Old 05-04-2010, 03:19 AM   #1  

Height: 6-1.5

Default Wow, starting to really see change.

Hi. For several months, I have been on a plateau as far as actual pounds lost. Same weight every time I weigh. Don't know why. I have been seeing a lot of re-shifting of my body fat though. I was thrilled to say that I saw in the mirror that my back is starting to shrink, and my upper arms. Most THRILLING of all is that I am getting my 2nd "belly fat Tie." Okay-- what is that? Well that line dividing the blobs of fat at the belly button is #1. Now I have an upper one, and that belly one. I am getting smaller all over. Surprisingly, I told myself that I did not care if I kept my big woman bootie, I mean, I am a girl, but the bootie seems to be going before the tummy.

I experimented all over the place with various diets and so on, and in the end found what works the most is to lower carbs, reduce the size of my meals, and to eliminate 1 meal a day. That seems to leave me enough food so I am not exhausted, and also lower my daily calories. Hey if it works, it works. I am in no way ready for a before/after picture, but I will have the neighbor take one for a "middle" picture.

Katy
giselley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 05:47 AM   #2  
I've lost over 15 pounds!

S/C/G: 242/225.5/170

Height: 5' 6"

Sounds like all your hard work is paying off. Thank you for posting your story, it always helps me to read posts by people who are making such great progress.
fcmonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 06:16 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 147/121/118

Height: 5'4

That's great to hear! I don't know how healthy it is to completely drop a meal, but it depends on how many you're eating to start with! It can be really hard when you don't see any weight loss - have you tried measuring yourself with tape? I keep track of mine every month and that's great for me!

Congratulations!
Belease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 06:27 AM   #4  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

This is wonderful!!!!

I am wondering though about your months long plateau. It is wonderful what you are doing for yourself, but as far as the pounds lost, well, that would be an additional wonderful thing. I'm wondering though, are you actually counting your calories. Because though it seems as if you're eating waaay healthy, perhaps you're still taking in too many calories. With all this hard work that you're doing, it seems kinda a shame to not see even MORE results, given how hard you're working at this. Maybe a couple of weeks of really, really tracking those calories so you can see how many you're consuming and then kicking it up a notch and taking those cals down a few and REALLY start to see some changes!!!

I look forward to hearing of your continued progress.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote