WW Clubs and Groups - Thursday Chatters for May..........

jar1965
05-01-2010, 08:28 AM
Hello everyone! We are a great group of girls working hard on losing weight and or maintaining our weight losses. We come here and share our stories! All kinds of stories, weight loss - to our kids birthday parties and much much more! Please feel free to jump right in!

:dust:

jar1965
05-01-2010, 08:32 AM
Good Morning Ladies~!!!! Happy May! I am so glad it is here! I need the sunshine and warmth!

I hope you are all enjoying your w/e! I'm off this w/e, but work Mothers Day w/e. I don't mind since I only work a few w/e's a year now.

Marion - so glad Dan is feeling better!

Tammy - The wedding is approaching!~ So exciting! Hang in there and feel better soon!

Tina - Hope you are feeling better too!

Susan - woohoo, bags are on the way!!!

Dori & Maureen - Hope you guys are well and having a great w/e!

**Hugs to all my girls**

Mimi4fun
05-01-2010, 02:09 PM
Dans blood sugars are a lot better, hopefully if he continues to lose and eat well he can eventually come off meds.
I'm off to school tomorrow so am a little nervous about that. My books weigh a ton (well maybe 20 pounds) so I hope I don't need them in the classroom.
Have a good week everyone!!

jar1965
05-02-2010, 08:33 AM
Good Sunday morning everyone!!! Hope this finds everyone well!

Off to have my coffee! I'll catch ya all later!

zanheltangia
05-03-2010, 01:28 PM
Just jumping right in here, but Mimi, they may be heavy but it's like a little weight lifting every time you've got to haul them around, :D.

Tina
05-04-2010, 04:03 PM
Hi all,
Mimi, how was your first day of school. :)
How is everyone doing?
Hi Zan, welcome to the thread.
Anyone have any new recipes to share?

:flow1:

Mimi4fun
05-04-2010, 04:56 PM
First day of school was overwhelming to say the least, I am still exhausted today. All the lessons are online, and assignments as well so we have to get the notes online, print them off, and then I'm not sure yet what we do with them.

I have a great new recipe:
Its from the "Choice Menus" from the Canadian Diabetes society;

sorry I guess its upside down, I thought I was being clever
if your computer can't print the pdf file let me know and I will type the recipe in.
I had it for breakfast this morning and it was great.

I should add that I left the nuts out, so the points may be even a little less.
The toasted cinnamon is so good. I will be making it often.

maureen kempster
05-04-2010, 07:26 PM
thanks Marion-I saved it to my docs and I'll try it-glad to hear your son's doing okay-that must be a relief-
Tina, how are you feeling these days? how's the condo coming?
I'm not sure if i mentioned it, but I'm off to edmonton on the 21 st of may and returning the 29th-i have a week holidays-i'm not going out there at Christmas so thought i'd go now(I miss the people out there)

i hope everyone else is great I'll be here later I'm sure

take care
maureen

purple39
05-04-2010, 07:34 PM
Hi,,, I have just started Ideal Protein last thurs. It is not easy but I am hanging in there. I am looking for support,,,, hopefully I have come to the right place.....

jar1965
05-05-2010, 07:53 AM
GOOD MORNING EVERYONE!!!:coffee:

A huge welcome to our newbies!!!! :welcome3: Zahn & Purple!

Good news............the 3# gain I had.....is gone!!!!!!:carrot:

I'll report my WI results on Sunday!!! I've been thinking about that gain and actually it had fluctuated 5# for like 6 days. Well, I started to look into ALL the Lean Cuisines and Smart Ones that I eat. Sometimes I eat 2 a day! Well, the sodium is pretty high in those and I think I was retaining fluids. I haven't had one since Friday!

Well everyone have a great day! It's suppose to be 82 and sunny here today! Yay!!!!!!!:carrot::carrot::carrot:

Drink that water and shake those bootys!!!!! (except you Tina....:hug: hope you are feeling better)!
:dust:

jar1965
05-05-2010, 07:54 AM
PS - So glad I didn't change my tracker!!!!!;)

zanheltangia
05-05-2010, 09:30 AM
Congrats, Jar! Yeah, I've been dancing back and forth with the frozen meals. I've gotten to the point where I can't finish them lately, which is great 'cause I shouldn't be eating them to start with! :lol:

Hi all.

Mimi4fun
05-05-2010, 04:27 PM
Hmmm those frozen entrees are convenient, but sometimes have so little in them. I had one once and weighed the chicken that was in it. It was a little more than 1 ounce. just a lot of cheap carrots, celery and sauce, and you are right they have a lot of sodium. Great that you lost those water pounds.

Welcome Zan and Purple. Can you tell us what the Ideal Protein is Purple??

Tina
05-06-2010, 10:58 AM
I too have been eating those Lean Cuisine meals because it's easier to fix for lunches. Never thought about all the sodium. Yuck!
Mimi, you can do this!!!!! :dance: I'm sending good thoughts your way.
School will get easier.
Susan, you are quiet.
Tammy, Happy Birthday to you!!!!!!!
Dori, how are you?
Jeanne, bravo on finding out what was causing the gain.
Stephanie, we miss you posting.
Maureen, I go see my surgeon this afternoon. I hope I'm nice and sore for him to see and hear me moan. :lol: It would be ashamed to go in there feeling great, come out and feel lousy .........
New members-----welcome, again!

zanheltangia
05-07-2010, 10:31 AM
Usually my boss has me rolling my eyes for work related reasons, but I feel a little guilty for wanting to roll them yesterday.

The guy goes on about how he wants to lose some weight and talks about making sushi for the first time and how easy it was. Okay. Then he goes on to say that the rolling board works great for tortillas too, I would imagine so (and I could use all the help I could get in that department as I usually make a hole in them before I get the stuff wrapped up). Yeah, you can make some healthy options with that.

But for lunch he decides to take us to Burger King and orders a whopper and eats a large container of fries...

Sure, bossman, you "want" to lose weight, but you are sure not showing it! ;)
I'll bite my tongue as usual and be positive the next time he brings up wanting to lose weight, 'cause at least he's thinking about it. But really. There is the part where I wanted to roll my eyes. It's tough starting out.

