Old 05-05-2010, 03:37 PM   #1  

Height: 5'5"

Default For all of us MRCers that are struggling...

There has been a lot of talks about how many of us are struggling so lets make a strong group of CAPABLE people who have succeeded, want to succeed and will succeed!!!

This program is great and over the lenght of a lifetime it is such a small part of the bigger picture.

I am vowing to all of you that I will stay accountable to you all. I will do what it takes and FINISH this.

I want to post here daily, maybe even more than that about what I have eaten, ways I have triumphed over temptations, progress on goals, worries, celebrations, and overall support...

Anybody with me?
daizy hotrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 03:40 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 320/ticker/197

Height: 5'2"

I'm with you.. Sounds like a good way to be held accountable to what we eat...
MEEZOOGIRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 03:56 PM   #3  
Now UC it! Now U don't!

S/C/G: 210/194/140 Rd 2 beginning 3/7

Height: 5' 3.5"

Sounds good Daizy. I know I have been in a mode where I just can't get through a day without doing something off program -- maybe not much, but I know this plan is sensitive enough to know that may be the exact thing holding back my progress, so here goes. I will post daily too. Thanks!

Last edited by Joy2MeNu; 05-05-2010 at 03:56 PM.
Joy2MeNu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 03:57 PM   #4  

I have been struggling with coffee. I HAVE to have creamer with it so today I made the switch to tea. Its cafenated but I have eleminated the creamer!!!

I am going to make snickerdoodles tonight. If you have never tried them they are great... 1 vanilla pudding, 1 egg, 1/4 c oats, cinnamon and splenda. You still have to add protein to the green menu but they are great for breakfast. I make several batches and usually have 4-5 cookies for 1 serving. I usually add 1 oz of cheese to complete my breakfast.
Old 05-05-2010, 04:04 PM   #5  
Now UC it! Now U don't!

I have become really bad about MEASURING my food, so I need to get back to doing so.

Also, really bad at keeping a FOOD DIARY, so here are two things I will get back on track beginning right now.
Old 05-05-2010, 04:07 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 165/151/135

I am so in...and I just went and got a pad of paper here at work that I am dedicating just to being a food diary. I will post here daily - starting tomorrow morning. I love it that you want to do this...I think it will help!!!
shenderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 04:38 PM   #7  

This is taken from the book Shrink Yourself... it fits me so I thought I would share.

"Many people report to me that as they're approaching their goal weight they often sabotage themselves and all of their efforts. They wonder why that is. It doesn't seem to make any sense. In fact, you may be able to relate to that experience.

The answer, time and again, proves to be simple: if you didn't have your weight to think about you might have to think about what's really bothering you, and that's very frightening, because I know that you feel powerless to change the things that really bother you."
Old 05-05-2010, 04:50 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 210.5/160/130

Height: 5'3"

i need to measure my food as well.
i drink decaf coffee, but need the creamer too. i do use sugar free and sometimes cut my starch for the meal. i am going to stop doing that because i haven't lost in a couple days. my goal was to be at 167 by tomorrow and was at 169.4 today. i have been chugging water and upped to 4 hns for the past couple days so i hope the scale moves. i want to be at 160 by may 17. overall 150 my july 1.
skinnyby25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 05:07 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 310/262/180 ish

Great advice on the snicker-doodles. You do like them? I want to try some for breakfast tomorrow. Also that quote from your book is just what I am going through this whole week. I had a huge loss last week and now this whole week I cant stop making little cheats! Today I am on program and my goal is to be 100% on after tonight! My hardest time is when my hubby is home and when we watch movies together. He was my eating buddy for so long, its hard to not be anymore. I have not fallen off the wagon hard. I have only eaten walnuts and banana chips.... but I would have preferred a frosted cookie, a cheese burger, and all my other old habits! But I want to do this! I want to continue going down! What a great post! So as I move into the evening I am staying on program all night. I can do this !!
Ang2877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 05:50 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ang2877 View Post
Great advice on the snicker-doodles. You do like them? I want to try some for breakfast tomorrow. Also that quote from your book is just what I am going through this whole week. I had a huge loss last week and now this whole week I cant stop making little cheats! Today I am on program and my goal is to be 100% on after tonight! My hardest time is when my hubby is home and when we watch movies together. He was my eating buddy for so long, its hard to not be anymore. I have not fallen off the wagon hard. I have only eaten walnuts and banana chips.... but I would have preferred a frosted cookie, a cheese burger, and all my other old habits! But I want to do this! I want to continue going down! What a great post! So as I move into the evening I am staying on program all night. I can do this !!
I LOVE the snickerdoodles. I mix one batch at a time so I get the right ingredients but usually make a whole weeks worth. The only protein is 1 egg so you have to add whatever the equivelent would be to total your protein. FOr the green menu I either add another egg (scrambled or hard boiled) or 1 oz of cheese.

The quote is hitting home for me. I have started seeing a therapist since joining MRC and a lot has come out in my life that I needed to address. This has been a huge struggle for me and I have definetly been self medicating with food.

The Shrink Yourself book looks great and I ordered it today. I'll let you all know how the reading is
Old 05-05-2010, 09:09 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 219/161/155

Height: 5'6"

This thread is a great idea!

I, too, struggled with not having a creamer in my coffee. I went for about three months without it and it wasn't too pleasant. I now use "almond milk" in my coffee and it's not great but better than nothing. I usually use just a teaspoon or two and it works for me.
thinknthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 11:10 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 193.0/185.0/140.0

Height: 5'1

I think we all have had or are having issues for whatever reason.. But this thread has really been great! They say there is safety in numbers, well I think there will be weight loss in numbers too! We can do this gals..

Cheers!

Ronnie
RonnieAdl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 06:33 AM   #13  

Height: 5'9"

FYI- I too have been added a non-fat powder creamer to my coffee and just a couple days ago I read the ingredients and guess what !!!! There is HFCS in it, ugh! No wonder...The lesson is for me to READ all labels...I have recommitted to myself today to begin the whole process again...it has been so easy to grab just a little of this or that to compensate for the fact I ran 5 miles...just excuses that are adding up on the scale...
GWE140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 08:36 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 320/ticker/197

Height: 5'2"

I have been so great all week until last night.. We went to dinner, and I had a plan to order grilled chicken and broccoli. I ordered a side salad and 2 sliders instead.. HUH??? Not sure why that came out of my mouth. Then on top of that, my daughter had a grilled cheese, and I ate 1/4 of that.. For some reason I just couldn't stop. I've been so great all week... I know it's just one meal but it makes me feel like the whole week was a loss..

That quote is great.. I hit the 50lb board a week ago, and since then have struggled to stay on program. We all know the program works.. Why is it so hard to just stick with it?

Back on program this morning.. Had my 2 eggs, melba toast, and a hot Cocoa. Good Luck Everyone!!!
MEEZOOGIRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 09:51 AM   #15  
Now UC it! Now U don't!

Default MRC Food Diary Sheet Attached

Just in case any of you might benefit from the MRC food diary, here it is.

--To gettin' serious for a successful summer 2010!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf MRC_Food Diary.pdf (49.6 KB, 130 views)