Weight Loss Support - Christian Encouragers #154

View Full Version : Christian Encouragers #154

sami
09-18-2002, 07:40 PM
If you are looking for a great group to find support and prayer you can find it here. Everyone is welcome!

sami
09-18-2002, 07:51 PM
Blessing this evening Things are starting to settle down here. We have had this flu thing going around here.

Fonda- I feel your pain! I have a 15 yr old also now I know why you turn gray after having kids!!!!! Your DH better watch that hernia mine had surgery for his two years ago and was off work for 8 weeks! I almost went nuts with him home and he was such a baby!

Wilma-I didn't get any home grown stuff this year I had several people promise but they never came through.

Ez-I am broke right now from those cute kids in my neighborhood selling stuff!

Patricia- how is your family doing? I miss your post!

Sherry- How is things going your way?

leens-How are you?

Zoe, ect....... We are missing our friends!

May the Lord Bless you!
Sami

betty crocker
09-19-2002, 03:42 PM
Hello Everyone:wave:

Hi Sami, I'm fine. Haven't lost any weight in awhile. We are starting a new session of First PLace the 29th. Can't wait. I've done real well this week eating and exercising but not with bible study. My son is adjusting to be gone all day at school, and starting soccor. We've been real busy with revival last week. There were several decisions, Praise the Lord:cp:

I've checked in several times but didn't see anyone posting. Thought everyone was gone:?: Hope to hear from everyone soon. Bye for now:dancer:

EZMONEY
09-19-2002, 08:26 PM
GOOD EVENING ALL YOU LOOOOOOSERS!!!

How are all of you doing? What is happening to our post ladies? We get people checking in to see if there are new posts and then we don't leave one when we check in-- HELLO!! :dizzy:
All is well with the nephew-- just dropped him off at tennis lessons-- he is taking 2 a week now. His mom came by to visit him yesterday, he was so excited. Last week when she came I made her do homework with him-- she complained to my brother that since he was taken away from her she should be able to just visit-- I made her do homework with him for 2 hours last night when she was here-- She just doesn't get it- if she had her way the kids would play and she would rest, then she would just complain that the teachers are not doing their job. The science teacher made my nephew stand for a half hour in class because 3 times he was caught leaning back in his chair in a half hour. I made him write her a thank-you note for teaching him how to sit proper!!
We are going with 30 people from church tomorrow night to see the locals put on the play FOOTLOSE, should be good-- they always are-- real professional. We sit outside at and bring chairs and blankets, picnic dinner, it is way cool but you have to arrive early to get a good space-- usually 1,000 people show each night.
FONDA- my step daughter is on a travel team for soccer, she is pretty good and is also in soccer p.e. in her freshman year. My daughter plays college tennis and my son college track and coaches at one of the local high schools cross country, track and basketball (when he can) they are paid positions for him. My kids have pretty much done year round sports their whole lives-- so Yes I do understand the time factor it puts on us.
Well, my night for dinner-- Later and God Bless you all, Gary:)

wilma12
09-20-2002, 12:15 AM
You're right about the checking in and not posting Gary. I am guilty of that!

I've had a pretty good day today. I heard from both my sons and they're both enjoying school. One bought himself a new computer (the one getting the CS degree) so I'll be hearing from him a lot more. The other one is too busy socializing but at least he touches base once in a while.

DH is about a week away from being finished with the harvest. This could mean that he gets our Thanksgiving weekend off. That is on the 14th of October. It would be so nice to have him around for the holiday. It's also my oldest DS's 21st birthday that weekend so it would be extra special.

I need you all to give me a kick out the door. I'm faithfully doing my weights but have a real hard time getting out and walking.

Well, it's time to head off to bed. G'nite!!

sami
09-20-2002, 07:21 AM
Blessing this morning,
I am suppose to be going to OH for a kickball tournament (its about 3 hrs away) The last two years we got all the way there and it rained and the two years before that it was cancelled because of rain. They need to get the hint! I got my kids up and my DD throat is raw so were not going!

Betty- So glad that your Son is doing better in School. My kindergrtner is so board on non school days. I also am not spending enough time studing Gods word. I am going to pray about it and try to spend time everynight reading my bible!

