One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Default Tooooooosday

Starting Tuesday's Thread...
Old 09-17-2002, 09:05 AM   #2  
One Sick Puppy

Good morning everyone!

I don't really have a whole lot to say just yet. I struggled getting out of bed and was 1/2 hour late for work, but what can ya do? I'll try to do better tomorrow...

I'll stop back in later this afternoon and talk more.

Hope everyone has a wonderful, OP day!!

Old 09-17-2002, 09:23 AM   #3  
Duchess Tiger Lily

Red face Good Morning Jess!

I'm running late too, if that makes you feel any better. I have to thank you for your words of wisdom yesterday. You got my @ss back on track...thank you! I'm going to name you as therapist of the week!!!

Well, something else, an act of God, I guess, kind of helped. This weekend, I was completely PMSing and I don't know why but I went out and bought tons of chocolate. Chocolate covered almonds, Dove dark chocolates, chocolate covered macadamia nuts, Hershey dark chocolate and almond nuggets. Yes, I bought all of it because I was in the mood for all of it and not thinking very clearly. I didn't eat it all, but I would have over the course of the week, I'm sure. So I had the bag with some stuff to put away in the hall, and last night, as I was doing late night baby duty, I spilled the entire contents of a not covered tightly bottle into the bag and ruined all the chocolate. Serves me right. So that's no longer a temptation.

Have a class to teach at 11:00. THis is a lunch class, 3 year olds are supposed to be learning how to eat lunch at preschool, so that is good motivation to pack a healthy lunch. Part of the program is teaching nutrition and manners, so I am supposed to eat with them and model both. Some of these families were ordered to attend these classes by the court because their parents really lack parenting skills and need the parenting portion of the class, so many of the kids have no idea what any produce outside of an apple or orange is. We're going to do some fruit and veggie tastings throughout the year to teach them. This is a great motivator for me to model healthy habits for these kiddos!

I'll check back in this afternoon and see who else came out to play!!!
Old 09-17-2002, 09:23 AM   #4  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Jess, I'm sorry your day yesterday wasn't fabulous.... maybe today will be fabulous for you. Sounds like it was a rough one.

Was OP yesterday... yay. Finally. Worked out, swam.... I WI tomorrow.... we'll see how that goes. I think I finally lost all the water I was retaining.. but my boobs are still bigger... so I'm hoping #1 that they stay that way... and #2 the 2lbs that are still sticking around are all in the boob area (I can dream). We;ll see what the WW scale says.

Okay... what a day already... SO HUNGRY. 2 1/2 hours until lunch!

Lisa
Old 09-17-2002, 09:31 AM   #5  
Duchess Tiger Lily

Lisa, we were posting at the same time. I have a theory about your increased chest size. There is, as known well to pregnant and formerly pregnant women as well as nursing women everywhere, a booby fairy. She comes and visits in your sleep and you wake up with newly large ( and usually somewhat painful) boobies. I think she mistook you for a pregnant lady who lives near you and visited you instead. So somewhere there is a six-week pregnant lady who is pissed because she heard her boobs were supposed to get bigger to compensate for the barfing of early pregnancy. And that, my friend, is what happened.
Old 09-17-2002, 09:38 AM   #6  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Helllllloooooooooooo everyone. I am finally back from vacation. Actually I was back yesterday but was so busy and trying to catch up.

Well, I have been hiding lots of things lately. the 1st and you probably all have been wondering why I have been so quiet about it....

I'm Pregnant.

Yes I am, and so excited!!!

So 2... I am not on WW.

Oh well, it is worth it.

More later.....
Old 09-17-2002, 09:40 AM   #7  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Jayne, I have yet to get that early PG barfing thing. Didn't have it with Emma either. I threw up twice when PG with her. Both food related!!! I guess I am lucky. Tho the booby fairy has visited and hubby is quite happy with it!
Old 09-17-2002, 09:52 AM   #8  
Cockeyed Optimist

Morning Girls!

JenL - CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! I'm so happy for you - I know how much you wanted this. YEAH!!!!!

Jess - we've all had those late starts to days. Thanks for the info on the Wendie Plan. I don't have time this week (working 2 jobs 4 days straight) to plan variations in my points each day but I'm going to look over everything this weekend and maybe do that next week.

Jayne - the boob fairy? I practically shot water out of my nose when I read that! Teaching nutrition and manners to 3 yr olds would motivate any of us to eat better. Who wants to teach a kid their bad habits?

Lisa - good for you being OP. I've got to laugh over your excitment with the new boobs. I've spent my entire life since puberty wishing for smaller ones. I did a happy dance the day I realized I'd lost so much weight that they had shrunk 2 cup sizes.

Once again, thanks to all of you for your support yesterday, I stayed OP yesterday and packed another day of healthy meals and snacks so I guess I'm plowing ahead despite the scale.

I've got great news. My company just came through with a free condo and some great discounts on airfare and car rental so I'm going to be leaving on a week long vacation on the 28th. I'm so excited I can't stand it!

Must work.

Laura
Old 09-17-2002, 10:09 AM   #9  
Eve's Mom

Default I'm Back from Thailand!!

Hello!!!! I have not caught up on everything but I will try to do so in the next day or so, as my boss is still away until the 27th!! Yay!! I got a sarcastic e-mail from her before she left. Always appreciate that.... (note the bitterness).

Well, Thailand was GREAT. We had a really really good time. There was only one bad thing, which was a 17 hour bus ride from Bangkok to Phuket (supposed to be 13 but was straight from ****, and then they wanted more $ out of us to take us to our partucular beach). The food was great, the snorkeling was great (I got burned for the first time in my life although I was wearing 45 sunblock) and we saw a lot of buddhist monuments and did elephant rides, etc. Its very scenic. The flipside is the extreme poverty and the stray dogs and cats (which was SO HARD for me to not take them home with me) and that the merchants and tourism people, taxi and tuk tuk drivers, etc, saw us as walking money. They approached us agressively, tried to overcharge us, etc. By the second week b/f was good about bartering them down and saying no to their faces. Our Canadian politeness quickly diminished. Also, we found that other tourists were obnoxious some of the time (a group of young anglophones almost drove us NUTS in our hotel on Krabi beach - they were loud and rude to the local people).

We were happy to be home though, and sleep in our own bed. Of course, our time is all messed up. I was up at 3am this morning, wide awake. I didnt' come into work until 7am though. I'll be dead tired by 4pm. Its hard adjusting!

I lost 2 lbs while there (weighed in yesterday) which shocked me because we took taxis or rented a scooter for most travelling and we ate like kings!! All the swimming must have paid off!! Lucky.

Jen - CONGRATULATIONS GIRL!! I am so happy for you! That is a great secret to have from us. Hope you are doing well.

Hello to everyone else Lisa, Jess, Laura, Jayne, Kirsty, Ali, Kim, Kier and all who I missed. Must get to meeting.....agh!

Love Belle
Old 09-17-2002, 11:22 AM   #10  
Proud Canadian

Hi everyone. My car is in the shop so I'm ridiculously early for work and taking advantage of some guilt-free internet time.

Jen - CONGRATS!! That's so fantastic! When are you due?

Belle - It sounds like you had a fantastic time. Don't worry about the evil boss, you had a great break and that's all that matters.

Laura - where are you headed for your vacation?

Jayne - I'm found of the booby fairy scenario - If someone could catch her for me I have a special request...it's like I've deflated since loosing the weight - I want it back!

Hi Lisa and Jess and everyone else stopping by today.
My new job is great. The people are nice and there's so many of them that if some of them aren't nice, I can't tell. It keeps me very busy but also pays very well. My new living arrangement is nice too, a beautiful house and I have a room in the basement plus my own bathroom (with Tub!) and sitting room and I share the upstairs with a lady and her 22 month old (soo cute) and I park in the garage so that's nice too. And cheap so I'll save a bit and find a place completely on my own that I can hopefully stay in for a few years but I guess only time will tell. OK, Almost time to work so I better get out of here. I'm back to WW on Saturday morning I will WI for the first time in a while - then I'll change my sig to reflex the weight gain caused by my roller coaster of emotions over the past month. But at least I am going back!! I can do it!!!

KT
Old 09-17-2002, 12:13 PM   #11  
Cockeyed Optimist

Belle - Thailand sounds wonderful. Hope you recover from the jet lag soon.

KT - glad you checked in. I've been wondering about you. It's good that the new job and new home are working out but don't expect miracles in the WW arena - you've been through a lot and it may take some time to get back on track - that's OK - be patient with yourself.

And since, KT asked, I'm going to Newport, RI. There are about a dozen summer homes from the Vanderbilts, Astors, etc. in that area that have been refurbished. I'm going to tour them. There is also a topiary garden, some walking paths along the cliffs overlooking the Atlantic, and a 10 mile coastal train ride pulled by an engine from the late 1800s. Plus, the condo my company is ponying up, is what we'd rate as a 5 star resort.

Now must go see what kind of discounts my company will offer on the airfare and rental car.

Laura
Old 09-17-2002, 02:35 PM   #12  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

I am SO stressed right now... not much time to respond. I will say

Welcome back Belle!

Jayne - you crack me up! I love it.

Jen -CONGRATS. I'm so psyched for you.

