Carb Counters - Coming back out into "public"

View Full Version : Coming back out into "public"

jillybean720
05-06-2010, 07:42 AM
Wow, it's been a long time since I've ventured off the Weight Loss Surgery section of this forum!

So, yes, I had WLS a little more than a year ago. Guess what: it's not a guarantee that you will magically lose ALL of your excess weight. It's gotten me from 308.5 the morning of surgery to the 207-209 range I am stuck in right now, so I'm SUPER happy to be down 100 pounds.

But, I've been in this weight range now for about 5 months. Time to buckle down and get the REST of my weight off! After all, I'll be a bride in October, and I need to knock people's socks off, right? ;)

I'm not really counting carbs, but I'm focusing on high protein with unrestricted fat, so my carbs will naturally be lower.

Is there a thread around here somewhere for daily accountability? I saw the "primal" threads, but I'm not ready to give up my artificial sweeteners and such quite yet!

koceank29
05-06-2010, 11:01 AM
Hey Jill, I am a member of the Primal thread, please join us, not everyone has given up everything, its a work in progress, but we are very supportive of eachother and would love you to join in. Congratulations on the WL, I know froma family member that WLS is not always the answer and is still a very difficult road to travel. I'm glad you're watching the carbs, that really seems to be the key, its amazing how many food have excess sugar and carbs in them that I never wouldv'e thought twice about before going Primal. Good luck to you!

srmb60
05-06-2010, 04:21 PM
Oh yes Jill! We'd love to have you hang with us!
I still love my diet coke. I still drink coffee ... We're not trying to be perfectly primal (whatever that is). We're just trying.

Fressca
05-06-2010, 05:40 PM
Agree with SusanB and koceank - the goal is to be 80% primal, so there's room for some tweaking. Groking is great!