EZ-After my Brother passed away I took his two kids in (That gave me 4 kids 2 and under) There Mother was like your nephews mother. She would not let us keep the kids because they recivied a SS check! She passed the kids from house to house and when I talked to an Atty they told me she would look like a good Mom because she was leaving them in good homes! They are grown now and bitter.

Wilma-So you have Thanksgiving in Oct? Do you have anything in Nov? I am glad your kids are doing well. I can tell you raised them well.

God bless you today!
Sami

Gutchie
09-20-2002, 10:49 AM
So nice to see so many posts.
Welcome newcomers, hugs all around.

I'm still here, Southern Ontario farm gal. Busy! The Fall Fair season keeps us mobile with showing goats and horse.
Ds did well with both the animals this year. He did however come down with the worse case of Asthma in years. He's been off school for over a week, not fun when in Grade 11.
The weather is so dry here, the allergy/asthma season flourishing.
We are looking forward to frost. ( Did I say that?)

I've been doing good on program, 4 pounds down last week, my best week ever. Total gone now 12.6
I've still a long way to go, but determined.
The weight lifting at night is still on, enjoying a little 15-20 minute session. ( Can arm wings disappear :)

I pray you all have an enjoyable weekend!
My thoughts and prayers are coming to you across the miles.
Remember to attend "Worship". God is GREAT!

Hugs,
Sister Joanne

EZMONEY
09-20-2002, 11:06 AM
Hi gals, Just a quick one before work-- going in late today for a short day (teeth cleaning at the dentist for me). The nephew got upset with me last night because I made him do his homework before we went to another neice's b-day party. He never had to do it before.
Wilma- I will remember you on Oct. 14-- that is the day my new running shoes are supposed to be in. Sami-- you are right on with the SS and my SIL. Hope your DD gets over the sore throat! Joanne, good to hear from you-- congrats on the Fall Fair, I hope your son gets over the allergy/asthma soon. I get the red itchy eye thing going some years-- I hate it.
Well off to work-- Have a great week-end and GO TO CHURCH ( if you can!) Gary

sami
09-21-2002, 11:13 AM
I need to share how the Lord watched over me Fri. I was suppose to go to this kickball tournament in OH that is a 3 hr dr one way but my DD didn't feel well so I decided not to go. About 1:30 pm a tornado came through and did a lot of damage in my area and we were without power until late. My DH works across town and the tornado went through there first It hit across the street and did major damage there. He call to see if we were ok and it had not hit here yet and as soon as I hung up the phone the tornado went through and the power went out I call my DH back and let him know we were fine and after we hung up you could not get calls out anymore! Cell phones went down and reg phones lines were down! I am so thankful today because No one was seriously hurt and there is major damage all around! We were not hit we have a little wind damage and we will lose one tree but Had I gone on the kickball tournament I would have been stuck on the interstate trying to get home (power lines were all over the road so the interstate was standing still) And I would have heard about the tornato by my house and my DH work and not been able to call and check on anyone because you couldn't use cell phones and I would have been so stressed! And to add to the blessing our team got all the way over to OH and the kickball tournament was cacelled! The Lord has trully blessed us!
Please say a prayer for the tornado victims.
Sami

EZMONEY
09-21-2002, 12:58 PM
Sami- I saw the tornados on the news last night and thought of you and your family, thank God you are all o.k.- Gary

wilma12
09-21-2002, 01:27 PM
Yes, Sami, thank God that you're okay! sometimes we don't know until later why disappointments happen but God is always in control. PTL!!

wilma12
09-23-2002, 11:00 AM
Good Morning! I see we were all really busy this weekend. I also have a really busy week ahead of me. I have also decided that I've done enough of this goofing around and am seriously going to get this weight off.

I walked a mile this morning and am starting to journal my food again. I know what I need to do and I plan to do it. Are you all with me? We can do this if we stick together. I plan to come here each day and hold myself accountable for what I ate and what I did that day. Please let me know if you see something that isn't right. I really do appreciate your support and encouragement.

Have a wonderful day!