I was stuck eating there so ordered a kids meal burger, ate the small fry, and stuck to water. I left the toy so I hope one of the little tykes at the next table snatched it up, :D.

That took a lot out of my daily food, but I switched to watermelon, honeydew melon, and a stick of sharp cheddar cheese for dinner, so I stayed on plan for the day without 'splurging', yay!

Tina
05-07-2010, 11:06 AM
Happy Friday!

Zan, that is crazy about your boss. :lol: People talk good but go back to old habits. Good for you, eating a small meal there and then having a healthy supper. Some places will substitute fruit for fries. I don't know if BK does that for kids.
Hey, I probably would've kept the toy! :lol: :dizzy:

I hope everyone is going to have a super Mother's Day weekend. Be sure to give your mother a big hug and kiss. :hug:

Oh, my surgeon said all things were looking good. One more week and I can slowly get back to "normal." I don't want to clean house!:p

Mimi4fun
05-07-2010, 12:02 PM
Hi Zan, yes your boss may be thinking about it, sometimes it takes a long time to get into the mind set. I actually find that a lot of men are better at that, they put a date in their mind and work towards it. Maybe he is thinking gee I will really miss BK so he orders what he usually does then thinks hmmm that really wasn't that good. Just be there to support him if (and when)he asks for it.
Hey is this the wedding weekend for Tammy????

Have a great weekend ladies!

Mimi4fun
05-07-2010, 12:05 PM
Tina. Thats great about your outcome. Is the pain a little less? How are you liking your new place??

zanheltangia
05-07-2010, 12:08 PM
They charge you $.80 extra for apple fries ( that probably come with caramel dipping sauce <- Oh, so healthy right? e.e; ) but I am picky with my apples ;) Granny Smith/Green all the way! :D

It was an Iron Man figure with a light-up chest. I would have kept him if you could move the arms at least, but no, no movement just a dim light effect. My desk could use a bit of color and personal flare but I get enough looks with my goofy comments, :lol:

Happy Friday all, mine is nearly half over, and I cannot wait for 3:30! I've got a mindless online computer game to vegg out to!

Tina
05-07-2010, 12:33 PM
Oooh, Iron Man.... I want to see that movie.

An extra charge for the apples is crazy! :dizzy::dizzy::dizzy:

Marion, yes, I am having less and less pain. The new place---I can't wait to finish emptying the boxes and start hanging pictures. After this surgery, Patience will never again be my middle name. :lol:

Tammy's birthday is this weekend. Tim gets married the next one.

zanheltangia
05-07-2010, 01:11 PM
That is awesome that the pain is lessening!
:hug:

Yeah, pure crazy because I would think that they would want to be getting rid of fruit in a fast food place (really, c'mon, who thinks the fruit at fast food places would be fresh/good right?).

I saw the first Iron Man movie, I dunno if I'll see the second. Let me know if it is any good, :D

jar1965
05-08-2010, 08:04 AM
Good Saturday Morning everyone!!!!!!:coffee:

Just getting ready for work! We have been sooooo busy with Mothers Day!
I wanted to say hi and hope ya all are doing well & staying OP!

Happy Mothers Day!

Tina
05-08-2010, 11:28 AM
Good morning :):):)
It's a beautiful day here. I actually have the windows open.:o The high today will only get up to 78. Yea!
Jeanne, I hope you have a good day at work.

Tammy :bday2you:
Susan, you are way too quiet. What's going on?
Maureen, I bet your children get in touch with you this weekend. :hug:
Mimi, how is Dan doing How is school? Oh, BTW, thanks again for that recipe. I'll have to get all the ingredients.

Speaking of such, we had the GE repairman here this morning. our new gas range always smells when I use the oven. He said that they get compaints all the time about it. The insulation has to burn off. ????? It takes 10 to 15 tiimes using the oven before the smell goes away. Yuck!
Dori, I hope you have a good Mother's Day.
Zan, Purple, Stephanie, have a great weekend.

jar1965
05-08-2010, 08:18 PM
Happy Birthday Tammy!!

:celebrate::hb:

jar1965
05-09-2010, 06:54 AM
HAPPY MOTHERS DAY EVERYONE!!!!

jar1965
05-09-2010, 08:31 AM
Good Morning! Just came up from my official WI and I'm proud to say I lost 1#! After a really trying week of that 5# up and down, I was very very pleased to get out of the 220's!!!! I have maintained 219# for 3 days in a row!!! Yay!:carrot:

You know. When I "re-started" this journey at the end of December, I put my goal weight at 199#! Then, I felt it was soooo far away and never going to happen! Soooo, now that I am 219 - I only have 20# to go!!!!! Ahhhhh!:carrot: Thanks girls for being there for me and pushing me along! I love you all!

maureen kempster
05-09-2010, 09:02 AM
Way to go Jeanne-you can do it- I take that back- you are doing it

hope everyone has a great day

maureen

Tina
05-09-2010, 11:19 AM
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY

Jeanne, you are awesome!!!!!

Tammy, how was the graduation and your birthday?

Everyone have a great day.

Mimi4fun
05-09-2010, 01:32 PM
Happy Mothers Day to us all

I found a new cool food in the foreign foods section of our local stores.
They are premade jelly's with Nata de Coco in them (its like chewy cubes of gelatin)

Each pudding has 109 calories but 7 grams of fibre. I believe it is a Phillipino food. Delicious coconut and pineapple flavour.

Tina
05-10-2010, 11:03 AM
Happy Monday

I hope we all have a great week.
Mimi, I'm not sure I would like that pudding as I'm not a fan of coconut.

Let's drink our water and get some exercise!

zanheltangia
05-10-2010, 01:59 PM
What's the brand name? :D

Mimi4fun
05-10-2010, 07:49 PM
the brand name is cocon its made in British Columbia so probably not available where you are but check the foreign foods section.

zanheltangia
05-11-2010, 09:30 AM
Maybe. But if I head toward Orlando on some rare weekend, I might find something in a specialty market. There are some nice shops to find unusual ingredients for Japanese or Chinese dishes, etc.

