100 lb. Club - Accountability, menu, exercise, plans etc ...for the week of May 17....

Beverlyjoy
05-17-2010, 06:37 AM
If you'd like a place to be accountable, write down your plans for food, exericse, water goals or behaviors, or just a chat - please feel free to join in.

mj5
05-17-2010, 06:51 AM
Good Morning!! I have decided to take a "mental health" day and stay home from work today! Partly because we had a sick beagle yesterday and every time she woke up last night, I woke up to make sure she was ok....she seems fine, now, but I will feel better if I stay home w/ her today....rather than worry about her all day while I am at work!

So, naps and cheesy movies w/ the beagles for me today!!!

Beverlyjoy
05-17-2010, 07:34 AM
Yesterday was a healthy day - I am so grateful to have had eleven healthy days in a row now. I have learned to never take food sanity for granted, ever.

Today am doing some chores and more contacting of summer job places.

I need to get a key made for my car - I've looked everywhere for several weeks and can't find it. The key is $45 .... yikes.

working on-

eat seated only
no seconds
fork down between bites
plan, log, write down, measure
feel fullness
TASTE the food
slow mindful eating
exerciise
lots of water
count my calories
leave a bite of food

MJ - enjoy your day home...hope the doggie is better soon.

mingle
05-17-2010, 08:55 AM
good morning, ladies! :)

Yesterday was a good day, thankfully. The scale is reflecting my overindulgence on Saturday, & I am trying not to let that get me down. There must be some other water retention going on (my muscles are very sore, its TOM, etc) because even though I know I ate extra calories, I know I didn't eat enough Saturday to be up over 2 lbs! I don't think I'm even going to step foot on the scale for a month. I don't want the scale to discourage my efforts. And even if the weights not coming off as quickly as I want, my efforts are worthwhile & I don't want my unrealistic scale expectations to derail me.

I woke up early this morning & did 40 minutes on the elliptical for 3.2 miles. A good way to start the day :)

Breakfast
oatmeal
banana

Lunch
Healthy Choice dinner
steamed cauliflower & broccoli
apple
yogurt

Snack
yogurt
pear

Supper
"healthified" cheese & noodles with vegetables
salad

Snack
cheese stick
100 calorie bagel & 1 T. peanut butter

Have a healthy day, all! :)

lottie63
05-17-2010, 10:15 AM
morning ladies! I havent' been watching as closely as I could cuz I have been SO busy but, I've managed to keep checking in here when I had the time, and I've lost 7 lbs! woot!

breakfast: 2 eggs, 2 slice wheat toast
lunch: spaghetti
snack: yogurt
dinner: probably mozzerella sticks *augh* but I'll be out and that's all I can really eat where I'm going.

Sandi
05-17-2010, 10:58 AM
Good Morning!! Mind if I join you?

I have been at this for a VERY long time (WAY too long) and have just recently found that if I weigh, measure and write it down no matter what I can keep myself from going off plan completely. I lost 10 lbs my first month, but only .2 my 2nd. The last 2 weekends I have slacked on the weekends and undone all my progress from during the week.

So today is the start of Month 3 (and week 9) and I really want to hold myself accountable. So I saw this thread this morning and thought it would be the perfect place to do that!! I am not worrying about my lack of progress last month just focusing on making Month 3 awesome!!

Breakfast:
Green Tea
Slice of bread with 1 Tbsp peanut Butter

Snack: Banana

Lunch:
Whole grain bread
Tuna salad made with: 1/2 can tuna, 1 egg, 1 1/2 tbsp light mayo, tons of fresh spinach

Snack: Apple

Dinner: Not sure yet. Chicken something....

I plan to take a walk if the weather permits!

ANewCreation
05-17-2010, 11:10 AM
Good morning friends!

mj5--hope the puppy is feeling well soon.

Beverlyjoy--Ow! $45 is alot for a key but gotta have it, right?

mingle--Wow! great workout first thing in the a.m.--good job!

lottie63--Congrats on the 7# loss--awesome!