EZMONEY
09-23-2002, 11:18 AM
Good Monday --
How was the week-end for everyone? Congrats on the NEW attitude Wilma. That is all it takes-- just keep on trying!
Had a pretty good day at church yesterday, we had are yearly back to school/church pic-nic. My nephew's mom came, my daughter overheard her saying some pretty bad things about me but since she is a looney tune it doesn't bother me. I am pretty sure she is ashamed and embarresed the kids were taken from her -- but that sure wasn't my fault. I reported it to the social worker this a.m. just to get it logged in the file on her for future issues.
We have a furniture man coming today to repair the damage the carpet guys did-- hope it can be fixed.
Since the nephew got here I haven't had much time to exercise with all the adjusting going on and taking him to tennis, etc. I am going to work this week on a new program that I can fit in-- I hope!
Well off to work, have a great day/evening all of you-- In His Care- Gary

sami
09-23-2002, 07:57 PM
Blessing to all. The weather is wonderful just that nice crispness that makes me want to walk! I am with you Wilma I started my day out right and then about 11 I had a blood sugar drop so I had to act fast and eat something sweet. And when I have a low sugar It really throws me off. I am going to have to plan ahead (my dr just put me back on meds and I need to adjust it) As more of the area have opened up where the tornado hit and I am so thankful. We passed a couple houses that we were debating on buying before we bought this one and they were hit hard! THANK YOU LORD! EZ my ex-SIL bad mouth me to when I kept her kids. It use to hurt my feeling.

Come back all CE we miss you!
Sami

sami
09-24-2002, 08:43 PM
Hi everyone I hope you had an OP day? I had another low blood sugar scare again. I need to find out why. Today was really bad because I was in the middle of doing a training session and I had to quickly get them started on the paper work so I could sneak off and eat. I hope to see some post when I check back in.
Sami

wilma12
09-24-2002, 10:16 PM
Hi! I had a pretty good day today. I did eat too much at supper. I am soooo hungry after work that I want to eat everything in the house. PMS week too which doesn't help. I think I need to rethink my eating pattern. Maybe have a bowl of soup or something filling after work and then have a later supper. I'll try it tomorrow and see if it helps. I did walk my 1 mile this am and did some of my strength training. I need to do more!!

Good night!!

sami
09-25-2002, 07:43 PM
Wilma I think your right I had a low blood sugar again today and once again I ate too much to over come it. And like you I have noticed that it is about the same time of day mine is mid morning. I am also rethinking my eating plan. One thing I had to do while I was pg to keep bloodsugars level was to split my meals up. Like for lunch I would have a sandwich sf pudding and fruit. At mid day I ate my fruit and lunch I had my sandwich and mid day a snack. I ate every two hrs and I was never hungry! I lost 50 lbs eating like that. You might try it and see if it helps.
Sami

EZMONEY
09-25-2002, 11:32 PM
Hi everyone- the nephews counselor came over this evening and explained to my sil that the boy would be with me for a long time probably, unless there was great work on her part-- she was granted unsupervised visitation though for 1 week-night and Sunday for a few hours. Otherwise things are going pretty well except for the lack of posts PEOPLE!!! My daughter called this evening-- always good to hear she is well. Outta here for the night ladies--- We can do all things with HIS help-- including exercise, watching what we eat, etc-- WE ARE NOT ALONE-- EVER!!!!!! Love ya all- Gary

Zoe
09-26-2002, 12:03 AM
Hello my friends ~

I guess I've been pretty scarce lately.....sorry. My eating had gotten out of control and for some reason, it just felt like a chore to do anything. I am better now, feeling good, have lost 10 pounds in the last 2 weeks and can finally say that I see "a light" at the end. :D I hadn't been going to church for a long time and had a new one I wanted to try but never seemed to get there. I would have good intentions on Saturday night but when Sunday morning rolled around, there I sat, paper and coffee and feeling lazy. Oh course, guilt always got me but I would just think "hey, it's not a sin to not go to church"....yeah, it's not but you need that fellowship, that praise time that just isn't the same when you're home alone. So last Sunday, I finally went and I LOVED IT!!!! Oh my gosh, it was GREAT!! The praise and worship part was so uplifting and so wonderful as was the pastor who happens to be a singer whose CD's I already have. (Gary Oliver) Oh, I feel so good now....and will go back this coming Sunday......

