Food Talk And Fabulous Finds - Roasted Green Beans

View Full Version : Roasted Green Beans

Karen925
05-06-2010, 06:53 PM
So I have been reading about roasting this and raosting that. GBs were on sale, got them, found a recipe on line and roasted them. They were amazingly delish. So glad I tried them, "Sam I am".

Which veggie should I roast next?

tommy
05-06-2010, 07:29 PM
Cauliflower, brussel sprouts, brocolli, and carrots are all great roasted. Peppers are popular- I just can't do the sweet ones or they talk to me for hours.....

bacilli
05-06-2010, 08:45 PM
All of the above, plus asparagus, zucchini, eggplant, parsnips ... if it's in the grocery, I've tried roasting it. I've yet to come across a veg I don't like roasted, actually. Our go-to dinner around here is whatever is in the vegetable crisper, sprayed with a bit of olive oil, with a generous helping of black pepper, roasted.

Karen925
05-06-2010, 10:16 PM
Wow. Cauliflower roasted. How long? It doesn't burn?

Wannabeskinny
05-07-2010, 10:24 AM
Wow. Cauliflower roasted. How long? It doesn't burn?

Oh my goodness yes, it's the only way I'll eat it. Cut into flowerets, spread in a roasting pan, pour in a quarter cup of water or lemon juice, season any way you like and then roast for 15 minutes at 375. It's still a little firm but I like it that way. If you want it a bit mushier blanch it first and then stick it in the oven.

RunnerChemist
05-07-2010, 01:20 PM
I also toss cauliflower in a little olive oil and add curry and a little salt. I love it!

All these things are good on the grill as well - asparagus can be tricky but one of my favorites!

In general I love roasted or grilled veggies because it seems to concentrate the flavor - in a good way.