Overeaters Anonymous - Tonight confirmed my addiction

View Full Version : Tonight confirmed my addiction

MelAnnDoll
05-13-2010, 02:54 AM
I have been watching Ruby and reading some on the oa website. Considering going to a meeting. After work tonight I drove through Panda Express and when she was handing my order I asked for a 2nd fork. I asked for an extra fork so the person I didn't even know wouldn't think I was going to eat all that food myself! Crazy I know!

I am scared to go to a meeting, but I thought getting some feedback on here might give me the courage.

How often do you typically go to oa meetings? Is there any sort of structure for a new person to follow? Just wondering how I find out what I should be doing if everyone else there already knows what to do? I know I am totally overthinking this and I should just suck it up and go!!!

justbeu
05-13-2010, 10:27 AM
Hello,

It is good that you have recognized your problem. I could write a book on the things I have done in the past to cover up my eating. I have attended OA before and every one there was very nice. Just go!!! I also recommend the book by Geneen Roth: Women, Food and God. Excellent!!!

Jen415
05-14-2010, 10:04 AM
The important things to start with is to GO to the meeting! Your Higher Power will take it from there. There will be plenty of folk there to help you get started.