The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing - Biggest Loser Season 10!

Pages : [1] 2

View Full Version : Biggest Loser Season 10!

emsash2007
05-15-2010, 02:16 AM
Hey all! I thought I'd throw this out there for anyone who might be interested. Biggest Loser is filming their first episode in cities all around the US this week. Bob and Jillian will be in several cities leading a workout and creating a city-wide challenge for each city.

Check out nbc's website and look under casting. Should be a super fun day! Plus the first 300 people will get their very own official biggest loser tshirt!!

You could be filmed for the show! You don't have to be overweight to go, they want people of all types.

I auditioned for the show for Season 10 and this is what the casting directors are sending out via facebook and twitter....

Have fun!!

wishtobethin
05-15-2010, 11:35 PM
That's awesome! Thanks for the tip. My husband and I are big time fans!:carrot:

alyssarof2012
05-16-2010, 10:38 PM
If I was old enough, I'd totally audition.! I am a major BL fan. Especially of Jillian.

Thanks for this! I hope they come to VA. :)

HoneyMustard
07-02-2010, 08:10 PM
Hey all you BL fans! I came across some You Tube auditions for season 10. Just thought I'd share

www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Biggest+Loser+10+Audition&aq=f

I thought Louie Benson's video was a riot!

JMfan
07-02-2010, 09:41 PM
They're casting for BL11 now!!!

momof4under5
07-04-2010, 11:42 AM
hey sara I should send you the link of my auition video for last season..lol

ghost girl
07-31-2010, 04:04 AM
I enjoy BL, does anyone know when 11 will air?
Can't wait.

JMfan
08-23-2010, 07:47 PM
Season 10 is airing in Sept! I'm sooo thrilled. I pray Jill renews her contract after BL11

QuilterInVA
08-28-2010, 05:50 PM
I really enjoyed Jillian's shows this summer. I wish they could go back in 6 months and see where those families are now.

alyssarof2012
09-09-2010, 06:49 PM
So does anyone know when the next season airs?? I've beeen waaaaiiittiinngg! :)

LadyPhoenix
09-10-2010, 09:02 AM
The season premiere is September 21. I'm hoping this season is good!

JMfan
09-15-2010, 03:15 PM
Bob and Jill won't be in this season as much. Producers want to focus more on the contestants.

This season better be good.

BethC
09-18-2010, 08:40 PM
I can't wait for Tuesday, it's been forever!!

luckymommy
09-18-2010, 08:47 PM
Yes! Me too! I really miss the show...I find it so motivating! For once, I'd like to be on track for the entire season! ;)

JMfan
09-18-2010, 10:32 PM
It's almost heeeerrrrreeeee!!!

ringmaster
09-19-2010, 05:56 PM
can't wait for Tuesday. Wish I could audition, but I'm not big enough, but I'm sure the experience would do me some good.

sassybiscuit
09-20-2010, 09:16 AM
I can't wait either! I'm gonna try and follow them, I'm hoping the Bodybugg I ordered shows up by tomorrow!!

QuilterInVA
09-21-2010, 01:27 PM
The BL has been a big inspiration to me - it got me started exercising at the gym instead of thinking about it sitting on the sofa.

jmfan317
09-21-2010, 06:40 PM
Few more hrs and its on I'm so excited. It motivates me more to workout and eat healthy cuz the contestants go through so much.

BethC
09-21-2010, 07:54 PM
Me too!!! I'm sitting here waiting... 6 mins left!

LitChick
09-21-2010, 08:22 PM
20 minutes in and I've already been moved to tears!

What actually is the minimum weight to be considered for the show?

Angie
09-21-2010, 08:24 PM
Me too, I am all choked up already! I can't stand waiting to see the rest, the commercials drive me mad. I'm going to watch Dancing With the Stars for 15 minutes and PVR The Biggest Loser, so I can skip the ads!

totalbodymakeover
09-21-2010, 10:36 PM
watched it loved it and ready for next week!

Lori Bell
09-22-2010, 08:04 AM
Did anyone have a terrible quality of video on the TBL last night? We kept losing sound and would get that "pixelated" look. We thought it might be the satellite feed so we switched to the TV antenna mode and it was just as bad... every other channel was fine. It drove me nuts.

I DVR'd the first hour so I could skip through commericals and that was all screwed up too. Kept freezing up. We've never had any of these problems with the the system before.

gardend1va
09-22-2010, 08:31 AM
Just watched the premiere...and had to laugh to myself. Apparently a TBL premiere must now always have an ambulance/paramedic issue or two or it's not doing its job properly.

I must say that even though I've been watching this show since it first started, I do always get choked up at some of the contestants' stories. Looking forward to see what the Marines are going to do...should be interesting!

JackieHollow
09-22-2010, 10:32 AM
I was thrilled when my dh got our antenna set up so I could watch it. The stories always get to me.

I already have someone to root for! The 50something year old man that is a physical therapist.. he's from my neck of the woods. About 1.5 hours from me.

L144S
09-22-2010, 11:22 AM
Did anyone notice that I think ALL of the contestants have some kind of death of someone close? mother, baby, brother etc?

eclipse
09-22-2010, 11:42 AM
Did anyone notice that I think ALL of the contestants have some kind of death of someone close? mother, baby, brother etc?

YES! It was driving me crazy. I kept telling my husband, What a surprise! Another dead relative! I mean, I felt bad for every single one of them, but it was really overkill.

Mercy03
09-22-2010, 12:30 PM
IMO,the worst premiere ever.The ones who needed to be there most couldn't complete the challenge:mad:.The guy who weighed 454? There was no way he was going to win and the lady with cancer? jeez,what has happened to this show?

sal27253
09-22-2010, 12:34 PM
I think TBL has to have people that can complete physically challenging challenges. They have to weed out the people that will collapse and need to be carted away during week one... Although they did say at the end that the eliminated hopefuls will be back!

Ilene
09-22-2010, 12:43 PM
IMO,the worst premiere ever.The ones who needed to be there most couldn't complete the challenge:mad:.The guy who weighed 454? There was no way he was going to win and the lady with cancer? jeez,what has happened to this show?From the previews I think they will bring those contestants back ... I sure do hope so, because I also found that the challenges were a bit unfair for the bigger folks...

QuilterInVA
09-22-2010, 02:01 PM
If they can't do the beginners challenge, how will the manage exercising 6-8 hours a day - they won't. It's sad, I wish every person in every city could have gone to the ranch. It looks like half of them will be going home next week so it should be interesting to see how they get to come back and how the others who lost the challenge get there.

Tomato
09-22-2010, 02:46 PM
IMO,the worst premiere ever.The ones who needed to be there most couldn't complete the challenge:mad:.The guy who weighed 454? There was no way he was going to win and the lady with cancer? jeez,what has happened to this show?

I completely agree. I sort of fell of the weight loss wagon (bad Tomato, VERY BAD!) but last night I realized, 'Ha, it's Tuesday, Biggest Loser may be on!' and I was thrilled to see that it's the premiere (so I didn't miss any episodes). But I was disappointed. First, I was thinking how come they are choosing everybody around the age of 27 or so? Then I thought perhaps all the contestants will be from the same group. Then you can imagine the surprise when they picked the 58 old lady (and big kudos to her for completing the 1 mile run!). But it doesn't seem fair - she is more than twice the age of some of the youngest contestants. It takes much longer to recover from strenuous physical activity when you are older (I am 51, so I know what I am talking about).

Second, I thought that there was a lot of people who should have been selected as contestants. Some of the contestants did not seem to be that overweight (what's with the lady who weighs only 235 lbs [compared to another who is 322?) I always think they should give all the contestants a fair chance but I don't think they are doing that.
My 2 cents.

L144S
09-22-2010, 05:44 PM
don't count out the contestants that did not win in their city. I am going to guess that they will be back soon enough but will have to be working at home and earn a spot on the ranch. I don't think they would have profield them not to be on the show. I don't know how but I will stake a claim.

maryshady
09-22-2010, 06:47 PM
Mercy and Tomato-I agree with you. I thought the whole episode was boring. I would rather see them at the ranch and I hate how they tell people they made it on the show and then disappoint them. I will continue to watch the show cause I love the results but I really don't like the direction they have taken the last few seasons

LitChick
09-22-2010, 10:27 PM
YES! It was driving me crazy. I kept telling my husband, What a surprise! Another dead relative! I mean, I felt bad for every single one of them, but it was really overkill.

I thought it was odd at first, but then when it seemed like everyone had some kind of traumatic event or loss, that at least they were all on an even playing field when it came to that, and no one would get sympathy (not to mention practically unanimous audience support - remember Abby from Season 8?) just for whatever emotional issue or baggage they bring to it.

It wasn't just the most overweight/younger people who won the challenge, either. The woman who lost in Atlanta was smaller than either of the two men, and the girl in Boston was younger than at least one of the men. I do think it was good to weed out those people - because as others have said, how can they manage the hours of intensive exercise at the ranch if they can't run a mile or take 500 steps without collapsing or experiencing intense pain?

It's a mismatched group of people (both in weight and age), but no more mismatched than any other season, I don't think.

I will be glad when they get to the ranch and the real work - and losses - begin!

Hart
09-22-2010, 11:01 PM
I haven't watched since first season until now- wow tears! I just watched bits but I really felt bad for the people who didn't make it. We ALL have a story, a LOT of it IS tragic, that's real IMO.

fatmad
09-23-2010, 06:10 AM
I wondered if recovering from loss was the theme this year, especially weight reduction to prevent death! that was my take anyhow. THere were SO many commercials. I didn't pvr it, my daughter was recording something else, so watched on the upstairs tv, and went to do little chores during the commercials, I would come and sit down when the show started. I did more chores than sitting, which is great in terms of getting work done, not so good for the tv. I hope next week I can be on the treadmill for much of it. Or maybe I will pvr it with time shifting and watch it in the morning with the treadmill.

futuresize6
09-23-2010, 08:59 AM
there always has to be a story line...tragedy equals good story line. period. how about the ppl who just got lazy and busy with life's obligations to care for themselves? that's my story line...just spent the last yr & half doing an incredibly overwhelming nursing program where there really was no time for anything but studying and homework-now that time is over...
new job, new career, new focus, new me by next summer...

Mercy03
09-23-2010, 12:57 PM
Kumbuya;)

Coondocks
09-24-2010, 03:01 PM
I may be in the minority but I like that this season has variety of age and weights . . . just goes to show you don't need to be over 300lbs or close to to need that motivation to get off the couch and get healthy.
Could be a very simplistic way for me to view it, but if this was a year ago and I saw some one on TBL that was my weight or close to, it would really make me step back, take a look at myself and see that I needed to change.

Other than that . . . I can't say it really hooked me in like the seasons before have.

MindiV
09-24-2010, 03:28 PM
Didn't hook me at all. I wanted to see them on the ranch DOING something, not just trying to get on the show. To me that's what tryouts for the show are for. I fast forwarded through the majority of this one...

BethC
09-24-2010, 07:36 PM
It didn't really pull me in either? All of the contestants have their "story", but we used to hear about them as the show progressed, when we already knew them, but like this, it's all layed out on the 1st show before we've gotten attached to them.

Does that make sense?

peanutt
09-25-2010, 10:59 AM
I definitely understand the need for them to ensure that contestants will be able to somewhat keep up with the workouts at the ranch. I also liked that so many of the 3rd place contestants kept pushing to finish even though they weren't going to be on the show. I'm sure we will see them all again in some way. Good thought by the PP that they may be working out at home to "win" a spot on the show.

I have to agree with Coondocks about the weight ranges. It can be a real eye-opener for people to see some of the contestants at the lower weights.

mizski
09-26-2010, 01:13 AM
I didn't really like this first episode. They they probably had some kind of elimination or selection process in other seasons but I'm glad I didn't have to see it.

It was pretty shocking to see all those really overweight people in the crowd in each city. Shocking isn't the right word though. And you know they are only the tip of the iceberg. On a positive note, it was great to see Mike still looking good. I wonder how his brother is doing.

I'll be tuning in next week though. I just can't make myself not watch TBL. LOL

Simona
09-27-2010, 09:06 AM
I had never seen a premiere episode so this season was my first and it was boring BUT I know it'll get better as the weeks go on. I'm really hoping Corey gets a chance to get on the ranch. My heart went out to him when he fell 2x during that run.

Sitting there watching them I knew there was NO way I could run a mile at my weight either...I thought that was kind of unfair. I mean...people audition, they're selected, they should just be on the show. But that's my 2cents.

Right now I'm rooting for Corey to be back on and Ada to make some changes. Her story really touched me. I cant imagine being blamed by my parents for the death of a sibling. It was nice to see her brother there supporting her.

fattymcfatty
09-27-2010, 05:56 PM
I am excited to tune in tomorrow and see how the first week at the ranch goes...

Simona
09-29-2010, 06:31 AM
I thought it was another boring episode last night. I'm hopeful that it'll get better. So far none of the conestsnts are a favorite - they all seem like a bunch of whiners.

