Faith Based Support Groups - CHRISTIAN ENCOURAGERS ~ May

View Full Version : CHRISTIAN ENCOURAGERS ~ May

EZMONEY
05-01-2010, 02:25 PM
Christian Encouragers

You've found a great place to come and vent, share or ask for prayer support. This is a great group who will be very encouraging, caring and loving....anyone is welcome to join!

A Servent's Prayer --

Jesus, My Jesus....How marvellous are your ways....
Far more splendid than my mind can envision.
What an honor to be chosen by you.
A lowly child I am, but empowered by the Holy Spirit to fulfill the great hope to which you have called me.
I give myself totally to you, Lord.
Take my imperfect heart and make it perfect.
Peel away the hardness.
Close the doors I have opened to the temptations of this world.
Gently remove the roots of painful memories, sins, doubts and fears.
Discard anything that separates me from you.
Lord, fill the emptiness with the light of your love that I might be a beacon calling the lost back to you.

To love as you love.....
To serve as you serve.....
To forgive as you forgive.....
Always mindful of my nothingness while doing great and marvelous things in your name and for your glory.
This I pray, Jesus, in YOUR name ...
Amen.

bargoo
05-01-2010, 04:52 PM
Christan Friends, Please play for my pastor Erik. I received an email from someone today that contained a vicious attack on this man of God. Pray for strength and wisdom as he walks thriough this time of trial.

Justwant2Bhealthy
05-02-2010, 02:04 AM
BARGOO ~ sending up prayers for your pastor, Erik for protection from darts of the enemy; that GOD's angels will protect him and guide him too! :hug:

:welcome: ASHERDOODLES ~ yes, my DH's memory issues could be a separate issue, but he does have the symptoms of poor concentration and not listening (thinking about what he wants to say next instead of truly listening); but that may also be a "male" issue so I am told: :lol: They do have trouble in social situations and sometimes inappropriate speech as do other Autistic persons as well. The symptoms are varied and wide and each one is different in severity ... regardless, we are praying for him for the memory and other related issues as well, thanks ...

KAREN ~ glad you have the house deal all done now; have a great trip back home (to your new home, I mean) ... ;)

GARY ~ hi

We had some :rain: showers which we needed for our greenery here but the :sunny: came out to shine for us this afternoon and it was glorious and very warm here; in the mid to high 70's today! Just having a relaxing weekend at home, but if the nice weather continues tomorrow we may go out for short drive somewhere.

Hope you all have a lovely Sunday tomorrow ... Rosebud :flow1:

Karen31
05-02-2010, 10:51 AM
We made it home safe and sound on Friday late afternoon. It sure was good to get home and off the highways fighting all the wind! Everything went fine and so happy that it is behind me now! Still up to my eyes in laundry now! Take care everyone and I'll get back later. Thanks so much for all the prayers.

EZMONEY
05-02-2010, 07:29 PM
HI GALS ~ :)

An easy week-end here :)

Angie and I did our Starbucks 3.5 mile walk yesterday then I did some vacuuming and laundry while she went to church for bell choir practice. After we both worked in the yard for a little while we went to best Buy and got a new TV we have been wanting for the family room.

We watched The Blind Side last night, a very good movie.

Vicar gave the message at church this morning on John 13:31-35....where Jesus commands us to love one another.

What is really cool about it is that John 13:35 is really one of the few versus I can remember memorizing! I did it when I was about 12 years old. We were on vacation at my grandparents in Illinois, they took us to their church, during the Sunday school hour I went to the class of kids my age....they drew a name out of a hat and if the kid knew the verse that they were supposed to memorize then they got a prize. Now the Sunday school teacher was very nice, she knew I may not know the verse so she told me that if my name was drawn I could give any verse I knew and I would win the prize...she assumed we went to church...boy was I ever glad my name was not called :carrot: But since I knew we would be going back the next week I memorized the verse of the class that week....

John 13:35 ~ (Jesus) "By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another."

Not a bad verse to learn if you can only remember one ;)

After church I paid some bills and rested while Angie went to a yoga class then when she came home we took the dogs out to the park where we are camping as a family next month. We wanted to check the spots for shade and make sure that about 20 of us will fit in the 3 spots I reserved....should be just fine....everyone is looking forward to it.

Well I have work to start the week...as I mentioned at the beginning of last week when I thought I was off....I just never know....my boss called me Saturday morning and wants to meet me on a new project tomorrow...at least it is close...40 miles away and an easy drive up the freeway without much traffic at all early in the morning. Still needing that break but glad to have work too!

Angie is making pizza dough right now in the bread maker...we will build our own pizzas tonight for dinner...yipeeeeeee!

Prayers and hugs for all ~ Gary

Karen31
05-03-2010, 08:58 PM
Hello everyone, I entered Ginger and Sissy in the "Greenies Show Us Your Pets Healthy Smile" contest. The website is: www.greenies.com and when you get there you can click on the city (Carthage) and you should see photos of Ginger and Sissy. You can vote everyday if you would like to. Just thought that I would share with you.

thinmintintraining
05-03-2010, 11:07 PM
Hey Hey everyone!! Hope you all are having a wonderful start to your week!

Things are trudging along here! I have been feeling a little down lately but I have made up my mind that I am going to keep going no matter what!! Friday is the big WI and measure! I am hoping for the -30 loss! All I need is 4 little lbs. It has been a while since I weighed so I may have already lost it!!

We shall see! :)

Bootsie
05-04-2010, 11:37 AM
Good Morning!
Everything here is going good and i just love the Outlook ministry, the girls are great! We have a 100 mile Club going for the next 12 weeks, a water count going also, which I really need for I don't drink enough, and my Leader is great! In fact I am in the B group and we have 5 Leaders and they all are great! They really believe in team work.Our Bible Study starts next week Balanced Living and it looks like a great one.

I called my brother last night and now he wants me to only call on weekends , because of minutes on his phone, (thought he had free calling after 7 pm, )which that worrys me him by himself at home , but I guess his friend will check in on him.
Hope everyone has a wonderful week! Sunny here all week! Water getting low once again.....

Justwant2Bhealthy
05-04-2010, 09:57 PM
:wave: HI EVERYONE ~ nice to see some of our ladies back in on our new May thread. It is so easy to get busy outdoors at this time of year; and we are too. We had a lovely day at our lot today; took up some more rocks and gravel for the entranceway and transplanted some more trees (pines and firs) to replace some we lost last year. Seems a couple of spots are not good for growing trees, so we avoided them; praying our new ones make it.

I cleaned the outside of the camper and that kept me busy today while DH did his stuff. We had :sunny: most of the morning then on the way home, we hit a :rain: storm; then five minutes after getting home, it was :sunny: again ... :lol: I do like this time of year anyways, a nice mix of weather, not too hot, and NO BUGGIES!!! :D

BOOTSIE ~ hope you got some more tanks/containers to hold water for the dry seasons; and maybe we should start praying for rain again ... ;)

KAREN ~ I tried to find your furry babies but couldn't figure out where to go on that site; need more detailed instructions ... :lol:

GARY ~ yeppers, we are supposed to love each other; and you'd think that Christians would know that by now, but ... :shrug:

STELLA ~ best wishes for your progress this week!

Tomorrow we rest and get supplies ready for the week. Hope you are all having a wonderful week and nice weather too ... Rosebud :flow1:

Karen31
05-04-2010, 10:17 PM
Someone else who lives in Canada said it kept directing them somewhere else and they weren't able to vote. But once you have clicked on "Greenies Show Us Your Pets Healthy Smile" contest. Then you can click on Photo gallery---when you are there just click on City and type in Carthage... then Ginger and Sissy's pictures should show. Let me know if it works for you..

EZMONEY
05-04-2010, 10:24 PM
voted again today KAREN...

1 for each pup now....

Karen31
05-04-2010, 10:27 PM
Thanks!! I think it is kind of fun looking at some of the others there too.. You should put your girls on there!! I'll vote for them!

Justwant2Bhealthy
05-04-2010, 11:43 PM
KAREN ~ I went there again and there is no "Greenies Shows Us Your Pets Healthy Smile Contest" anywhere that I can find. All I keep getting is advertisements, some tips, or videos or pictures. My Dh says that many US contests won't allow Canadians to participate; we have seen that many times before. Well, I would have voted for them ... :D

Karen31
05-05-2010, 12:04 AM
Thanks Rosebud!! Here are the two pictures that I posted there--- at least you can look at them.

Bootsie
05-05-2010, 12:29 AM
Karen , all I get is advertisements too and I am in Texas! Oh Karen they are so cute! That is car seats they are in? Should send their pictures to Jeffers for their catalog! I did not see anything about a contest on the web site just advertisements.
They had taken my brother to the hospital tonight for his blood pressure would rise then drop.
My brothers friend called me and he said that my brother had water around his heart and body and they gave him some medicine to get rid of it and sent him back to the nursing home until Friday then he goes home.

Yep Rosebud please pray for rain. I have tried so hard to get my husband to get one tank hooked up but he has not done it, I thought yesterday I might could hook a rope around it and drag the tank to the end of the trailer and push it on.:?: Maybe he might feel sorry for me and help me, then I could start to filling it up with water for it is starting to get dry around here.

Karen31
05-05-2010, 09:04 AM
Good Morning-- Bootsie, you and your family will be in my thougths and prayers. Please keep us updated. Your story about the tanks made me smile! My brother and wife years ago lived in Lamar, Colorado and had bought an older house. There were no windows on this one outside wall of the living room. Well, they had got from a friend this huge window which was probably 4' X 6' and wanted to put that in there. My brother worked nights and always had some excuse when he came home that he couldn't do it right then. But always had time to stop and have coffee with the guys when he got off work! Well, this one morning she was so tired of waiting for her window that before he got home from work she had taken an axe and put a HUGE hole in that wall about 3' x 3'! Needless to say he got busy and put that window in! I always laugh when I think of her doing that. And she was this little tiny thing, probably didn't weigh 100 pounds soaking wet!!

I don't know about the Greenie site. I just went there to check to see what was happening with it. WHen I go to www.greenies.com it takes me to the home page I guess. Then down at the bottom it looks like there are different "ads" hanging with clothes pins on the line. That is where the "Greenies Show Us Your Pets Healthy Smile" contest. link is. After you click on that then there is a link to click on photo gallery-- that is where you type in the city, Carthage. Then Ginger and Sissy should show up there. Right now they are the only ones from Carthage.

Yes, that is car seats they ride in. That way they can sit up and look out the windows or they lay down in them curl up and go to sleep. I think it is safer for all instead of them running around the car loose. And they like it. There is a short leash attached to the back of their car seats and that attaches to their harness. I put a harness on them when we travel that way if they should jump out of the car seats that they won't choke. But they really do ride in them good.

Justwant2Bhealthy
05-05-2010, 10:29 PM
BOOTSIE ~ Prayers going up for your brother ... :hug: and hope you can find some way to get those tanks filled up. Got any friends or relatives that could help haul them closer to the house for you? ;)

KAREN ~ yes, the Greenies site just keeps re-directing me to a Canadian default address and there is no link to any contest on that home page; I've searched it three times now ... but those pics are great and their smiles are lovely ... :D

Justwant2Bhealthy
05-06-2010, 10:57 PM
:wave: We just had a nice rest day at home today becuz would you believe we have been having ***** falling all day long? It is coming from the north with a very strong ~~~~~ that almost knocks you over, so we decided to make this an indoor day ... :lol: So far, most of the ***** has melted, just a little pellet types out there now. It kept changing form from snowflakes to powder-like pellets now. :shrug:

It is supposed to be nice and :sunny: tomorrow -- hope they are right. I have been having a few tiny little mishaps lately; somehow got a tiny scrape on my left, front calf (don't need that, do I?) but it does have a scab on it. Praying that it will heal up completely -- right away, right? Right! :D

Then today, I bit the right side of my tongue; it was my fault really -- you know, yakking while I was eating ... does it every time, but it is sore. That will take a week or so to heal, BUT maybe sooner with the LORD's gracious healing touch, right? Right! :D

WE had fish with coleslaw, sliced tomatoes, and homefries (I had sweet potatoes fries) for dinner tonight. One of our weekly favorites. Had a good on plan week so far and got some walking in, and my early morning toning exercises done too. DH told me today that he can notice that I am getting smaller ... yahooooooooooooooooooo! :carrot:

Hope you all are having a great week so far; and do take good care ... Rosebud :flow1: ^PRAYERS^ continue for you and yours ... :hug:

MissKoo
05-06-2010, 11:55 PM
I'm really not comfortable with asking folks to pray for me but right now I'm desperately seeking help. Short version of story: I have had severe back pain and saw a new doctor (orthopedist). He wanted me to take a round of hard-core anti-inflammatory meds before going forward. So, I've been taking toradol and oral steriods. I have a history of depression and anxiety but I forgot what taking steriods does to me.

I am having horrible panic attacks. Right now tears are streaming down my face, I'm short of breath, I'm dizzy and the words I"m typing are a blur. I don't know if I can explain how frightening this is. I have four more days of taking these meds and I'm so scared.

I know there are people on this thread who will pray for me and it gives me hope that I'll make it through this.

Karen31
05-07-2010, 12:41 AM
MissKoo--- My thoughts and prayers are with you..

Bootsie
05-07-2010, 01:45 PM
Praying in Texas for you, Misskoo, does your doctor know your going through this? If not contact him or her soon! For it sounds like your having an allergic reaction to the medicine that should not be happening! Please contact your doctor. Or contact your pharmacist, mine is good at telling me what to do.

MissKoo
05-07-2010, 03:03 PM
Thanks, gals. I made it through the night. I have a call in to the doc but I'm afraid that this is what steroid use does to me. It is helping my back pain and I'm going to try to finish the rest of the package - four more days reducing the dosage each day.

It was helpful to post last night in the midst of that horrible fear. I tried to stay prayerful the rest of the night. I thanked God when the sun came up that I got through it!

koo

EZMONEY
05-07-2010, 07:47 PM
Prayers MissKoo

Justwant2Bhealthy
05-08-2010, 12:44 AM
:welcome: MISSKOO ~ sorry you have been having such a bad time with reactions to your meds; I agree with the others that you should get medical advice right away, but am sending up ^PRAYERS^ for you tonight that you will feel better ... anxiety attacks are frightening in themselves, and reading positive bible scriptures and singing uplifting songs can help alot. I am sure that your doctor can find other meds that could relieve your back pain without such severe side effects ...

Like GARY says, we can only think one thing at a time; and if we think on the positive promises of GOD, that can help take away fear -- and, here are some comforting verses ...

"FEAR THOU NOT, for I am with you ... I will strengthen you and help you ..." (Isaiah 41:10)

"For GOD has not given us a spirit of fear: but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind." (2 Timothy 1:7)

"I the Lord thy GOD, will hold thy right hand, saying unto you, FEAR NOT: I will help thee." Isaiah 41:13

"Be strong, and of a good courage; BE NOT AFRAID ... for the LORD, thy GOD, is with you wherever you go." (Joshua 1:9)

And for your back -- you can ask GOD to help ease that pain as well; and give wisdom to your doctors how to help you ~

"For I will restore health to you, and your wounds I will heal, says the LORD." Jeremiah 30:17

Rosebud ... :hug:

MissKoo
05-08-2010, 05:06 PM
"I the Lord thy GOD, will hold thy right hand, saying unto you, FEAR NOT: I will help thee." Isaiah 41:13

I have to concentrate on keeping my right hand open . . .

Thanks!

Bootsie
05-09-2010, 10:40 AM
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY! Just wish all Mothers a great day today, and want to remember a special Mother also today; THE MOTHER OF JESUS CHRIST,MARYfor her love, understanding,strength,determination and her faith in her son, Jesus and his Father.

Justwant2Bhealthy
05-10-2010, 07:31 PM
Yes, hope all our mom's out there had a --

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY yesterday ... maybe out to lunch or dinner, or something like that! :D

We've had some cold weather here with some fine powdered ***** falling, but with the very strong northernly ~~~~~, most of it just blew right through and the rest melted very quickly too. We had to put our comforters and my special Ultra-warm blankie back on our bed though, as it was c h i l l y in there! :lol:

We just stayed home and had a quiet weekend; although, we did go out for drive one day last week (Friday) to one of our favorite lakes for a short while. We went to look at a car (to buy) this weekend, but the owner was so controlling that he wouldn't even let DH drive it; and that didn't go over too well, so we walked away and let him keep his control and his car too ... ;)

I picked up some things for our camper to make things more comfortable. WE still have some things to get, but that will take a little while yet, as we don't want to spend more on accessories than we paid for the camper itself ... :)

BTW ~ besides our crocuses, some other little blue flowers have bloomed as well as some mini-daffodils (never seen them so tiny) and now most of our tulips are getting ready to bloom (one yellow one today) too. I can't believe with all the frigid temps and ***** that they are all still blooming. We have neighbours that have tulips and daffodils in the east and south sides already in bloom, but our gardens are on the west side, so that is why the delay, me thinks! ;)

Well, dinner is ready -- hope you all have a good week too ... Rosebud :flow1:

Justwant2Bhealthy
05-12-2010, 10:49 PM
HI FOLKS ~ We have been blessed with lovely :sunny: for the last 3 days; the temps today were in the 50's F and the winds have finally died down a bit too. DH was busy today, so I just stayed home and did stuff around here (mostly light housechores).

Well, our car is in the garage for an inspection/tune-up tonight -- an old friend of DH's is a licenced mechanic; and we just found out that he came out of retirement and opened a new garage (he was too bored;lol). So DH took our car to him as we can still smell gas whenever we go over a bump or put in gas. Well, he took one look under the hood and gasped; he told DH that a whole bunch of hoses were missing, for one. We have no idea where they went or who took them; or why the last 2 garages (and all of their mechanics) never told us, is beyond me. I have been praying like crazy about this problem as the fumes were making me want to :barf:, and it seemed like we were going through a lot of gas; plus we had already paid for this to be fixed at least 3 times. We hope our friend can fix it up for us once and for all as he is a very experienced mechanic ... :^:

My daffodils and tulips are finally blooming here. DH found me some more drums this week (to make mini-gardens in). Hope all our encouragers are having a great week; seems everyone is very busy and MIA this week too -- take good care ... Rosebud :flow1:

Justwant2Bhealthy
05-15-2010, 01:37 AM
:wave: HI FOLKS ~ We had :rain: on and off all day long today; but our natural flora all need that, don't they? (especially our flowers that are now blooming) It is supposed to be nice and :sunny: for the whole weekend but we are stuck at home as our car is in the garage, but we had good news about that. :)

It took this qualified mechanic only 15 minutes to correct some mistakes made by some young apprentices last fall. They had taken things apart and didn't put them back on correctly, hence why we had gas fumes backing up into our car ... oh dear, not very safe really! BTW -- that garage was recently sold and new licenced mechanics were hired, but we won't be going back there ... uhuh ... :nono:

We will be getting a few more things done on the car at the same time, so we may have Old Betsy back by Monday or sooner; we'll see, but she will be in much better shape ... thank GOD for answered prayers! Will be sticking around home, but enjoying the nice weather anyways.

Hope you all have a good weekend; take care ... Rosebud :flow1:

Bootsie
05-16-2010, 10:32 AM
Good morning Rosebud! Hey girl good to see your flowers growing even though there has been cold weather, think God is saying I love you Rosebud! My Daddy had a car called Old Betsy! Mine is called Old Faithful , red bird when she messes up! My brother was sent home yesterday and everyone is telling me his place is so messy it if the city seen it would be condemned. I told them that he needed help to clean it up and someone is supposed to come by today and see how they can help clean it up. His friends took out a trash load yesterday and put his new chair together and he loves that chair. He is having a hard time knowing when to take his medicine though. Well best go have a great day Rosebud.

EZMONEY
05-16-2010, 10:33 AM
HI GALS ~ :wave:

I finally have time to post here :yes:

Angie and I are having a pretty good week-end here.

Friday night, after school, she taught her every few months Happy:)Hour yoga class at the studio. Then we went to our favorite place for Mexican food...hadn't been there since Mother's Day the week before :D What can I say...it's about 1.5 miles from the house, great food and a very fair price!

Saturday we walked the dogs down to Starbucks and back, getting in our 3.5 miles for the day. In the afternoon we headed out to a teaching credential graduation party for her student teacher. :carrot: More Mexican food!! His family really made us fill welcomed....and he continued to give Angie waves of praise throughout the afternoon. We had a great time talking to 2 of his aunts that are teachers about my age, one in the public and one in the catholic system. Spent the rest of the evening at home watching shows we had dvr'd the last few weeks. We really love The Middle, Modern Family and Parenthood...shows that we tape since #1 I can't stay up for and #2 other shows Angie watches during that time.

