Old 05-01-2010, 11:30 AM   #1  
improving life!

Height: 5'7"

Question Frame size?

So there are small, medium, and large frames and I always thought I was a medium frame just because I have never pictured myself as small per say; I have never been the small girl but I didn't think I had a large frame. But I figured I should figure out what my frame size is considered and on measuring my wrist at 6 inches and being 5'7" all the places online agreed that I am a small frame. I was very surprised and after finding this out I went around the internet to see what the ideal weight is for someone of my height and frame. The weight is lower than I thought and although with my bmi I am not considered overweight anymore, in accordance to frame I am a couple pounds overweight and the recommended weight range is lower than I thought.

So I guess what I wanted to talk about is how many of you choose a weight goal with your frame size in mind? Or if your goal weight chose you, is it in line with the frame size suggestions? I know I won't really know what weight I want to be until I get there and see my body but I am just curious about this and how much frame size plays a role in body weight.

heres a calculater: http://www.dietandfitnesstoday.com/bodyFrame.php

or here's a how to:
http://www.ehow.com/how_2346297_dete...rame-size.html
pinkalarmclock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 11:42 AM   #2  
Samantha417

I'm the same as you..5'7", 6in wrist. I am definitely not a small frame!! I have skinny fingers and thin wrists, but in my hips, there's no way that I could ever physically fit into a size 7. I'll always be a size 9.

My goal weight isn't based on my frame I guess, my goal is just the weight I was at before where I was the happiest. I wouldn't pay much attention to your frame size.
Old 05-01-2010, 12:13 PM   #3  

Height: 5'10

I'm 5'10" and 7inch wrist. Large Frame. I've always thought that.
BassAckwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 01:02 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 215/207.2/126

Height: 5'4.5

I have a small frame, so I set my goal as 125 at 5'4.5. Apperently, people of a small frame at my height can be as low as 110 pounds and still be happy, but I definitely want to be at least 120. It's a slow journey, but I can do it.
squishysquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 01:08 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 165.6/158.4/130

I'm a small frame too. Which makes my weight hard to figure. Supposedly my weight is healthy but I have an obvious tummy and thighs.
crcossel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 02:39 PM   #6  

Height: 5'1"

I have a large frame. My wrist is about 6.5 inches. Since I'm 5'1 I often wondedred if I'd feel better about my weight if it was in the 110s or 100s even. Then I looked at body frames and figured if I did go below 120, I might look pretty bad. Sickly even. Besides, I'm pear-shaped and my goal weight of 120 might not even be sustainable. I guess I'll have to wait and see how I feel as I reach closer to goal.
Fae10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 03:08 PM   #7  
Priscatip

Height: 5' 6"

I have a small frame (5'6" and a 6" wrist). However, if I ever weighed 125, I would be skin and bones. I'll keep the boobs and the booty, thanks.
Priscatip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 06:42 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Yeah, I also have a smallish frame by wrist size, but definitely not a small frame at the hips. I'm not sure I had 36" hips even when I was 18 and 120 pounds.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 07:14 PM   #9  
155LBS LOST

S/C/G: 300/145/140

Height: 5'3"

I have a large frame. I'm 5'3" and my wrist is 6.5, I can't touch any of my fingers to my thumb when wrapped around the smallest part of my wrist. I actually don't ming having a larger frame, I'm also pear shape so I tend to hide weight really well. lol
JennieLovesKisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 07:28 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 186/178.5/155

Height: 5'7.5"

Huh. I always assumed I was a medium or large frame. But at 5' 7.5" and a 6 inch wrist it says I have a small frame. I wouldn't have thought that but it's interesting to know. I'm still gonna stick with my weight loss goal for now. Maybe when I get there we'll see about smaller? lol
Alicia87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 10:59 PM   #11  
Going, going, gone

S/C/G: 295/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

I have a large frame (5'5", over 7" wrist--my fingers are more than an inch separated from each other if I wrap them around) and I hate it! All my life I wanted to have bird or elvin-like features (that's how I picture it), and my goal weight was 125, but I would love to be 120 or even less. I have the awful attitude that there is no such thing as too skinny, not for me. I realize that these attitudes are no good and I am trying to change because when I do come close to my (now higher) goal weight, I don't want to psych myself out. Anyway, I do envy you ladies with the smaller wrists and bone structures! I just asked my mom this afternoon if it was possible to lose weight in the wrist
asharksrevenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 11:56 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 323/311/160

Height: 5'6"

Geez, my wrist is only 5.5 inches. I've never pictured myself as small framed before, but I do suppose I do have very small hands and feet as well. Hm. Well! I guess I'll see when I lose the weight!

I have a goal weight up there, but I figure it's just a range. I'll see where my body looks good when it gets there. I've been fat since I was 8, and so I don't know what I look like not-fat to determine this... haha...
Everlasting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 12:22 AM   #13  
155LBS LOST

S/C/G: 300/145/140

Height: 5'3"

I'm pretty sure you can lose weight in your wrists as you do your hands/feet/neck. I'm curious to find out how much smaller my wrists will be when I hit my goal weight, since I have 60ish lbs to go!
JennieLovesKisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 08:31 AM   #14  
One step at a time

S/C/G: 183/136.2/125-130

Height: 5'7

I've always gone by the wrist rule, and at my height, I'm right on the cusp of medium/large frame. Also, going by the rule if your index/thumb meet around your wrist, you're medium, if they don't, you're large, if they overlap, you're small. Mine do meet, buy I have to stretch them a bit, which I guess would also indicate medium/large. I'd say that was a fair description. Even now that I'm fairly thin, I'm still just bigger than a lot of "skinny mini" girls. Even if I was emaciated, I wouldn't be tiny. From hip bone to hip bone and shoulder to shoulder, I have several more inches across than them.

That being said, I have a friend who had 100+lbs to lose (she's lost 50!), and she says that her wrist size has changed fairly significantly with her weight loss. And I imagine there's some fat storage in that area, but my wrists are fairly bony, so I think it's an accurate measurement for me.
mkendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 09:14 AM   #15  
improving life!

this is all pretty interesting! seems like most of you don't pay attention to your frame size, but some do. I had never factored it into my goal weight but its making me think about it. Most places online agree that for my height, age, and frame about 135 is my ideal weight which works out because I wanted to change m goal to 135 and even did for a little bit but thought I should get to 145 my rginal choice before I change it.

asharksrevenge i think its intereting that some women like that stick figure/really skinny look and some like the bigger girl, and some just like shapely. i've told many people I know that I would rather be overweight than a stick figure lol. i love having curves, my shapely butt has always been one of my features and I have to say I would hate to lose it! theres definitly a too skinny to me but to each her own!

JennieLovesKisses and mkendrick I wondered if people lost weight in their wrists but once I saw that that was how frame size was determined I figured they didn't. odd that people do lose weight there! but i guess it doesnt make sense if people didn't, even if frame size is determined by it. perhaps the people who made the test didn't figure in weight or assumed everyone would be at a "normal weight". who knows, but interesting.

Last edited by pinkalarmclock; 05-02-2010 at 09:15 AM.
pinkalarmclock is offline   Reply With Quote