Well, gotta run.....Greg is out of town again and I have things to do here. I will go back and read all your posts but for now, I just wanted to say hello........oh, and Sami, thanks for asking where I was in your 9/18 post. That made me smile and I just HAD to post. :)

In Christ,
Zoe <><

wilma12
09-26-2002, 11:07 AM
Zoe: It's so good to hear from you again. Congrats on losing the 10 lbs. Keep up the good work!! I find it necessary to go to church each Sunday. If I don't I become complacent in my spiritual walk and I do miss the fellowship of other believers. I'm so glad you found a church that gives you what you need. Keep coming back here. We've missed you!!

Gary: Glad to hear things are running smoothly in your household. Isn't it nice to have your children in places you know God wants them to be? My youngest DS is calling home quite a bit lately so he must miss us a bit. Oldest DS got himself a new computer so our contact is through email even though I remind him the telephone still works!!!

Sami: Thanks for the advice on eating smaller and more frequent meals. I may have to try that. I am finding that if I eat a bigger snack at coffee break I don't eat as much for supper so there must be some merit to it. Now if only the weight would drop off.

I've been faithfully doing my walking tape and my strength exercises every morning and am noticing an increase in energy. I almost look forward to getting up and doing them. What a change! Now if I can get that eating under control I'd be in business.

Thank you to all of you for your support. You don't know how much you mean to me!! God bless you!!! {{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}

Gutchie
09-26-2002, 04:08 PM
A Beautiful Fall day here in southern Ontario.

I Pray your all safe in the storm areas of the U.S South!
I hear your sending the rain this direction and we thank you in advance, we need it so!

Not much new here on the farm. The Classy (quarter horse) decided, for whatever reason, (possibly bee's) to go through the wire fence. We were out of town attending a wedding. The neighbours got her safely in but alas they didn't notice the large cut. The vet and we are trying to treat it but its taking so long, the cut being just below the knee. The love of animals comes with difficulties for certain and we worry as with the children.

May I say that although not a sin to miss Worship, it does please the devil if we do. This is how I motivate myself every Lord's day. We sure don't want the devil to rejoice now do we?

I'm managing to stay OP most of the time but the loss is ever so slow. But then, worth the waiting correct?
I pray your all enjoying you day wherever you are!
Remember to hug your kids, kiss your spouse, and call a friend.( In any order :)
Love is All that matters!

God Bless,
Sister Joanne

EZMONEY
09-26-2002, 07:07 PM
The deal is we post every time we check in right? I'm posting 'cause I checked in--- now I'm checking out--- Later Gals-- keep sweatin (off those lbs.) YOU'RE HIS!!! Gary

wilma12
09-26-2002, 11:32 PM
I'm here with a prayer request. My mom was taken to the hospital today with irregular heart beat and severe edema. I don't know yet what all that means but after more tests are done tomorrow I'll know. Please pray for her and my dad. I live 4 hours away from them and find it frustrating.

Thanks.

sami
09-27-2002, 07:24 AM
Wilma Prayer are going up for your Mother. Please keep us posted.

Zoe-I know it is hard to post when you feel down but that is what we are here for. This is not an easy road here I am after I think it has been two years still struggling I have lost and gained the same 20 lbs over and over. And the reason I don't just say forget it Is because I know I am not alone. If I give up I will only keep gaing. I know one day it will just click and I will lose this weight! I know I need to work out and walk but my body keeps fighting me on that one and one day I will win. So hang in there Zoe we are here for you and we care!

Sherri- are you out there somewhere?
ECmom- How are the kids?
Ez-We can learn so much from kids. Like your nephew no matter what your sil has done your nephew loves her and forgives all her wrongs. (just like the Lord is always forgiving us) I dated a guy (many years ago) Who grew up in the same kind of household all he ever wanted was to grow up and have a family and be a real family. His brother on the other hand grew up with no respect for anyone and ended up killing a woman and her small children and got put to death on death row. Ez by showing you nephew what a real family life is like and know the Lord you are blessing his future. I will keep him and your family in my prayers.

Gutchie-We have missed you I am praying that your horse heals fast! You can have the rain! It is really cold and damp here.

