Food Talk And Fabulous Finds - Help with Apples!!

View Full Version : Help with Apples!!

Phantom Goddess
05-16-2010, 07:49 PM
I have a bunch of Granny Smith apples that I need to use up soon before they get bad. Does anyone have any good recipes for them? Something easy and healthy? Breakfast, Dessert, Lunch or Dinner, I'm not picky!!

happyveggie
05-16-2010, 08:51 PM
you can try grilling them or baking them with some cinnamon, you won't add any extra calories that way :) just make sure to core them and slice them in half at least so they cook thoroughly

Vladadog
05-16-2010, 09:06 PM
I love them sliced up fine on sandwiches. One of my faves is a wedge of laughing cow cheese, a slice of Canadian bacon, and sliced apples on a whole grain english muffin. It's not a very big breakfast or lunch but it's one that sticks with you for a long time.
185 calories, 32 carbs (4 fiber) 3 fat, 9 protein

(I use Canadian bacon for this because it cooks up in about a minute on the George Forman and it is round so it fits perfectly on the English muffin. It is also leaner than regular bacon.)

JennyG
05-16-2010, 09:12 PM
google hungry girl apple recipes and you'll get tonnes! Plus her recipes are fabulous, I make a green apple cobbler all the time and one large serving is only about 140 calories ;)