NurseMichelle
09-29-2010, 09:21 AM
I haven't watched last night's ep yet, so I'm basing my comments on the premiere...I, too, am hoping to stay on board for the entire season. I've been on 3fc for like ten years and am still struggling....and I read this entire thread every season too, but never comment! :)

I loved the first ep! I did get attatched to some of the contestants already and the constant sad stories got to me, maybe I was in a mood that day. The woman whose daughter got sick and anorexic because she didn't want to be like her mother....sighhhhh. just broke my heart. And I think Jessica is so BEAUTIFUL... That hair! Her face! She is just gorgeous. I can only imagine they can ruin her on the makeover show. lol PLEASE DON'T CUT HER HAIRRR! I'm terrible with names....the blonde soccer mom type, reminded me of Julie (?) blonde soccer mom from a couple seasons ago.

I made the same comment though, the ones who didn't make the show were probably the ones that needed it the most. The big African American guy with the son really got to me, as did the guy with the dreadlocks.

I also took a shine to one of the guys that made the show, now I can't remember anything about him!!!! I just thought, mark my words, this guy is going to be a cutie. My memory is getting foggy, I'll have to look some of them up....Looking forward to a great, inspiring season!

gardend1va
09-29-2010, 12:38 PM
I think it would be great if the ex girlfriend of Brendon (Brandon?), the guy who pushed away the love of his life when he began to get heavy, watches this show, sees how much he is haunted by the loss of her, and goes back to him if she has not started a relationship with someone else yet. He clearly is still in love with her. It would be a great "Hollywood moment" if she sees this show, understands why he did what he did, and goes back to him.

julie99s
09-29-2010, 01:51 PM
I thought it was another boring episode last night. I'm hopeful that it'll get better. So far none of the conestsnts are a favorite - they all seem like a bunch of whiners.

I agree.

And I was bummed because the women typically can't put up huge numbers like the guys can, so of course a woman was going home last night. And I'm frustrated with that one guy turning it into a men vs. women game after giving the immunity to Patrick (?). There's more, I was irritated with Alison when she said something along the lines of being the lone woman able to hang with the guys to that one lady. What can I say, little things bug me.

That's how attached I am, I don't even know their names yet. I hope it picks up. And I hope the women aren't picked off one by one. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind if a man were to win, I just don't want it to be a man vs. woman thing resulting in what Jillian called a "sausage fest" lol

MindiV
09-30-2010, 08:16 AM
I think Patrick will be a cutie, especially with that Southern accent.

Not attached to anyone else, really. His name just stuck out to me. I watched more of this episode than the first one. Not "hooked" yet.

Eliana
09-30-2010, 12:01 PM
Could this week's episode have been any more disgusting? I thought for sure someone would already have brought that up. I'd HATE to be some of those contestants and watch back some of those horrifying moments. The guy on the treadmill with the nose issue? Ew! Ew! Ew!

And I think it's quite unfair that all the women fell below the line. That's not fair, obviously. I was hoping that would show BL that there needed to be some other measurement system.

L144S
09-30-2010, 12:19 PM
I was suprised too about all the women falling below the bottom line. I do like the change of being able to save yourself, but I hope that it is not the trend.

as for the gross out factor :) youp, way yucky but it makes a point that these people push themselves and keep going. good for them. I really have no opinion of these people yet but I like the guy from boston (go home team) (snot guy) I just felt like he was real this week.

I also liked that the girl who went home was able to cut the tie with mom who is clearly not a good supporter of her daughter. I loved that she reached out to find her support system.

So GO ALI!!! I think she really wants this and is finding the inner strength to do it. I was worried that she mentioned 5 months, I am not a fan of losing for a specific event although I know people do it all the time...

eclipse
09-30-2010, 12:39 PM
I'm starting to really have a problem with the Biggest Loser. It's really sad to see people crying because they "only" lost 12 lbs, and not only be sad that they might go home - but disappointed in themselves. And, honestly? There is NO reason for people to be working out until the puke or fall off a treadmill or faint - NO reason. The trainers really should be ashamed of themselves. I don't know if I can hang in with them this season.

Eliana
09-30-2010, 12:47 PM
I'm starting to really have a problem with the Biggest Loser. It's really sad to see people crying because they "only" lost 12 lbs, and not only be sad that they might go home - but disappointed in themselves. And, honestly? There is NO reason for people to be working out until the puke or fall off a treadmill or faint - NO reason. The trainers really should be ashamed of themselves. I don't know if I can hang in with them this season.

My husband and I were discussing this. It sends the message that weight loss has to be hard and it simply does not. I am achieving the exact same results...just in more time. And I bet I won't have the same struggles they have to keep it off.

I'm all for working out hard, don't get me wrong. But to the point where they are throwing up or don't care their nose is leaking on national television? That's insane and probably just plain wrong.

MamaP
09-30-2010, 02:45 PM
Remember Corey . . . the guy from Portland that collapsed during the mile run in episode one? The Biggest Loser sent him to Fitness Ridge. http://www.nbc.com/the-biggest-loser/video/where-are-they-now-corey/1251826/

fattymcfatty
09-30-2010, 04:21 PM
Interesting about Corey. I'll have to check that out.

What about the two gals who got into it during one of the elimination races. Did the dark-haired girl push the blonde on purpose? What do y'all think? To me, it did not look intentional. Sorry I don't have the names down yet, either.

I was glad to see that Bob and Jillian were allowed to each make one "save" and bring a person to the ranch.

ringmaster
09-30-2010, 06:07 PM
glad they did something for Corey, I felt bad when he fell when trying to run the mile :( I thought maybe he'd have a chance on the show later.

noone is really standing out to me this season. maybe Allie since when she was sent home and she asked her family for support but instead there was chocolate right there when she came back, but she continued on anyway. so I'm hoping she succeeds. it's a bit inspirational to me since I can relate to not having support at home.

the way they bring up the one guy losing the love of his life makes it sound like maybe something will happen later, maybe reunited?

QuilterInVA
09-30-2010, 06:59 PM
Some of you seem to forget that women have been the BL as many times as men. Since it is based on % and most of the men have much more than the women to lose, its fair as it can be. You could say they should have different divisions for age as well. What they are doing is fine. Did you ever notice most of the women are great whiners and then men just get it done.

L144S
09-30-2010, 07:27 PM
Did you ever notice most of the women are great whiners and then men just get it done.

Well Said QiVA!
I am not of the mind it is "not fair" it was just odd to me that all (but 1) of the women fell below that line.

Also, I am not sure if it was an intentional shove but they were all running twards a target instead of in lanes, someone was bound to get shoved.

Magrat
09-30-2010, 09:42 PM
Some of you seem to forget that women have been the BL as many times as men. Since it is based on % and most of the men have much more than the women to lose, its fair as it can be. You could say they should have different divisions for age as well. What they are doing is fine. Did you ever notice most of the women are great whiners and then men just get it done.

Sorry, no. Out of the previous nine seasons of the BL men have taken the top prize 6 times. Women have won only 3 times. And while the men are generally bigger women have hormonal issues that make it harder for them to lose the same % of weight even when size differences are taken into account.

The show has always been stacked in favor of the men.

luckymommy
09-30-2010, 09:57 PM
I really do like this show, although I do have issue with several things. The massive weight losses each week seem unhealthy....but I guess it's better than being so overweight? It's Hollywood, so it's about money...not the people.

Also, I don't like that they have to get weighed with their shirts off. Come on now! It's like they're parading them in a way that I think is unfair. I know that they weigh them off camera anyway and that this is just a formality....as far as I have heard. Either way, a shirt would add some dignity, imho.

Will I keep watching? Yes. I wish there were teams so that they'd mix up sexes, ages, larger and smaller people, etc. I just like it better because there's more going on.

Just my 2 cents. :)

Simona
10-01-2010, 09:53 AM
Remember Corey . . . the guy from Portland that collapsed during the mile run in episode one? The Biggest Loser sent him to Fitness Ridge. http://www.nbc.com/the-biggest-loser/video/where-are-they-now-corey/1251826/

Thanks for posting the link. I'm happy that they gave him the opportunity to do something to change his life.

JMfan
10-01-2010, 10:41 PM
Geez, it's not Tuesday yet? Guess I'll have to finish watching old BL Australia until then :-D

maryshady
10-06-2010, 11:03 AM
Jillian was getting on my nerves last night. It is not scientifically proven that men lose weight faster than women because of their muscle to fat ratio is considerably higher than a woman's?

That is why in past seasons before they started the couple's format, teams were made of men and women so there wouldn't be that advantage. I don't like the way they are doing it this year because I think the deck is stacked against the women. Then Jillian, instead of pointing that fact out, blames the women for their lack of dedication? crazy!

Simona
10-06-2010, 11:14 AM
Men do lose weight easier than women for a variety of reasons - muscle:fat ratios, hormones - they have a higher level of testosterone, estrogen for women can hinder weight loss.

I agree, last night's episode got on my nerves too and I'm thinking I may not watch for a few weeks and just catch up on them during the weekend with On Demand.

I am glad Tina was voted off though. I think Adam will be one to watch - he seems like a quiet guy taking it all in and really working hard to get the weight off.

layddi
10-06-2010, 11:47 AM
I'm also glad Tina got voted off, she got on my nerves.

KimL1214
10-06-2010, 11:57 AM
I agree that teams really need to be made. While the extra challenge for those under the yellow line is interesting, I would prefer to see some team competitions so we can see some people work together, versus everyone against each other.

cherrypie
10-06-2010, 01:02 PM
I like the everyone for themselves format. I was a bit disapointed though last night that they didn't have a surprise weigh in like the first time. I think the weigh ins would be a lot more honest. I've heard they do things like get really dehydrated to pull a bigger number. And that guy with immunity, it was pretty clear he had bloated himself up so he could get a better number next week.

The endless scenes of them being working out and getting yelled at, not to mention puking are overdone though. I don't know why this show can't be an hour. I start watching it on pvr after 9 still finish at 10 fastforwarding through a lot of that. don't seem to miss anything lol

L144S
10-06-2010, 01:10 PM
I will keep in mind that there is a lot we don't see and yes we do see the women working out with Bob and jill but maybe they are not working out in the off time while the men are. so I will reserve on Jills comments about the women. I agree that for some, especially with the medication/and medical issues these people have the WL can be even harder. Living it right now so I have a compassion.

I do like the chance to fight after being below the yellow line heart can count for something right?

m3rma1d
10-06-2010, 05:11 PM

This.

m3rma1d
10-06-2010, 05:14 PM
Did you ever notice most of the women are great whiners and then men just get it done.

Not really. What sticks out in my mind most re: whiners this season is one guy whining about his mother that died, and another guy whining about dumping the love of his life.

They all whine. I'm tired of it.

Eliana
10-07-2010, 10:52 AM
I thought the most recent episode was obnoxious, but I know me...addicted to the end. ;)

I agree that Jillian was rough on the women, but I also agree with L144S that we don't know why she was that way. Surely Jillian is better trained on such issues than we are! However, it disappoints me that the message that gets sent to struggling women everywhere is that if you're not dropping 10+ pounds every week it's because you're not trying. :dizzy: Especially when they show images of them working out to the point of exhaustion and nausea. I do not like that message...at all.

And what a group of whiners this time!! They want to go home? What? They're NOT game players? Really?

Ilene
10-07-2010, 11:05 AM
Eliana -- I agree, what a bunch of whiners!!! And they want to go home?!?!? Geez, didn't they know the concept of the show :doh: But I have to keep watching :lol:

lixximajig
10-07-2010, 01:48 PM
I miss this show! I didn't catch last season and pretty much let myself go again. Now watching this show and despite all the drama it's really helping me kick start my healthy lifestyle again.

JMfan
10-08-2010, 12:07 AM
anybody liking the new position of the yellow line and the elimination challenges? Fair or not?

cherrypie
10-08-2010, 02:04 AM
I like it. It shakes things up a bit. And means those having a bad weeks till have a chance.

It amuses me how much it freaks them out though. There is still only one person going home. They act like half the house is going.

julie99s
10-08-2010, 10:11 AM
It amuses me how much it freaks them out though. There is still only one person going home. They act like half the house is going.

I noticed that too. Buncha worrywarts and whiners this group is this year

mizski
10-09-2010, 06:42 AM
I wonder if TBL is fizzling out? I don't see any buzz online about it this season and even this thread used to be so lively in past seasons.

cutefaceXchubbywaist
10-10-2010, 08:01 PM
I think a lot of people stopped watching after Jillian Michaels brought out a diet pill. I know I did. I think she's a sell out now. I lost ALL respect for her. Her diet pills are dangerous and I can't believe she'd allow her name to be put on it. :( That's just my opinion though.

LitChick
10-10-2010, 10:36 PM
I realized watching the show this past week that this is the first time that I have weighed less than all of the contestants. I know they'll soon catch up and pass me, lol, but it was a cool thing to finally have them all weigh more than me, at least starting out.