Got to go I was long winded today!
Sami

wilma12
09-27-2002, 02:16 PM
Hi! No news yet on my mom's condition. I can't get a hold of my dad. He must be at the hospital. I'm going to try again tonight. I'll keep you posted. I appreciate your prayers.

I'm staying OP today and hopefully will be too busy after work to think about eating. I have some friends coming over and I have some cleaning to do!!

Sami: How's your day going? Are you OP? We can do this!!

Gutchie: Glad to hear from you. I'm sorry about your horse. I hope the cut heals quickly. I'm glad to hear that you're doing well. Keep it up!

Hi to Gary, Zoe and all the rest of you out there!

sami
09-27-2002, 06:14 PM
Wlma I know how hard it is to wait..............I will keep you in prayers. Today so far has been pretty good. A friend met me for lunch so I was talking so much I could do a lot of eating! I should do that more often. Keep us posted on your Mom.
Sami

EZMONEY
09-27-2002, 08:05 PM
Hi Ladies-- Wilma I am praying for your mom, I hope all is well by now. Zoe- good to hear from you again, life is one constant up and down battle- hang in there! Joanne-- sorry for the news on your horse, I hope the healing is quick. Sami- keep up the good work. Gotta run my nephew over to the other Uncles for dinner-- Later you looosers, Gary.

Zoe
09-28-2002, 09:18 AM
Good Saturday Morning!

Just a quick note before heading out the door. I'm on my way to a manicure appt at 8am and then I have my weight watcher's meeting at 9:30am. I've been really good this week although I don't feel like I lost anything....(I cheated and got on my scale here which was probably a mistake)

Wilma ~ my prayers with you and your family.

Hope everyone has a wonderfully blessed Saturday morning. Talk to y'all later.

Zoe <><
Soaking up the "SON" in Texas

wilma12
09-30-2002, 10:39 AM
Good Morning! Thank you all for your prayers for my mom. I haven't been able to get a hold of my dad so I don't know how things are going there but as far as I know she's going home today. They got her heart regulated and she was feeling better on Friday already. Thanks again for your prayers. I'll let you know how she's doing as soon as I know.

I lost 1 lb. this week. I had crept up to 172 and was at 171 yesterday. It's also TOM this week so hopefully when that's over I'll lose even more. I still faithfully do my exercises and this am was going to do my 2 mile walk but the tape broke. My friend is ordering me a couple of Christian walking tapes so I'm looking forward to that. So, for now I'll do the 1 mile.

Zoe How did the weigh in go? Keep up your good work and the pounds will come off. I know how frustrating waiting can be!

Hi to everyone else. It's very quiet around here again. Please post. We really do need each other.

EZMONEY
10-01-2002, 07:40 PM
HOWDY EVERYONE-- I see we have slowed down again on the posting as usual-- too bad. I really hope you are all so busy exercising to sit down at the computer!!
WILMA- I hope all is well with your mom by now.
All is pretty good here, work is slow, so I am taking advantage of it and getting some rest- along with the odds and ends that don't ever seem to get done.
I have a board of christian life meeting at church tonight-- our main thing going now is plans for our Oktoberfest in a few weeks. There will be around 100-150 people there we hope. Bratwurst and all the rest that goes with it-- alot of fun.
Our church seems to not get together as a large body like we did 10-20 years ago-- how about yours? Our we too busy? or just not making time?
Well, I gotta get dinner warmed up-- I made spinach and lentil soup-- tastes pretty good but it lacks a little flavor-- NOW ....if the nephew likes it...
Love you Gals-- Gary

sami
10-01-2002, 09:20 PM
Good evening everyone,
My DD has been sick. It is the change of weather that makes us sick every year. I am struggling with a bad head ache. I called my Dr today because my bloodsugars are so unstable. And the nurse called me back and told me to watch my diet and cut my meds down (I had to repeat 3 times I had been off my meds) I went off because My blood sugar is to low to take meds to lower it. I got upset with the nurse because she wasn't listening to me. My sugars are low and I have had a bad headache and I also wanted to know if he wante to do more test because the specialist found something on my right kidney when I had xrays last week. All the nurse had to say was call and make an app. It was the way she talked to me that upset me. I really miss all my Christian encouragers please come back. Sherry are you out there? ECmom where are you? Please come back

Zoe
10-01-2002, 10:02 PM
Hello my freinds.....I can't believe that tomorros is Wednesday already. I feel like it was just Sunday. Nothing much new here, just a relaxing evening at home.

