Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-04-2010, 03:51 PM   #1  
155LBS LOST

S/C/G: 300/145/140

Height: 5'3"

Default OneADay Woman's Active Metabolism

About 4-5 days ago I got my first daily multivitamin/multimineral supplement. I have heard all sorts of good things about OneADay Woman's brand and after going to the store and watching quite a few chicks pick it off the shelves I thought "it must be good" so I did the same. The first day I took it (made the mistake of taking it in the evening) it gave me energy, made me very awake, hyper...I'm guessing because of the caffeine in it, but I felt great!

Day two I felt a little different. From day two to now, I've been getting a very weird wave of "panic attack" or "nervous" type of feeling for no longer than 1-2mins and then just as fast as it comes, it goes. I DO take it with a meal. I'm wondering if its that caffeine? It says it has the same amount of caffeine as a cup of coffee. I'm so NOT a caffeine type of person, I've never drank coffee and soda is pretty rare as it is. But once that feeling leaves I feel great again and energized. I don't know what to make of it. I didn't get this the 1st day so I wonder if its just me actually having a panic attack or something...I was a little nervous about taking any type of pill from the start, even a multivitamin.

I would really hate to stop taking it though. Since starting it I've already noticed my skin and hair looking better, my weight is finally starting to move again, and I ultimately feel better during the day.

- Maybe when I'm finished with this one I should try one without caffeine?
- Has anyone felt like this after taking this multivitamin?
- Can not having a gallbladder have any effect on how a multivitamin is digested?
JennieLovesKisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 05:52 PM   #2  
I've lost over 15 pounds!

S/C/G: 242/225.5/170

Height: 5' 6"

Yes. I had to stop taking it. I couldn't sleep and was jumpy and nervous all the time. It was just too much caffeine.
fcmonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 06:16 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 234/222.6/170

Height: 5'6

I just bought some this morning. I didn't notice anything like that because I drink an energy drink every morning, perhaps...so I'm use to starting my day with caffiene. We'll see how it feels tomorrow. Your body could adjust though...
StuffedBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 06:21 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 150/148/120

Height: 5'2"

I take it, but I haven't had any problems sleeping or anything. My energy has gone up though. When do you take it? If you take it right in the morning, you shouldn't have any problems sleeping. And I never drink coffee, and if I drink pop it's caffeine free. I guess caffeine has a different effect on everyone...just listen to your body.
LaBonita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 06:36 PM   #5  
155LBS LOST

S/C/G: 300/145/140

It was only that first day that I took it in the evening and other than not being able to sleep I felt fine. These past few days I've taken it in the mornings with breakfast and thats when I get that "panic attack" type of feeling for a couple mins. Like I said it only lasts 1-2mins (feels like a rush) and after that I feel fine and later in the day don't have issues sleeping at all.
JennieLovesKisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 06:49 PM   #6  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Try just the regular OneADay without the caffeine. I'm pretty sure that's what it is... Or it may also have extra B vitamins, and some of those can make one a bit hyper.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 03:42 AM   #7  
Going, going, gone

S/C/G: 295/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

I'm with Jay on this one. I take regular One-A-Day because I'm not convinced the weight loss or metabolism boost really works or if it's all psychosomatic. I take mine with my first meal and I don't feel any different, but it's great to know I am doing something good for my body!

I've also had my gallbladder removed (at 14!), but I don't know how or if this changes absorption.

Last edited by asharksrevenge; 05-05-2010 at 04:09 AM.
asharksrevenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 08:07 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 186/155/maintaining

Height: 5'4"

I had to stop taking the Active Metabolism because they made me sick, even with food. I take the regular ones now.

I had some of the same symptoms you are describing with SlimQuick--anxiety, inability to sit still. I stopped taking it--we don't need these chemical supplements to lose weight, especially if they make us feel bad!
stella1609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 10:29 AM   #9  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

Oh the conflicted feelings I have...

I would love to just take a pill to speed up my metabolism, but my latest blood results reveal that my metabolism is good.

I really want to do this on my own without a pill, but gosh it's tempting...
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 10:36 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 234/222.6/170

Height: 5'6

Second day taking this multivitamin and all seems fine. *shrug*
StuffedBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 10:51 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 305/245/135

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by asharksrevenge View Post
I'm with Jay on this one. I take regular One-A-Day because I'm not convinced the weight loss or metabolism boost really works or if it's all psychosomatic.
One A Day was actually fined by the FDA in 2007 for exaggerated claims of the effects of it's WeightSmart product. I'm embarrassed to say that I bought it and hoped that it would magically help. From what I've heard the difference between the regular multivitamin and the "weight loss" version was basically the amount caffeine. That's it. So, your gut is pretty dead-on!

ETA: The WeightSmart version is different from this newer Women's Active Metabolism, just wanted to make it clear that I wasn't trying to say that WAM isn't helpful for weight loss. ;-)

Last edited by Viviane; 05-05-2010 at 10:55 AM.
Viviane is offline   Reply With Quote