100 lb. Club - Trying to remotivate myself....

View Full Version : Trying to remotivate myself....

snowball1
09-17-2002, 01:10 PM
Well, after being sick for a week plus, I am finally starting to feel better. The dr. finally diagnosed me on Friday with Atypical Pityriasis Rosea virus & it is one nasty bug. It stays in your system for quite a while, so I'm looking at a long recovery, but the flu-like symptoms are finally starting to fade & the fever has dropped off, thank goodness!

Anyway, so know I am trying to get back into the swing of this diet thing. While I was so sick, I was just eating what I could keep down (mainly stuff that was not good for me, like fatty crackers & cookies!), & now I have to get off that kick. It's tough & I feel like I'm losing my motivation to do this...

So, in my effort to give myself a swift kick in the rear, I've come up with a couple of things that have changed for the better since losing weight:

~I'm wearing a size 18 pants now (in most styles; a size 20 in some, but still a great thing considering I started a tight size 26!) :)
~I no longer have to buy Just My Size nylons! I can fit into Leggs & the other "skinny" brands (granted, it's the Q size, but I couldn't fit into them 2 months ago at all!)
~My knee doesn't hurt when I walk up the stairs (which I'm taking practically all the time now!).
~I don't mind seeing my reflection in windows so much anymore :)

Hope your all having a wonderful, inspired day :)

lorelei1
09-17-2002, 05:09 PM
Hey Snowball!
I am glad you are starting to feel better. I bet you could have lost weight while feeling so sick. It's hard to gain when you dont feel good!:lol:
Your post was great on listing the things you have accomplished so far. You sound like me. I also was once a 26 and now am a size 20!! Yea us!:) I am starting to dress more trendy now. I have bought two pair of cute medium heel boots and feel so great about my accomplishments. I havent thought about the panty hose thing. I am sure I have a way to go on that front.

take care!!
laura

muelledk
09-17-2002, 05:55 PM
Snowball, first, I am glad to hear that you are feeling better.
Second, your plan and accomplishments are just great. You should be extremely proud of how far you have come. I think that you posted on another thread about taking this journey one day at a time. That is just great advice. It is hard to jump back into a plan after being sick, but you are a strongwilled person, and I know that whatever you set your mind to can be accomplished.
Keep your chin up.

Sandi
09-17-2002, 09:56 PM
i am glad that you are feeling better. I know you will get back in the swing of things in no time.

I realized tonight that you were where i was starting. You were 313, I was 311. You have come much farther than I have. I want to be where you are. You are very motivating!! :)

BA99TJ
09-18-2002, 11:22 AM
Snowball -

it's ALWAYS good to find other ways to track your success than just the scale!

You have done MARVELOUS!! Congratulations!!!