I had my WI on Saturday morning and lost another 1.8 lbs for a total of 11.6 in 3 weeks. I'm so excited.

Wilma
Keep us posted on your mom.

To everyone else, come chat...hope everyone is well.

In Christ,
Zoe ~ Soaking up the "SON" in Texas

lilsis
10-01-2002, 11:51 PM
Hi Everyone, I am so excited to find this thread. I thought I would introduce myself. I am 42 yrs old, live in CA, Married 22yrs to MM, no kids just 2 precious dogs. I've been a hairdresser for over 20 yrs AND I need to lose at least 30-40 lbs. I am looking forward to the support you all provide each other. It is a blessing to read all the encouraging words. I plan on checking in here often, so I will talk to you soon. Please pray that I will finally get discipined and let the Holy Spirit lead me and not my flesh.God Bless you all.:grouphug:

sami
10-02-2002, 08:23 AM
A big welcome lilsis! I am praying that the Spirit leads me unstead of the flesh I like that statment. What kind of diet are you doing? I have been having a lot of health problems and I know if I would be very strict I would feel better. But it is hard to get past the those first few weeks of withdraw so I fool myself into thinking I will have just one and the next thing I know I ate the whole thing! Wilma how is your Mom? Zoe you are doing great! Just hearing how well you are doing really encourages me! Keep up the good work. Ez how are things going? I think you are right about people not having as much time. With most families being two income families when we get home there is work that needs done so we don't have much time or we are tired.

Lifting all of you in prayer for an OP day
Sami

wilma12
10-02-2002, 11:44 AM
Good Morning! Thank you all for your prayers for my mom. She is still in the hospital and it is frustrating trying to find out what is actually wrong with her. We think she had congestive heart failure along with pneumonia but the doctors aren't confirming it. It doesn't help that my dad has a hearing problem and doesn't understand the docs. If she's still in the hospital this weekend I'll go down to see her along with my sister.

lilsis: A big welcome to you. Post often. We look forward to getting to know you! Our stats are almost the same only I have 2 boys instead of dogs. LOL

Zoe: You're doing so great with your weight loss. Keep it up! You're helping me to gain strength to do it too!

Sami: I'm so sorry that you have all these health problems. I sure hope they can get straightened out. I'm praying for you.

Gary: I'm so glad things are going well with your nephew. He deserves a family that will love and nurture him.

I better get to work. Let's look forward to a great day.

"I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength."

EZMONEY
10-02-2002, 06:50 PM
Hi Everyone--

SAMI- You are in my prayers girl!! I know it is hard doing what is right , even though you know it will make you feel better, we continue to punish ourselves (pretending we are rewarding ourselves-- I did that for so many years smoking! ouch:mad: ) I am asking God to give you the strength to do what you can for yourself:)
Hi ZOE - where have you been? It is good to hear from you again. WILMA- I still have your mom in my prayers, it must be nerve racking not to be able to find out what is going on.
Welcome LILSIS- glad to have you aboard.
Well the nephew got in a fight at school? o.k. not really a fight but he through a kick because a nother kid got in his face-- he was reported and has a meeting with the principal this afternoon, this is his first offense, and maybe self-defense, I am sure there will be more. Oh well-- this will be my time to practice patience!! with him.
Well gotta get dinner going-- chili over spaghetti. Gary

lilsis
10-02-2002, 10:08 PM
Hi Sami, Wilma & Gary,
Thanks for the welcome.
Sami-- I am just trying to eat healthy. I studied and encouraged women at a fitness center I worked at for awhile, so I am trying to remember what I learned there. I would like to cut back on starchy carbs for awhile just to get the cravings out of my system. It is hard though. I always seem to find an excuse to blow it and then I am so upset with myself. Like tonight I am just really disgusted with myself. And last week I bought a pair of jeans in a size I said I would never buy. My plan was to really stick to my exercises this week, but I pinched a nerve in my neck and back and that blew that plan. I am trying to stay in the right attitude, but it's hard sometimes.
Wilma-- I will pray for your mother. My mom went through a hard time a few years ago and it was scary so I can relate. Remember God is in control!
Gary-- sounds like you have your hands full. I will hold you and your family up in prayer too.
God bless all!

