Old 05-03-2010, 06:05 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Default Accountability, menu, exercise, plans, etc - week of May 3...

Want a place to put down your daily plan, exericse, menu, a chat.... here's a place to do so. Please join right in.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 06:24 AM   #2  

Hi chicks.....I hope everyone had a good weekend.

I had a good weekend - quiet, but good. I stayed on my plan - always grateful for that. It's going to be a quiet week - need for my foot/ankle to be still so I can do my work next week. I've been able to manage with arthritis tylenol for the past couple days - which is good.

I have lots of veggies and fruit in the fridge...good!

today:
plan food, write down food eaten, measure food
stay in calorie range
eat seated, fork down between bites, no seconds
taste the food
feel fullness in my tummy
slow mindful eating
remember why
give myself credit when I do healthy things
leave a small bite of food
lots of water
gentle stretching, upper body weights

I hope everyone has a good day. Be kind to yourself.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 05-03-2010 at 06:26 AM.
Old 05-03-2010, 07:08 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 258/245.8/170

Height: 5'9"

Good morning!

I am very happy & thankful that I managed to have a completely on plan weekend. That hasn't happened in a long time. It's only Monday a.m., but I already have heard the little voice in my head go "yeah, you did good this weekend, but what about NEXT weekend? What makes you think you'll be able to do it again?" It's like I'm really worried about when my next failure will be. And I'm trying so hard to push that out of my mind.

Breakfast
oatmeal
banana
Total - 4 points

Lunch
Healthy Choice dinner
steamed broccoli
apple
yogurt
Total - 6 points

Snack
orange
yogurt
Total - 2 points

Supper
ham & cheese egg white omelet
whole wheat toast
fruit salad
Total - 9 points

Snack
Cheese stick
WW Ice cream sandwich

Exercise
40 minutes on the elliptical

Have a great day, all!!!
mingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 07:28 AM   #4  

Height: 5'7"

I had a great month in april..I was only off plan 2 days all month long!!! I am so proud of myself. I lost 4.5lbs for the month. I am so hoping to do it again this month. I know 4.5lbs in not alot but its a loss and I had a year of yo-yo-ing.
dgramie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 08:30 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Hello chicks! I hope everyone had a good weekend. I am trying hard to get in the habit of posting daily but it is hard to find time in the morning! I've decided I need to go back to calorie counting along with my plan for a while. Here's today:
B: 2 scrambled eggs with salsa, coffee with milk
S: mozzarella cheese stick
L: salmon cake and asparagus
S: skim latte, cauliflower and hummus
D: chicken and broccoli
S: NSA fudgesicle or skim cocoa

4 weeks and counting until DH comes home. That's good motivation, as well our trip to France to visit his family this summer, AND a 30year high school reunion in the fall. I've got every reason to stay on plan!

dgramie, congrats on your good month! A 4.5 lb loss is great!
Good morning Beverly Joy, thanks for getting things started! Hope your quiet week is just what you need.
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 08:56 AM   #6  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Good Morning everyone! I had a great weekend. Spend lots of time w/ family AND we were able to get our new living room furniture. Food choices weren't the greatest Saturday night because we spent so long arranging (and re-arranging) the new stuff, but I was right back on track yesterday.

Have a great OP day everyone!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 10:19 AM   #7  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

Going to do another .5 mile on watp today even though the rain is causing much pain!

today:

b: grilled cheese
l: chickpea patties, mashed potato w/ vegetarian gravy and corn
s: garden salad
d: bbq seitan sammich and fries

Last edited by lottie63; 05-03-2010 at 10:20 AM.
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 10:38 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 230/229/200

Height: 5'3

Good morning everyone! I have been MIA--busy, busy, busy! Kept pretty much on plan over the weekend, ate out with friends and did well with my calorie counting and portion control. I am going to wait a few days to weigh myself because I know the sodium needs to get out of my system or I will weigh heavy.

I need to take time to write down a grocery list which will force me to plan better! Up at 5am this morning to get to my 6am water aerobics class. Worked hard and had to pay attention because instructor added some new stuff--love it when she shakes things up! Waiting to hear from the private swim instructor. I am rewarding myself with swim lessons! Nope, I don't know how to swim so this is very exciting and a little nerve wracking for me. But, I've talked to a number of women he has taught to swim and they all give him a glowing recommendation. Can't wait!

@ Beverlyjoy--I don't remember what is going on with your ankle but I am so glad to hear the arthritis tylenol is working for you. I have arthritis in my knees and bursitis in my hip and shoulder so I always sympathize with those suffering pain. I hope you continue to feel better.

@ mingle--I hear you about the worries over failure. I think we all go there from time to time. I find that focusing on what I have done right is very helpful in replacing those negative thoughts.

@ Schmoodle--I'm so jealous of your plans to go to France! Someday I hope to travel

@ mj5--good job getting back on track! I bet moving all that furniture helped offset any off plan choices you made

@ lottie63--I'm sorry to hear you are in pain. I'm impressed at anyone who can work through pain, I know that I often can't. Kudo's to you!

@ dgramie--congrats on the loss! I think every loss is worth celebrating, so congrats![/
Have a great day everyone!

B-Protein bar, 5 prunes, 2 cups of black coffee
Total: 300c

L-steak, mixed veggies, red potato
Total: 350

S-cinnmon roll
Total: 400

D- pasta, red sauce, zucchini
Total: 400

Total: 1450c

Will update as the day goes on because at this point I have no idea what I'm having for lunch or dinner.