I love finding new (on plan) munchies, ;)

Tammy
05-11-2010, 11:13 PM
Hi! My name is Tammy, and I've been missing again. Sorry gang!! thanks for the birthday wishes on Saturday. It was a nice day. Tim graduated that day, so it was a bit emotional. Mother's Day was very nice. Attended a new church, and I will be going back. Healthwise, things have been crazy. Dizzy, shaky - all medical tests have come back normal. The doctor thinks it could be stress bothering my fibromyalgia and things are wacky. Tim's wedding is Saturday. I'm so happy for them, but I am so nervous about everything. I tried on my dress, and even though I haven't gained, I feel puffy in it. Drinking lots of water and staying away from sodium. Tomorrow I need to get things done here because we are leaving on Thursday morning. We'll take Maurice to the Pooch Parlor, and then head to Indiana.

I read through the posts, but I just don't have the energy to comment tonight. I hope I can get back to being a more regular poster once things calm down.

Love you guys!!

Tina
05-11-2010, 11:25 PM
Welcome Tammy, it's nice to meet you. :lol: :hug:
You have been so busy. I'm very sure your symptoms are because of the stress.
Are Tim and Lauren taking a honeymoon?
Wish we could all be there for the wedding.

jar1965
05-12-2010, 08:33 AM
Hi Tammy!!! So sorry you haven't been feeling well! I'm sure it's all the stress too!!;)

Have a great time at Tims wedding and we can't wait to hear and see pictures! Take care and hugs!!!!:hug:

maureen kempster
05-12-2010, 07:34 PM
Tammy
take some deep breaths, relax, and enjoy the day-take lots of pictures and we're all waiting here to see them-everything will be fantastic and you WILL ENJOY

maureen

Mimi4fun
05-12-2010, 09:37 PM
Tammy don't worry we will catch you up when you come back. Have a great time, and yes we can't wait to see pictures.

Mimi4fun
05-12-2010, 09:39 PM
My son's girlfriend just found out today that she is borderline diabetic and a friend found out a few weeks ago. I feel like I am in an epidemic zone.
Now we all will have to eat healthier.

Tina
05-12-2010, 11:52 PM
Wow, Mimi, you are in a "zone." At least, you have healthy things in your house now.

I hope everyone is doing well.
I am doing better every day. Today, I weighed and was at my tracker weight. I was thrilled!!!!!
Because of all the soreness, I haven't been able to walk. The dr. wants me to take it real easy. So, I've got to rest and make myself stay away from food. :lol:

Mimi4fun
05-13-2010, 12:57 PM
Thats great Tina, yes please follow your docs orders, you don't want to undo any of the progress from the surgery.

Dan and I had a discussion about whether Diabetes may be (partly) caused by a virus. He said in the spring is when most diabetics are diagnosed. Just remember 20 years down the road that you heard that hypothesis from me first.

Tina
05-13-2010, 01:04 PM
Hi all,
Mimi, you should be a doctor instead of a nurse. :) :hug:
(I will try to take it easy.)
Susan, you need to post!!!!

I hope Tammy and Tim had a safe trip and aren't stressing out too much.
Jeanne, now that Mother's Day is over, maybe you can rest before Father's Day, or is there another holiday before that?

Dori, You Can Do This!

Stephanie, we miss you.
Zan, how are things with you?

Maureen, I promise to post photos as soon as the place looks more 'lived-in." Soon I'll be able to shop for rugs, curtains and something to put on the walls. How is the treadmill walking?
When is your trip?

Everyone drink you water and stay OP.

zanheltangia
05-13-2010, 01:08 PM
Still mentally recovering from my doctors' visits. ;)

Oh, and there is memorial day on the 31st! (I get the day off, squee! :carrot:)

Happy Thursday all!

I better get my butt into the gym before next wednesday. :D

Tina
05-17-2010, 12:13 AM
Good evening,
I hope this has been a great weekend.
Did we all stay OP? Oops! I can't say that I did.

Tammy, we all want to hear everything about the wedding.

Tina
05-17-2010, 11:04 PM
Where is everyone?????

zanheltangia
05-18-2010, 09:09 AM
I dunno about the rest, ;), but I was fighting off boredom yesterday with some 80s music and an angry headache this morning with a pair of Excedrin tension head pills.

So glad that that headache has cleared up (took an hour at work to evaporate, a good twenty minutes of it was spent in a meeting with my eyes three-quarters of the way shut and glasses on top of my head).

Such a whiner I am, :lol:

Ah well, I need to catch back up with my threads and my friends. :hug:

How is everyone so far this week? :D

jar1965
05-18-2010, 09:13 AM
Hi everyone! I'm here. Yesterday I typed a nice little thread and boom it was gone and i didn't have the time or patience to re-type it!

Tammy - I sooooo enjoyed looking at the wedding pictures on fb!!!! I saw Laurens too! Looked absolutely beautiful!!!!:carrot:

Tina - I'm on vacation! Shhhhhh, don't tell anyone, I heard that if anything "happens" to your home while you are on vacation and the insurance companies find it on the pc where you actually "announced to the world" that you were gone, you are found at fault! And....insurance companies don't have to pay!

Well, anyways, this vacation is being spent right here at home! Enjoyng some down time with my husband. We got Kaits graduation invites done and mailed out! Done some shopping. Had the carpets cleaned. And.....we were going hiking but the darn rain won't stop.

Well gotta scoot. Headed out to vote and then out for breakfast! I hope I see a loss this week. This vacation is killing me on the eating out!!!!

nikkic718
05-18-2010, 12:32 PM
omg!!! i finally found all of you! lol its been soooooo long! I deleted my FB bc it was starting to consume my life and got sucked into all the drama lol.

So heres the update: We lost our baby last Friday. They induced me on Sunday and I delivered our angel baby on 5/10/10 at 5 am. I am hurt sad mad enraged depressed and confused. The reason we lost the baby was due to a chromosome defect and my body just terminated the pregnancy. We thought I was 16 weeks when we went for the checkup last Friday ( i had no signs or symptoms of a miscarriage) and found out that our lil one had passed at about 14 1/2 weeks.

SO.............. I am back and ready to continue my weight loss journey with you wonderful ladies!!!! I apologize for neglecting all of you! The good thing is that with this pregnancy I have maintained my weight so I am still 275. Ray and I are going to start trying for another baby in January, so I need to be as healthy as I possibly can be!

I know that this was Gods plan and a ****ty plan it is but it has definatley been a HUGE kick in my butt to get healthy not only for me but for Ray and our future family............So ladies I need your help in getting back the motivation to do this. Im extremely depressed and hurt. We go back to the drs on Fri for our check up so hopefully he will be able to give us a lil more insight on what we can do or if there are any support groups we can join and what not.

So Im back ladies and Im ready to shed these pounds I have 6 mths to get as healthy as I can be!!!!!!

P.s I missed you all! :)

Mimi4fun
05-18-2010, 02:03 PM
Oh Nikky I am so sorry for your loss. Yes please seek out help from a support group. There just isn't anything that I can say that will make it different, but know that there are lots of us who will listen with supportive hearts. Tell Ray I feel for him too. We did miss you and were wondering where you were but of course hoped for the best.
Still struggling with my weight with good and bad days.

zanheltangia
05-18-2010, 02:06 PM
Nikkic, :hug:

nikkic718
05-18-2010, 02:08 PM
thank you Mimi!!!! :hug: Its def a struggle jsut to get out of bed BUT I am going to do this for me Ray and our future children and I know from experience you ladies are the ladies that will kick my butt into gear!!!! :D

nikkic718
05-18-2010, 02:12 PM
Zan~ thank you!!! and very nice to meet you!!!!

Tina
05-18-2010, 02:21 PM
Nikki,
I am so very sorry about your baby. :hug: We are here for you and Ray. You have been terribly missed.
Yes, get some support, along with coming here to talk to us.

nikkic718
05-18-2010, 03:15 PM
awe tina thank you!!!!:hug: i missed you 2!!! I just need all the support I can get and I knew this was the right place to get the support for both! :)

auntie
05-18-2010, 05:17 PM
hi All,

Life has been extremely busy! But count down has begun for summer!!!!! I'm so ready for it!!!

Nikki, I'm so sorry..... check your private messages because I'll be sending you one.

Jeanne, I'M JEALOUS!!!!!

Tammy, the wedding was beautiful... and so was the groom's mother!!!!

Tina, how are you feeling?

Blairsey
05-18-2010, 07:35 PM
Hi, all! I'm Blaire- SAHM with 4 little ones ages 7, 5, 3, 2 years. I've been counting calories since mid-January and doing very well, I've lost 55 pounds. BUT, I've started slowing down and losing motivation. So, I thought I'd give Weight Watchers a try. I started tracking points yesterday and I'll go to my first meeting Thursday. One of my sisters is going with me, so that should be fun.

Nikkic- :hug:

nikkic718
05-18-2010, 08:15 PM
Auntie- thank you!!! check your messages i replied.

Blair~ Thank you and:welcome:

maureen kempster
05-18-2010, 08:24 PM
Nikki-sorry for your loss and glad that you feel comfortable here-welcome all the newcomers. we're all in the right place

maureen

jar1965
05-19-2010, 08:40 AM
Good morning ladies!

Welcome back Nikki! And ditto what everyone said! :hug:

Welcome Blaire! So glad you found us! Good luck and we can't wait to get to know you!;)

off to get my coffee!!!!!!!! Be back later!:cool:

zanheltangia
05-19-2010, 09:02 AM
Has the week seemed to drag on for anyone? I feel like it should be Saturday already!

Ah well, I've got a busy day ahead of me, once I get out of work that is, ;).

Tina
05-19-2010, 10:57 AM
Good morning all,

Zan, it has been a busy week for me. I'm ready for the weekend.

Blair :welcome:
I am Tina. I have one son. We recently downsized to a townhome and still have boxes to unpack. I've been a WW Lifetime member for a very long time----but not always within goal range. :o

Jeanne, you lucky duck--a home vacation! :bravo:

Mimi, how is school coming? Have you already had lots of tests?

Maureen, how is the treadmill? Are you taking a vacation soon?

Tammy, please tell all about the wedding.

Susan, how many more days until vacation? How is your mom?

Dori, I know you are ready for summer?

Nikki, be strong.
Stephanie, please get your computer fixed. :)

Mimi4fun
05-19-2010, 11:27 AM
Wow, what a week!
It looks like most of us are posting again. School is going great but a lot of work, I don't know if I will be able to do it once I am back working full time, but I've got to try.
Welcome to our group Blair. You will find Weight Watchers a very sensible way to lose weight and it gives you a little flexibility. I hope you do well on it.
Tammy the wedding pics are great. Is there some significance to the grooms cake??

nikkic718
05-19-2010, 11:49 AM
G'Morning All!!! :hug:

So its officially the first day back on track!!! Lol I feel like i forget everything and how to eat!

i need to get my blood sugar down any suggestions???

I hope everyone has a Happy Hump Day!!!!

Lets hope this day goes fast bc I havent been able to sleep at all and Im finally just so sleepy I think I might be able to sleep tonight. :(:coffee:

Tina
05-19-2010, 12:29 PM
Hi Nikki,
I don't know anything about blood sugar. Mimi could help you with that.

Why don't you tell your dr. about not sleeping. My dr. told me to try Advil PM. However, you need to run it by yours before trying anything.

nikkic718
05-19-2010, 12:53 PM
Thanks Tina~

they dont know if my BS was high due to the pregnancy or not. I think my body is coming down from all the valium and percocet they had me on this past week and now Im taking nothing so everything has become reality and not so foggy and dream like ITS REAL and its becoming harder for me to cope with it. We go to the drs on friday so we will see then. But thank you.

as far as today goes IM SO HUNGRY lmao

Blairsey
05-19-2010, 01:35 PM
Day 3 on WW and I'm doing really well with it. TOM arrived this morning and, STILL, I saw a loss on the scales! Whoopee!