wilma12
10-03-2002, 11:11 AM
Well, my mom finally went home yesterday. I think this whole thing has really drained her but I'm so glad that she's home. I just hope that she's learned something from this. She cooks with so much fat and cream and is very overweight. I hope she really tries to correct her heart problem. My dad had the same thing happen to him a few years ago and so they should both be eating the same way. Thanks for your prayers.

I had a good WOE yesterday. I almost have the after work thing licked. I either have a small bowl of soup or a dish of yogurt and that tides me over until supper. It keeps me from snacking while I'm cooking also. i was kind of upset this am when my VCR wouldn't play my walking tape. I have to try to get that fixed. I am missing the walking in the am.

lilsis: I hear you on the carb cravings although for me it's sugar. I have to competely take myself off it or I crave it especially during PMS. It sounds like you're on the right track!

Gary: Sorry to hear about your nephew getting into a fight. But... he is a boy! Is he short tempered by nature or was he provoked?

Hi to Sami, Zoe, Gutchie and all you lurkers out there. Please join us!

EZMONEY
10-03-2002, 12:25 PM
Hi All-
I am home this a.m. for a few hours. My daughter has her first tennis tournament with her new college today so I am going down to watch her. It is parents week-end too at her school so my wife and ex-wife will be going down this evening to have dinner with her and her roomates and their parents at a Mexican restaurant near the campus. Should be fun, I could eat mexican food every day:cp: as long as it is not too:flame: Anyway, there is going to be about 30 of us (she has 7 roomies) so I can't eat too much-RIGHT?
My wife just called from school on her break-- guess the fight with the nephew wasn't a big deal- just horsing around, thankfully. He is in trouble though with a few teachers for messing around and also his cross-country coach. Looks like I will have to take him out of there because he is really upsetting the rest of the group. WILMA , although he has violent tendencies - as I have said his mom is a fruit loop- mostly he is just a big GOOFBALL! looking for attention.
I think things are getting better with him though, I just think the teachers gave him a big break because of his situation for a few weeks and now it is time to punish for the misbehavior.
I made the spaghetti and chili I promised the family last night-- WELL o.k. they didn't really want it-- they get tired of all the ways I make chili!! I liked it;)
Well gonna do some chores before I go-- You ladies have a great day and WORK IT!! okie-dokie:) Later- YOU ARE HIS- Gary

Zoe
10-03-2002, 07:29 PM
Hello my friends ~

Just thought I'd stop in for a moment while waiting for the water to boil for pasta. I can't beleive that it's already going to be Friday tomorrow! This week really FLEW by!!

lilsis ~ Welcome to our little group! I need to lose about 50 lbs and now, after 3 weeks, have lost 11.6 lbs....on my way as will you be with a strong spirit. Please post again.

Gary ~ :lol: :lol: I know that when I'm in a crowd, I will NEVER eat too much!! Have fun.

Wilma ~ praise God that your mom is now home. Still have her in my prayers.

Sami ~ I'm praying that God will heal you and make your healthy.

Hope everyone else is doing well. Gotta run and get the pasta in the pot.

Zoe ~ Soaking up the "SON" in Texas

sami
10-04-2002, 08:15 AM
Good Morning all Christian Encouragers! I am so glad it is fri! Next week is a crazy work week we are hiring a lot of people to get ready for Christmas season (yes Christmas) So from now until Thanksgiving I will have very busy work weeks hiring and training all the new people.

Wilma-Keep us posted on your Mom.

EZ-I got good news from my DD's teachers last night at parents night. She has a bad habit of not doing homework.

lisis-I think you are on the right track. I know how you feel about having to buy that size you said you would never let yourself get to. I keep kicking my self in the butt for allowing it to get so big!

Zoe-Are you following the WW? You are doing so well. Thank you showing me it can happen!

Lifting you in prayer for an OP day!
Sami