I don't really watch it for the game play, the drama, for Bob or Jillian, or for nutrition/exercise tips. I watch it because seeing people realize their potential and achieve what they thought impossible, is truly inspiring to me. I love seeing people who were just like me create, through sheer determination and hard work, a new life for themselves.

MindiV
10-11-2010, 07:42 AM
Jillian's diet pill didn't bother me at all....didn't encourage me to take it in any way, shape or form because she was promoting it. As far as I can tell she doesn't promote the pill on the show, and I still think she's a good trainer.

But this season hasn't really hooked me at all yet. There's nobody I really care about at this point, you know? Not that I DON'T care about the ones there, but nobody is really standing out.

Tomato
10-13-2010, 01:09 PM
I am with Mindi. I am watching the episodes but the show is not really grabbing me like it used to. I don't mind Jillian's pills either - everybody is free to make up his/her mind what to take. I also see I am doing a lot of other things while the show is on. Last night, for example, I talked with my BF on the phone (in previous years, I would not pick up and I would let the answering get it), I was washing the dishes during the commercial and straightening out the kitchen (again, not anything I would have done in previous seasons).

I have to say I am annoyed with the 2 hour format. It seems to me that they are struggling to fill in the 2 hours (or whatever is left from the 2 hours after you deduct 40 minutes or who knows how many for commercial breaks). Last night, I turned it on when the cupcake challenge was in progress. I find it entirely stupid to force them to eat cupcakes when they are trying to lose weight. I prefer to watch the exercise as opposed to the other stuff (I cannot care less about Bob's house or what's in his fridge (I am surprised there wasn't any Jennie O turkey - but this season they are pitching Brita more LOL).

Also, I am very annoyed with many of the challenges because it seems to me that the women's chances to win are, due to the nature of the tasks, much lower than the men's. For example, last night, the carpet roll - it was practically impossible for a woman to win.

Krazy
10-13-2010, 04:43 PM
They guy that always complains about the girlfriend he lost gets on my nerves. I doubt he left his girlfriend, I think it's the other way around...

All the other contestants seem okay though.

fattymcfatty
10-13-2010, 06:02 PM
I find myself cheering on Elizabeth. I find her to be so weak, and the most in need of help. I don't like the guys, especially the Brenden/Frado clique thing. When my DH saw the meal that Bob had prepared, he said "Now that would be delicious if you put some chicken on it!!" Alas, he is a carnivore, and I don't think that will ever change.

I also want Ada to tell her family to go to Hades!!!

trekkiegirl
10-13-2010, 08:56 PM
If Ada's parents were even talking to her before the show, I would bet they aren't now. She's basically shown to the world that they're not the most loving of people and she's probably humilated them. I wouldn't be surprised if they've disowned her at this point. I'm not Asian--Italian actually--but I think the value placed on honor, family loyalty, respecting your parents, keeping your mouth shut about family matters, etc. runs deep in both cultures.

I hope that guy who fell during the race (Cory?) makes it in. He needs it so much.

This alliance of the guys won't mean much if they end up on opposing teams.

I thought Frado would have saved Elizabeth from the challenge. But then maybe he thought (or talked it over with his guys) that Elizabeth wouldn't have been voted off anyway.

BTW, I read somewhere online that Aaron's wife cheated on him...I think one of the other contestants mentioned it.

And....quick mention...did anybody see Season 8 winner Danny Cahill on The Doctors yesterday? They removed his excess skin and two months later his torso looks much better than I would have expected at that point.

damngina
10-14-2010, 12:21 AM
I felt horrible for Ada. I was uncomfortable when Jillian taunted her by asking if her yelling was "like being at home" but understood why she did it. She's not used to succeeding and needs to realize she's doing a good job.

Loved Bob's house and loved how great everyone looked in normal clothes.

maryshady
10-14-2010, 07:36 AM
I am rooting for Adam. I really like him and his determination. I also lost my mother to complications from obesity when I was in my early 30's so I can really relate.

I don't like the guys, especially the Brenden/Frado clique thing. I also want Ada to tell her family to go to Hades!!!

I agree 100 %. I can't stand Frado. Hate to listen to him grunting and groaning. It's like he needs constant attention. I also don't like that they feel threatened by Adam so he instantly becomes a target to get off the show instead of a motivator to work their a$$es off. An Ada's family..what more can I add. Unbelievable that her sibling dying is their fault for walking away from an infant and a toddler in a pool but they choose to blame her.

Me too. I really liked him and he showed a lot of heart for getting up after the first fall.

[QUOTE=damngina;3521227]I felt horrible for Ada. I was uncomfortable when Jillian taunted her by asking if her yelling was "like being at home" but understood why she did it. She's not used to succeeding and needs to realize she's doing a good job.

I understand what Jillian is trying to do but I dislike when she mixes pop psychology with personal training. That girl is damaged and should be seeing a qualified therapist.

MindiV
10-14-2010, 08:47 AM
Frado...SHUT UP!!!! It drives me INSANE that he's so loud while working out. I mean grunt a little, puff and pant...but the screaming and yelling is just stupid. I want him voted off just to have some quiet.

Tomato
10-14-2010, 04:33 PM
The Frado/Brandon clique drives me nuts. I can't stand Frado's screaming either. He behaves is if was in labour ... without an epidural.

julie99s
10-15-2010, 10:56 AM
The Frado/Brandon clique drives me nuts. I can't stand Frado's screaming either. He behaves is if was in labour ... without an epidural.

I am so with you on that. I was hoping to see Brandon go home week before last. He just bugs me. And I don't think I screamed that loud having DS who came so quick there was no time for epidural. I'll have to check with DH though LMAO

Wild Vulpix
10-16-2010, 10:20 PM
I LOVE Ada. I'm totally rooting for her this season. I fell in love with her in Episode 1 and she's only made me love her more since. Unfortunately, her success makes her a LARGE target as a "threat" to the other contestants. I figure as soon as they get the opportunity, she'll be packing her bags.

Is anybody else getting REALLY annoyed that women have such a disadvantage? I remember one year, Jillian said that although women could be given a handicap, it would take away from their victory. I could see that. But... ugh, it's just so frustrating.

I hope a girl wins this season. (But I'd say that about every season ;) )

Steelslady
10-19-2010, 10:53 PM

What really sucks is that they got their wish, at the expense of Rick. I loved Rick- he was a classy guy and didn't get into that alliance crap. Burns me that the clique won, and you just know damn well that Ada, Anna, and Elizabeth will all be gone if they lose the next three weeks.

I really love and relate to Elizabeth. I feel so sorry for her- she's at a slight disadvantage, with not having as much to lose as some of other women on the show, not to mention, she has bad asthma. I have it, too, and can relate to her struggles with breathing. It isn't fun. I keep rooting for her every week to make it, and every week she has to do a challenge or face elimination like tonight.

I thought Anna did a wonderful and fair job of picking the teams tonight. It's too bad she didn't give immunity to someone like Liz or Jessica, the ones who can't seem to lose too much weight. Picking Patrick was kind of like nailing the coffin for everyone on the black team, with Frado and Brendan choosing to throw the weigh in to get him on the team. I still don't believe Brendan didn't water load, sorry. He had his toes crossed or something, even Ali didn't believe him!

trekkiegirl
10-19-2010, 11:04 PM
I think it was disingenous to keep saying on the show that those 5 people did it all at home by themselves when they actually spent some time at Fitness Ridge. They were posting blogs and photos.

Ada is a dichotomy. On the one hand, there's some sympathy there for her over being blamed by her parents for the deaths of 2 brothers and near-death of the 3rd. On the other hand, she is rather cold and unsympathetic when it comes to Elizabeth, whom see she sees as the weak link that's dragging the team down. It was her first thought when they ended up on the black team together.

I couldn't quite fathom at first so many of them taking Rick out. But then I remember it was Patrick himself who foreshadowed it, when he mentioned that, with the addition of Anna, they (green) were the only team with 3 people. I think Frado, Brendan and possibly Ada together came to the conclusion that the greenshirts had a bond and wouldn't vote one another out first. I also think Brendan and Frado are of the somewhat machismo mind that they (including Patrick) could carry the team in challenges if Anna and Elizabeth can't hack it.

Is it just me or has practically every yellow shirt female after Colleen (and not including her) been rather whiny? Aubrey, who guilted people into feeling sorry for her. Sunshine, who cried every time she didn't win a challenge or weigh-in, as though she deserved it for just being so gosh-darn special. And now Elizabeth.

It's interesting that Anna did what Michael did last season, to a point. He was in the same position of picking the teams and choosing immunity and he, too, gave immunity away. But the contestants weren't strangers to him anymore and he stacked the teams and gave immunity to O'Neal, who was a liability in terms of not being able to do challenges too well. Anna gave immunity to a strong contestant whom both teams wanted. And, in both cases, the odd-player out ended up the chooser's team.

katy trail
10-19-2010, 11:32 PM
this was my first episode of this season. didn't watch much of last season.
i really like anna.

i hate all this game playing baloney. i hate when people have to get voted off, in 99% of cases.
we should be able to just watch them all. everyone stays 3 mo. or whatever.

Jojo381972
10-19-2010, 11:51 PM
I really love this show, and have watched most episodes except for one ( a few weeks ago). Unforunately, I won't be able to watch it on tv because I work now at that time. I need to find a way to download it (can't watch it on abc because I'm not in the US). Any ideas?

I like Ada and feel sorry for her. I also think that Elizabeth may not get far in this challenge because of her asthma, but she is working harder every week. Frado/Brandon will work together till the end. The cliques that are forming will be important in the end.

katy trail
10-20-2010, 12:07 AM
what about using something like hulu?
i always want to watch it, sometimes the schedule just isn't right on tuesdays. and they don't replay shows on nbc like on other channels.

i really liked tara. she did it rigjt i thought. keep winning challenges and weigh ins.

Jelbelle
10-20-2010, 12:15 AM
I liked Ada up until tonight. Honestly I think she is just getting really cocky. I mean, her story is as sob as any of theirs, I guess, but the fact that she is constantly losing these 10lbs a week, she was right in what she said before, it's going to stop somewhere.

I think Rick getting voted off was sort of ridiculous. He did great on his own, but I thought it was just kind of odd.

Jelbelle
10-20-2010, 12:21 AM
I really love and relate to Elizabeth. I feel so sorry for her- she's at a slight disadvantage, with not having as much to lose as some of other women on the show, not to mention, she has bad asthma. I have it, too, and can relate to her struggles with breathing. It isn't fun. I keep rooting for her every week to make it, and every week she has to do a challenge or face elimination like tonight.

I'm really fond of Elizabeth too, she's one of my favorites. I think I have sympathy for her because of her abusive backstory, and I can't imagine having to live in the sort of situation where she was probably constantly told that she was all these horrible things, and now she's out of that and even with her asthma she's still losing weight every week, which, even though her numbers aren't comparable to TBL cast, when I compare her losses to mine at home, they're outstanding. So I think she is still doing a remarkable job. I wish, just for one week, she wouldn't have to plead her case.

Something about the preview for next week makes me think that she lost a bigger number. Anyone else see that?

Oct2007
10-20-2010, 10:00 AM
Jojo
You can watch US tv shows on fastpasstv.com for free. It might take a day or two for the current episode to appear.

fattymcfatty
10-20-2010, 12:29 PM
Ada is a dichotomy. On the one hand, there's some sympathy there for her over being blamed by her parents for the deaths of 2 brothers and near-death of the 3rd. On the other hand, she is rather cold and unsympathetic when it comes to Elizabeth, whom see she sees as the weak link that's dragging the team down. It was her first thought when they ended up on the black team together..

Totally agree with you about Ada. Found her to be really cold toward the "weaker" contestants. I think she'd better watch herself, though, because she is the biggest female "threat" for the Brenden/Frado/Patrick triad. She might be leaving soon.

fattymcfatty
10-20-2010, 12:32 PM
I also wanted to see the other 3 that got a chance to come back but lost to Anna how they look today, or to see their progress. It was just "sorry, go home. Bye-Bye".

Maybe the website has some updates?

Tomato
10-20-2010, 01:37 PM
What really sucks is that they got their wish, at the expense of Rick. I loved Rick- he was a classy guy and didn't get into that alliance crap. Burns me that the clique won, and you just know damn well that Ada, Anna, and Elizabeth will all be gone if they lose the next three weeks.

Ditto here. I was rooting for Rick as he struck from the very beginning as a very nice person. IMHO, he looked the worst of the whole bunch. I am not saying that he needed to lose the weight any more than the others, it's just that the weight on him accumulated mostly in his midsection in the form of a huge spare tire (although this made him a bigger risk for something like heart attack? visceral fat and all that jazz).
I am blown away by how nicely he did on his own. Yay to Rick!! :carrot:
He has such a lovely wife - and she is so delightfully lean (I envy her LOL).