This morning we went to church, my sister and ex-wife sat with us...so :cool: for me going up for communion with my wife on my left and sister and ex-wife on my right. On the way home we stopped off at the produce market for some goodies for the week. Then...we made the puppies :mad: mad ;) We took them to the do-it-yourself dog wash....they hate-hate that :D They are napping now but the house is still full of the wet dog smell...they won't stick around to be put in the dog dryer!

Watching some baseball as I post here, a game between my Dodgers and the local Padres. Angie is upstairs doing some yoga right now...I can smell the incense :dizzy: I'm not much of an incense fan...usually she burns candles if she wants a smell...thank goodness...for me...the incense is rare....ahchoo!

We are going to New York this coming week-end for my step-d's graduation from college. One of my nieces is staying here to watch over the dogs for us so that makes it easy. Of course my brother lives across the street and my son/dil a little over a mile away but it's nice knowing someone is in the house.

A good feeling having all three kids done with college and the nephew in the NAVY...now we can start saving for retirement :lol:

I am going to post this then come back with some personals :)

EZMONEY
05-16-2010, 06:26 PM
ROSEBUD I hope that car comes back good as new and cheap! We have what we call May grey here...then we go to June gloom....a lot of clouds but reasonably warm weather in the mornings....then sun...then grey...but all in all almost perfect weather really.

BOOTSIE I hope things turn out ok for your brother. My brother's house needed to be condemned...it was really sad seeing him live in it...he had drug and alcohol issues. Killed us...my other brother and I when we had to clean it up after he passed away. We tried so many times to help...clean...ANYTHING...but it wasn't meant to be.

KAREN I hope you are all settled back in at "home"...since there is no more home to go to...wink!

MISSKOO good to see you dropping in every now and then.

STELLA and all the other MIA's....I hope all is well.

Karen31
05-16-2010, 08:13 PM
Hello everyone! Had a great weekend. My brothers birthday is today but we had a get together here yesterday for him. This is a picture of my hubby, Tim and me standing in the doorway between our kitchen and living room. We've got the cover off the pool but it has been raining most of this last week and the water is only like 64 degrees..... too cold for me to jump in! Hopefully, the weather is going to warm up and we should be able to go swimming by next week. It would have been nice to do yesterday but we will have many more get togethers!

The other picture is my sister and I taken at her house. This was taken back in March. Do you see any family resemblence there??

I hope everyone had a great weekend. And Yes, Gary, this really is "Home" now!! WHEW!! It is nice to be able to breathe again! No more house payment.

Take care

Bootsie
05-17-2010, 11:09 AM
So happy for you Karen! Where is our Rosebud? I hope she is alright!
Gary it must be pretty bad he has lived by himself for years , but if they seen all the stuff I have piled up they may condemn me too! He was talking he had two piles of lumber neatly stacked and 1 canoe, and 4 antique bicycles in his back yard, gee that is nothing ought to see mine! I have goats & chickens etc... and wood and you name it. I could never live in the city and don't know why he would ever want to live there!
I guess I got to call the lawyer today and find out what is going on. His friend Tom called yesterday telling me all kinds of stuff, I call my brother and he sounds better than ever but the thing is his friend told the Social lady that is to come and make sure he gets nursing how bad his house is and now she won't even step in the door to see if he is alright. I am looking for a place for him down here and I told him if that lady decides to put him somewhere to check in a place by himself before she gets the chance till I can get him down here. So I am going to start looking for a nursing care today that he can afford. All he needs right now is someone to make sure he takes his medicine right ,he has 18 pills a day to take and to make sure he is eating right. I can't even imagine taking 18 pills a day.

Justwant2Bhealthy
05-18-2010, 07:33 PM
:wave: HEY BOOTSIE ~ I'm OK, just been busy the last few days and my feet and legs were throbbing from doing too much (of course), so I went to bed early last night so didn't get in to post. We have had really hot weather the last 2 days in the 80's; actually with the sun, the thermometers aren't really reading correctly ... saying it's in the 100's and so forth. I am going to pick up a new one and try to find a place where the sun doesn't shine on it directly so we can get a more accurate reading.

We used to have a cow name BETSY and her baby was BLOSSOM; best milker you could ever have. We had six kids and she gave enuff milk to keep 3 fat chin rolls on her baby, and feed our whole family of eight ... AND still had some leftover for all the kitties and doggies too. :)

DH dug out my fans for me early this AM; still haven't got the A/C (air conditioner) set up yet but it looks and feels more like a hot July this week than a northern Canadian Spring ... :lol: One good thing is that it is cool in the early mornings and evenings, so that is when we'll be doing our stuff. Early morning, we went up town to pick up a few things and did some banking, then had lunch before tackling some gardening.

I managed to plant some more gladiola bulbs (about 35; multi-colored ones this time). Most of our flowers came up, but some are sooooo tiny and a few didn't come up so I will try to fill in with some more bulbs this fall. Think I may put some popsicle sticks in the spots where they missed so I know then where to put them. They are really nice with lots of different colors; I will try to take some pics of them too.

We will work on my salad drum garden after dinner, as things cool off better then; it got way too hot mid-afternoon, so we just came in and had a wee nap (well, sorta; didn't sleep really). We take afternoon siesta's here to rest our bodies and minds as it gets too hot to do anything else. Last evening, I cooked a roast of pork for our dinner today; having that with new potatoes and veggies (broccoli/cauli/carrots).

I went to the store today and they wanted $1.79 for 4 radishes; I told DH we have to get that salad garden in right away as I'm not paying those ridiculous prices for only 4 radishes.

GARY ~ Thanks for the good thoughts about the car: maybe some prayers would help too -- first the mechanic said it was only hoses and gas lines, then he said hoses, gas lines and gas tank. Thought OK, we can handle that, BUT when DH got home, the estimate added a $300+ dollar gas pump -- I was none too pleased and thought hey, why is this growing with time? Anywho, then I told DH that if he wants to change all that, he'll have to toss in some of his own savings ... :lol: I'm going broke keeping OLD BETSY on the road. She looks more like a LILY, but she smells like an OLD BETSY lately (really gassy foul; ;)) ...

I'm hoping and praying that this will keep her running long enuff to save up to buy a newer one next time. The mechanic says the motor runs well but he also tried to sell DH a truck whilst he was there ... oh no, a diesel 4x4 the price of a house ... no way, Jose ... :nono:

Sooo, this is our plan -- buy all the parts first and when we have them, then either pay the mechanic to put them in, or DH can put them in himself and save some moolah. It's his choice ... ;) I was a bit stressed out about it at first as I couldn't understand why the mechanic kept changing the work details; don't know if there was a communication problem or what? Next time, will be different; I'll see to that ... :D

Gotta go right now and serve dinner; will drop by again soon ... Rosebud :flow1:

Justwant2Bhealthy
05-18-2010, 11:07 PM
... I'M BACK ...

KAREN ~ oh, that must be a relief not to have to pay mortgage payments anymore; you must be good with your finances -- congrats to you and TIM on being mortgage free! Yes, I can see the family resemblance; you and your sister look a lot alike. One lady here thinks that I am my younger sister; with glasses on, we really look similar too.

BOOTSIE ~ prayers going up for you that you can find an affordable place with home care help too for your brother near you. I bet that will make him so happy to be near family.

GARY ~ had to go back and read the thread until last Saturday. Congrats to Angela's daughter on her graduation from college. That's gonna be a big trip across the country for her graduation; going to the big apple ... have you been there before?

Now I am trying to get some cool air in the house using some fans to draw the cool air indoors. Will have to get DH to set up the A/C pretty soon if this kind of weather keeps up and it is only May ... eeks! Hope you all have a great week ... Rosebud :flow1:

EZMONEY
05-19-2010, 07:01 PM
Not much going on here ladies. Just trying to remember to take everything I need and nothing more to NY,NY this week-end. We are trying to get along with a carry on and 1 check in bag. Should be pretty easy for us.

Took my sister and her grandson to the camp grounds today. We will be having a family get together out there in June. Should be way cool....ran my nephew around until we were all tired! My sister is doing well...thank you all for your prayers.

I will see you all Sunday night or Monday ~

Be safe ~ Gary

bargoo
05-20-2010, 01:21 AM
Please pray for my friend , he just learned today that he has colon cancer. His name is Denver.

Bootsie
05-20-2010, 09:14 AM
Praying for Dever, Bargo, that is what my friend of 72 had and she beat the cancer.
Rosebud I have a goat named Blossom and so is my grandsons nickname for he was the start of a new beginning.
My brother fell twice and once in front of social worker. Been trying to get him to a doctor , ya know if his health is so important to the state of Texas why won't they find a way to get him to the doctor? I finely got the Doctors number last night from his friend and I am calling her this morning when she gets in her office and see if she can find time for him today for I feel he might have a blood clot in that one leg. Falling around is not good. Seems like that medicine that he is taking makes him drowsy. I feel that doctor will want to put him in the hospital and back in a rest-home. He belongs in one he just cannot make it unless he has help or a retirement home. For a while anyway. Then maybe if we can come to an agreement on that house in the mean time, but i want to talk to her and see if she thinks he will get any better, before I deal on the house. If not I will try to move him on down here to a nursing home, so he will be closer.

Justwant2Bhealthy
05-20-2010, 05:39 PM
BARGOO ~ ^PRAYERS^ goin' up for your friend DENVER for peace & comfort, plus mercy & restoration of his health; and for his doctors for wisdom, knowledge, & insight as to how they can help him best ... :hug:

BOOTSIE ~ ^PRAYERS^ going up for your brother and you -- so that he gets the care he needs; and wisdom and help so that you will know what to do for him, esp concerning the best place for him to live near you where he can get good care too. You know there are homes where people can have little apartmentettes and care as well, but I don't know if you have those kind of places in Texas.

We have nursing homes for those who need long-term care, but we also have some nice senior homes (kinda like group homes) where they have more autonomy (freedom); with private roomettes, but they still can have some healthcare and meals if they want to as well. A group here is hoping build one in our town sometime soon; so we'll see what happens and how affordable they are then.

GARY ~ hope you and Angie have a great trip to NEW YORK!!!

PRAYER REQUEST PLEASE ~ can you all say a wee prayer for wisdom for me -- we have an appointment at our bank for next Tuesday morning (May 25) @ 11:00 am; and I am gonna see if we can get a loan to buy a new or newer car as I really hate to keep putting all this money into an old one that is just getting worse despite all the money we spend on it. This has really been on my mind lately, and this may be the prodding of the LORD; I am even dreaming about this issue at night ... so thanks in advance.

We had a scorcher yesterday, but it cooled down nicely during the night and it has been in the mid-high sixties all day. It was lovely to sit on our front porch today; no buggies to bother us either. A few black flies have started coming out, but they haven't noticed me on the porch yet. We managed to not only get the drum salad garden prepared and planted, but we also weeded and trimmed the side garden beds as well yesterday morning; it took us til just before 1 pm though.

I took some pics of the flowers that are out so far, and will have to edit them yet so I can show them to you. We have different styles of tulips and colors as well; some look like lilies, some like roses, and some regular tulip but in different vibrant colors. We also have yellow and white daffodils (the white ones are just blooming now); plus some other tiny flowers including minature daffodils which are all but gone now. I was surprised by the small flowers but I do remember that the seeds were much smaller too (so, that's probably why).;)

It is supposed to be hot again tomorrow, so maybe I better get DH to get that air conditioner in; I saw our neighbour putting his in their bedroom today and it's a good day to do it. DH is out right now; hope he gets back soon as he didn't have any lunch with him ... hmmm!

HOpe you all have a FABULOUS FRIDAY tomorrow and good weather too. Take good care ... Rosebud :flow1:

acorbit
05-20-2010, 07:54 PM
Hi, my name is Angela. I just started reading this forum the last few days and I must say, you are a friendly bunch!

I'm married, 43yo, 2 boys 20 and 13, a very dear and loving hubby and I am morbidly overweight. I belong to a bible study group that focuses on The Word and weightloss. I told the girls about you and they think it is great that there is such a thing as this. I read in another thread about the Eden Diet and I have purchased the book and workbook and will be sharing that at bible study as well. I live in New Hampshire and love springtime. We went camping just a few weeks ago for a mini vacation and I broke my tailbone. Talk about an excersize program... I can't hardly sit down! lol

Congratulations Rosebud on hitting Twosieland! I want to get there myself soon. I have you all in my prayers and look forward to getting to know you all much better!:hug:

Justwant2Bhealthy
05-20-2010, 10:08 PM
:welcome: ANGELA ~ we've had a few Angelas on this thread over the while; glad you found us and it's nice that you told your friends about us. I love the term CHRISTIAN ENCOURAGERS as it is so biblical ... it caught my eye right away when I first came here.

The reason for that is that I was always lamenting to my DH how Paul (of the bible) said that we were to encourage each other in the Lord, and I have always thought that we could do that much better.

I hear folks say the opposite and so was quite glad to be a part of a group that would do what we are supposed to do and that is love one another in Christ no matter what denomination we belong to and despite any doctrinal differences.

We are to lift each other up in prayer also, and we have a PRAYERS WARRIOR's Thread in this forum to do that too; plus we pray for our friends here on this thread as well.

Come back and post often; and I will definitely send up some ^PRAYERS^for you that your tailbone will heal very quickly ... Rosebud :hug:

bargoo
05-21-2010, 11:09 AM
Welcome Angela and good luck !

Bootsie
05-21-2010, 06:56 PM
Rosebud, Gary and all , I live 5 hours away from where my brother lives. He lives in Watauga Texas and he has had open heart surgery and a defibrillator put in as I have told ,before. His leg is swelling and I think he might have a blood clot. He had this before he left the rest home and he complained then that it was sore, sent him to the hospital they said he was retaining water. But both legs were swelling then ,now it is just the one. I have been trying to get him to the doctor, tried this last Thursday and he through a fit! I have got him to agree to go next Monday at 10:30 but can find no one to take him to the doctor. I am an old country girl you don't even want me driving in a big city I would be a danger on the road.
Around here everyone helps everyone who is in need and I can not find anyone to help me get my brother to the doctor. The man that has been going by to see him from some agency for the old will not help me , says its not their place to help out in that area, even if they are concerned about his health. Ha! If they were really concerned about his health they would help me instead of telling me to call a taxi for an old man who can barely walk. I called a shuttle service for the elderly and you have to be signed up with them for a week before they will help you. Why is this town so unfriendly . I am so thankful I live in this community and pray it never gets like that.
He got mad at his friend Tom and refused to go to the doctor yesterday, said he did not feel like it. Tom went on a cruise but my brother told him not to call or come back over there, for some reason. He said he did not want me coming up there and messing in his business either, I just planned to clean his house. Everyone is in a roar about how dirty his house is. Just trying to help him out. Our Cuz. just lost his Mother last week and just wanted to visit with him for he can't lift anything himself.
All I need is to get him to the doctor, I don't want him to die. It looks like I may have to get a taxi to pick him up but I don't know if they will accept a credit card.
Does anyone have any advice? It is so hard to take care of someone so far away especially if they are contrary.

bargoo
05-21-2010, 07:25 PM
bootsie, is there a church affiliation you could call ? Maybe the pastor would know someone who could help .

Bootsie
05-21-2010, 07:37 PM
I don't know any churches in that area. I know the churches here would if he was down here.

bargoo
05-21-2010, 07:43 PM
I don't know any churches in that area. I know the churches here would if he was down here.

Call your pastor here and see if he knows other pastors in the area where your brother lives . Most pastors know a lot of other pastors.

Justwant2Bhealthy
05-22-2010, 12:56 AM
BOOTSIE ~ I agree with BARGOO; some churches and cities (town hall?) have designated drivers or programs that will help drive people in need. You could call Watauga's town office and ask them if they have rides for seniors in need (with bad health). I know your brother said not to go, but in this situation, I would go anyways, if you can.

Yes, I have seen that before where homecare workers will refuse to go into a house if it is very untidy, as they deem it a safety hazard, which I think is just an excuse. The RED CROSS has homecare people too and sometimes will help out in such situations; although, he may need a referral, but they might be able to connect you with the help you need.

Larger taxi companies can take a credit card, but not sure of the smaller ones. Some taxi companies will help you out in emergency situations; my DH used to be a taxi driver as was one of my brothers; and they would drive someone for free in such a situation, or just collect the fare later on. Sending up prayers that you find a solution very soon. :hug:

Bootsie
05-22-2010, 04:58 PM
thanks my brother, found a ride with his next door neighbor hope he gets there for his leg, the way he talks, is really swollen bad and it is just his right leg too.

Justwant2Bhealthy
05-23-2010, 10:19 PM
:wave: HI EVERYONE ~ hope you all had a lovely weekend. We had another scorcher here today; eeks ... it's very, very ... :hot::hot::hot: out there today! Got up into the 90's F today; thank goodness the sun has now gone down behind some clouds and buildings and it is starting to cool off. Sure got the fans going full tilt and DH has the A/C on in the bedroom ... :lol:

Made a nice one-pot dinner in our crock pot (or slow cooker); layered new potato, chicken breasts, and Asian veggies, with a mushroom sauce poured over that.:drool: It was very tastey, but not fun eating a hot dish when it is so hot.

I am wondering if we might be better to do a switcheroo ~ maybe have a hot lunch and a cool dinner instead for the summer; think I am going to try that for awhile and see if that works out better for us.

Took some more pics of my flowers today; most of them are now in full bloom; and some Johnnycomelately's are now blossoming too. I think they are very early this year. The only thing is that they don't last too long (maybe 2-3 weeks tops); then they die off. Then we have to wait for the mid-summer flowers to start coming up; but they will continue on into the fall.

I hope to get some more mid-season flowers planted (maybe pic up some perennial panseys or something like that). It would be really nice to get a few double blooming Irises for the front (they bloom twice: summer and fall).

HELLO TO OUR MIA's out there too! Have a great week everyone ... Rosebud :flow1:

acorbit
05-24-2010, 01:56 PM
One of my clients had a heartattack over the weekend. He'll be OK. It just makes me so sad to hear of any of them in pain. I'm an LNA and I go into peoples homes to help them recover from an operation or if they are disabled and need help showering and other daily activities. I love what I do, but the fact is most of them are elderly and things happen. It still breaks my heart.

:flame: It's hot here today. :flame: Around 90 degrees. I really prefer 65 - 75. But I don't know of any place that has that kind of weather year round. And I do like the way the snow looks when it's falling. Oh well.

I was doing good with my eating... except for yesterday I went on an eating binge. I hate that when it happens! So today I start over and eat healthy. I hate starting over.

Well enough complaining, I guess I'm just crabby cuz of my client. Lunch break is over. Back to work. My next client lives close by so I wait till the last possible minute to leave. :)

toodles,
angela

Justwant2Bhealthy
05-24-2010, 05:34 PM
:hug:ANGELA ~ don't feel too bad; I was doing so fantastic, and then got into some CHEEZ NACHOS last night ... :nono: Now, I know that over the week, it will iron out esp if I cut my servings a bit each day, but I was annoyed with myself about it. Gotta find something else that isn't so calorie heavy in the future. Good thing I did well the rest of the day.

One thing that's so great about our loving FATHER in heaven; is HIs amazing grace which allows us to start over each and every day. I think I am going to do another personal challenge and try for a JUNKLESS JUNE; I did one in April and did very, very well. The only mistake I made was that I ate about 9 or 10 of DH's chippies in the last week; but the good part was that I caught myself and only had a few.

BOOTSIE's doing her LIVER CHALLENGE ~ so last night, I was thinkin' it's time for another JUNK-FREE challenge. I can have some nice things but they have to fit into my servings (and total calorie) allotment for the day, ie for instance I can have a popsicle which are only 60-90 calories for a snack as they fit into my plan. What I can't have is chippies, nachos, or cookies that add up to 100's and 100's of calories at once!!! :yikes: That's not even to mention what all that salt & sugar does to me: not good!

A LNA - is that a type of registered nurse or practical nurse? It sounds like you do something that we call HOME-CARE here. I think lots of elderly and heck other folks too, could really use help like you offer, but they don't seem to know it's available.

We have RED CROSS and VON here, like I mentioned to BOOTSIE, but you need a doctor's referral for them and that shouldn't be hard to get for someone who is ill or disabled. Sorry to hear about your client; will send up some prayers for a quick recovery too.

My mother used to do that kind of work also; she worked with quadriplegics and other severely disabled persons so that they could live in their homes instead of a nursing home, as most of them were younger persons. She loved her work too; and she was also the region's supervisor and administrator, but she loved it so much that she kept her core clients until the end. Sadly, she passed away in 1993 and her clients sorely missed her too.

Well, we got up to 95 F today; horrible heat; and so very rare for us way up here -- don't know what's going on with this crazy weather! :dizzy: Our neighbour came over and showed DH how to install our other little air conditioner in our livingroom door window, so now we have some relief in the whole place. It was so easy; just had to convince DH to ask for help, so I called them myself and he came right over -- and it only took them about 1-2 minutes and it was in!!! :carrot:

Have a great day everybody ... Rosebud :flow1:

acorbit
05-24-2010, 06:49 PM
Rosebud - an LNA is a licensed nursing assistant and it is home care. I love being able to help others. It is a very fullfilling line of work. Especially when I have a chance to share Jesus with them.

I think a JUNKLESS June sounds like a great idea! I can make a goal like that without too much kicking and screaming. :)

I think tomorrow and the next day are going to be hotter. Ugh!

EZMONEY
05-24-2010, 06:52 PM

Angie and I got back home from New York early last night. We had a great trip :) Plane rides went on schedule non-stop with no delays.

Got into town on Thursday evening and we (me - Angie - Angie's ex) went to a pizza joint my step-d and her boyfriend like....then to a German bar my daughter and sil really like to visit when they are there....back to the hotel for visits and a few drinks.

Friday was graduation, that took most of the morning until early afternoon. We made one final tour around the campus and bookstore for final souvenirs, then off to a restaurant near the campus for burgers. We ended the afternoon back in the hotel bar watching the games and having a few drinks...me and step-d and her boyfriend...Angie tops out at one :) Angie's ex went back to his room. Went back to the room for a shower and nap then we all met in the restaraunt for dinner.

Saturday we took the Staten Island ferry across to New York City and had a blast riding the subway - seeing Wall Street - Times Square - Grand Central Station - Canal Street - Central Park - Statue of Liberty - and much more. We met up with my step-d's boyfriends parents for dinner at a nice Italian place in Times Square area. Ferry back to Staten Island.

My only regret was not seeing a famous New York subway rat!

Sunday morning we all met for breakfast then Angie and I headed to the airport to make our way back home.

Having the kids show us around was the ticket since they know all the sites to see in a whirl-wind day :D Angie has been there a few times and her ex more so I was the only one they tried to focus on as far as seeing all we could and I was pretty easy to get along with...I just wanted to experience it and have an idea of what to do if I ever go back.

We had a great time :carrot:

But it was good to get back home and see these mutts of mine ;)

Prayers for all concerns ~ Gary

Bootsie
05-25-2010, 08:03 PM
Oh Angela wish you lived in Wautuga Texas! My brother refuses to go to the heart doctor and the doctor he went to Monday said he needed to go see his heart doctor ,what i could understand, gosh she is so hard to understand and i just knew my brother hard of hearing could not understand. The heart hospital tried 2 times to get him to make an appointment, he said NO! and hung up. I tried . No! I cannot make him, they can not make him he still has power to make his on discsions, I am only the Springing power of attorney, that is only if he is unconcious or a doctor gives me a note stating he can not make decisions. I tried to get help from MHMR today and they said there was nothing they could do but advised to get Mr. J to see about him so I did and he said I will call him and call right back , well he never called back, so I called and he said he had to step out of the office for a while that he will call he promised , he never has called me, I bet God sets his pants on fire:devil: why does someone like that want to lie, cannot understand it ,if he is so concerned he has good care. I think they were going to press charges on me for he thought I had complete power of attorney when he learned I did not he said, that makes a big difference. I have no idea what he meant about that. I bet he never did see about my brother. That trip to that doctor yesterday was a waste of time and aggravation getting there . Now I am having tightness in my chest ,my husband says it is the stress I have been through.

EZMONEY
05-25-2010, 08:06 PM
Prayers continue for you BOOTSIE...and plenty of hugs!

acorbit
05-25-2010, 09:48 PM
Bootsie, I am so sorry you are getting a run around from the Dr. and an uncooperative patient! Don't let the stress get to you or you will be of no use to your brother if you are ill. So, do you know why he doesn't want to see a heart doctor?

Bootsie
05-25-2010, 10:46 PM
Angela he said he has to deal with all these other people coming in on his back he had to get rid of them before he could go to the heart doctor. i think it is because his legs are getting so bad that he is afraid he will end back in the hospital and then rehab. He does not want to go. He is 75 years old and scared and I don't blame him but he needs his legs took care of. He and I have both been told constantly by his friends that the state of Texas is going to take over if he does not get his place cleaned up and pay for some medical help in his place. The thing is i had no idea until after he was released that i had Springing Power of Attorney . Everything was just sprung on me all of a sudden two Saturdays ago. I think it was planned that way if you ask me.
The next thing I know Mr.j shows up from HPS now what does that stand for Angela. This man starts saying brother needs to do this and that, has to be done and scaring my brother and me because our understanding he is from the State of Texas, is that right? He says my brothers house is a mess etc..Well he has lived there for 37 years and never been married. Of course it is. I live about 5 hours from my brother so I have to handle everything long distance but if I had the power before he left rehab I could of cleaned his place stocked it with food, people mowing his back yard, medical people coming by house keeper etc... but it did not happen that way Angela I still don't have the power my brother likes to have power he thrives on it, always has and no one understands where he is coming from but our Father in Heaven, he sees what is in his heart not anyone else. It just scares me I am going to get a call he is dead any day.

acorbit
05-26-2010, 06:27 PM
Bootsie, I'm sorry I don't know what HPS means. I'm sure it must be scary having so many strangers involved. I'll pray for you and your brother to get through this with God's mercy.

EZMONEY
05-27-2010, 08:31 PM
Hi Gals :)

Well I spent most of the day shopping for our Memorial Day week-end (Sunday) BBQ. About 20-25 family and friends will be here. We will have our shuffleboard tournament too...first one of the summer.

Angie is off to church this afternoon to teach yoga, I have already made a real nice salad...too make of for a "mistake" ;) trip to del taco on my way home from shopping.

I am enjoying my time off but will go back to work on Tuesday after the holiday. Lucky for me the job is only 1/2 -3/4 an hour away, depending on traffic. I hate to start back with those 2-3am wake up calls! This will be a 4am one...very easy for me :)

My mutts are going to hate me going back...this week they got spoiled with all the walks and rides in the truck....poor babies :D

We had a little issue here last night ~ Here is what I posted in threadkillers...

I was down in the family room watching the end of the Dodger and Cubs game. Angie was up in the living room watching a dvr of Glee, the doorbell rang and she answers....odd for someone coming that time of night around here.

I hear "Babe call 911 for me please"...in a calm voice....I grab the phone and hustle upstairs where I see an elderly lady leaning against my screen door, supporting herself with the door knob. We couldn't open the door to let her in because she was "glued" to the door.

I tell Angie to call as I ran downstairs and out the garage around and back up the front door stairs...I was so worried the lady was going to let go of the door and fall backwards down my concrete stairs.

I hold her so she wouldn't fall...she was soaked in sweat! While Angie talked to 911 I asked her questions....she was very confused but also knew she was lost ~ her first name ~ I asked her if she started walking at daylight and she said no, when the moon came out....which I had mentioned to Angie about an hour before how cool it looked last night ~ She said she was holding onto a Ford truck tailgate for a long time...probably mine...our driveway is well lit up with the lights on both sides of the garage.

We finally got her into the entry and in a chair. She said she shouldn't have been walking, but she does it every night...at this time she is calmer...knows she lives off our main street but not her street....knows that there are people living in her house but not who...She then tells me she thinks she had a stroke that morning because she lost sight in one eye....

About this time the Calvary started coming...about 5 minutes from the doorbell ring....3 cop cars, 2 firetrucks and an ambulance.

They said her people were looking for her ~ they had been to her house that morning because her husband said she was confused ~ she had been lost before.....

At this time her husband shows up...Angie says the police started talking to him...."We told you this morning not to let her walk alone anymore"...he just said..."She said she was only going to walk the block".....

This is the 3rd time I have found an elderly person lost in our neighborhood. We live right next to a retirement development. I came across one lady a couple of years ago while the dogs and I were out...she was 2 miles lost!

As she was being taken away she just kept telling her husband and police..."Oh, they are such nice people..."

Missed the end of the game..........

Prayers for all ~ Gary :hug:

Bootsie
05-28-2010, 12:02 AM
Oh Gary thank the dear Lord he knows who to send his lost too!

You and Angie did not know, that you are his Walking Angels did you?

Justwant2Bhealthy
05-28-2010, 10:04 PM
AH, GARY ~ that is such a nice story; I'm sure the LORD sent her to your door becuz you would help her ... one more blessing coming your way; the heck with the game! ;)

BOOTSIE ~ ^PRAYERS^ continuing for YOU and your brother ... :hug:

WE have been having some doozy :rain: storms up here with all kinds of lightening etc, so we had to disconnect our PC for the last few days. We lost a modem once before as the charges go right through your lines and damage them (and we also lost 2 VCR's that way too). Now we don't chance it anymore, as those modems are expensive ...

BUT, I'm not complaining as I prayed for that those clouds and some rain to cool things off. PTL for answered prayers!!! The temperatures are much nicer tonight; it will be great for sleeping too.

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend ... Rosebud :flow1:

Bootsie
05-28-2010, 11:49 PM
Rosebud understand that the lightening has been doing the two step in Texas!

Justwant2Bhealthy
05-29-2010, 09:24 PM
BOOTSIE ~ :lol: I believe that ... we had some double ones here too (two of them side by side at the same time or within nano-seconds of each other); it was kinda pretty, but the spit-spat and crackle'n pop was kinda scary at times ... ;)

We had nice cool temps for most of today; just stayed home and did stuff around here. Ate pretty good this week; stayed well on plan, so happy for that and when I weighed myself before going to the docs, had lost 2 more lbs but it was late in the day; but I that shows my earlier loss was stable.

Hope to continue the trend as the doc was getting on me about WLS again. I guess we will just have to play this cat & mouse game back and forth -- he bugs, and I say that I will think about it some more (NOT), and around and around we go again ... :D

Hope you all are having a good weekend ... Rosebud :flow1:

Justwant2Bhealthy
06-02-2010, 12:24 AM
HEY, hey, hey ~ where is everbody? I spent one evening doing prayers and had my PC off for a :rain:storm earlier today. Been keepin' busy (in a good way); eating on plan; getting some walking and exercise in too. We've had some nicer weather too; more spring-like temps with some sunshine mixed in for good measure ... ya, we'll take it.

Hope you are all having a good week too ... Rosebud :flow1:

EZMONEY
06-02-2010, 09:30 PM

Sorry :( ROSEBUD....I have been lurking ;)

We had a great Memorial Day week-end :) We had 25 friends and family over on Sunday for a bbq and a shuffleboard tournament...Angie and I lost in the first round :(

Oh well...I may never win the trophy (my son and dil won this one) but I own the court! :D

We were able to get a couple of walks in with the dogs and breakfast at the beach, which is always a favorite for us :)

I am back to work after being off for my trip to New York. Luckily for me the job I am on now is only 30 miles away...almost in my backyard! My poor brother is going to the job I left a month ago in Beverly Hills...I go out to get my paper at 4:00 and he is already gone...he lives across the street from me.

Well gals Angie is calling me for dinner...

Prayers ~ Gary

ronni62
06-04-2010, 09:47 AM
Hi, everyone! It's been such a busy week or so. DS2 had a freshman orientation day at his college (couldn't believe it was so early!), then his 18th birthday (when exactly did I get so old?!), so we had a little graduation/b-day party for him-just family, then, meeting to get ready for VBS next week, & cutting sod in our back yard for a new flower bed. I forgot that the hardest part is moving the sod after it's cut out-I'm exhausted! Fortunately, we have some low spots in our yard, so we were able to use all the sod we cut out, but now must go get some good peat, compost, manure for the new flower bed. On top of that, I'm trying to plan a vacation for the week of the 14th and DH's boss finally tells DH that he should go to a conference in IL next week! Now, DH has known about this conference for months, but his good-for-nothing boss would never let him know whether he was to plan on going or not. What kind of boss waits until the week before to make a decision? DH's plant has 3 managers and all 3 need to be fired, along with 2 of the union guys-they've all formed some kind of back-stabbing, brown-nosing clique where the 2 union guys get lots of "extras" while everyone else has to watch their own backs very carefully:mad:.

With all that going on, I'm just wiped out. I really need a vacation. We're going to the Black Hills, which we just love-so much to do, so we choose a couple things to pay for on each trip and then just do hiking and other stuff that's free. We'll get through VBS next week (I get to work on snacks in the kitchen so not too much activity with kids-love the kids, but like I said, I really need a break). A couple of my step-grandkids may come down for the week, but not sure yet.

I've been struggling with my eating so badly these last couple months since my dad died and I've gained 15 pounds!! I'm so disgusted with myself, but I can't seem to quit eating carbs. I know I can't cut them completely, but I can't remember ever craving carbs as much as I have lately. Trying to replace the junk carbs with fruit and whole grains as much as possible this week. I know part of it is emotional eating, because I have felt really let down by people who I thought were my friends. Even my church simply ignored the fact that my dad died. None of the youth pastors even asked the boys how they were doing. We've actually been thinking about changing churches. That's not the only, or even the biggest, issue, but it's kind of brought the fact that we're not accepted to the forefront, I guess.

Well, enough of my rambling....Keeping you all in my prayers, even when I'm just lurking and not posting:) Hope you all have a great weekend!

EZMONEY
06-05-2010, 12:31 AM
BOOTSIE ~ I heard this yesterday on Dr. Laura and thought of you :hug:

http://www.drlaura.com/letters/index.html?mode=view&tile=1&id=19688

Bootsie
06-05-2010, 02:09 AM
Yep! That could be me! I understand where she is coming from. People ask us why we do it sometimes if you can't get rich from doing it? Well....God put special people in special places that have a special love for the work they do. No I don't want to go out side sometimes but knowing I have someone who loves me and needs me motivates me. My animals are my friends and I love them.

Justwant2Bhealthy
06-07-2010, 09:37 PM
GARY ~ that story by Kathleen does sound like BOOTSIE; when we had our farm and animals ... it was LOVE of our furry friends that motivated us to feed them and clean their smelly pens and look after them in general; they give back so much LOVE that it is well worth it ... :D

I guess it is time that we moved into the new JUNE THREAD; we were all caught napping this month ... :lol: