Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 05-12-2010, 11:00 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 152/149/135

Height: 5'9"

Default sore back timeline?

Hi I'm very new to 3FC and I'm hoping to get some feedback on what to do. I see my Dr. tomorrow morning, but in the meantime, I'd like to get some advice.

I'm on week 3 of Chalean Extreme (weight/strength training program). I'm LOVING it and really feel like it's one of the best things I've done for myself fitness-wise. But due to some heavy garden work in combination with the workout (and lifting my heavy toddler in and out of the car), I've royally strained my lower back

I did my workout this morning and paid special attention to keeping my abs tight and my back flat, but as a result, I can barely function now. Stupid, I know, but I just am devastated and *really* don't want to stop my routine. It took me months to purchase and start the program and I'm seeing some very positive results. I know that if I don't allow my lower back to heal, I'll be way worse off (my workout wasn't up to par this morning due to my trying to compensate). I just want to hear some advice from others who have had such a set back. DO I just stop completely? Do I find something else to do in the meantime? Do Ifind some sort of a back brace and keep on? I just need some perspective. How long until I recover? I've been doing some Yoga, but even Yoga is straining.

I've been icing my back (lower lumbar, left side) and I see an acupuncturist on Friday, but I hate to stop working out. I have goals and I hate to fail due to a stupid injury
Fit Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 11:13 AM   #2  
Ilene the Bean

STOP working out till you see a professional ! You could screw up your back and NEVER be able to workout again...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote