Weight Loss Support - My First 5k

View Full Version : My First 5k

abreezies
05-07-2010, 11:35 AM
Ok...so I am doing my first 5k next Saturday May 15th. I just began my "lifestyle change" 4-10-10 and have only lost 11lbs so far (so I am still overweight). I have worked myself up to walk/jogging 2 miles at a time. Anyhow it is to support our armed forces and it is a walk/jog 5k. My 2 sisters are going to do it with me- they actually begged me to do it with them. A 5k is one of my mini goals, but I wasn't going to do it until I could jog the whole thing. I am a little nervous, but I am also very happy because I have a family member who just graduated from basic training and I am thrilled to be supporting him (along with many many others who are serving)! Wish me luck and :dust:

NiftyTink
05-07-2010, 11:59 AM
Good luck!!! I walked my first 5k yesterday and I cant wait till I can jog one! Go kick some 5k butt!!!!

abreezies
05-07-2010, 12:07 PM
Thank you...I am going to start walk/jogging 3miles at a time next week to help me prepare better.

Congrats on yours!!

blueridgegirl
05-07-2010, 02:45 PM
Way to go! I ran my first 5k in April and really enjoyed it. It's a great motivating event - at least at my race there were people cheering me on the whole route, and it's especially meaningful if it's a run for a cause you support (mine was a school for kids with autism). Don't worry about not being able to jog the whole thing - just pace yourself. The important thing for you first race is just to focus on finishing, not on time. Good luck! You can do it!

abreezies
05-07-2010, 11:23 PM
Thanks for the encouragement......I plan on doing a couple more this summer, hopefully I'll be able to jog at least a total of half if not all of 3 miles by the end of the summer!