Sandi--great to have you join us!

My weekend was good. Want to share one more NSV. While the hubby and I were out running around I got VERY cold. Since I didn't bring my jacket my sweet man graciously offered me his coat he keeps in the truck. Now, my husband smaller than I am and in the past I would not have been able to put his size large coat on. Just not possible when you wear a 2x (20w-22w). But, I thought, I'll give it a try. I might not be able to zip it up but I bet I can at least get my arms in it and that would be better than nothing. Well, guess what friends? It not only fit but I could zip it up and it was roomy.

WOW. If that isn't motivation to keep up the good work I don't know what is..... ;)

BTW, 45 minutes of water aerobics this morning. Tomorrow, lap swimming to practice what I'm learning in group swim lessons. Loving it!

rakel
05-17-2010, 01:58 PM
Happy Monday chicks!

Well, after another week with no movement and still up in the 308-309s, I have had a hard talk with myself about giving this my 100%. It's obvious I am not doing this with my all, and I will not see results until I do. After eating junk food after 10pm on Saturday night with the niece and nephew, I felt miserable. I ate popcorn, peanut butter filled pretzels, raw veggies and ranch dressing, and a bowl of ice cream. Not the worst, but it was too much and I went over my calories and woke up the next day with a heavy stomach. The worst aspect of everything was just knowing that I could have stuck with the veggies and maybe had a loss instead of no progress.

Sunday I ate light and came in a hundred calories under + did 1hr workout, the scale went from 209 to 308.4 as a result I'm sure. So far today, good.

B: greek yogurt with honey, 1 medium banana (approx 300)
L: 1/2 roasted chicken sub on multigrain with bacon, oil & vinegar, tomatos and onions with mutligrain tortilla chips, salsa, carrots (plain, no dressing) (approx 600)
S: a small bagel with whipped cream cheese (approx 130)
D: cheese ravioli in marinera sauce, large salad (approx 600)
S: something around 300-400

I went to Publix for lunch, and tried to pick out things that were low in fat, sugar and sodium, but high in fiber and protien. I know that if I want to have lasting results I need to pick "power" foods that will help me stay full longer, and help me to be the healthiest I can be. I am really going to try hard to stay under!!

TXMary2
05-17-2010, 02:34 PM
Yesterday was good day...calories were 1606 and I walked around the block with my little guy. Also, I have been doing weight lifting repetitions with some small dumbells the last few days. Today so far:

Breakfast:
Whole Wheat Bagel Thin w/ 2 tblspns ff cream cheese
1/2 cup lowfat cottage cheese
Cofee w/ 2 tablspns creamer

Lunch:
5 oz. Tilapia with garlic
1/2 cup white long grain rice

Plus I have already walked around the block once.

HokieLoki
05-17-2010, 02:35 PM
Hey everybody! last week I DID meet 30 pounds lost, and one more!

yesterday I had my first real slip-up in the 12 weeks I have been doing this. I am very disappointed in myself, and I have no idea what I was thinking... it was a weird day schedule-wise and some delicious stinky cheeses, strawberries w/ nutella and strawberry cider from the farmer's market tempted me just more than I could take.

But today is a new day and I wont' let it bother me as soon as I am done writing it down here. I'm going to go an extra 15 minutes on the elliptical this afternoon to help, too.

mj5- I hope your beagles feel better! poor babies.

beverly- that sucks!! at least it wasn't $300 like my last car's new key.

mingle- way to go on the elliptical! my faaav machine.

anewcreation- awesome jacket story, I love it.

Slashnl
05-17-2010, 03:36 PM
Hi everyone. Good weekend here for me. I didn’t work out this morning and I’m really missing it, but I had to come in to work early and try to get stuff done. I’m taking off on Friday, and I need to get some stuff out of the way. You know how it is.