I admit that I never had the hots for Brendan but his reasoning why he decide to vote off Rick made me furious. I just hope that one day Frado will kick HIM off the island because he would turn to be a big threat or something. The sooner both of them (Frado and Brendan) go, the better. But unfortunately, it will be a while.

I am on the fence regarding Ada. I admired her for having such good results so far, but her constant harping about Elizabeth really put me off.
And speaking of Elizabeth - I have been keeping my fingers crossed for her, due to her asthma being an extra hurdle. By the way, how did you ladies feel when Jillian started playing shrink in one of the previous episodes and told Elizabeth that her asthma is all in her head. Did anybody buy it???

Anna - I really like her. I had no idea she and the others who were brought in trained somewhere (all I know is from watching teh show - which is hardly an entire episode - and from you guys post here) but I guess the training was not as gruelling as on the ranch, which is totally understandable. I hope she will be able to keep pace - I think she made a mistake by joining the black team but of course she could have known.

Ilene
10-20-2010, 01:57 PM
Jojo
You can watch US tv shows on fastpasstv.com for free. It might take a day or two for the current episode to appear.I'm in Ontario also but can't seem to watch without registering my cell phone number to win an ipod :shrug: is this a must do to watch a video?

eclipse
10-20-2010, 02:00 PM
By the way, how did you ladies feel when Jillian started playing shrink in one of the previous episodes and told Elizabeth that her asthma is all in her head. Did anybody buy it???

Honestly, that made me almost want to throw up. Jillian should stick to training. She's not a freaking doctor and has no idea how it feels to have an asthma attack and not be able to breathe. My best friend growing up had exercise induced asthma and had to be very careful about how she got her exercise and always had an inhaler in arms reach in PE class, etc. She was in great shape, but she had to be careful. And Elizabeth looked and sounded just like she did when she had an asthma attack. So. Jillian needs to STFU about it.

julie99s
10-20-2010, 03:18 PM
Now that I've seen the bulk of it on hulu, I'll throw in my 2 cents.

I'm sick of Ada's attitude. Everyone loses at different rates. And the day she posts a 3 or 5 lb loss and someone starts wondering about her ability, I'll be sitting here thinking, well, that karma, it's a witch.

I'm sad Rick went home. He's such a sweet guy.

I never cared for Brenden. I dislike him even more. He can swear on anyone's life or grave he wants, but I'm not buying his "I didn't throw the weigh in" baloney. He can't get picked off soon enough. I hope Ada doesn't fall in with the boys' alliance.

In fact, the only way to be safe, I hope the blue team takes it all. That whole team is likeable, for the most part. The long brown haired one whines a lot.

I am proud of Frado for at least not seeming to throw it. I doubted he would stick to his word.

And most of all, I am sick and tired about certain people whining about losing only 5 lbs or 8 lbs or whatever number in a "week". In a 2 months of diet and exercise I have lost a whopping 8 lbs. What on earth do they think is going to happen in the real world when they have to go back to jobs, kids, spouses, etc?

Did anyone else notice how much Rick is working out at home? He said he goes in the morning for 1.5-2 hours, goes to work, works out for another 1.5 hours in the afternoon, goes home, and goes back to the gym for another 1.5 hours! Isn't the rule of thumb to do what you can commit to for life? I know he's trying to win the at home prize or whatever it is, but goodness. Totally unrealistic imo.

L144S
10-20-2010, 05:06 PM
rick is working out that much for the $$$ and who can blame him?

ringmaster
10-20-2010, 07:05 PM
I wonder how well Anna thought out giving immunity to Patrick. I don't think he asked for it, so it seemed odd she gave it to him and not one of the other girls.

Ilene
10-20-2010, 08:55 PM
I wonder how well Anna thought out giving immunity to Patrick. I don't think he asked for it, so it seemed odd she gave it to him and not one of the other girls.Yes, I thought it was a bit of a :doh: idea!

Jelbelle
10-20-2010, 10:07 PM
I wonder how well Anna thought out giving immunity to Patrick. I don't think he asked for it, so it seemed odd she gave it to him and not one of the other girls.

Especially because he's the one person with the "prize" bravado. As soon as he was the odd one out this big "everyone wants him" thing came out, causing all the house drama. Had it been Elizabeth or Jessica no one probably would have thought much ofi it. Odd coincidence...perhaphs.

maryshady
10-21-2010, 07:24 AM
There was an article in the local newspaper about the diet and exercise plan from the biggest loser. It stated that although the former contestants loss tremendous amounts of weight they held onto lean muscle tissue.

The part of the article that surprised me was:

The calorie connection

At the start of Season 8 of NBC's "The Biggest Loser," the contestants' resting metabolic rate the calories the body burns at complete rest was 2,679 calories a day. By the end of the season, their resting metabolic rate was 1,890 calories a day.

Although a large drop in calories is expected because the contestants are much smaller in size and require fewer calories to move around, this drop was 500 calories more than would have been predicted, says Darcy Johannsen, a researcher at the Pennington Biomedical Research Center in Baton Rouge.

"This is what we call the metabolic adaptation. It's the body's way of conserving energy," she says. "Their bodies fought to conserve energy in the face of the large energy deficit created through the combination of low calorie intake and huge calorie expenditure from the workouts."

This means the contestants are "at an increased risk for gaining the weight back if they do not continue to exercise and/or restrict calories," she says.

This large drop in calories they need to consume each day may explain in part why some former contestants have regained weight, she says.

The link to the whole article is:

http://www.thedailyjournal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=201010180305

Goes to show you all the exercise and lo cals still create a slower metabolism even though you maintain muscle or increase muscle mass. The deficit they are creating is just too large.

Wild Vulpix
10-21-2010, 10:38 AM
Don't forget that the editors of this show--as with any reality show--try to make villains and heroes out of the players. So it's really unfair to judge a whole person based on the editing done. I used to follow another reality show and one of the contestants on it kept a blog and she would blog about how much simple editing did to create wild and untrue stories. (At one point they made it seem like she and another guy were in a huge fight, when in fact, they were great friends.)

The interviews also take several hours, and the producers even prompt the contestants to say certain things.

For all we know, when a contestant says something bad about another, the question the producers could have asked could be "So why would ____ be an ideal choice for your team to vote off?" or "How would your team benefit without ____?"

You can't judge a real person based off their presence in a reality show! (ESPECIALLY what they say in the interview portions!)

Eliana
10-21-2010, 10:54 AM
Don't forget that the editors of this show--as with any reality show--try to make villains and heroes out of the players. So it's really unfair to judge a whole person based on the editing done. I used to follow another reality show and one of the contestants on it kept a blog and she would blog about how much simple editing did to create wild and untrue stories. (At one point they made it seem like she and another guy were in a huge fight, when in fact, they were great friends.)

The interviews also take several hours, and the producers even prompt the contestants to say certain things.

For all we know, when a contestant says something bad about another, the question the producers could have asked could be "So why would ____ be an ideal choice for your team to vote off?" or "How would your team benefit without ____?"

You can't judge a real person based off their presence in a reality show! (ESPECIALLY what they say in the interview portions!)

This is so true! Thanks for that reminder.

izzystizzy
10-21-2010, 12:14 PM
I have to say I am loving the new rules of the game :D

Shereta
10-21-2010, 07:05 PM
I read an article where Rick said what his at-home workout and meal plan was. Did anyone else see it?

He said he works out 1 1/2 hours in the am, then goes to work. After work, he works out another 1 1/2 hours, eats dinner and then works out another 1 1/2 hours. WOW.

He also said he doesn't vary his diet much and it looks like this:
B: eats a bowl of cereal,
S: fruit, bowl of fruit
L: sandwich or his chili (chicken breast and veggies)
S: more fruit
D: chile

How can his be possible? I know his motivation is that he wants to win th $100,000 for being the BL at home. But, wow.

Jojo381972
10-22-2010, 01:52 AM
Honestly, that made me almost want to throw up. Jillian should stick to training. She's not a freaking doctor and has no idea how it feels to have an asthma attack and not be able to breathe. My best friend growing up had exercise induced asthma and had to be very careful about how she got her exercise and always had an inhaler in arms reach in PE class, etc. She was in great shape, but she had to be careful. And Elizabeth looked and sounded just like she did when she had an asthma attack. So. Jillian needs to STFU about it.

I disagree on this. I think the reason Jillian said this to Elizabeth is because she noticed that she was using it to get away with doing less in her workouts. She was noticing that she was using it as an excuse and wanted to let her know. I think she was saying it to motivate her. It could be possible that she uses it as an excuse on a small level. Just my two cents.

Maryshady, that is a very interesting article. I just can't believe that some of them drop such huge amounts of weight on a weekly basis. It seems unhealthy in a way, doesn't it?

Oct2007: Thanks so much for that site. I actually was able to watch the last episode on there. You rock! :D
Ilene, go to the 'watch video' under the two big colorful buttons that say watch or download. It is the only way it worked for me.

Now that I'm up to date, let's just say that I was shocked that Rick went home. I didn't think he would at all. I was thinking that Ana would. She gave up immunity which could have easily lost her the game. I don't believe that Brendan didn't forfeit the game when he only lost 2 pounds. I don't trust him too much. The black team has a very strong team now.

I look forward to seeing the future episodes. I was happy that Ana was able to stay at the ranch. I thought it heart warming when four of the black team gave the blue team their letters from home. That was quite touching.

Oct2007
10-22-2010, 02:46 AM
You're welcome.
You don't have to sign into fastpasstv.com
Just click on channels , click television, click Biggest Loser and then a list of the episodes appear. Click On the episode that you want to see. A list of
torrents appears. Many of them say DIVX or
wisevid biggest Loser. Click on "watch this video". A new window will pop open. Just wait and a message will pop up " watch this video". Choose "yes let me watch it" an ad will appear and it will say "close to play". Click that and wait. Sometimes the videos buffer too much so pause it and wait 10 minutes or go back and choose another torrent.
If you choose a divx torrent click it and on the next page choose the free stream and click "hide the ad and play" and it should start up.

maryshady
10-22-2010, 07:07 AM
Jojo-I feel it is very unhealthy too. And the article proves it. They do gain muscle but at the cost of lowering their metabolism by 500 cals more than the average dieter who lost the same amount of weight. Imagine how 500 extra cals a day could add to packing on the lbs over a year's time if you didn't keep up with such a restricted diet and 5 hours a day of exercise. I love the show and I won't stop watching it but I do think it sends some wrong messages.

On the subject of Jillian: I have a brother who was born with severe asthma. Although I can't imagine what he goes thru when he is having an attack and can't breathe, I do know that he does use it as an excuse to get out of doing things he doesn't want to do or feels he can't do. Those excuses have gotten him to at least 500 lbs. So I do understand what Jillian was trying to do because I would love for someone to do that to my brother.

MindiV
10-22-2010, 07:14 AM
I think it's entirely possible Elizabeth uses her asthma as an excuse, even if it's subconscious. I think a lot of people do that type of thing. My niece, who doesn't even HAVE a weight problem, has asthma and played soccer for years. THEN her friends started pushing her to quit the "stupid" soccer team and get into dance with them. Her parents didn't want her to so she pulled out the asthma card and claimed she was having trouble. She wasn't. But she got what she wanted.

Maybe the same is true in this case. Wonder if Elizabeth is still having problems?

cherrypie
10-27-2010, 03:46 PM
again a surprise in who went home last night. But then it was to the blue teams advantage. At this point they should all be voting out the slowest loser and not who they think will be competition in the final.

Emma705
10-27-2010, 04:29 PM
I was surprised too.

fattymcfatty
10-27-2010, 04:51 PM
Frado needs to quit crying like a baby! He is really starting to get on my nerves

izzystizzy
10-28-2010, 02:16 AM
I dont know..... anyone saw some flirting between Lisa and Adam??

Anyway I didnt agree with their decision...Adam is a really good asset for the blue team in term of challenges competition...

maryshady
10-28-2010, 06:31 AM
I feel the same way. They really put their team at a disadvantage against the
Black Team. I also think they were stupid about the weigh in. Adam def should have used his pass and they never should have let the girl weigh in. She is really big and loses very slowly and has since the beginning.

maryshady
10-28-2010, 06:32 AM
Fatty-I agree. I can't stand Fredo. He gets on my nerves in the worst way. I feel like this is all a game to him and he will be headed for trouble when he gets home and he has to do this for himself and not the cameras.

QuilterInVA
10-28-2010, 01:50 PM
I have severe asthma and COPD and I exercise daily for 1-2 hours, lifiting weights, aerobics, treadmill, and bike. When you use your lungs more they improve. I have had asthma since I was a few months old and I am now 69. When, at the docs insistence, I started exercising, I couldn't walk a block without having to stop and catch my breath. I did a 5K last May. I'm breathing better than ever. People use asthma as a crutch for not doing things instead of trying to improve their situation.

fattymcfatty
10-28-2010, 04:34 PM
Fatty-I agree. I can't stand Fredo. He gets on my nerves in the worst way. I feel like this is all a game to him and he will be headed for trouble when he gets home and he has to do this for himself and not the cameras.

Exactly! He needs to work on himself. I feel he is losing it so fast and playing to win and not doing the mental/emotional work. I think even Brenden was getting sick of his pity party.

Jojo381972
10-28-2010, 05:34 PM
I was also suprised to see Adam go home last night. He should have used his pass last night. He kind of screwed himself over by no using it.

Fraedo annoys me as well, but I believe he has some serious anger issues. I laughed when he fell off the treadmill even though he probably hurt himself, I got the impression he did it on purpose.

MindiV
10-29-2010, 08:20 AM
I was also suprised to see Adam go home last night. He should have used his pass last night. He kind of screwed himself over by no using it.

Fraedo annoys me as well, but I believe he has some serious anger issues. I laughed when he fell off the treadmill even though he probably hurt himself, I got the impression he did it on purpose.

Oh he totally did it on purpose...same way I used to "fall and hurt my ankle" in PE in high school when I got tired of running.

Magrat
10-29-2010, 09:11 AM
I used to love the show and watched every season. In fact I have seasons three through nine on tape. But this season's starting format of the yellow line with half the contestants below, which was horribly horribly unfair to the women, really ticked me off. I try to watch the episodes on Hulu but can't seem to get through more than twenty minutes at a time before getting annoyed and switching it off.

And I honestly don't care a hoot about a single contestant this year. They're a mixture of douchebags and whiners.

I think I'm done with this show.

Steelslady
11-04-2010, 09:52 AM
I can't believe that Adam was voted off the previous week. I was so upset by that, I didn't post last week. He didn't deserve to go, nor did Rick the week before.

Why does Fredo get to stay week after week? I can't stand him. He gained 4 pounds, he even said before he weighed in that he thought he gained 6 pounds this week, yet this bozo doesn't get voted off? I'm truly disgusted with him and Brendan. Fredo should have gone home this week, not Anna! Anna worked her tail off to get back on the ranch, and worked hard to stay.

I used to love this show, now, it disgusts me. While I love Liz and am glad she stayed, I really feel that it was so wrong of them to send Anna home, especially when she accommodated everyone giving them the trainer they wanted during her first week back. She didn't deserve this. I have a soft spot for Liz- I have asthma like her and know her struggles. I know she's trying hard, and it's tough to watch her struggle like she does in all the challenges. At least she has a medical issue holding her back, what is Fredo's excuse? I'm sure either him or Brendan will be The Biggest Loser this year.

Most of the men on this show this year make me SICK. Just SICK. Game players and bullies. Eventually, they will turn on Liz and Ada, as they won't vote one another off. Disgusting pigs. This year's show can't end fast enough. Other than Adam, Rick, and Aaron, there really is no other guy I am rooting for now. Even Jesse sounds like a game player and a back stabber some nights when he's interviewed.

This years show makes me miss last years and the year before's shows. Different class of men on there...........

pink sparkle
11-04-2010, 01:22 PM
This is the first season I've watched TBL, so maybe it's because I can't compare it to previous seasons, but I like the show a lot. Even though I really don't like many of the contestants.

I have a strong dislike for Ada. She seems to have such a smug attitude about her progress compared to the other women's. I also dislike Elizabeth and Jessica. They both should have been voted off already! IMO, Elizabeth does seem to use her asthma as an excuse. I just knew her team would lose the marine challenge because of her. Every week I'm screaming at the TV for them to eliminate her. And Jessica seems to have a careless attitude. Anytime they're at the weigh-in and she has a really low number, she shrugs her shoulders and has an "oh well" look on her face. Like she doesn't care. Ugh.

With that said, the contestants I do like Aaron and Adam.

izzystizzy
11-04-2010, 07:16 PM
Didnt like the last episode.... dont know... but Elizabeth really annoys me, and she struggled so much during the challenge and than she says "i am so proud of my changes.." .. (where???) ... grrrr she gets on my nerves..

p.s: I am also a latina... but she... just... grrr

trekkiegirl
11-05-2010, 01:56 PM
I don't think Elizabeth's going anywhere soon, esp. once the teams split up and it's everybody for themselves. People will tend to vote off the stronger competition first, just like they did with Rick and Adam. That trio of men may act like an alliance but they are also each other's threats. They knocked off Rick and they'll knock off each other.

It seems kind of weird that they are halfway through the season. These guys are still pretty big.

I'm not liking this dangling of carrots in front of wannabe contestants, hoping to get on, getting so close and then getting sent home. Likewise, last season with the 2 teams that had to go home and come back, that one mom never got to spend a day there. I don't know. I mean, it doesn't seem like they totally abandon them (i.e., sending them to Fitness Ridge). I just wish they would pick the contestants and that's it...none of this making them pass another test or competition just to get on. There's just a cruelty to it.

Jillian and, in particular, Bob, come across differently on air now. More detached and, seemingly, more bored. I don't think he's been all that attached to any contestant (not even America's Choice "Bob and I have a special bond" Amanda) since season 7 (Mike, Felipe, Sione).

MindiV
11-05-2010, 02:53 PM
Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems as though previous seasons had one or two game players, some hardcore, hardworking people and the whiners that are always there. This season it seems as though there are two categories: Whiners and Game Players. That leaves nobody for me to actually like. I'm not opposed to a bit of game play, but they seem to be going overboard this season. I like game play with the bottom line of losing weight and winning. This really hit me a couple of episodes ago when they showed the guy who went home (stuck with me so well I don't remember any of their names) and is working out like 3 hours a day every day and is already thin with time to spare. This seems like a group that will do anything to "win" no matter how unhealthy it is, and they're not learning much at all.

maryshady
11-07-2010, 12:05 PM
Mindy-I agree totally.

runningfromfat
11-09-2010, 08:46 PM
I'm not liking this dangling of carrots in front of wannabe contestants, hoping to get on, getting so close and then getting sent home. Likewise, last season with the 2 teams that had to go home and come back, that one mom never got to spend a day there. I don't know. I mean, it doesn't seem like they totally abandon them (i.e., sending them to Fitness Ridge). I just wish they would pick the contestants and that's it...none of this making them pass another test or competition just to get on. There's just a cruelty to it.

I really, really hate that too! I wish they'd just pick the contestants and go with it. I seriously don't need the added drama, just the weight loss is interesting enough for me!

Oh, and ITA about Fredo/Brendon. Can't everyone else see how annoying they are? I was really cheering for Adam and was sad to see him go. Of the girls I'm not sure if I like any of the remaining contests right now. The stupid 50% of them being under the yellow line really made this season funky. I just wish it would get back to focusing on the weigh loss and the contestants themselves instead of keep trying to create drama.

fatklr
11-10-2010, 02:47 PM
Fredo and Brendan REALLY need to go!!! All of this game playing is really making me not want to watch this season of the show anymore. I was really upset when Aaron and Jesse were voted off, when clearly it should have been Elizabeth and Lisa! The best part of the show was seeing how well both Aaron and Jesse have done with their weight loss at home. BOOOO ON FRADO, BRENDAN and MARK for turning on Jesse!!!

fitkristi
11-10-2010, 02:50 PM
I'm so disappointed with last nights elimination. So disappointed.

cherrypie
11-10-2010, 02:51 PM
I loved it that they almost had a knockdown fight about it at weighin and the way Jessie called them on it.

runningfromfat
11-10-2010, 06:25 PM
Fredo and Brendan REALLY need to go!!! All of this game playing is really making me not want to watch this season of the show anymore. I was really upset when Aaron and Jesse were voted off, when clearly it should have been Elizabeth and Lisa! The best part of the show was seeing how well both Aaron and Jesse have done with their weight loss at home. BOOOO ON FRADO, BRENDAN and MARK for turning on Jesse!!!

ITA! I hate seeing how much this show has become about game playing. :( Although I did love seeing Aaron and Jesse at home, I was really impressed by their weight loss! :carrot:

Anyways, Jess definitely wins a gold star for the week, though. Losing those 12 lbs was really an accomplishment for her!

Jelbelle
11-11-2010, 01:51 PM
Granted I have my problems with Lisa and Elizabeth, and although I think it should have been them voted off instead of Aaron and Jesse, I thought it was really rude of Bob and Jillian to get all huffy and throw out their "enabling" speeches.

Honestly, what was so wrong about Lisa and Elizabeth's setup? They agreed as a partnership that Lisa would do the cooking, since she had that old diet in mind she wanted them to follow. It would have been a different story if they had done poorly, but they did amazing this week. Elizabeth pulled an 8. Really, I just wanted to reach through the TV and strangle Bob and Jillian. Elizabeth's a big girl, she can make her own decisions. And if it's such a crime for people to follow another persons diet well gosh, lock me up right now.

When Lisa made that comment about Elizabeth not being able to put anything in her mouth unless Lisa said, I think it was an absent comment made in jest. Probably not something she really though about, or considered the ramifications of and Jillian just went off on her. Don't get me wrong, I like Bob and Jillian, but I think they were wrong about that, and they did not have to make those girls cry and trigger even MORE drama. Especially after they at least pulled their own that week.

MindiV
11-11-2010, 02:58 PM
I didn't get what Bob and Jillian's problem was, either...I did fast forward a bit, but kinda took Lisa's cooking for Elizabeth as being because she'd been sick, rather than lazy or whatever.

Also...maybe I'm the only one but I didn't see what the big deal was with Lisa eating that dessert. They preach and preach on the show about developing eating habits that you can take home with you, and to me, the occasional splurge isn't THAT big a deal. She knew she wanted a good dessert, hadn't HAD a good dessert in a while and did what calorie counters everywhere do every day - she made sure to allow for the splurge in the meal. Everyone blew it way out of proportion, particularly considering her weight loss for the week. I can't believe they didn't go after what's-his-face, who deliberately ate nearly 3,600 calories to win. This season is all backwards...

Violin Jenn
11-11-2010, 08:04 PM
I agree with what everyone else has said about this weeks show, so I don't want to repeat it. This season is just not enjoyable to watch. It's more about game play and less about making those changes and seeing the individuals(personality and everything else) change!

luckymommy
11-11-2010, 08:12 PM
It's kind of funny that there's a Biggest Loser meal plan delivery service out there so it's ok for someone to make food for you, as long as you're paying for it and it's laden with sodium! ;)

I'll still watch though....I'm a sucker for a weight loss show. ;)

ckhmom
11-11-2010, 09:47 PM
I was down right angry when 1st Adam, then Jesse and Aaron were eliminated. I understand its a tv show and they want ratings and all but it was so wrong to eliminate the people who did well and worked harder than others.

I felt bad for Mark for not having the intestial fortitude to insist on voting for Lisa and Elizabeth.

Stop putting them in groups where one person can take another down.

Jelbelle
11-11-2010, 10:16 PM
Also...maybe I'm the only one but I didn't see what the big deal was with Lisa eating that dessert. They preach and preach on the show about developing eating habits that you can take home with you, and to me, the occasional splurge isn't THAT big a deal. She knew she wanted a good dessert, hadn't HAD a good dessert in a while and did what calorie counters everywhere do every day - she made sure to allow for the splurge in the meal. Everyone blew it way out of proportion, particularly considering her weight loss for the week. I can't believe they didn't go after what's-his-face, who deliberately ate nearly 3,600 calories to win. This season is all backwards...

That irritated me too. If she guestimated and calorie counted in order to save room for a dessert, no it's not that big a deal! Especially if she thought she could burn off the calories. It's one thing for someone at home to try and burn off a dessert (and I imagine it can be done just fine) but the contestants get more workout time than the average person per day, and so burning through those calories would have been no problem! And she DID do well this week!

RoseRodent
11-12-2010, 02:58 AM
I agree that it seems to be a bunch of nobodies this time around. I am in the UK so we are several seasons behind and I just watched loads of them together on different channels and seasons 7 and 9 were full of nice people, this is just idiots and whiners trying to win the money.

I want to slap Elizabeth every time the "I can't breathe, I can't breathe" thing comes out. I'm not sure her doctor even properly examined her before she ended up with asthma, they look a lot more like panic attacks. Every time she manages to gasp out "I can't breathe" I want to remind her that if you are talking about your breathing then you are breathing just fine. I wish they'd try her on a treatment program for panic attacks cos she needs to learn how to control those. Maybe there is a little underlying asthma in there, but not all that drama, she panics when she feels the merest wheeze and adds a panic attack onto her asthma attack but hopes the whole thing will go away if she takes an inhaler and it won't, she needs to adjust in her mind to realise I am talking therefore I am definitely breathing, my treatment is working, I am fine. Not to say that's easy, but you have to treat for what you really have, panic attacks can be terrifying but they are never going to go away with asthma medication.