I've been kinda busy all week, but YEP it is definitely creeping by. I thought today should be Thursday! Tomorrow is the last day of school for my first-grader. I'm sooo glad, we miss her around here. She has had a great year and a wonderful teacher, and has learned so much. Here's to summer vaca!

Thanks for the welcome, everyone.

nikkic718
05-19-2010, 01:42 PM
Blair~ YAY!!!!!!!!:cheer: thats wonderful!!!!!!

I cant wait to see a change in the scales I will have an official weight on Fri..........ughhhhh dreading it lol

zanheltangia
05-19-2010, 03:06 PM
I've got my WI in 3.5 hours. I'd just like to get it over with so I can head home and jump on the computer! ;) My computer game is calling out to me.

I think I am going to quit WW meetings and just do it on my own, it's not helping any more and is just taking up time.

maureen kempster
05-20-2010, 06:53 AM
Hi everyone-
good to see all the new faces here. Welcome-Tammy, have you settled back to some kind of normallacy now that the wedding is over? Hope you're feeling better too. Marion, how's your son doing with his eating program and sugar levels? and you with your courses? Tina, have you settled into your space yet-still waiting for pictures. Susan, almost finished with school, any plans for the summer? I'm off to Edmonton tomorrow evening for a week. Not sure if I'm looking forward to it or not. My sister and I are talking about going to Boca Raton in Sept for a week-her coworker has a condo down there that she might rent to us. We'll see, either that or Cuba. Pretty bad when I haven't even started my holidays and I'm already planning my next!!

hope everyone has a great day on program

maureen

jar1965
05-20-2010, 09:13 AM
Good Morning everyone!

:carrot::carrot:Woohooo! Good job Blaire!

Zan - how was WI?

Nikki - How did your first day back on WW go?

Tina, Tammy, Susan, Marion, Dori, Maureen & everyone else.....Thinking of you and love you all!

zanheltangia
05-20-2010, 09:19 AM
Pretty good, Jar. I am down -1.8 lbs. A little more than 6 lbs to lose before I fall out of the obese range for my height, :carrot:!

Happy Thursday all, the weekend is nearing! :D

:hug:,
Zan

Tina
05-20-2010, 11:35 AM
:bravo: Zan :dance: :carrot:

zanheltangia
05-20-2010, 02:06 PM
Thanks Tina! :hug:

Are any of you ladies part of or former members of the "clean your plate" club? I find it hard to stop when I am satisfied, but I managed not to eat all of the tasty rice on my plate when we stopped at a Cuban place for lunch. I'm pretty full on what my eyes were telling me was a small amount (when compared to what I used to eat), I am definitely a work in progress! :lol:

Anyone have plans for this weekend? :D

maureen kempster
05-21-2010, 09:05 AM
Good morning all

well, I have today off and don't go back to work until the 31st-hurray!! I'm off to Edmonton this evening and I'm looking forward to seeing my sons(I think) and old friends. The weather has been nice there the last few days so hopefully it will continue. I'll keep you all posted.

have a great friday

maureen

Tina
05-21-2010, 11:33 AM
Happy Friday!!! :dance:

Zan, I guess I clean my plate but only have smaller helpings on it. :D
As for my weekend---David (son) is beginning his move into a rented townhome. Larry will be helping him move a few things that the movers can't touch. I will get to supervise this time. No lifting or pushing for me. Nice!!!

Maureen, have a wonderful vacation!

What's everyone else doing?????

nikkic718
05-22-2010, 09:42 AM
First off GOOOOD early Sat morning Ladies!! ;)

Super cloudy and rainy here in Ohio, seems like rain or the "s-word" lol around here never any sun! lol

Maureen~ I have to admit I'm SUPER jealous :p of your planned vacation!!!

Jeanne~ ummmmmmmmmm, it was a power struggle between me and the food.......however......I held my own and think I came out on top!

Zan~ I must say I'm also extremely jealous of your height!!!! lol

So Ray and I had our follow up appt w the dr yesterday and basically he just repeated what he had told us at the hospital. He said that there was nothing to do that we could have done to prevent what had happened. :( On a brighter note..........we can try again in about 5 mths ( Ray says January)
We also found a house we are in love with!!! A cute little 3 BR house with about 2.5 acres of land, needless to say I'm not mowing!!! lol although I guess that could be some great cardio?!

So fingers crossed ladies bc I think were going to try to put a bid in on monday. We really need something positive to happen to us!!!! So lots of prayers!!!

I hope you ladies have a WONDERFUL weekend!!!!

O and I know that everyone in Ohio (like retail stores) are asking for people to donate to the March of Dimes........if you can spare a dollar please donate........if I can help promote babies being born healthy then maybe what happened to us wont happen to someone else :)

p.s I lost 5 lbs!!!! prob all fluid but still its 5 lbs!!!

Tina
05-22-2010, 03:10 PM
Nikki, congratulations on that 5 lb. loss.

It's great that you and Ray can try again.
My fingers and toes are crossed for y'all getting the house.

jar1965
05-23-2010, 08:54 AM
Nikki - congrats on the 5#! Thats great~!!!!:carrot:

No loss to report here this week! :o Vacation and eating out, not too mention the few ice cream cones I "may" have eaten this week didn't help! But.....at least I maintained it! haha! I can't bellieve I'm going to say this, but.....I need Monday to come so I can get back into my routine! (Urgh AND I HATE MONDAYS)!

Well hope you all had a great w/e! Mine went by fast. Kaitlins dance recital was lastnight. 4 hours! But it was her last and it was beautiful!

Have a great day ladies!

Mimi4fun
05-23-2010, 12:18 PM
Nikki! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you on Monday. Good Luck

auntie
05-23-2010, 07:06 PM
Hi,
School is rapidly winding down. Yesterday was our big Deaf Ed performance which took most of the day. Glad it's over. One full week left then we have off for Memorial day and then exams and kids are out at 1:00. I'm in count down mode!!!!! My nephew will be here that weekend , the first Monday I have a workshop and that Friday too. Oh and a graduation on Tuesday night. It will be a busy first week off then NOTHING!!

Sounds like everyone has been busy!

Nikki, good luck with the house! Keep us posted! Your doctor is right!!!! You just have to believe him. Trust me :) :hug: Ray sounds like an incredible guy!

Tammy, have you gotten some rest? Guess where we are going next summer??? Your favorite place....... Disney... Going with my sister and her family.

Tina, how are you feeling? Is David moving closer to you?

Maureen, How's the walking going?

Mimi, sounds like you are rockin and rollin with your studies! Good for you.

Jeanne, sorry you have to go back to work!

Oh, I forgot to tell ya'll I'm down 15 yes 15 pounds!!! I'm not eating simple sugars and really watching what I'm eating. I have a lot more to go but it's a start!

Well off to do some chores... would rather take a nap :)

Tina
05-23-2010, 08:26 PM
Greetings....:D
Yes, it's been a great weekend.

Jeanne, ice cream cones sound so good. Yum
A routine is always good for us, even if it means vacation is over. :(
You'll lose more pounds now that it's over.

Mimi, how is Dan doing?

Maureen, I hope you are having a ball on your trip.

Tammy, I hope you are feeling better by now.

Siusan, You Go Girl!!!!! Wow, not eating those sugars has you losing a lot. Count down to summer is great!

Dori, Stephanie, Nikki, Zan take it easy this week.

zanheltangia
05-24-2010, 10:57 AM
Congrats Nikkic and Auntie! :bravo:

I should have taken it easy this weekend, Tina, I think I could count the hours of sleep I got on Friday thru Sunday night on two hands total! No wonder I am dragging this Monday workday! Lost the headache I woke up with so that's a plus!

Spent all weekend with friends and a quick visit with family. It's tough to see them now that I am a couple counties away, I am used to a twenty-minute drive tops instead of nearly two hours one way, :dizzy:.

Ah well. No exercise for me this afternoon, I think I'll be lucky to make it to my bed once I unlock the front door! :lol:

Hm, the carpeting is comfy. ;)

Mimi4fun
05-24-2010, 11:37 AM
Susan; that's great news Congratulations!!

nikkic718
05-24-2010, 12:01 PM
G'morning my lovlies! :coffee:

Hope you all had a great weekend!!!! Mine was actually kinda busy, but I feel like we did nothing! lol

As for the house we arent putting in a bid today but hopefully this week! I think we went over there like 50 million times this week lol. I wanted sooooooooo bad to rip the for sale sign out of the front yard and throw it in the woods lmao........rebellious, right?! Although that prob woulda burned some calories, right?! lol

Tina~ thank you for the fingers and toes being crossed........we need it!:crossed:

Jeanne~ yay on the dance program.......I wish I could dance however I have no rythem and am DEFINATLEY not graceful lmao.........

Auntie~ Thank you so much!

Hoping this week goes by fast bc Im off fri sat sun mon!!!!! whoooo hooooo:carrot:

p.s Jeanne I totally know what you mean about mondays and a routine!!!! bc I feel the same way!!! I feel like I fall off the wagon on the weekends lol although i didnt eat THAT bad but I def didnt stay on point! lol plus Ray has the body of a 17 yr old track star lmao and eats whatever he wants! Although he tries so hard to help me stay on point.:)

Well my beautiful ladies have a wonderful Monday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (at least try lol)

Tammy
05-24-2010, 09:23 PM
Hello Ladies!!!
Still kind of out of it, but I'm here. The wedding was beautiful!!! I didn't trip and fall when I went up to light the candle, and I didn't set the church on fire, so I think that's a good thing! Lauren cried coming down the aisle, and so did the pastor! He has known her for many years. He had some trouble getting through the beginning of the ceremony. The weather was so nice, and just everything went well. I have some pictures on FB, but I don't know how to get them on here. Everytime I try to put a picture on here, it never works.

I started back to the Y classes last week, and I have had no more dizzy or shaky problems. Guess the problems were stress leading up to graduation and the wedding.

Hope you are all doing well!! I'm going back to read posts.

Tammy
05-24-2010, 09:36 PM
Marion, the groom's cake wasn made into a lighthouse because Tim and Bob loved lighthouses. The unity candle also had a lighthouse on it. Just a little way to have Bob there.

Tina, they went to Disney for their honeymoon! Shock?? They used my time share that I have there.

Zan, I smiled when I read about you and the 80's music. Sometimes I put on 70's music and just boogy around the house.

Jeanne, hope you enjoyed the vacation at home.

Nikki, my heart aches for you and Ray. Hang tough! Getting support is a good thing.

Blaire, that's great that your sister is going to WW with you.

Susan, maybe I should go to Disney next summer too!

Tina
05-25-2010, 07:03 PM
Good afternoon,
I guess everyone is having a busy day.

Jeanne, how was the first day back from vacation. Boo...to getting up early.
Tammy, it is great to hear from you. Your hair looked pretty in the photos. I'm glad you are feeling better now.
Susan, just a few more days!!!!!
Zan, it sounds like you had a fun weekend? Have you ever been to Key West? We went to a wedding down there a couple of years ago. Great place.
Mimi, how is school?
Maureen, have fun and tell us all about it.
Stephanie, where are you?????
Nikki, are you sleeping better now? Did the dr. give you something? Are you eating healthy snacks? I need to go buy some of those. :)

I went to the dentist today. Yuck---not my favorite thing. I have a little mouth ulcer that's been giving me fits. He gave me Rx dental paste to use twice a day. Yuck, again. No spicy food for now. What will I do without my Mexican food????!!!! :lol:

Stay OP and drink your water!

zanheltangia
05-26-2010, 10:08 AM
Yeah, I've been to the keys a few times. But it's like having a vacation resort in your backyard, it's just not that impressive to locals, ;). But then again, maybe it's just because I am not a drinker, shopper, or club-hopper? :D It is nice to play tourist every now and again though.

Yeah, my weekend was awesome. Got to hang out with four friends whom I haven't be able to sit down and chat with in what feels like years!

maureen kempster
05-26-2010, 11:43 AM
Good morning all
made it to Edmonton and have had a few nice visits with my sons-my oldest who lives in Calgary couldn't make it up-but the other 2 I saw. Managed to visit my old co workers and will be meeting up with my old boss for coffee in about an hour.-they're good for the ego-even if they don't mean it they all say they wish I was back here-makes a person feel good for a bit any way.
the weather's nice now-when I arrived it was horrible.
hope we all have a great day.
maureen

nikkic718
05-26-2010, 12:25 PM
MORNING LADIES!!!

So I walked jogged 2 miles last night!!! whoo hoooo then i passed out lol no jk but i did fall asleep REALLY quick lol.

Can someone tell me a good scale to buy bc the one i have says one day I'm a # then the next day it says i gained 20 lbs lmao.

Hope you all have a great day!!!!!!!!!

zanheltangia
05-26-2010, 02:58 PM
:bravo: Nikkic, Congrats on those 2 miles!

On the scale issue, I recommend a basic digital. The science hasn't quite got the whole measuring of body fat down with them yet (too wonky, and can really give bad results depending on whether or not you just hopped out of the shower or drank a few glasses of water, etc), so I'd avoid that feature.

I use this one and got the same for my parents:

http://www.amazon.com/EatSmart-Precision-Digital-Bathroom-Technology/dp/B001KXZ808/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1274896632&sr=8-2

nikkic718
05-26-2010, 03:15 PM
thanks Zan!! ya i think i might get that one! bc my scale is driving me batty!!! lol Thanks for the help!

zanheltangia
05-26-2010, 03:35 PM
No prob and you're welcome, :D

jar1965
05-26-2010, 05:49 PM
:carrot::carrot:OH SUSAN....THAT IS SPECTACULAR!!!!!! YOU GO GIRL! *HUGS*:carrot::carrot:

Mimi4fun
05-26-2010, 06:22 PM
Great Going Nikki! I recommend just a basic digital scale too. Mine is a Weight Watcher Conair (guaranteed for life). Make sure you weigh on a smooth flat floor and not carpet.
Maureen sounds like you miss living out there just a little? Dan doesn't

auntie
05-26-2010, 11:12 PM
Hi,
Nothing new here.... I'm now officially down 16 pounds. I just hope it keeps coming off!

Jeanne, thanks!!!

Nikki, I'm super impressed about the jogging. I can't..... had partial knee replacement but would like to!

Zan, glad you got to be with your friends.

Maureen, glad you had a good time!

Tina, 6 days!!!!!!!

Tammy, how's life? Glad you are feeling better!!!!

zanheltangia
05-27-2010, 09:09 AM
Thanks Auntie, and congrats on those 16 pounds!

Mimi4fun
05-27-2010, 05:22 PM
Yay Susan what are you doing differently??

redfish53
05-27-2010, 06:08 PM
I am starting weight watchers tonight! First weigh in :-) I'm am very excited to get started and I figured I would see if there was a support message board out there that I could use as my home base out on the net.

A little about me, I'm a guy, 37. I got divorced a 4 years ago and I have gained 100 pounds since then :-O :( I have decided enough is enough and I'm making a change. Right now I'm 325-330 I think put I will know for sure tonight. I'll come post an update after I go to the meeting!

Any advice for a newbie????

Clint - Texas

Tina
05-27-2010, 07:35 PM
:welcome: Clint!!!!!
Wow, it's nice to have another Texan on the boards. :) I live in Houston. And, there's another Texan, Susan (Auntie) on here.
We are here to help you--give you encouragement and advice. :)
Also, come to our other thread, Thursday Weigh-In Results.

Susan, you are amazing with that 16 lb loss!!!

When does Maureen get back? Is it Monday?

I don't know what we'll do this holiday weekend. Stay around here is probably the plan.
Tina

maureen kempster
05-27-2010, 08:47 PM
Hi

Tina I get home on saturday-lots to think about when i do-
welcome Clint- you're in the right place-you'll do great
Susan, fantastic on the 16 lbs lost-I know where they are if you want them back!! lol
Mimi how are things with you? are you getting that heat wave that Ottawa's getting? I'm glad I'm here right now-
hope you all have a great rest of the evening

Tina, still waiting for those pictures!!
maureen

jar1965
05-27-2010, 08:48 PM
:welcome3: Clint!!!! :welcome3:

yooperfinn
05-27-2010, 09:41 PM
Hi....Can't seem to get going again. I think I need to check in here once in awhile to get some ideas.

jar1965
05-28-2010, 07:29 AM
Morning everyone!:coffee: Yawwwwwn! I haven't been able to get back into it all week! Yikes..........

Welcome yooperfinn! So glad you found us! Good luck getting back into the swing of things!

NSV - soooo, I haven't seen anything on the scales in a couple of weeks, but......I went shopping yesteday and was able to buy XL's and size 16 pants!!! Thats huge for me!!! I haven't been in those sizes in years! It feels good and I just want to shop shop shop! People are commenting a lot now too! So.....thats my story! hahah!

Many of you are probably TGIF!!!! Not me.....urgh.....it's my w/e to work! Can you believe it! A holiday w/e and I scheduled myself to work Sat., & Sun! Trying to be fair to my employees!:dizzy:

Well have a great day! Drink your water, stay OP and shake those bootys!!!!

girlieyorkie
05-28-2010, 09:49 AM
Hi,
May I join your group?
I'm new to WW and would love to learn more about the program.
I signed up for WW online sunday, I feel I need some sort of support group, because I don't get to go to meetings.
Please to meet everyone.:wave:

Tina
05-28-2010, 10:13 AM
Yooper and Elyn :welcome:
This is the place to be!
Journal, Journal, Journal. Did I say Journal. :) :lol: That's the only way I can lose. It holds me accountable.

Jeanne, sorry you have to work this w/e. Take it easy. Oh, and many congrats on buying those clothes. That's fantastic!