Anyway, the weekend was good. My son turned 14 and I did have a piece of his birthday cake. But, everything else was on plan and accounted for. Overall, not too bad! I went down by .8 pound, but as long as it is going down, I’m not going to be too upset!

MJ: Good for you for taking some time off for you. That’s needed sometimes!

Beverly: Eleven days is great! You should be proud!

Mingle: I think that’s a good attitude to not let the scale get you down. I struggle with that!

Lottie: 7 pounds is really good! Good for you!

Sandi: Yay! Glad to see you here!

AnewCreation: That’s a great NSV! I have been in the same boat, with my husband being smaller than me. I’m not there yet, but working on it.

Rakel: You did a good job at getting back on track on Sunday. That’s a good accomplishment!

TXMary: Keep going! You’re doing great.

HokieLoki: 30+ pounds gone. That’s great!

rakel
05-17-2010, 11:44 PM
Diane: thanks for the encouragement!

HokiLoki: Fantastic accomplishment! Congrats :)

ANewCreation: Yay! I bet that was awesome. I have yet to experience that, but I know it will be a nice moment!

Today, my husband and I had a talk about food. It's really been an accumulation over the past few months learning about processed food, grain fed beef, etc. We have decided to take the plunge and eliminate as much as possible processed food, food with corn syrup, food with high sugar content, GMOs, carbs, trans fat, as well as corn and soybean products. Somethings this involves purchasing more expensive organic brands, or making some things ourselves homemade. We'll start with that, and then may continue on with organic meat and vegetables, but our main goal is just to get used to a new way of preparing meals that doesn't always involve grains.

I know it's probably taken me longer than it should have to come to this point, but it has helped to learn more about what is in these foods and WHY I shouldn't eat them. It's much easier to just set it aside and forget about it when you think about how your body is using it or not.

We went to the grocery store today and bought a lot of healthy things, quinoa (in place of rice), veggies, flax seed, plain yogurt, cottage cheese, etc. Good food, but full of protein, natural vitamins & minerals. I really need to give this my 100%, scratch that, my 110%!

Thanks for all of your support :)

Beverlyjoy
05-18-2010, 06:03 AM
Hi chicks....I had a good healthy day yesterday - am grateful for that. :) I got in all my water along with exercises (stretching and strengthening) and a healthy food day. DH brought himself home some dark choc. m&m's. I did have some - swapped it out for my evening fruit! I still stayed in my calories range.

Today I need to take my mom for a doctor's test at the ENT. If she is up to it, we will go to lunch afterwards.

still working on many things:
working on-

eat seated only
no seconds
fork down between bites
plan, log, write down, measure
feel fullness
TASTE the food
slow mindful eating
exerciise
lots of water
count my calories
leave a bite of food

mj - hope you dog is better and you are rested up. :)

rakel - the talk with dh sounds wonderful and good decison - it good that you made it together and are both 'on board.' :D

slash - glad you had a good weekend. Down .8 pound - that's three sticks of butter, ya know!! :carrot: Happy bday to your son.

newcreation - that is such an awesome nsv!!!!! :D I loved that you shared it. Yes - that will give you a push to keep going. excellent.

hokieloki - you've had a wonderful 12 weeks op and a good loss. :D:D Sorry those 'goodies' jumped out and grabbed ya. Hop right back on your plan and you'll be OK. It can happen to anyone. 300 dollars for a key...yikes! :dizzy:

marytx - kudo's for healthy eating and exercise too. :) Carry on.

sandi- WELCOME!! Glad you posted. Good job on writing it all down. The 'experts' say it's one of the most important things a person can do for long term success in this!

lottie - so glad you checked in...Hi!! Hoooray for that wonderful weight loss. :carrot:

mingle - yes, don't let that number on the scale mess with your head. :dizzy: Of course, one little indulgence won't cause a two pound loss. Go right back doing what you know works!

mingle
05-18-2010, 08:42 AM
Good morning, ladies! :)

Yesterday was a good day, plan wise. My head still hasn't been in quite the right place, but I'm working on that, too :)

rakel - i think it's great you & your dh had that discussion. And wonderful that you're both on board! :)

lottie - great job on the 7 pound loss!!!