KT - good to hear from you again.

Laura - they were big. then I lost 80lbs and they got SO SMALL. Now I'm on the pill and they increased in size a tad bit. Exciting!

I know these are short... but I wanted to let you know I was reading and thinking about you all... just busy.

Lisa
Old 09-17-2002, 02:55 PM   #13  
One Sick Puppy

Wow, so much excitement since I started today's thread!

I have to tell you guys: I got a little bored at the gym last night and did a little banana-dancing. Boy, did I get laughed at, but it was nice to do something different. I'm kind of thinking about resurrecting that challenge (however, I'll probably do the banana dancing at home instead of at the gym to lessen the risk of being institutionalized).

I have just a little excitement to share, too... I might be getting a house! Now, this is a pretty serious maybe, but I'm making an appointment to see it tomorrow night. I think it would be absolutely wonderful to have a house. My neighbors are so loud, and it's just a noisy part of town to live in--close to the main street, nestled between the police station and fire station, everyone has a dog that barks almost constantly and it's impossible to sleep with the windows open (which really is too bad because it's so nice this time of year). At the same time, I'm not entirely sure I want to move into a house because I'm still so young and it's additional responsibilities and oh my gosh, the expenses will be huge!

So, that's my excitement. I don't think it's nearly as exciting as Jen's news! Jen, that is absolutely WONDERFUL!!!!!!!! Congratulations! I'm so happy for you because I know there were a few difficulties along the way. I'm so happy I'm giving you a dancing monkey! (You know those are only passed out for the most exciting things!)

Jayne--Thank you for the award for Therapist of the Week. First, I'd like to thank my... Can I tell you something embarassing? I'm afraid that if I spilled a bottle on my chocolate, I'd just rinse it off and eat it anyway. Yes, I love my chocolate. It sounds like you have a good incentive for eating right--all those young minds to shape! Is there also a boob bandit who comes in the night and takes the stupid things away? I'll start leaving my door unlocked if there's any possibility of him/her stopping by.

Lisa--Today is definitely turning into a good one. So maybe I overslept and didn't have time for makeup, but I'm getting a lot of work done (when I'm not playing on here) and am in a pretty good mood. Glad to hear that you were OP yesterday. I almost was. I made lasagna bake and wasn't going to have any, but I didn't have anything else planned for dinner, so I went ahead and had some. I got some activity points for working out and dancing at the gym, so I'm guessing I just barely went over and making up for it today. Or, at least I'm trying to. Some inconsiderate person brought in chocolate covered popcorn (oh wait, that was me) and I've done pretty well keeping my hands out of it, but I have had a couple handfuls. The popcorn is air-popped, that should count for something, right? Ummm, I guess the right thing to say is congratulation on the boob blossoming...

Laura--The week that I received the Wendie Plan, I was too busy to take the time to plan all that out, but the week that I did I was glad that I had. I don't think that I could make that a permanent change in my weight loss efforts, though, because it's just too much work for me. (Yes, I'm lazy).

Belle--Glad to hear that Thailand was good and it's even better that you came back 2 lbs lighter!!! I think you deserve a dancing monkey as well--I went away for a weekend and came back 3 lbs heavier.

KT--Glad to hear that things are going well for you and that you're keeping your chin up. And you're right, you CAN do it! We're all behind you, kiddo!

Laura--Oh my gosh, that vacation sounds unbelievable! I am SO jealous. Are you going with friends or family or by yourself?

OK, I better get a little more work done. Oh, and by the way, I'm not stopping by the chocolate popcorn bucket anymore today. Now, hopefully when I come in tomorrow, I'll be able to tell you that I was successful.

Which reminds me (OK, I'm not going yet)... I was thinking about that today. I wanted that popcorn so bad and I was like "which is going to feel better at the end of the day--eating the popcorn or knowing that I resisted it?" I bet you guys have all been in a similar situation and know the answer. Now, if only I could remember that everytime I want to eat something I shouldn't... Maybe we should have a recognition thread. So, when you're tempted to eat something and resist it, you can post a note that says "I resisted .... ".

OK, now I'm really going to get a little more work done.
Old 09-17-2002, 03:02 PM   #14  
Eve's Mom

Default Picture of us

Here is me and b/f in Thailand on an elephant....I hope it works, its pretty small now....Belle
Old 09-17-2002, 03:04 PM   #15  
Self-Proclaimed WWDiva

Quick reply ...

Hi everyone!!!

Congrats Jenn!! How wonderful!

Welcome back, Belle!

Hello KT, Jayne, Lisa, Laura, Jess & everyone else!

It's a very busy day. Trying to stay OP & positive.

Talk to you tomorrow.
Closed Thread