Old 05-13-2010, 11:37 PM   #1  
In it for the long haul.

S/C/G: 275/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Exclamation 404 Error: Motivation Not Found.

Well, it happened. I hit the wall. It's been getting bad little by little, and now its not just back to same old habits, it's worse. I never remember binging like I have been for the last couple weeks. It has been awful... I can say without a doubt that the main reason has been emotional eating.. there has been a LOT of stress going on in my family. I tell myself that I am being self destructive and I am gaining back those 30 some pounds I worked so hard to lose, but somehow it just doesn't matter. I could really use some accountability, especially since I'm not going to find any in this house. I can has motivation/accountability/tough love/ whatever the heck else helps you guys make it?
Phoenix301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 12:05 AM   #2  
bex

S/C/G: 260.5/207/150

Do you have money to see a counsellor?
I would reccomend that.

Other wise how bout a journal? Write down what you're feeling, everthing that is going through your head. What happened to trigger how you're feeling, what you want to do, how you plan on solving it etc. (Can you tell I'm a psyc major lol). I'm sure you'll soon see a pattern and try and find an alternative to eating. Maybe everytime you start feeling bad you could post on here or go for a walk or something?

You can do it! Look how far you have come so far hun!
bex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 12:11 AM   #3  
I will do this.

The quote in my signature says it all for me:

"The shape of my body obeys the shape of my beliefs about love, value and possibility. To change my body, I must first understand that which is shaping it."-Women, Food and God

You must find out what in your life isn't working before you can continue loosing weight. In my opinion the amount of weight I loose is equal to the happiness and contentment I feel within my life.

Last edited by Taylor86; 05-14-2010 at 12:12 AM.
Taylor86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 12:20 AM   #4  
Carol

S/C/G: 172/159/140

Height: 5'6"

Phooenix,
You need to try, if at all possible, to distance yourself from people or situations that are causing you to binge. Even if you can only get away from the stress for short periods (take a walk, go to the gym, etc.) it may give you enough of a break that you can get yourself back on track with your eating plan. No one is exempt from stress; everyone has it,especially in this economy. You and your goals are very important, so don't let stress take away your dreams for a new you.
Cglasscock1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 12:49 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 265/TickTickBoom/ST-220

Height: 5'6

WARNING: slight novel

I gotta say, the title of this post made me laugh. Not the fact that you're lacking motivation, but just the whole name of it. Too cute.

Anyway, I started to see myself slip earlier this week. I was giving myself the excuses and everything. You've got to snap yourself out of it. Someone's signature on here says something like "It's not about motivation, it's about commitment", I think? I can't remember. Whether or not I have the quote right doesn't matter because the gist is still true. If you have to start yourself over by doing everything that got you down those first 32lbs then do it again. Throw the junk out (or give it away if you can't bear to throw it away), start reminding people you're on this weight loss journey, and stop excusing yourself from the gym.

Another thing, I'm a daily weigher. I have to be. I know if I only weighed weekly I'd be "good" for a couple days before weigh in, and then the rest of the time I'd tell myself it's okay, I have so many days to get rid of this salt/fat/calorie intake. It's definitely not for everyone. But it is an idea. Weren't you a daily weigher at some point? Maybe you can get back into that and that'll help you push past this slump...

You can has tough love... Now get to it!!!

Last edited by Gourmet Bean; 05-14-2010 at 12:50 AM.
Gourmet Bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 12:57 AM   #6  
Speechless and Redundant

S/C/G: 230/see ticker/130

Height: 5'3.5"

Like gourmet bean, I too am a daily weigher. It works for me a billion times better than back in the days where I weighed weekly. It works because you actually see your progress and get excited about it, and if you gained, its usually only a pound or two or so and it serves as a warning to keep on track.

What I do is keep a diet journal, not just of what I eat and exercises, but inspirational things as well. I have a whole page of "I'm doing this so..." where I write my reasons for changing my lifestyle. I also write little quotes and paste pictures of clothes and things I can't wait to wear when I get down to goal. Its like a diet-scrapbook.

The main thing is to get back on the wagon. You CAN do it if you work at it... The thing is that we all find motivation in different places, so you have to find what works for you. Keep going!!!!!
clickit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 03:23 PM   #7  
In it for the long haul.

I used to weigh daily until I started eating very poorly, especially in the last month - month 1/2. I started seeing the numbers go steadily up and I got depressed about it so I stopped weighing every day. The ticker is lying, this morning I was at 247.8. I am glad I am still in the 240s, its a far cry from 275..but I have let my habits progressively slip since January. That is when a lot of the stress really piled on. I live at home so I am constantly surrounded by everything going on. I want so bad to get out of this house on my own but I simply cant..i cant afford it, i dont have a job and I cant drive.

The obvious thing to say is 'Silly, you are 21, why arent you driving?"..and my answer is, at first it was just convenient and the insurance was better if I didn't drive as a teenager. Now that I so desperately want to drive and get away, its not that i can't but that I shouldn't because I may be having mild seizures. I am working on getting this checked out by a doctor, but I am no where near comfortable with driving with the possibility of having them. Also, bex recomended seeing a counselor. I am trying to get into the counseling where I go to college (its free) so hopefully there will be some relief in that sense.

As for my diet, today so far has been a good day. Just getting this thread started and reminding myself of how far I have come has helped me. I love the idea of a diet scrap book, because i tried just to journal everything I ate and that quickly feel to the wayside. I couldn't be bothered to take it out all the time and write things down. I am an artsy person and I totally go for all that inspirational stuff lol..