Never mind, I'll take it over the UK version any day! I always wondered why TBL is not bigger in this country and now I know, it's absolutely dreadful, no personalities, totally wooden trainers, they don't work 1/4 as hard... and that's before you make room for the British mindset that obesity is not a problem here, it's an American thing. They spend too long looking to other countries and watching shows about a 600lb man and feeling angelic that they are "only" 300lbs!

izzystizzy
11-13-2010, 07:00 PM
Rose, dont worry... is not just you... I also feel like slapping Elizabeth..

she is sooooo annoying

maryshady
11-14-2010, 11:12 AM
I agree...Jillian and Bob always pick on people they know they can. Remember a few seasons back it was the crazy lady Tracy. How they got on her for playing the game, and the lawyer who supposedly lied about loading for the scale. But when Frado and Brenden game played this season no one said anything. Then they scolded the new girl for fairly dividing up the teams, no obvious game play on her part so let's tell her she is a fool! They just get on my nerves.

RoseRodent
11-16-2010, 08:11 AM
Or perhaps they pick on the people they can pick on to demonstrate that they still have a victim persona? People who set themselves up to be picked on in that way are less likely to see success in their future.

More likely that they picked on everyone and the editors picked out the most interesting reactions.

fattymcfatty
11-16-2010, 12:03 PM
It was nice to see Aaron and Jesse had success at home. I thought they looked great.

Violet73
11-17-2010, 07:59 AM
I've been watching every week this season but I must have missed the connection between Brendon and Elizabeth. He said last night he would never vote her off...why?!?!?

I think Bob hit the nail on the head (at least for me) last night when he said that the contestants aren't losing like they should. I know they have lost a lot but usually at this stage you can see tons of differences. Maybe that's why this season is kinda stalling for me. Although everybody looked better in their weigh-in clothes last night. I think they just keep getting larger and larger people that it takes longer to show their progress. I wish they would do a BL Lightweight show sometime!

RoseRodent
11-17-2010, 08:18 AM
I've been watching every week this season but I must have missed the connection between Brendon and Elizabeth. He said last night he would never vote her off...why?!?!?

I don't totally recall but I assume they came in through the same regional challenge, as both are from MA.

Ilene
11-17-2010, 08:38 AM
LeslieLou, a Lightweight BL would be very interesting, specially with folks with less than 40 lbs to lose... The competition would be fierce!!

I only watch this season every second week... two hours is way too much... one hour would be more than enough, they probably could put everything in one hour by not putting soooo many freakin' commercials...

cherrypie
11-17-2010, 11:10 AM
I was so sad to see Jessica go home last night. She was my fav.

and I thought they wouldn't vote Elizabeth off because there was no chance of her winning lol

I agree though, they don't seem to have lost as much weight as past season.

heck, that cousin and wife at home lost more than most of the girls there.

was glad ada had a good week though.

pink sparkle
11-17-2010, 11:54 AM
IMO, they won't vote her off because she's a whiny, "help me" type of woman. Some guys love women that time of woman. I think it's that and the fact that they know she's not real competition. They'd rather go up against her than someone like Aaron or Adam.

Glad to see Jessica gone.

trekkiegirl
11-17-2010, 12:04 PM
Anybody that goes up against Elizabeth in the elimination is doomed.

I knew Ada was safe cuz I got my TV Guide yesterday and it shows Ada's makeover. But I remember seeing a young Asian man at the tryout with her whom I assumed was her surviving brother. I don't understand why that guy didn't do a video, or why they didn't ask her friends. IIRC, Tara's partner Laura was estranged from her mom but her friend did it.

I mentioned in an earlier post how weird that they reached the halfway point when these people are still pretty big. I mean, yes, I can see changes, but these guys are going to have do a lot at home.

I'm surprised that they are doing another Where Are They Now show next week so soon after the first one. I even checked to make sure it was new and not a rerun.

Tomato
11-17-2010, 01:31 PM
Trekkiegirl,

I was equally surprised when they announced Where Are They Now for next week.
I have very mixed emotions about this entire season.
I was surprised that Jessica lost only a pound but I know she was stressed out re Jesse's departure. It looked, however, as though she was putting more effort into exercising than Elizabeth.
I got all teared up when Bob told Ada that there is no video for her, and they tried to reach out to her parents a few times. Geez, I don't get that. What a family.
Frado is appears to be screaming at absolutely every exercise he does, what a baby.

Robin41
11-17-2010, 03:35 PM
It's an entire season with nobody to root for. The only people who seemed like they were in it for the right reasons have been sent home and all we have left are a bunch of guys trying to keep Elizabeth in the game so they can kick her whiny butt every week.

At this point, as long as Frado doesn't win, I don't really care who does. He's mr. good guy until somebody confronts him about something and then his true colors come out. I'm the big macho guy "don't screw with me" attitude has gotten very old very quickly.

I guess I'm rooting for Ada just to see if winning a quarter of a million dollars is enough to get her to crack a smile.

Violet73
11-17-2010, 06:31 PM
LeslieLou, a Lightweight BL would be very interesting, specially with folks with less than 40 lbs to lose... The competition would be fierce!!

I understand that but most don't come out and say it like he did so I thought there must be another reason..hmmmmm

Violet73
11-17-2010, 06:32 PM
I don't totally recall but I assume they came in through the same regional challenge, as both are from MA.

I was thinking that too but they are in different colored shirts.....so idk...

kittycarlson
11-17-2010, 06:47 PM
I don't like the contestants as well this year either. It's hard to feel close to them like Daris or O'neil last year. They all seem like "Melissa's" this year. I don't think they look as good as on other seasons but I'm not sure if it's because they are bigger because some of last years contestants were really big too. Did you notice the girls are wearing those fitted, nicely cut tops to weigh in now instead of the sports bras. They look a lot nicer. Plus a couple of the guys are looking pretty good too.

MindiV
11-18-2010, 07:45 AM
See, I don't MIND a little game play. I like the "good vs. evil" type stuff. I kind of liked what Melissa brought to the show...a little bit of intrigue. I think having everyone "good" is just as boring as having everyone "bad." But all these people are either whining or playing like they're on Survivor. Maybe it's more that I just don't feel invested in anyone this year. Maybe if I really liked someone, I wouldn't mind the game play. None of them are particularly likable though.

Violet73
11-18-2010, 07:52 AM
I like the ones that got eliminated better than the ones staying...although I want to see Ada succeed. She has had it rough being blamed for her brother's death when she was just 3 years at the time! crazy family. I hope she does well and proves to herself how strong she is :)

kuchick
11-19-2010, 06:28 PM
Elizabeth was originally "eliminated" when she collapsed at the step challenge. Jillian "saved" her later, and that's why her shirt is a different color than Brendan's. Aaron was the other "saved" contestant.

Jojo381972
11-20-2010, 08:48 PM
I didn't get to see this last week show yet. I usually watch it on Fast pass tv, as someone suggested to me on here, because i work at that time. This wee it isn't allowing me to download and watch it...grr!

I am pissed that most of the girls are gone. I really want Ada to win now. Guys generally lose weight fast than girls overall, so how they made the game, wasn't fair for the girls, especially when the girls were paired up like that. Frado gets on my damn nerves..lol.

BethC
11-21-2010, 07:17 PM
I just saw a commercial for this week... they have the makeover episode on Tuesday and a "where are they now' episode on Wednesday, where they bring back one winner who has gained their weight back. We've seen Eric, I wonder if it's him or someone else? I saw Alli briefly and she still looks great!

fattymcfatty
11-24-2010, 12:45 PM
I thought it was great that they gave the car to Patrick last night. I was really wanting to see Frado go home at last, so I was surprised to see Lisa go, since she was less of a threat.

BethC
11-24-2010, 07:19 PM
Looking forward to the Where are they now episode? tonight!

trekkiegirl
11-24-2010, 11:34 PM
Thoughts on Where Are They Now....

Mark Kruger is still seriously hot. Seriously. :p :cool:

Tara's still got it. Although I think Ali goofed and called her a Season 5 finalist when she was in Season 7.

Cool thing the Morellis are doing with their camp. Good for the Ronfather for sticking to it. Mike has actually bulked up a bit (building muscle) since this was taped. He remarked on his FB page that some lady made a remark to him about his gaining weight and isn't he disappointed in himself. Max is doing great!

Wonder why Michelle was MIA from the Winners' Dinner.

So...Bernie didn't marry the girlfriend he had at home while he was on the show...

Wish they'd make the older seasons available online. I'd like to see some of the earliest seasons.

Oh, and Mark is still seriously hot. :D

Violet73
11-25-2010, 09:09 AM
I thought Sione was HOT! Tara still rocks!!!!!!!! Ali still looks gorgeous! Being on TBL really is keeping alot of them accountable. I'm sure if I went on the show I would feel the need to maintain the weight loss all my life cause everybody is watching you. That could be a great thing! I have no desire to go on the show but I love watching it! Wish they would show marathons like they used to on TLC and Bravo!

cherrypie
11-25-2010, 04:38 PM
was it just me? or did most of the winners look like they had put on quite a bit of weight?

that proposal had me crying lol

Jojo381972
11-25-2010, 07:15 PM
I didn't see the 'where are they now' because I hadn't watched the last few seasons of biggest loser.

I am watching this season. It was really touching to see them give the car to Patrick. He can definitely use it with two young ones.
I really loved the makeovers! They all looked so hot! I wanted Frado to go home instead of Lisa, but I wasn't surprised that she would have went home. It sucked that she didn't lose any weight this past week.
I've really grown to like Ada, and I'm routing for her to win.

does anyone else have someone they want to win?

cherrypie
11-25-2010, 07:34 PM
Ada is pretty much the most sypathetic person there. I would have been happy with either fredo or lisa going home.

MindiV
11-26-2010, 09:40 AM
was it just me? or did most of the winners look like they had put on quite a bit of weight?

I noticed the same thing with some of them...either put on a little weight or started bulking up. Not really sure. maybe it just seems like they're bigger than they were at the finale since some of them were smaller than they maybe should have been or were able to maintain at that time.

babygrant
11-26-2010, 07:54 PM
I'm really rooting for Ada. She has awesome physical stamina! She is so strong and it makes me so sad thinking about the lack fo family support that she receives. I really hope her parents watch the show, see how hurt she is and smarten up! I can't imagine not knowing my parents loved me, not having the support at home. She'd mentioned a couple weeks ago that her parents told her "come home 100 lbs lighter or dont come home at all". That is horrible.

Magrat
11-28-2010, 09:20 AM
I noticed the same thing with some of them...either put on a little weight or started bulking up. Not really sure. maybe it just seems like they're bigger than they were at the finale since some of them were smaller than they maybe should have been or were able to maintain at that time.

Well, since most, if not all, of the winners are seriously dehydrated at the finale it's not surprising that they put some weight back on.

katy trail
11-28-2010, 09:55 AM
i did,t like the makeover section of the episode. well the runway part anyway. i didn't see the whole thing, but putting it on the runway made it such a big deal, so time consuming. both as taking too much time from w/o's and too much time in the show. they always spend so much time on sponsors, game playing. i like watching the challenges, some of the w/o's and learning about being healthy. I want Ada to win too. Seems extremely unlikely. It was cool they got to see their family when they changed clothes.

Wild Vulpix
11-28-2010, 01:01 PM
Ada's been my girl since episode 1 :)

I have to wonder how she does it! It's obvious she works hard and is quite the competetor... but everyone looks like they work out hard, so it's difficult to figure it out. Does she really work that much harder than all the other girls, or is she blessed with some fantastic genes?

From what I've heard/seen, people of Asian decent are very good at getting/staying thin. My boyfriend's Asian, and he somehow dropped 30lbs by accident (went from 160lbs to 130lbs :dizzy: lucky son of a...)

KatVee
11-28-2010, 02:54 PM
Ada's been my girl since episode 1 :)

I have to wonder how she does it! It's obvious she works hard and is quite the competetor... but everyone looks like they work out hard, so it's difficult to figure it out. Does she really work that much harder than all the other girls, or is she blessed with some fantastic genes?

From what I've heard/seen, people of Asian decent are very good at getting/staying thin. My boyfriend's Asian, and he somehow dropped 30lbs by accident (went from 160lbs to 130lbs :dizzy: lucky son of a...)

I hope that's true since I'm Asian. ;) I do love Ada though. She seems like a fighter and hardly complains.

trekkiegirl
11-30-2010, 12:33 AM
I noticed something during the previews for tonight's show. There's a couple of shots of the weigh-in board when Patrick is weighing in. You can see he is the 4th person weighing in because there are 3 names up on the board already. I can clearly see all 3 names and especially the person in the #1 spot at that point who's definitely safe, since there are 2 names below. And I think most of you will be happy about who that is. ;) Even the person in the #2 spot at that point is good if he stays there. ;)

Double elimination tonight, we'll get the final four.

