Old 05-03-2010, 07:47 AM   #1  
Old Skool Breakbeat Junky

S/C/G: 208/181.2/150

Height: 5'6''

Default Weekly Chat May 3-9

Morning Ladies!!!!

Man I feel like I've been so out of the loop cause I felt like poop all last week. I'm feeling much better, my cough sounds like crap, but I sound much worse than I am.

I'm so ready to get back to the gym (kind of LOL I know its going to be hard to get back into the routine) and getting those endorphins going.

Friday after work I went out with some coworkers and had a lot of beer and a bad dinner.... then there were some other not so fantastic choices and the weekend finally caught up with me this morning, but it's not bad.... and I'm sure working out this week will certainly help.

I hope everyone had a GREAT weekend. Mine was super lazy and it was nice for a change.

Here's to another on plan, kick butt week!!!!
Feral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 08:35 AM   #2  
Workin' on it...

S/C/G: 185/ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

Good morning! Boo to another rainy Monday...nothing worse than having to come to work in the dampness.

We brought the horses home on Friday!!! I am so thrilled to have everyone in one spot and to know that they are happy and well cared for. Toy is looking ribby, so I'm looking forward to getting some more weight on him. I'll give them both a few days to settle in, but then it's back to work for both of them.

I have discovered that we are literally 10 mins from the local hunt club, which has all local fixtures and is very welcoming to new members. They have been awesome and have sent me all kinds of info. Turns out the membership is about half of what we've been paying in our prior club, so I am just thrilled beyond words! They have invited us to a trail ride in June, so I need to leg up both Toy and Taylor, since my mom won't have the time of physical strength to get her back in shape.

With all that has been going on, I hadn't weighed at all until Sunday morning. TOM is due any day now and I know that I am retaining (my boobs are killing me! haha). I sucked it up and stepped on...165.4! DO WHAT!?! I am super excited, but chose not to weigh this morning. I feel like by weighing daily, I've been stressing a little too much. Maybe stepping back to every other day will be better...
MisplacedMyHailo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 08:54 AM   #3  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Good Morning, ladies!!

Feral I'm glad that you're feeling better!! I can't wait to work out again, as well. I'm aiming for tomorrow for that to start up again.

Lauren - yay horsies! What is a hunt club?

I woke up to my foot throbbing I have a massage today at 1, so I might leave my bandages on until then because I'm going to take a post- massage steam shower, and I don't want to waste first aid supplies
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 09:06 AM   #4  
Samantha417

Morning everyone!

Lauren - yay for the horses being home!!

Feral- glad you're feeling better, the cough is always the last thing to stick around...damn pesky coughs!

Stella- enjoy the massage, hopefully it'll do you some good!

Well I had a bad weekend again. I tried staying on task, but I was just bored...which is always a bad thing. My roommate made pizza too..So the scale this morning said 143.6...but I really think that most of it is water weight because this same thing happened last weekend and it dropped off so easily. I can't wait to go home cause I won't be influenced by 3 roommates. My mom's losing weight too so it'll be nothing but healthy foods! But back on track today...I know friday and saturday will be bad with senior bar crawl and graduation (possibly a dinner) so after that, it's a clean slate. But I've also started running again because I feel so great after. I do a 5 minute walk before, and then run for 30 minutes straight. I think by the end of the week I'll be able to run for longer...woo hoo!

Finals start tomorrow...we still have classes today which I think is ridiculous. Our school actually has a policy that we're supposed to have one day before finals where we don't have classes. Apparently they decided to throw that policy out the window!

My back pain is gone now, but it has been substituted with sunburn on my back. It still hurts enough that I can't wear a bra so I've been wearing nothing but dresses and tube tops all weekend long. Of course it's crummy today, but warm...so I can get away with it. We're supposed to be getting rain...everything is wet, but it's not raining now, and it should stop by 2. We'll see.

Have a great day everyone, I probably won't be on here until friday, so have a good week too!!
Old 05-03-2010, 09:19 AM   #5  
Workin' on it...

Stella - I'm sorry your foot is bothering you. The massage will help for sure...if nothing else, the rest of you will feel so good, you'll be able to ignore it. Also, I have to thank you for the heads up on the Roy's in Gaithersburg! haha We looked it up on the Blackberry when I had an appointment in Bethesda and hit it up. Delicious! (don't even start, Haley! ;D)

As for the hunt club business... We really enjoy participating in foxhunting. Before anyone goes all "animal rights" on me, please know that there is a HUGE difference between hunting in the states compared to Europe. For the most part, the sport focuses on riding horses to hounds in hunt country...like a really formal trail ride with lovely hounds. Heck, most of the time there aren't even any foxes to see! If there is a fox, it is in it's natural territory (not bagged and brought), with the object of getting it to go to ground or be treed. If the hounds are getting too close, they are called back, then restarted to allow for chase, but to give the fox plenty of lead time. I only know of two times when a hound got too close and couldn't be called off. (In those cases, though, it was quick for the fox.)

It's a lot of fun to get all dressed up and spend a day with a group in the woods and out in the fields. There are typically two groups at eat outing, called "fields" or "flights". The First Field are essentially those who go fast and jump. The Second Field doesn't jump. Sometimes there is also a Third Field (or Hilltopping Field) that goes much slower and just sightsees. This is more our speed. Toy loves the hounds, too, so he's thrilled to see them running with him.
Old 05-03-2010, 09:21 AM   #6  
Happily Married

S/C/G: 194/177/145

Its a nasty rainy Monday ICK I did get my day started with turbojam sculpt good 40 min weight training workout. Has anyone tried the crystal light new flavors like metabolism green tea and peach or satisfy hunger strawberry banana? I picked up one of each yesterday i had the hunger one last night with grapes and wasnt hunger afterward and trying the metabolism today both taste pretty good dont know if they really help anything or not.
I was up 2 lbs from sat morning i guess the ribs i had yesterday that were so yummy are the cause but i had them for lunch and dinner so i'm sure i was good calorie wise but i bet there was a lot of sodium in them.
Skinnybride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 09:34 AM   #7  
Old Skool Breakbeat Junky

S/C/G: 208/181.2/150

Height: 5'6''

Lauren - yay for having your babies back home!!!!! And YAY for the scale. I don't know how you are around TOM but hopefully you'll have a WOOSH after!!!