Sandi - hi! :D

ANewCreation - congrats on your NSV!!

TXMary - great job on the calories & walks!!

Hokie - great job on the 30+ pound loss!!! Woot!

slashnl - Great work on the loss & on staying under control during a birthday weekend!

Beverlyjoy - good job yesterday!!

As for me, today I got up & did a Slim in 6 circuit training dvd for 40 minutes. And I'm determined to have a healthy food day, too!

Breakfast
oatmeal
banana

Lunch
Healthy Choice dinner
steamed broccoli & cauliflower
apple
yogurt

Snack
yogurt
pear

Supper
chicken bruschetta bake
steamed veggies

Snack
light cheese stick
1 slice light bread & 1 T. natural peanut butter

Have a wonderfully healthy day, all! :)

GirlyGirlSebas
05-18-2010, 08:59 AM
Hi Friends! Sandi, it's lovely to have you posting with us.:)

I've decided that it's much easier to stay on-plan when I don't have to cook for the family! My husband has always been the cook, but he's gone back to school in the evenings and on the weekends. So, Mama has to cook. I despise cooking! And, I'm left with most of the care of the kids and the house, too, after my 8 hour work day. This has never been the way we do things in our home. How do women do this all of the time? I'm exhausted! Well, enough whining. I need to do what I need to do.

Calorie counting is off-again, on-again...depending on the day. I'm still trying to eat healthy. Exercise? Well......let's just say that I really need to work on that.

Have a great on-plan day.

Schmoodle
05-18-2010, 11:35 AM
Hi chicks, yesterday was an on-the-road day. Today working at home, much better! Rainy and cold here, ick. At least the weekend was beautiful, and I made my first trip of the season to the farmer's market.

B: oatmeal, tea
L: big salad
S: tea, nuts
D: Shrimp fried "rice"

ANewCreation
05-18-2010, 11:57 AM
Friends, I'm going to be MIA for the next week or so. Going to visit family and I'm just not sure how much computer access I'm going to have.

My plan:

Lap swimming every day, early in the a.m. (deliberately chose a hotel with an indoor pool). They also have a workout room and I may try to squeeze in some treadmill time.

Focus on portion control and making the bulk of my meals a healthy amount of protein and veggies. There will be a good number of meals out but some cooking at my parents house too. The good news is that most of my family has some kind of health issue so we're all trying to eat better! My family is a rare jewel--no condemnation, just total support and love.

However, having said that, I am paranoid about so much eating out and I am going to take some ALi pills with me. This is hard for me to confess and I do feel a little guilty about using them. But we all know that sometimes you order something that you think is okay but it's loaded with fat. I'm just not willing to lose any ground on this trip so if I have to take an Ali pill on occasion I'm going to do it.

So, that's my plan. Have a great week and I hope to see you soon!

mj5
05-18-2010, 01:57 PM
Hi everyone! Casey is back to her hyper and very lovable self...I have NO idea what was wrong, poor sweetie!

Now I am playing catch up....oh well, that's ok, it was worth it to stay home w/ her yesterday!!!!

TXMary2
05-18-2010, 02:11 PM
Hi Everyone! I have been on the higher end of calorie range for a week now, but I have added in minor exercise. Yesterday I was at 1850ish calories, but I walked the block once and mowed the front yard which had me huffing and puffing and sweating a storm. Today so far I walked the block once and did some sit ups/crunches....... and have had:

B: 3 egss and 2 slices whole grain toast with a pat of butter
S: 1 cup pineapple

I am about to have lunch - talapia.

Trazey34
05-18-2010, 08:05 PM
horrible frustrating day, found myself in wal-mart and all i wanted was a greasy mcdonalds cheeseburger lol but of course i bought a giant bag of salad and cooked herb&spice whole chicken - it smells frackin' awesome. Gonna have the BIG SALAD with chopped chicken and a ginger snap for a treat when I watch LOST tonight!

Beverlyjoy
05-19-2010, 05:47 AM
Hi chicks....yesterday was a healthy day - I am always grateful for that. The scale went down two pounds from last week when I weighed. :):) YAY.

As always I am still working alot on my behaviors around food -

eat while seated only
fork down between bites
no second helpings
slow mindful eating
taste the food
leave a small bite of food on plate
plan, log, measure my food
count calories
remind myself that food is not an emergency or take away stress or physical pain

I drank alot of water yesterday - but, didn't get any exericse or extra movement in. I will get that in today!

Have a good day everyone! Be kind to yourself.

rakel
05-19-2010, 08:45 AM
Happy to report that after no movement whatsoever on the scales, the scale read 308 last night, which means I knew I was probably going to have a loss in the morning, and sure enough. 306 on the dot. See what a little willpower can do? Whoo!

Here was my day (so I can remember to put it into livestrong today):
B: 2 soft boiled eggs & yogurt with honey and some pecans
S: luna bar
L: chicken & vegetable stir fry, small portion of rice, summer roll, spring roll
D: vegetable pasta, organic pasta sauce, baked eggplant parm

I was satisfied without that full feeling. I tried to stay away from carbs and high sugar things. The eggs in the morning are great (tasty and filling), but I think I might switch to just having 1 if I plan on making it a daily occurance.

mj5
05-19-2010, 09:55 AM
Good Morning everyone! I am still super bloated, so staying away from the scale...I need to increase my water, I've been slacking w/ that. No gym time tonight....I have a hair appt right after work and then errands. If it isn't raining I'd like to take the dogs for a walk, though.

Have a great OP day!

mingle
05-19-2010, 12:26 PM
Good morning, ladies! :D

ANewCreation - have a fun trip visiting family! And good for you for making a game plan before you go :)

mj5 - glad the pup's feeling better!

TXMary - great work on adding activity to your days!

Trazey - way to go on resisting McDonald's! Wasn't LOST fabulous!!!

Beverlyjoy - Nice work on the 2 pound loss! Woot!

rakel - excellent job on your weight loss!!

As for me, today marks the 21st day in a row that I have exercised. I got up this morning & did 60 minutes on the elliptical for 4.8 miles. It feels great! In that time, I've had two "off" days foodwise, but over all, I've lost 10 pounds during the time & my activity level is already a lot higher. Yay!

Breakfast
oatmeal
banana

Lunch
Healthy Choice dinner
yogurt
apple

Snack
yogurt

Supper
light noodles & beef
steamed mixed veggies

Snack
1 light whole wheat bagel
1 T. natural peanut butter
light cheese stick

Beverlyjoy
05-20-2010, 06:51 AM
Hi chicks...yesterday was healthy & I stayed in my calorie range - this is always great for me because it was my weigh day yesterday. I am grateful.

Meetings and appointments today.

eat while seated only
fork down between bites, no second helpings
slow mindful eating, taste the food
leave a small bite of food on plate
plan, log, measure my food
count calories
remind myself that food is not an emergency or take away stress or physical pain
lots of water
stretches and strengthening (done already!)

mingle - 23 days of exercise and down ten pounds...you are rockin' it. Keep up the good work.

mj - glad the dog is better! Hope you like your hairdo

rakel - great to hear about the two pounds.

trazey - good job walking away from McDonalds and planning for a healthy dinner!

mary - glad you've been able to add movement and sweat into your day!

schmoodle - the farmer's market - what fun

shout out to everyone! have a great day.

mingle
05-20-2010, 08:32 AM
Good morning, all! :)

Beverlyjoy - congrats on having a healthy day yesterday & already getting your exercise in this morning!