Ilene
11-30-2010, 08:42 AM
I noticed something during the previews for tonight's show. There's a couple of shots of the weigh-in board when Patrick is weighing in. You can see he is the 4th person weighing in because there are 3 names up on the board already. I can clearly see all 3 names and especially the person in the #1 spot at that point who's definitely safe, since there are 2 names below. And I think most of you will be happy about who that is. ;) Even the person in the #2 spot at that point is good if he stays there. ;)

Double elimination tonight, we'll get the final four.Wow, you're observant!! :bravo: .....I missed last weeks episode... Looking forward to seeing it tonight...

jackie58
11-30-2010, 05:55 PM
I love Ada!!! She is wonderful.

trekkiegirl
11-30-2010, 10:58 PM
Oooh, I forgot about half of them falling below. But Ada survived!

Is it just me who thinks these people are incredibly naive about the alliances? Mark has observed two things: the alliance of the trio and their constant saving of the weaker contestants. Oh, and as far as Mark being surprised about Patrick's not keeping his word, hello--Jesse??? It amazes me that not one of these people has ever said in the interviews that they know the trio was conning them. I mean, come on! Most we heard was when Lisa called out on Frado and Brendan using her as a placeholder. I mean, they knew. Heck, a few seasons ago with the Ronfather, it took a while but eventually the folks figured out what he was up to. These guys just seemed so gullible.

When Brendan was telling his students at the end that they could look up to him and follow in his footsteps...I dunno...they way he's acted all season, I just found that comment as cocky as his others.

cherrypie
12-01-2010, 02:01 AM
I can't believe they Voted Mark out. Cowards.

glad the trio is broken up though

go Ada!

MindiV
12-01-2010, 08:39 AM
Ada is beautiful!

Don't see Brendan sticking with anything. But time will tell.

Anyone else notice how they kept showing Brendan when Ada was on the scale, and Ada when Brendan was saying goodbye. Maybe hinting of something going on?

L144S
12-01-2010, 10:25 AM
I am nt suprised about keeping Elizabeth. The boys have done it all the way through, why should it be different now.
I hope Ada moves on from her family or they have done some counceling. I hope she can make the disconnect for herself and be the woman she wants to be. I hope Ada wins this, she would have won honestly.

jackie58
12-01-2010, 01:24 PM
I hope Ada wins also. Felt really bad for Mark he deserved to be in final 4. Elizabeth was used as a fall back the whole season, wonder how she does on her own, I hope she does great to show the guys up.

cherrypie
12-01-2010, 01:34 PM
I was a little surprised how little Brandon had lost.

pink sparkle
12-01-2010, 05:05 PM
Okay, maybe I'm just a b**** but am I the only one who watches this and feels like certain people (Elizabeth) will definitely regain the weight?

MindiV
12-02-2010, 09:22 AM
Okay, maybe I'm just a b**** but am I the only one who watches this and feels like certain people (Elizabeth) will definitely regain the weight?

I'm the same way....With a few exceptions, I don't think most of them have learned anything from their time at the ranch. Mostly game players.

fatklr
12-02-2010, 02:27 PM
Is it just me or does it seem that the contestants this season aren't losing as much and as fast as the previous seasons' contestants? I recall during previous makeovers, everyone is much smaller...whereas this season, not so much?

I believe that Elizabeth will not be able to keep her weight off after the show for long, but who knows...she may suprise us all!

Mark looked GREAT at home!

Wild Vulpix
12-04-2010, 10:44 AM
I think Elizabeth might have a fighting chance to keep the weight off. Her mother(?) has done fantastic at losing weight, so that means she has a great support system at home and someone to push her. I wouldn't be shocked if she didn't keep the weight off though.

I was so excited to not only see Ada win the challenge, but to see her BLOW everyone away. It was like she didn't have any competition :D I hope they show us the $25K home gym she won.

maryshady
12-04-2010, 01:02 PM
I thought the challenge for the $10,000 was at a disadvantage to the women. Rowing has a lot to do with height and upper body strength, no wonder the men beat Ada on that one. Was sure if it were a more even competition she would have blown Frado out of the water.

So glad that threesome is broken up. It disgusted me how Patrick tried to assuage his quilt by telling Mark he would have done the same thing if he were in his position. ugh! I wish Mark would have called him out right there. I used to like Patrick but I can't stand when someone tries to make themselves feel better by blaming someone else. You think he would have learned a thing or two about charity after what Ada did for him. Very selfish man.

I so agree about Brendon what a braggart. I am positive he will gain his weight back.

Go Ada!!!

seagirl
12-04-2010, 01:17 PM

I think she will. She already gained it back from her gastric bypass earlier. And she just seems so full of excuses and whiny.

I like people like Ada and Aaron and Jesse will keep it off. And Mark's cousin who lost 100 pounds or something at home.

cherrypie
12-05-2010, 12:15 PM
is it the finale this weekend?

Jojo381972
12-06-2010, 12:01 AM
I think it is crazy, but not impossible to think that all of them will keep the weight off. The intense regimen both diet and exercise that they have to endure at the range may not be as easy to put into practice at home. I don't think many of us could lose that huge amount of weight at home on our own.

I'm pretty sure many of them will keep with the healthy habits they have learned from the ranch, but i don't think losing that large amount of weight in that short time is normal by any means.

Go ADA!

Wild Vulpix
12-06-2010, 01:37 PM
is it the finale this weekend?

I don't think so. I think it's the semifinals. It seems like they're going to have another competition where two people will make it to the finales, and the viewers vote on which of the other two gets to join them. So there's only really going to be a final 3. At least that's how I interpreted it.

Becky Quilts
12-06-2010, 10:58 PM
I thought the challenge for the $10,000 was at a disadvantage to the women. Rowing has a lot to do with height and upper body strength, no wonder the men beat Ada on that one. Was sure if it were a more even competition she would have blown Frado out of the water.

So glad that threesome is broken up. It disgusted me how Patrick tried to assuage his quilt by telling Mark he would have done the same thing if he were in his position. ugh! I wish Mark would have called him out right there. I used to like Patrick but I can't stand when someone tries to make themselves feel better by blaming someone else. You think he would have learned a thing or two about charity after what Ada did for him. Very selfish man.

I so agree about Brendon what a braggart. I am positive he will gain his weight back.

Go Ada!!!

If the rowing and jump rope were switched Ada would have blown them all out.
I agree with what Patrick did -at some point there had to be some game play and Mark was strong. But like you I disagree with Patrick's reasoning - yes it was weak.

I'm rooting for Ada!

Jelbelle
12-08-2010, 12:14 AM
I'm not surprised that Ada didn't pull a big number at that final weigh in. She's looking very thin now, and her weight is getting very low, plus she's female so in such a short amount of time, I don't think it was very likely that she'd drop so much weight. It kind of stinks that she couldn't earn her way into the finale though. She never fell below the line, after all. I was on the fence about Ada at the beginning, but now I think she's the only decent human being on the show. I don't think Elizabeth deserved a spot in the final four. The only way she's gotten so far is because she was being carried. Carried people don't belong in final four, it should go to the people who deserve it and who have worked hard, independently, and who's work we've really seen. Elizabeth spent too much time whining and begging to be kept around that I failed to see any real progress on her part. Especially when they went back to her house and she had been "too focused on her move". Okay, well, I'm pretty sure she was aware that TBL wasn't over. Maybe she should have waited -_-

Okay. Enough ranting XD I really hope Ada wins the vote!

cherrypie
12-08-2010, 10:00 AM
vote for ada people

kittycarlson
12-08-2010, 10:20 AM
I was watching last night but not continuously. Did any one else get what Frado does for a living? Is he rich? I'm sure Ada will get voted in. I don't think
Elizabeth was very honest about what she was doing at home and I think that will hurt her. I was surprised that she was able to finish the marathon, also pleased, but I think Ada has a bigger fan base and over all was a more outstanding contestant. I think also she is the most likely to keep her weight off as I think she is in the best shape and was the most cosistant.

Jelbelle
12-08-2010, 12:00 PM
Did any one else get what Frado does for a living? Is he rich? .

I was wondering the exact same thing. For the state he was in, he sure does live luxuriously o.O Whatever he or his wife does for a living, I want to do it.

fattymcfatty
12-08-2010, 12:17 PM
I thought Frado works on Wall Street or does something with trading or in the financial industry

goodforme
12-08-2010, 01:49 PM
Hey, did any of ya'll see the times for the marathon last night? I know Ada beat her personal goal, but what about the others?

Also, any idea how much "real" time passed between the marathon and the weigh in?

pinkflower
12-08-2010, 01:57 PM
I tried to vote *for Ada* last night & this morning but it says voting is over....Is anyone able to vote online??? I don't want to text because it costs 99 cents, but I really want to make sure Ada doesn't get kicked off! I'll be livid if Elizabeth is in and Ada is off because she didn't earn it!

fatklr
12-08-2010, 03:47 PM
TBL Season 10 marathon finish times:

Ada: 4:38:46 **NEW WOMEN'S RECORD**
Patrick: 4:45:51
Frado: 5:51:13
Elizabeth: 7:27

Hey, did any of ya'll see the times for the marathon last night? I know Ada beat her personal goal, but what about the others?

Also, any idea how much "real" time passed between the marathon and the weigh in?

Jelbelle
12-08-2010, 05:00 PM
I tried to vote *for Ada* last night & this morning but it says voting is over....Is anyone able to vote online??? I don't want to text because it costs 99 cents, but I really want to make sure Ada doesn't get kicked off! I'll be livid if Elizabeth is in and Ada is off because she didn't earn it!

Yeah, I voted ten times last night via nbc.com at around 11:20. I had no problems at all =(

QuilterInVA
12-08-2010, 05:01 PM
I just voted online now. You can vote up to 10 times. I so want Elizabeth out of there.

pinkflower
12-08-2010, 05:14 PM
sweeeet!! Since you guys could do it, I went online with Explorer (I use Firefox) and did it with no problems. Talk about some bad programming on the NBC site lol. Come on ADA!!!

shoeluver67
12-08-2010, 06:02 PM
I just did my voting for Ada. She's my freaking HERO!!!! Elizabeth has been below the yellow nearly EVERY week and the only reason she got this far was because the guys kept saving her...there were people WAY more deserving than her. This whole season she has just been "getting by". I DO think it's ironic that basically Brendan was sent home because of her...if he had allowed her to be eliminated a long time ago, she wouldn't have been above him in that fight for the final four. KARMA! GO ADA GO!!!!

debbieOBX
12-08-2010, 06:58 PM
I so want ADA to win! i shall go vote for her now.

alyssarof2012
12-09-2010, 08:59 PM
Me voted for Ada!!

trekkiegirl
12-09-2010, 09:35 PM
Frado is a commodity trader at the NY Mercantile Exchange. He's blogged that if he does win, he's donating the money to charity.

I wonder if Ada's parents ever took responsibility for the fact that no adult was present when a toddler was in a pool, even a kiddie one. And I'm sorry, cultural (or whatever) stoicism aside, when you tell a child you wish they had died instead of their sibling...how's Ada supposed to forget that? And it's not like it was an isolated incident. They accused her of almost killing again when she had the car accident with her surviving brother. I get that they lost 2 sons and almost a 3rd but blaming their daughter and wanting her to trade places....I felt like the father said what little he did say on the show for the sake of the camera, like he was cornered into it.

lixximajig
12-09-2010, 11:06 PM
Ada is my hero! It does help that because I'm Asian as well, and suffer from the same issues growing up. My mom blamed me for being unable to leave my father because she didn't want me to grow up without both parents, but she consistently reminds me that it was my fault she was so unhappy when I was younger.

Watching Ada is kind of like watching myself - nothing is ever good enough for my parents, whatever I do, my parents won't be proud of me. Asian parents aren't as vocal about their love, and a lot of times, they feel that when they are providing for their kid, it should show enough that they love them, but we all know that... it isn't.

Watching Ada really made me cry so much. Even if she doesn't win this, I hope she makes it to the top three. She's really such an inspiration to everyone out there.

Ilene
12-10-2010, 09:49 AM
I love Ada too... I went to vote on-line but the only way to vote is by texting... I wanted to vote online :tantrum: ... But by the looks of it if everyone in the US is of the like mind as you gals, she will be the winner :bravo: ...

Jojo381972
12-10-2010, 10:57 AM
I think Ada deserves to win or at least make it over Elizabeth in the final.
I believe that she will.

I enjoyed watching the marathon that they did. How amazing was that! I love how far they have come in such a short time.

Jojo381972
12-10-2010, 11:03 AM
Ada is my hero! It does help that because I'm Asian as well, and suffer from the same issues growing up. My mom blamed me for being unable to leave my father because she didn't want me to grow up without both parents, but she consistently reminds me that it was my fault she was so unhappy when I was younger.

Watching Ada is kind of like watching myself - nothing is ever good enough for my parents, whatever I do, my parents won't be proud of me. Asian parents aren't as vocal about their love, and a lot of times, they feel that when they are providing for their kid, it should show enough that they love them, but we all know that... it isn't.

Watching Ada really made me cry so much. Even if she doesn't win this, I hope she makes it to the top three. She's really such an inspiration to everyone out there.

