripe in July and big boys that will be ripe around Aug or Sept.

NANCY-I agree with the girls throw them out. You remind me a lot like my sister she can't resist a bargain and when Enterman's has a sale of 3 for $10 instead of buying one box she has to buy 3.

Have a great day going to spend the the afternoon watching the golf game.

aghiowa
05-23-2010, 09:25 AM
Morning ladies! Day 1 of WW went well. As a nursing mom, I need 8 fruits and veggies, 3 dairy, 3 healthy oils etc etc. I'm having a hard time fitting it all in! But I get 37 points to work with, so that's something. :D

It is hot and sticky here today. I'm working on dh to convince him it's time to turn on the a/c. We shall see if I prevail.

Off to church!
Angela

Vickie
05-23-2010, 09:35 AM
Good Morning Chicks! I had an awesome birthday even though we had no special plans. Jim surprised me with a Flip Ultra HD camera that I've been wanting even though we don't buy presents for each other any more. My Nephew, Niece, and Great Niece came yesterday and stayed for about 5 or 6 hours. We had Chipotle together and I did a good job of sticking to my calories and it was Core! When I'm not doing JC, I try to keep it to Core.

Nee Naw, you are almost as crazy us us with our Scotties to have a JRT! Talk about high energy. Border terriers too! We love our wee Brodie. I'm going to try to post a recent picture of him. No babies for us....just Brodie! Great job at the restaurant. Arabiatta is real close to just plain marinara. I think you made good choices, especially to pass on the wine.

Nancy, are those "wonderful evil things" gone? I'm just like you. Can't resist a sale and HATE to throw things out. It's not worth how long it willl take you to get off those calories.

Sandra, I wish I had strawberries. I keep saying I'll have a garden when I get thinner. It's too hard right now with my hiatal hernia to garden but maybe someday. Bummer about your rose bushes. I know how proud you were of your garden before with all your rose bushes. They sure don't thrive every where.

Mary Ann, your container garden sounds wonderful. Good for you for getting those windows done!

Rhonda, you're welcome for the NS list. Hope it helps you and Doyle. Jim is still going strong. He's down about 67 pounds now even with all the birthday celebrating he's been doing. I enetered him in the NS contest that is supposed to be decided in July. There is one $50,000 winner and ten $5,000 winners. We'd be thrilled with $5,000! I entered him and then told him that I did it. Thankfully, he didn't mind. I agreed that he'd be in magazines or commercials if he won. I may be married to a star!

Angela, what exciting news for you and your Mom! No matter that you are starting again. I did it and I know you can too. I can't wait to hit that 50 pound mark since I never did it last time. How was the meeting? It's wonderful the way you and your Mom support each other. I'd be honored to have a daughter like you. Thank God for medicine. I'm glad you are feeling great and are able to enjoy Miles.

Thank you all for my Birthday Wishes. I'm 54 and trying to be at 100 pounds down by 55. I'll have to work VERY hard to achieve that goal.

It's going to be in the 80's here for a week. Of course, my pool is not open since I usually open it around Memorial Day. It's ok since I'll feel guilty about leaving Brodie inside anyway.

Vickie
05-23-2010, 10:59 AM
Here's Brodie. I still can't figure out how to insert a picture into the text field. All I keep getting are links and not photos. I'll google it when I have time or check out photobucket. I just hate to put my photos in yet another location.

Tejas
05-23-2010, 01:43 PM
Aww, that Brodie is a cutie...such blue eyes he has!

Good girl, Nancy!!!! :woohoo:

Vickie
05-23-2010, 04:49 PM
I wish I took better pictures. His eyes are really black/brown but that's his version of "red eye".

aghiowa
05-23-2010, 05:37 PM
He's so cute!! I think he even gives Miles a run for his money. :D

Angela

ontarget
05-23-2010, 06:32 PM
Brodie is a cutie for sure. Thank you for sharing the photo with us, Vickie.

Nancy, that's an NSV tossing the bargains. I had a WW leader once who said something to the effect of looking at the bargain and figuring out how many weekly meeting fees it was going to cost if you indulged. Makes it not such a good bargain. However, I still falter and splurge. But you knew that.

I had a holiday from program yesterday but am back on today.