Soooooo fox hunting is basically getting all dressed up and pretending to be Europeans? [hahah I'm sure it's fun, I was just making a funny, sounds interesting though!]

Stella - I laughed at your picture on FB that you posted of your wrapped up feet. I mean, it's not funny that you have to wrap them but it was cute. Purple and all.... Enjoy your massage, I know you will!

Samantha - sorry to hear about your back and your sunburn! Burt's Bees makes this AMAZING after sun lotion. If you can pick some up this summer. I live by the stuff but then again I don't burn very often. Good luck on your finals! Aren't weekends the hardest to get through, especially when you're hanging out with your friends (and about to graduate!)?

Skinny - I feel ya girl! It's supposed to rain here at some point today... and it's nice and humid. Hooray!
Feral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 10:16 AM   #8  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Lauren that sounds like soooo much fun!!

Thanks, Feral. It's okay, I'm laughing at my feet
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 10:32 AM   #9  
Mary

S/C/G: 225/190/125

Height: 5'2" Age: 22

Feral - I hope you feel better!

Stella - I hope the massage helps!

Samantha - Good luck on graduation! I had sun poisoning last summer all down my back and legs and I couldn't wear a bra or underwear :C It was maxi dresses all the time for me lol!

Last week of classes before I take a 2 week break for myself (and 12 weeks until Mexico, woo hoo!) so I may not be around so much this week! I have a final project to finish.

Have a good day ladies!
platformnine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 10:34 AM   #10  
Workin' on it...

haha Feral - you got it...totally about getting dressed up and being European. Wait...I've noticed a pattern of my getting dressed up and playing pretend here...first the Colonial Farm and now foxhunting!!

I have always shown my horses as hunters, but the rings have gotten so political anymore. It's all about what barn you're with and who knows who. It has sort of taken the fun out of it for me. Foxhunting lets me have some of the formality of showing, but gets us outside of the ring. You are really riding...enjoying nature and time with your horse and people who want the same thing. It also lets you get onto some properties that are just FABULOUS, but privately owned. You see places you would have never even knew existed!

In other news, I have never looked forward to TOM so much! haha I am really eager to see if I have a whoosh, as I suspect is what happened last month! May is our month, chicky! 5 lbs to go for the 160s!
Old 05-03-2010, 10:45 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 285/195/175

Hey girls.
I'm so slack lately, but I'm here and I'm reading, I just have far too much happening in my life right now and its very overwhelming! But I just want ya's to know that I"m keeping up with the convo even though I may not be replying.
Hope you all had a wonderful weekend and here's to a bran new week!
Hugs to those struggling and high fives to those who are doing so well!!!
JennyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 11:10 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 290/Ticker/135

Good Morning ladies

Lauren- My best friend growing up was a member of a hunt club and did all that fun stuff... also I was out one day in Croom/Baden area (you should totally know where that is) and I saw people on a fox hunt...it was the best most funniest thing ever

Also hunt clubs have awesome parties

Stella- enjoy that awesome massage...

Jenny- just stick around so that you feel better about staying on plan...even if you dont have much to say were here for you

Mary- Good luck with the school work and I'm sooooo jealous of your Mexico trip... after I take the lsat the boy and I are going to take a little trip somewhere... not as cool as Mexico though

Samantha- Good luck with everything, glad the semester is almost over... however I promise you will miss it, and you will miss seeing those roommates everyday and even the quirks you thought you hated

So I weighed in at 191 this morning... I guess the boys house makes me skinny lol....

I have had such a funny morning but I'm learning to roll with the punches and so I havent gotten mad and I've just gone with it... even if that included being late to work because I had no clue what time it was lol

have a fabulous monday and I hope it hasnt been as crazy as mine
HaleyisLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 11:42 AM   #13  
Mary

Haley - Awww that's so awesome! Mexico is a family trip, but I do want to take a trip with my boy somewhere for a weekend A little bed n' breakfast down the shore would be awesome!
Old 05-03-2010, 02:05 PM   #14  
Workin' on it...

Samantha - Good luck on your finals! Nothing quite like the feeling of walking out after your last one... I really miss that whole "summer" thing. It's all so funny in hindsight. When you're a kid, school is so boring and you can't wait to get out. Oh what I would give to shake that little kid and tell her to take those damn naps...I could use those about now. ;D

Mary - Take me with you! I've never been to Mexico, but it sounds just fabulous. The beaches, mind you, not the skeevy border town drug dealing Mexico. lol

I'd like a vacation, too! I wish I could order up a week of 80 degree days, complete with warm sun (not hot), and breezes. Then I'd just stay home and play with my ponies all day and not melt to death or feel evil for making them work in high humidity. Someone could also pick up the river and drop that along my property line, then give me back that jet ski, we sold last year. Who should I take that up with? Does Santa work in May?
Old 05-03-2010, 02:44 PM   #15  
Mary

Lauren - It's awesome there, we stay in the Riviera Maya and it's gorgeous!

Mmmmm, I just made the most delicious sandwich ever for lunch! It was turkey and lettuce with roasted red pepper hummus on toasted pumpernickel bread. So good!