Last edited by ANewCreation; 05-03-2010 at 11:22 PM.
ANewCreation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 12:52 PM   #9  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Hi all. Hope everyone is having a good start to the week. I am not. I went up 2 pounds at today's weigh in. I know, I'll keep it in perspective, but I can't help being miffed because I did so well last week, doing some harder workouts. I might be retaining water or something (it isn't TOM), but it still is hard to take. Don't worry, I'll bounce back. Still went to Body Pump today and I'm staying on my food plan, but I'm crabby. I'll get over it later.
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 11:23 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 230/229/200

Height: 5'3

Tomorrow I have my first private swim lesson. I am nervous and excited at the same time.

Back later to report in on how it went....
ANewCreation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 06:56 AM   #11  

Hi chicks....happy day. The scale finally moved down to... 208. That's down two pounds from last week. I had a healthy day yesterday. So grateful for a sane food day and the scale moving. yay
I get to change my mini goal too - to 204.
I drank lots of water yesterday - didn't do any exercise, however. I will do some things that will not irratate my foot/ankle.

Today I am just doing some errands (non weight baring) - drive thru bank, etc.

today:
plan food, write down food eaten, measure food
stay in calorie range
eat seated, fork down between bites, no seconds
taste the food
feel fullness in my tummy
slow mindful eating
remember why
leave a small bite of food
lots of water
gentle stretching, upper body weights - I must

newcreation - hope your swim lesson went well! It's exciting to have a private session!

slash - good attitude about that gain - you know you didn't 'deserve' it - just your body doing it's thing. Don't be discouraged.

Lottie - be gentle on your pieces and parts - enjoy your workout.

mj - new furniture is so fun. Glad you got back in the swing yesterday. Carry on

schmoodle - good plan. You have some great incentives!!! Sounds good.

dgramie - down 4.5 last month is tremendous. You are doing great. Remember, slow and steady wins the race. (turtle and hare story)

mingle - a week on plan is so, so great. Don't worry about next weekend. Plan for the future - but, take it one day at a time. Carry on!

Shout out to Rhonda and anyone else stopping by. Have a great day.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 05-04-2010 at 09:57 AM.
Old 05-04-2010, 07:18 AM   #12  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Hi Friends,

I'm here...just trying to keep up with everything. I've not done well on the weight loss front. I need to learn that "special occasions" don't automatically mean that I can go off-plan. That one little night turns into a few days, weeks, etc. This is not helping me to reach my goals!

Today was weigh-in day. I maintained. It would have been a loss if I had stayed on-plan. *note to self!*

Have a great on-plan day.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 09:38 AM   #13  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Hi everyone! I am feeling a bit better today..yesterday was SO hot and humid and I just felt icky. My knee is still sore, probably a result of the furniture moving, but I am taking care of that. I skipped the gym yesterday, not the best idea, but I just felt ICK....no excuses today. I WILL be there right after work.

Have a great OP day everyone!!!!!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 09:56 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 258/245.8/170

Height: 5'9"

Good morning, all! Had a good night last night - completed 40 minutes on the elliptical for 3.2 miles. Felt great! And even managed to drag my rear out of bed to do a 40 minute Biggest Loser DVD this morning! As much as I hate getting up early to workout, it does certainly help set the tone for the rest of the day. I'm going to try to do it at least a couple of times per week.

Breakfast
oatmeal
banana

Lunch
Healthy Choice dinner
steamed cauliflower
apple
yogurt

Snack
yogurt
orange

Supper
sub sandwich
baked chips
pickle spear

Snack
Weight Watchers ice cream sandwich
light cheese stick

Exercise
40 minute Biggest Loser DVD workout

dgramie ~ Congrats on your weight loss for April!!

ANewCreation ~ How did your private swim lessons go? I think that's awesome!

slashnl ~ Good for you for not letting a gain keep you down!

BeverlyJoy ~ Congrats on your loss & being able to move on to a new mini-goal!

Girlygrilsebas ~ I hear you on the special occassions. I'm already half dreading mother's day... it means a meal out with DH's mom & sister, & another meal out with my mom & brothers. *sigh* But, that is what life gives us, I guess. If it were up to me, I'd happily stay in my bubble, just eating what I have planned & sticking to my routine!

mj5 ~ Good for you for getting back to the gym tonight!!

Hope everyone has a happy, healthy day!!

Last edited by mingle; 05-04-2010 at 07:15 PM.
mingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 10:15 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Hi chicks,
Yesterday was good. I stayed on plan and came in under calories. Still not doing well with exercise, but the thyroid issue makes me out of breath going up the stairs, so that will have to wait. I'm feeling some momentum and planning for another good day today.
B: Salmon cake, lima beans, coffee with milk
L Chicken/Avocado salad
S: skim latte, almonds
D: Spinach and goat cheese quiche, veggie
S: fudgesicle, ricotta dessert, or skim cocoa

Hi Lottie!
Diane, I'm sorry the scale is being mean to you. Just give it the cold shoulder until it cooperates!
MJ, hope your ickies are gone today.
ANew, your swim lessons sound fun.
BeverlyJoy, congrats on reaching your mini-goal!
Rhonda, well, look on the bright side, maintaining is better than the other option!

Have a great, on-plan day, chicks!

ETA, hi mingle!

Last edited by Schmoodle; 05-04-2010 at 10:17 AM.
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote