100 lb. Club - Sensitive Matter....

View Full Version : Sensitive Matter....

Jenniffer
09-18-2002, 09:29 AM
Dropping by to let you know, I have not forgotten about you all nor have I fell off the face of earth.

I am going through a very very difficult time right now, and I cannot seem to concentrate on anything, including any weightloss efforts.
I was sexually assaulted, and while the man is in jail and being charged, I do not feel safe. My life has changed again, and am trying very hard to get through this. I begin therapy tonight, and I am hoping it will begin to help me.

Please pray for me to find the strength and courage to face this.

*HUGS*

I miss you all...

snowball1
09-18-2002, 10:25 AM
Oh, Jennifer!!! :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: I have no idea what to say other than I'm here for you if you need anything & I will be saying extra prayers for you. I hope the therapy goes well for you. Again, {{hugs}} & you're in my prayers...

BA99TJ
09-18-2002, 10:33 AM
Jennifer - you are in my thoughts and my prayers. I have a friend who had the same thing happen - If you need anything, just holler!! *hugs!*

Jinkies
09-18-2002, 10:36 AM
Oh, Jennifer I am so sorry! Please, please know that people here are praying for you and thinking about you. I can't begin to imagine what you're going through.

I don't know why something this horrible has happened but know that you have lots of support here.

I'm glad the disgusting excuse for a human is in jail where he can't harm you or anyone else.

Good luck with counseling--I hope you have a good, compassionate therapist who listens and cares. Do you have someone who can take you to and from the sessions? Lean on us in the forum for strength and courage. Cry when you need to, get angry when you need to. Lean on friends and family who are loving and supportive. You don't have to go through this alone. We're here with cyberhugs and lots of love.

--Amy

Dyanm1
09-18-2002, 11:36 AM
:grouphug: :grouphug: Oh sweetie :grouphug: :grouphug: ,

Please know that you will be in my thoughts and prayers. We are here if you need to let it out. Scream, cry, need a hug, etc....

Sandi
09-18-2002, 12:38 PM
My dear friend...what can I say.

:grouphug: {{{{{{{{{{BIG HUGS}}}}}}}}}} :grouphug:

I am so sorry that this has happened to you. Please know that I am here fo you.

Charbar
09-18-2002, 01:01 PM
Jennifer... I am so sorry. I know that you are a strong person. I hope you get the help that you deserve.

Keep well..

Dana

SuchAPrettyFace
09-18-2002, 01:34 PM
Jenniffer,

So sorry to hear about what happened. You'll be in my thoughts & prayers.

Jenniffer
09-18-2002, 01:59 PM
Thank you everyone...means alot to me.

He made bail unfortunatly. But hopefully, he will stay away. Court date is next month.

Thanks again guys. I will keep in touch.

KarenUK
09-18-2002, 03:40 PM
Jenniffer,

The kind of men who behave like this make me SO angry. He has no right whatsoever to ruin your life - please do your best not to let him. It's not easy, but I know you can be strong.

Will be thinking about you... let us know how you're doing.

Karen

barbygirl43
09-18-2002, 03:41 PM
Oh Jennifer I'm so sorry to hear that it happened. I'm glad to hear that you are going to go to counseling. Many victims think they can get by without it. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.
Dawnyal

muelledk
09-18-2002, 04:57 PM
Jennifer I don't know what to say. I am so sorry that this has happened to you. Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. I hope that this person is punished for what he has done to you.

missaprylj
09-18-2002, 07:59 PM
Remember, God... "Be Not Afraid; I Go Before You Always" We love you and I'll keep you in my prayers. Take Care. Love, Apryl

nasus40
09-18-2002, 09:53 PM
{crying here} Jenniffer I am so sorry that happened to you (or anybody for that matter) Just know it was not your fault. You are definatley in my prayers. I wish i was closer and i would go ans sit with you!!! hang in there and stop in when you are ready!! (I had missed you) You know we will be here for you.

jiffypop
09-18-2002, 11:24 PM
want us to go hang him??? we could castrate him first... without anesthesia. of course.

gbo
09-18-2002, 11:35 PM
My Darling....your sessions will help a great deal. It will take some time. A sexual assault leaves you feeling so vulnerable to everything and fear becomes your closest companion for a while but hang in there my Dear you be surprised at how much stronger you will become in just a while. Therapy is a good thing and will give you the tools you need to make your life whole again. I know that for a fact. My prayers are with you. God Bless.
Pam

Jenniffer
09-19-2002, 12:55 PM
I don't even know what to say. Thank you..each one of you. You all make me feel a little bit more stronger. Today is a hard day for me. I am still not sleeping very well but I will see my physician about this tomorrow.

I hope in time..I will be back into the swing of my weightloss efforts.

*HUGS&

MzPen
09-20-2002, 08:25 AM
Jennifer, my heart goes out to you, and I am distressed to hear that the scumbag is out on bail. My mother-in-law was sexually assaulted and left for dead in 1979, and her life was never the same after that - indeed, it affected the entire family. What made it even worse was that their preacher essentially blamed HER from the pulpit!!! How horrible.

I urge you to remain in counseling for as long as it takes ... if you're not satisfied with your counselor at any time, find another one. I think that would have made a huge difference to my MIL.

As for your weight loss, perhaps this is not the time to focus on it, but remember that getting some exercise will help you cope. If you can do it with the attitude that it's going to help your psyche, rather than to take off pounds, perhaps it will be more relevant for you at this time.

Please take care of yourself ... we are all thinking about you.

Pen

Jen
09-20-2002, 08:59 AM
Jenniffer, I'm so sorry to hear that this happened. I hope that the therapy is helpful. Don't let that :censored: win. Assault of this nature is almost always about power, not sex. If you pull yourself back together (and we know you will) you'll show that a--hole that he doesn't have any power over you. You can do it, I know you can. Anyone that can chug down a gallon plus of water everyday can do anything! :grouphug:

lorelei1
09-22-2002, 02:15 PM
Jenniffer,
Honey I dont know what to say either. I am very sorry this happened to you and I am glad you are ok physically. I know emotionally is going to take a very long time. I am glad this creep is locked up. Getting therapy I am sure is the best thing you can do. If this therapist doesnt seem to work for you then find another. I do agree what was said about it being about power and scaring you-not about sex. I will definately be praying for you.
You should pray too, it really does help ease your mind and soul.

take care!
laura

KittyMilk
09-22-2002, 08:13 PM
Dear Jennifer,

Time and distance will heal and help you, my thoughts are with you. If he's been charged then I take it you will have to testify against him at some stage, this may well be the biggest hurdle to go thru before you can put it all behind you. Anytime you need to talk it out we are all here to support you, your courage and strenght will get you thru this, you will win out over this creep, this I do not doubt,
take care
Kitty

meg 1+2
09-22-2002, 11:07 PM
Jennifer,

I just read your post today and my heart goes out to you. I pray that God gives you the strength to see this through.

God Bless you,

Meg

teach93
09-23-2002, 01:25 AM
Jenniffer:

I have not posted in many months because I have been losing at my weight loss battle and haven't been here much. I just happened to stop by tonight.

My heart is breaking for you. I can't even imagine the pain and frustration and fear you are feeling. I am glad you are getting help through therapy and know there are brighter days ahead.

You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Elaine

Jenniffer
09-23-2002, 09:34 AM
Hi everyone. Wanted to let you know, I am still here, reading the posts. Thank you everyone..it feels good to know that there are people out there that are rooting for me.

I think I am still getting over the shock that this has happened to me. I still feel as if it "wasn't me". Just a really bad dream.

I went out this weekend for the first time since, and it was different. The whole world feels different to me now. I hope in time...my world will get back to what it was.

Thank you everyone...

KnCmamma
09-23-2002, 11:06 AM
:grouphug: Jennifer I am so sorry this has happened to you. Know that we are all here for you.

gbo
09-23-2002, 12:01 PM
Oh Honey it will be the same with just a little more awareness of what goes on around you. In some ways it will even get better, The fear will fade and be replaced by more strength than you thought you ever possessed. We have only one choise my love in life and that is to allow the bad guys the power forever by our fear and hate or to grow and become even better than we knew we could be. It will take a little while so be patient with you in this "growing process" but you will grow and become strong. One thing I always kept in mind as silly as it may be is that steel is tempered and made strong by fire. Take the power from him and put it in your own hands. You will be stronger, shine more and become more powerful within yourself than ever before. Nothing will be able to steal your security, your peace, your joy ever again. So hang tough Babe there is quite a lining there for you all you have to do is reach out and take it as your own, but time and therapy will be your guide. God Bless my Friend, God Bless.
Pam

Jenniffer
09-24-2002, 12:15 PM
*Wiping tears*

Thank you...to all of my angels here. I feel so loved.

bella23
09-28-2002, 06:12 AM
I'm with everyone else. I'm so sorry that happened to you. You just remember it's not your fault and you stay strong. Good luck and I'm thinking of you!!

Bella23

Chunky Spice
09-28-2002, 10:32 AM
I'm so very sorry. I'll say a prayer for you and hope you find some peace in all this.

:grouphug:

suzie76
10-01-2002, 07:23 AM
Jenniffer,

I am so sorry for what happened to you. I just wanted you to know that you have friends here who will always listen to you and love you.

Lots of hugs,
Sherry

Jenniffer
10-01-2002, 08:53 AM
You all are too sweet. Thank you. It makes a world of difference knowing I have ppl behind me.

I had counseling yesterday, and met with my appointed therapist. It went well. She is an older woman who is tiny. I feel as ig I am 9 ft tall next to her. But I was comfortable. We've decided that Mondays will work best one on one and then in time, I will begin a support group too.

I am proud of myself for going. Wasn't easy. But I need to take care of me now.