Old 05-16-2010, 09:45 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 340/323/165

Height: 5'11

Default Not a good day.

Today I woke up feeling so depressed. I'm not sure why. I went to an awesome concert last night with my boyfriend, brother, and friend Tim, and I had a wonderful time. Then today I woke up and wanted to cry, and felt lower than I normally feel. Tonight, I tried to aid that feeling with some chocolate peanut butter ice cream, and then, my dad brought us all slurpees as a a surprise. I had both. I feel like I've failed. My friend Kimmy says not to be so hard on myself, but how can I not when I look like this?

Sorry for this downer post. I needed to write it somewhere.
lostinstaticx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 09:48 PM   #2  
bex

S/C/G: 260.5/207/150

HUGS!!!!
You haven't failed. You just had a slip up!
Let yourself have a cry and maybe go for a walk or something? Bit of fresh air is always good. (Sorry if its like the early hours of the morning where you are, I get confused :P)

PS I am not sure if its you or me that owes an email. Its been ages!! Miss you. Gimme an email if you feel like it xx
bex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 09:56 PM   #3  
Sammi

S/C/G: 243.5/201.5/149

Height: 5'5''

You haven't failed! Tomorrow is another day, this is not the end. Chin up!
aliquot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 10:13 PM   #4  
Starting over =]

S/C/G: 225/185/150

Height: 5 ft 4 in

you know what I say when I feel guilty about indulging? I just remind myself that just because i'm on a diet, does not mean that I am never ever going to eat sweets again (or chips, or fried foods, lol) it just means that i will have it less often, but the times when i do have it, i'm just gonna enjoy it, and then move on. you can't dwell on one piece of cake, or ice cream or slurpee. just wake up the next day realizing that one piece of "bad" food has not ruined the entire time and effort that you have put into this
happyveggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 11:51 PM   #5  
Carol

S/C/G: 172/159/140

Height: 5'6"

I agree that you should move on from an occasional slip, but you might want to dig a little deeper about why you were depressed after a fun night out.
Handling our emotions without eating them is a big part of losing weight. I know that some people are not introspective, but for me, it's important to understand my eating triggers so that maybe the next time I can avoid the binge.

Last edited by Cglasscock1; 05-16-2010 at 11:52 PM.
Cglasscock1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 03:51 PM   #6  

Height: 5'6

I agree with everyone else - you've not had a failure, you've had a setback. You only fail when you give up. You lost 15 pounds so far and are on your way to losing more. You are not a failure.

I'm one of those people that gets in moods sometimes for no reason at all, so I can understand why you might be randomly depressed. Journaling helps a lot since it brings things to light that might have remained buried. Distractions help too, especially funny movies or TV shows. I can always count on 30 Rock to cheer me up when I'm down.

(By the way, I can completely understand why you didn't turn down the slurpee. As a college student I still have a hard time saying no to free food, even when it's food I know I shouldn't be eating.)
Button is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 05:22 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 340/323/165

Height: 5'11

Thank you, everybody. I appreciate all of your support. I woke up this morning feeling down, but not as down. I went to the last class of this semester, came home and I feel really tired and rundown, but not as depressed. I'm doing good with my eating today. I won't be doing my 30DS, because my back is killing me, and I won't have the alone time today. I'll get back on that ASAP.

Button- I really like the idea of Journaling. I think I may try that. It seems like it'd help to write everything down.
lostinstaticx is offline   Reply With Quote