Got a good start to the day - 27 minutes on the elliptical doing HIIT & a 20 strength & cardio DVD. Now to have a healthy day food wise. :)

Breakfast
oatmeal
banana

Lunch
Healthy Choice dinner
apple
yogurt

Snack
yogurt
small orange

Supper
leftovers of some sort

Snack
1 light whole wheat bagel
1 T. natural peanut butter
cheese stick

Hope you all have a great day!! :)

rakel
05-20-2010, 12:53 PM
Update: scale read 305.6 this morning (!!!). However, not so good with my exercise and calorie tracking as of late, so I need to plug what I can remember into Daily Plate and do some exercise! I think the quick reduction in weight is directly related to the significant decrease in carbs & sugar, and increase in protein and veggies.

mj5
05-20-2010, 06:16 PM
Hi everyone! Sorry I haven't been around much...work has been super hectic. I have tomorrow off, though. And I am SO glad!!!! No plans, really, just a break...sleeping in, working out, getting caught up here! I need to get back on track because I have not been...ugh, I WILL do it though!

rakel
05-20-2010, 07:04 PM
mj-- I'm jealous! Have a nice day off :)

SnowboundChick
05-20-2010, 08:36 PM
Feel like I"m finally getting to it again. Though I haven't weighed myself in sometime.

Today I ate
latte
bacon/egg sandwich with cheese
turkey/montery sandwich
1 pepsi
will have fish and salad for dinner.

I did the BL Weightloss Yoga and aquafit at lunchtime.

So far feels like a good day.

Beverlyjoy
05-21-2010, 08:13 AM
Hi chicks....I made it through the day staying in my calorie range - it was a bit of a struggle, but I pushed through. I am grateful.

Tomorrow is the plant swap - I need to get ready for that. Much to do. It's suppose to rain - I hope that folks still attend.

DH wasn't hope for dinner last night. So I turned off the TV and was mindful about every bite of food. It really tasted good and dinner lasted over 20 minutes. I wish I was willing to do that for every meal....I am working on it.

still working on:

eat slowly, mindfully
turn off the tv when I eat
fork down between bites
eat seated only
no seconds
plan, log, measure, count calories - foods
lots of water
stretches and strengthening
remember why
compliment myself when I do positive things around food
leave a tiny bit of food on my plate
taste the food

I hope you all have a great TGIF!!!!!

mingle
05-21-2010, 08:44 AM
rakel - good job on the loss! Sounds like the food changes are making a difference!

mj - enjoy your day off!!

Snowboundchick - good job on the exercise!

beverlyjoy - Congrats on having a good day yesterday & having an enjoyable supper last night!

As for me, yesterday was a good day. I got up this morning & did a walking & sculpting workout dvd for 50 minutes. A start to a good day! I'm sooo glad it is Friday! Going to go to a AAA baseball game tonight - need to make sure I plan in place so I can stay away from the stadium food! Have a wonderful, happy, healthy Friday, all!

lottie63
05-21-2010, 09:38 AM
b: 2 eggs 2 slices wheat toast
l: garlic/zucchini wheat pasta
d: dunno yet
snack: yogurt

mj5
05-22-2010, 09:34 AM
Good Morning everyone! It's prom day here...well, for my oldest niece anyway!!!! She has been texting me since 6:20am she is SO excited! I am helping her get ready and doing her makeup up. Her BFF is having a pre-prom party and I have been invited to that, too. I already know the menu and have planned for that. I will allow myself one choc covered strawberry...they are my fave!

Have a great OP day everyone!

rakel
05-22-2010, 01:43 PM
mj: Aw prom :) I hope your niece has fun!

mingle: I think the food choices are making a difference, absolutely. We aren't technically doing Atkins, but just low-carb. Fat and saturated fat (in moderation) including animal fats are allowed as long as it's not trans fat or unnatural/synthetic fats. I.e. crisco = no, butter = yes.