Gourmet Bean: I'm glad you found my title amusing, I didnt want to start just another 'no motivation' titled thread.
Old 05-14-2010, 04:51 PM   #8  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

First of all love the title as well.

I grew up with a lot of stress in the house and even after I moved out, right around your age at 21. I weighed 215 at the time. After a few months of living on my own I started losing weigh, it took me a year but I did it and I lose 50 pounds. I also learned to drive at 22 (almost 25 now). While this was happening the stress in my life was a lot less.

Stress was brought back in the family shortly losing weight after and I have had trouble losing weight since. At one point I probably gained close to half of it back. Even though I wasn't at home it effected me. Very recently I went to a counselor as well as some self help groups to help deal with my issues and learn how to deal with my family issues; it has really helped me a lot.

Sitting here now I am frustrated with myself for letting my emotions control my weight. Don't let it continue, put a stop to now and you will feel better - it will get easier. Believe me, you only feel worse if you drag it out.

Don't let what others say or do control how you feel. Only you can make yourself happy. This is something I really struggle with.

Sorry if I sound preachy I can just understand where you are coming from. I don't like shouting about my personal family problems on a public forum and I am sure you dont either. But feel free to PM me if you are looking for someone to chat with.

Last edited by sotypical; 05-14-2010 at 04:53 PM.
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 07:51 PM   #9  
Losing the baby weight

S/C/G: 224/183/140

Height: 5"4

I'm a stress eater, a happy eater, and a depressed eater. It's not easy, it comes out of nowhere; and before you know it, you've plowed through more food than you can calorie count.

Weigh yourself every morning, there's nothing more motivating then seeing the scale creep up daily. When I was being bad, I wasn't weighing myself. I was too scared to see what I was doing to myself. I finally got the guts to do it, and it motivated me to get back on track.

Come here and look at the goal albums, they always get me It's amazing seeing the progress others make, and picturing yourself there one day soon.

Look at a couple of those photos and don't tell me you don't think "I want to do that too!"
StephanieM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 03:29 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 249/175/149

Height: 5'8"

I could have written this post word for word. I'm going through exactly the same thing right now. I stopped weighing myself because I know that it's not gonna be pretty, with the way I've been eating and not working out at all. It's been such a stressful time lately and I don't know how else to deal with it except with food.

So I'm glad you started this thread. I know that we'll get back on track.. we just need to stop this downward cycle NOW. Good luck girl, I'm here if you need anything at all
kuhrisuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 10:10 PM   #11  
In it for the long haul.

I had a bad day today for dieting. I hada great weekend in that I got to hang out with my friend, something I havent done in over a month or so probably. Bad part was my eating. We went to my grandpas and fished in his pond, and brought snacks. I ate probably a half a bag of potato chips and pretzels combined, then I had probably a half a thing of milano cookies. I havent had them in years and I couldnt stop myself. If that wast enough, for supper we ended up stopping at a local dairy place. I got a shredded chicken sandwich, a peanutbutter malt and onion rings (swimming with cooking oil). Not only am i feeling sorry because of what the grease is doing to my stomach, but I also am feeling terrible about myself. lostinstaticx started a thread about having a bad day and I can echo that feeling right now, I feel like i could cry with all thats going on in additon to feeling stupid bout my food choices today. I just feel like melting into a blob...
Old 05-17-2010, 12:21 AM   #12  
~~Live And Let Live~~

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'7

I did the same thing a few days ago. My hubby and I went to the movies and it's just hard not to get popcorn and drinks. But then there's chocolate, nachos, hotdogs, etc. So I ate too much I know but then I did regret it. So the next day, I got up and decided that if I do binge like that, I have to punish myself and work twice as hard. Instead of doing things that I want to do, I need to work out. It's like tough love on myself. And it does help sometimes. But I know sometimes it's hard to actually get up and start working out after a day like that. We just have to make better decisions about our food. Instead of taking a bag of chips, pack a ziploc bag so you only have so much if you can't stop eating. My biggest thing is chocolate so now I buy the 100 calorie packs so if I do end up eating the whole box, lol i hope not, its not as bad as eating an entire box of oreos. just don't beat yourself up over your choices. cause like you said, your an emotional eater so thats only going to make it harder on yourself. just get back on track tomorrow and remember how you feel now when you want to cheat again.
cheer up! you can do this!!!!!
TaintedDiamonds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 08:24 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 249/175/149

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix301 View Post
I had a bad day today for dieting. I hada great weekend in that I got to hang out with my friend, something I havent done in over a month or so probably. Bad part was my eating. We went to my grandpas and fished in his pond, and brought snacks. I ate probably a half a bag of potato chips and pretzels combined, then I had probably a half a thing of milano cookies. I havent had them in years and I couldnt stop myself. If that wast enough, for supper we ended up stopping at a local dairy place. I got a shredded chicken sandwich, a peanutbutter malt and onion rings (swimming with cooking oil). Not only am i feeling sorry because of what the grease is doing to my stomach, but I also am feeling terrible about myself. lostinstaticx started a thread about having a bad day and I can echo that feeling right now, I feel like i could cry with all thats going on in additon to feeling stupid bout my food choices today. I just feel like melting into a blob...
I know the feeling. I've felt like that a lot over the past two weeks or so. I'm so sorry that you're having a hard time I know how overwhelming it can feel. But something to remind yourself: You can't fail if you don't quit. We CANNOT quit trying. Even if we mess up, we have to start fresh and commit to trying our best. If we don't quit trying, we will surely overcome all of these obstacles & reach our goals.

Last edited by kuhrisuh; 05-17-2010 at 08:24 PM.
kuhrisuh is offline   Reply With Quote