Aww. I taught in Asia for three years, and know how hard some of the parents are on the kids (and how high the suicide rate is). The work ethic is different than in the west. Ada is such a hard worker and deserves to win.

pinkflower
12-10-2010, 11:15 AM
I love Ada too... I went to vote on-line but the only way to vote is by texting... I wanted to vote online :tantrum: ... But by the looks of it if everyone in the US is of the like mind as you gals, she will be the winner :bravo: ...

are you using Firefox or alternate browser?? Try using Internet Explorer, it worked for me!! I dont' know how much longer the voting is open for?

fattymcfatty
12-12-2010, 03:01 PM
I'm sorry, I hope this doesn't sound too rude, but I think the only way Ada will ever be loved by her parents is if she grows a penis...

I'm pulling for her over Elizabeth.

I know it is definitely cultural for Ada and her family. I just don't understand how such a pioneering and beautiful culture can have such a back-assward thought process about gender.

Wild Vulpix
12-13-2010, 12:55 PM
I want Ada to win so badly, but I don't think she's going to overtake the boys in the finale. Patrick wants this really badly, and Ada seems like she couldn't care less about the cash prize and the title of the Biggest Loser. (In fact, I feel like she doesn't want to be in the spotlight and have to deal with constantly being a role model.)

I still hope she wins, but I don't think she will. This show is so unfair toward the female contestants and their inferior weight loss rates :(

MindiV
12-13-2010, 03:18 PM
I also don't think Ada has a snowball's chance, regardless of how much I'd love for her to win over the game playing guys.

ringmaster
12-13-2010, 06:02 PM
I don't really care for either of the girls, but I voted for Ada since it seems she wants to win more.

I was a little surprised how Elizabeth was slacking when she got home...moving in a short period of time, she wasn't working out and there wasn't that much healthy food in her fridge... I mean, so much money is on the line, losing weight should of been her main focus. Maybe she figured there is no way she is going to win so just slacked off?

SpaceCoconaut
12-13-2010, 08:35 PM
I love Ada! I voted, but I hope the vote wasn't for who you WANT to go home, like they vote in the show.

cherrypie
12-15-2010, 10:20 AM
Yay for Patrick! he looked great.

I was expecting Shay to be there

goodforme
12-15-2010, 10:33 AM
I was really glad for Patrick, and I thought Ada was amazing, but the big shocker was Lisa. She looked TERRIFIC!!

MindiV
12-15-2010, 10:35 AM
As soon as I saw Ada I knew one of the game players would win. I watched all the at-home people weigh in, then watched Ada weigh in and fast forwarded until the confetti fell on Patrick. Glad this one is over....

cherrypie
12-15-2010, 01:03 PM
the at home winner looked amazing too.

I was expecting more of a change from ada though from the last time we saw her.

Elowyn
12-15-2010, 01:12 PM
I was glad Patrick won. It sounded like his family needed the money. It would have been awesome of Ada would have won too. I think she needed the self esteem boost.

L144S
12-15-2010, 01:40 PM
and Patrick is going to work at wellspring which is the school where they did the show too fat for 15. good pay it forward AND I am sure it will keep him on track too :-)

EZMONEY
12-15-2010, 07:53 PM
Angie and I didn't watch this season after the first show...getting kind of old for us but she asked me today what ever happened to SHAY...

Wasn't Shay going to do the NY marathon with Jared from Subway for more $$? I know he did it....

anything on the BL show on her running it/progress?

L144S
12-16-2010, 07:05 AM
No word on Shay that I heard Gary.

Does anyone have the link for the interviews from after the final show?

MindiV
12-16-2010, 08:41 AM
Angie and I didn't watch this season after the first show...getting kind of old for us but she asked me today what ever happened to SHAY...

Wasn't Shay going to do the NY marathon with Jared from Subway for more $$? I know he did it....

anything on the BL show on her running it/progress?

I wondered the same thing...makes me think she bailed on the whole thing...

MamaP
12-16-2010, 10:24 AM
For those wondering about Shay . . . the marathon she's supposed to run isn't until May. The challenge wasn't for her to come back for another weigh in, it was for her to run a marathon. I think it was originally to run the New York Marathon this year, but according to her facebook page she is running a marathon May 1, 2011. Here's a post from her on her facebook page:

"I already did 2 finales! Cant keep showing up hogging the scale! Lol! Running my marathon in May 2011 and will tell you all how i do! Stay posted! Thanks for all the support!"

Krazy
12-16-2010, 11:20 AM
I really wanted Ada to win. I definitely thought she could have lost more weight than she did. Oh well.

Mark looked really good though.:)

MindiV
12-16-2010, 11:26 AM
For those wondering about Shay . . . the marathon she's supposed to run isn't until May. The challenge wasn't for her to come back for another weigh in, it was for her to run a marathon. I think it was originally to run the New York Marathon this year, but according to her facebook page she is running a marathon May 1, 2011. Here's a post from her on her facebook page:

"I already did 2 finales! Cant keep showing up hogging the scale! Lol! Running my marathon in May 2011 and will tell you all how i do! Stay posted! Thanks for all the support!"

Good! I'm glad she hasn't quit!!! :carrot:

EZMONEY
12-16-2010, 11:31 AM
Thanks for the info MamaP

Jojo381972
12-16-2010, 02:02 PM
I just watched the finale last night as I missed it when it aired!

Wow! Wow! Everyone looked fantastic!
Mark was hottt!

Patrick lost so much weight. I'm glad he won and he deserved it.
Ada did very well as did Fraedo.

I look forward to next season starting in January. It looks like a whole different show with them already picking who they wanted on the show, and different trainers that the contestants get to choose who they want either the new trainers or the old ones.

Eliana
12-16-2010, 03:47 PM
I really wanted Ada to win. I definitely thought she could have lost more weight than she did. Oh well.

Mark looked really good though.:)

Ada couldn't have lost enough a percent of her body to win. Her start weight was 240 pounds. 50% of that would be 120. At 5'6" that would put her at a BMI of 19.6.

Patrick started out at 400 pounds. 50% for him would have been 200 pounds. AT 6'2" that would put him with a BMI of 25.7.

This is where the competition gets largely unfair. You can lose more percentage if you start at a higher weight. :dunno:

I thought most of them looked fantastic! Lisa was a huge shock. I was very encouraged by their weights because they looked awesome at higher weights! I couldn't believe Lisa weighed in at 190! Her weight, Ada's weight and Elizabeth's weight really brought home the idea that strength training does a body good, but throws BMI charts out the window!

cherrypie
12-16-2010, 05:35 PM
I'm really hoping that with the new format next season and more contestants they have less time to show them puking and getting yelled at in the gym lol

runningfromfat
12-16-2010, 07:43 PM
Ada couldn't have lost enough a percent of her body to win. Her start weight was 240 pounds. 50% of that would be 120. At 5'6" that would put her at a BMI of 19.6.

Patrick started out at 400 pounds. 50% for him would have been 200 pounds. AT 6'2" that would put him with a BMI of 25.7.

This is where the competition gets largely unfair. You can lose more percentage if you start at a higher weight. :dunno:

I thought most of them looked fantastic! Lisa was a huge shock. I was very encouraged by their weights because they looked awesome at higher weights! I couldn't believe Lisa weighed in at 190! Her weight, Ada's weight and Elizabeth's weight really brought home the idea that strength training does a body good, but throws BMI charts out the window!

Yep, I figured Ada never really had a shot because she just never had as much to lose. She's my height so it was interesting to have someone to care with as the season progressed. Honestly, she has a bit of pudge around the waist but really, there isn't much more for her to lose so I don't think it was ever very realistic for her to win.

One thing that always makes me sad about the finales is the difference between the men and the women. It's just not fair how much quicker the guys lose! The guys all come out and are pretty close to their healthy BMI range whereas even though all of the women lost a ton (I think they all lost at least 70lbs or more, right?) most of them still had a ways to go still. Sometimes I really wish they would do a separate show for the women and the men (and maybe weigh-in the women every other week or every 1.5 weeks at least so they have more time). It just killed me to see all those women at the beginning of the season feel defeated all the time because of that stupid yellow line. I think it set the tone for the whole season. :(

Yep, and Lisa definitely gets the prize in my mind for the biggest shocker at the finale! She looked great for 190 (I think her height really helped to pull that off too!).

One thing, I wished, though, is that they'd catch up with the contestants again down the road because I'd love to see what they all look like at their goal weight.

Oh, one more thing!! It's interesting for me to see other women at my weight (there were quite a few close to 200). It's just crazy how differently all of them carried 200. Many times I'd try to guess someone's weight before they stepped on the scale and sometimes I'd think someone was certainly a lot heavier than another contestant and it turned out they were less. Granted, height has a lot to do with it but it also goes to show I have no clue how to guess someone's weight! :dizzy:

Wild Vulpix
12-17-2010, 07:03 PM
I absolutely agree, runningfromfat, that it's so unfair. :lol: Poor women! (To be honest, the reason I joined 3FC is because it has a LARGE majority of women, so we're all in the same boat.)

I'm pretty discouraged about TLB since, as Eliana pointed out, Ada didn't have a snowball's chance to win this thing. That's not so fair :) The women who have won in the past, turned out to be VERY VERY thin without an inch of fat to pinch (like an Olympic athletic body), but the men don't usually get down to that extreme level of fitness (not to say they don't get fit! They just don't look like Olympic athletes).

Did anyone see watch all the previews for the next season? They really are trying to get them bigger and bigger! I'm interested in seeing the former athlete play. Former athletes tend to be crazy-great at losing the pounds :dizzy:

runningfromfat
12-18-2010, 09:10 AM
I absolutely agree, runningfromfat, that it's so unfair. :lol: Poor women! (To be honest, the reason I joined 3FC is because it has a LARGE majority of women, so we're all in the same boat.)

I'm pretty discouraged about TLB since, as Eliana pointed out, Ada didn't have a snowball's chance to win this thing. That's not so fair :) The women who have won in the past, turned out to be VERY VERY thin without an inch of fat to pinch (like an Olympic athletic body), but the men don't usually get down to that extreme level of fitness (not to say they don't get fit! They just don't look like Olympic athletes).

Did anyone see watch all the previews for the next season? They really are trying to get them bigger and bigger! I'm interested in seeing the former athlete play. Former athletes tend to be crazy-great at losing the pounds :dizzy:

Ha, ITA about 3FC! ;) If DH actually puts his mind to it (not happening right now...) the pounds just melt off of him, for me it's a much bigger struggle! It helps too for him he craves salty food and not sweet so something like the south beach diet is perfect for him.

Yep, and good point. Michael last season had a long ways to go still. He looked GREAT but he definitely needed to continue with his journey. Patrick this year didn't look like he was in the same shape ADA was either. I wonder if they could set goal weights for the contestants and then see who gets their quicker or who gets closest and that picks the winner? But I still think separating by gender would be best (seriously because TOM can kill your weigh-in!).

Lol about the former athletes. I'm a former athlete (ok not professional but I did play college soccer) and I sure wish the pounds were coming off quicker. ;)

ETA: I don't think Jillian would EVER go for the gender split. I think she's throw a huge tantrum about it, actually... She really puts a lot of pressure on the women and except them to lose at the same rate as the guys.

cherrypie
12-18-2010, 11:37 AM
what if they picked a body fat percentage? like 12% body fat ( I just pulled that number out of my @ss I have no idea what an ideal body fat % is)

the person who gets closest to the goal wins? Probably not as dramatic as weighing them though.

QuilterInVA
12-18-2010, 04:32 PM
How do you account for the women that have won? Some of the at home contestants only lost 35-40 pounds - not even trying since most of that came off at the ranch. I predict Elizabeth will gain it all back quickly.

shoeluver67
12-18-2010, 08:15 PM
Can i just say that i LOOOOOVED how Allison said, "by an overwhelming majority" when she announced that Ada was going to the final 3. i have a feeling Liz was not only NOT a fan favorite of the TV audience, but the people that worked on the set as well.

And i'm with you QuilterInVA...Liz will put all that back on within a year...EASY.

seagirl
12-18-2010, 08:31 PM
Can i just say that i LOOOOOVED how Allison said, "by an overwhelming majority" when she announced that Ada was going to the final 3. i have a feeling Liz was not only NOT a fan favorite of the TV audience, but the people that worked on the set as well.

And i'm with you QuilterInVA...Liz will put all that back on within a year...EASY.

I noticed that too. And I think Elizabeth will have the weight back on soon.

Yay Ada the Terminator!

runningfromfat
12-19-2010, 07:11 AM
what if they picked a body fat percentage? like 12% body fat ( I just pulled that number out of my @ss I have no idea what an ideal body fat % is)

the person who gets closest to the goal wins? Probably not as dramatic as weighing them though.

Hmm... but even that would be tricky because men have a lower ideal body fat percentage than women (http://www.sport-fitness-advisor.com/bodyfatpercentage.html scroll down a bit and there's a chart for the healthy ranges). You're also allowed to have more as you age...