Anyhoo, yesterday was a weird day. In the morning I made scrambled eggs with cheese, a cup of mixed veggies and 2 eggs, and had a luna bar and was full until around 3:30pm. I didn't intentionally skip lunch, but I had a meeting at 2pm, to which I had to leave the office around 1:15pm to make it on time. So when 12:30pm rolled around, that was my chance to get something until after the meeting was over, but I just wasn't hungry, so I didn't eat anything. Conversely, I did end up eating a little later than I should (around 9:30-10:00).

However, I do have a little confession. I got into the chocolates at work AND, DH's mom brought home some kit-kats and york's. I ate about 2.5-3 servings of candy! I'm not going to lie, it was absolutely delicious, and I haven't been eating any candy lately... but it was a little scary as I felt like I was losing control. It doesn't help that kit-kats are one of those candies that I could seriously eat the whole bag of fun-size bars and still not be enough... so I'm going to have to have his mom hide them from me or something.

Despite that mini-binge... my weight is still going down, likely because of the way the day happened, I just didn't eat that much even including the candy. I was at 304.2 this morning, and after I spent a couple hours vacuuming and washing the cars in the hot Florida sun, sweat dripping down onto the pavement, I was 303.6. I literally lost a pound of sweat I guess! But I won't be keeping that as my official weight unless that's what it says tomorrow morning! ;)

mingle
05-22-2010, 03:11 PM
Good afternoon, ladies! :)

Ready for another busy weekend. I got the kids' pool set up this morning pretty much all by myself (had to call my husband a couple of times for help & my dad once :)), but it is up & warming up as we speak :D It's suppose to be really hot for the next week, so hopefully it will be warm enough for a quick dip sometime this week.

I *barely* held on to my food last night. I wanted to eat, eat, eat so much. But then I decided I would rather be able to come here today knowing that I did well than have to report a "failure." :)

I've got to still get in exercise today. But I'm not feeling very motivated. BUT, if I do it today, it will be the 24th day in a row, so I'm not quitting now! Will probably head down to the basement here shortly & do a workout DVD. No, not "probably"... I WILL!

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

Breakfast
1/2 C. egg whites
2 slices 2% American cheese
2 oz. diced ham
2 slices 45 calorie bread
1/2 T. light margarine

Lunch
Large salad
2 T. light ranch dressing
2 oz. lean deli meat

Supper
Not sure yet... will update later

mj5
05-23-2010, 09:03 AM
Good Morning!!!! Yesterday was fantastic! I did wonderful w/ food choices (even decided not to have a choc covered strawberry...didn't want one, so I didn't have one!). Not good w/ exercise, but I'll get there.

Helping my niece get ready for prom was fantastic! She looked gorgeous, of course. She texted me at 5:30 this am and was just getting home from after-prom. She had an awesome time. I am so glad. She has had a rough year and things have just recently been turing around for her. We were all hoping that prom would go awesome for her. My middle niece came home w/ me (so she would have something special to do). We baked cookies and I sent them home w/ her and watched Glee--her favorite show.

Today is just hanging out w/ hubby and the dogs--probably watching a movie or two. He is going to roast us a turkey...YUM!!!

Have a great OP day everyone!!!

Schmoodle
05-23-2010, 09:48 AM
Hello ladies! I have been doing pretty well, not completely strict but I lost a couple more pounds and I'm starting to feel some energy coming back, so I've been getting out to walk. This week I'll work on getting more serious about exercise. Today is my 25th anniversary, but DH is in Guam. When he gets home we're going to celebrate with a weekend getaway, so I've got to start planning that.

I'm headed for Charleston SC for business this week, so it will be challenging food wise. I'm not leaving until Tuesday, so I'll pop back in before. Behave, y'all!

mingle
05-23-2010, 11:16 AM
Grrrr. I'm in a BAD mood. Our stupid A/C went out. It's suppose to be mid-90's today with HIGH humidity. So frustrated!

But, I know I just need to stay calm, stay on plan, & get my exercise in. I ate a healthy breakfast, I'm going to clean house for a bit & then get my exercise in (before the house gets too hot).

Hope you all have a good day!