Tina
05-28-2010, 10:16 AM
p.s.
Has anyone noticed--We've had over 1,000 views of the Chatters Thread. Wow!!! I hope people will come on in and post with us.

redfish53
05-28-2010, 11:59 AM
Thanks for all the warm and exciting welcomes!!

redfish53
05-28-2010, 10:14 PM
hit the surf tonight for 3 hours of wade fishing. Caught a hammerhead shark :dizzy: and had Flippers all around me, and even had a HUGE sea turtle swim about 6 feet in front of me...what a cool way to get some exercise!

Mimi4fun
05-28-2010, 10:35 PM
Welcome Yooper and Yorkie and again to you Clint.
Clint that sounds super exciting. Here's maybe a dumb question. Do you eat the shark?

auntie
05-28-2010, 11:02 PM
Hi all!!!!

Welcome to all the new folks! Do you mind if you tell us a little about yourself! We'll do the same....

I'm Susan and I live in the Dallas area. I am a deaf ed/multiple handicap teacher. I love my job but some days are harder than others. Oh and I have 4 days of school left. I've struggled with my weight as long as I can remember. I'm a life timer but when I gained it back all the pounds brought a few friends with them. This is a great group!!! We are very supportive and have been through a lot together....through many laughs and tears! So please join us!

Ok.... did I tell you.... 4 days of school left!!!!! :carrot: I'm so ready!!!! I am close to being at 18 pounds. Well, I was until I had pizza tonight :)

Clint, your fishing sounds like a lot of fun!!! I'm jealous!

Tina, how are you feeling?

Jeanne, YEA on the new clothes! I think some new shorts are in my near future... I'm going to hold off as long as possible! Silly thing, scheduling yourself to work :D

Tammy, what's new with you?

Maureen, but you are exercising! I plan on getting back into the routine soon!

Mimi, I cut out all simple sugars and carbs! My doctor told me to not eat anything that comes in a package ... she said if it looks good, don't eat it! I've also cut out anything that has sugar or imitation sugar for the most part. YES this includes giving up my diet Dr. Pepper. I've had 1 in almost 8 weeks. My doctor wanted me to do this to see if we can get my triglcyerides down. She said it might help me lose weight.

I have to get back to swimming. After my daddy passed away, I just haven't been able to get back into it. There has been too much going on but with school winding down, I'm heading back to the pool.

I'm ready to get back home to visit my mom. I'll go down in a week or so after school is out. My nephew is coming to visit first.

redfish53
05-28-2010, 11:26 PM
I let the shark go :D

jar1965
05-29-2010, 09:28 AM
Good Morning EVERYONE!!!!

Welcome Yooper & Yorkie! So glad you found us! Can't wait to get to know ya' all better!:welcome2:

For all you new folks....I'm Jeanne, age 45 :o, married, 2 daughters 18 & 23 we have a dog and a house rabbit! (Abby & Peanut) I work for a CHOCOLATE Co. Yes, CHOCOLATE~! Any facebook users can find us there at Barkus Chocolates.
I started at 252# and through WW and my great friends here supporting me, I am now at 219 (until tomorrow......) So, thats that! ;)

Have a great day and I'm off to work! Boo!

Hugs my dear friends! Drink your water, shake those bootys and journal!!!!!

Tammy
05-29-2010, 09:59 PM
Welcome to all of the newbies!!!! And hello to all of my old friends!!!

Wed, Thurs, and Fri were not good days. Fibro pain. On Wed., I almost called Tim to come and help me out of bed it was that bad. went to bed last night, and I slept 11 1/2 hours straight. This is the first day I have felt good since Tuesday morning.

For the newbies, I am Tammy, I am widowed almost 2 years (that is sooo hard to believe), I have a son who graduated from college on May 8 and got married on May 15. My new dil is a sweetie. I taught elementary school for 30+ years, and I retired the spring of 2007. I have a chocolate dapple dachshund named Maurice! He is a hoot!!

This week is break week at the Y, but on Tues. and Thurs. nights I will be starting the training for a 5K that is the end of July. I know that I can't run it since doctor says no, but I can walk it faster than I did last year maybe.

I got weighed this morning for the first time in ages. Hoping to be the same or a loss. I gained a gazillion pounds. Tim and Lauren can't figure it out because we've been eating together alot, and they know what I'm eating. I guess I need to try something that I've not tried before and see if anything happens. Not sure what that's going to be.

I have never changed my tracker since I redid it a while back, so that will still be my starting point for the first 20 pounds.

Love all of you, and I thank you for your support over all the years.

Mimi4fun
05-29-2010, 10:51 PM
Hi Tammy, nice to meet you HeeHee.
Well you've had a lot on your plate the last few years. Be happy and get some rest that fibro keeps you from moving when you get rested up you can tackle the weight again.
You can always go back to the basics, measure, weigh, and write everything down sometimes it just gets away from us. I admit I have been struggling lately too. But its those mid evening snacks that are doing me in.
We will do better.

Mimi4fun
05-29-2010, 11:02 PM
Hi I'm Marion. I live in Kitchener, Ontario, Canada.
I'm 57 and divorced with two grown sons who both still live at home.
I am a Personal Support Worker. That means I work in peoples homes helping them (mostly seniors) bath, get dressed, walk. exercises, and most important a live person who cares about and for them. I specialize in Palliative Care that means care of the those with terminal illness.
I have a white cat Eddie!
Presently I am on disability but should be going back to work next month. I go to College once a week and am training to be a Practical Nurse.
I count my points (even the bad ones) and walk almost everyday. Now that the hot weather is here I work out to walk away the pounds in my living room.
That's enough of my not so secrets for now.

Tina
05-29-2010, 11:46 PM
Hi all,
I really need to get back to journaling. I thought I just had water retention but now know I've gained a couple of pounds. I know it's from not getting enough exercise because of my surgery. And, it's hot outside. :o

Tammy, you've had a hard few months. Just take it easy and begin doing what Mimi said. ;)

Everyone have a great Sunday.

maureen kempster
05-30-2010, 07:25 AM
Good morning all
I made it back home yesterday afternoon-good to go away great to get home-
Hello to all the new people-you're all in the right place
Tammy, ditto on what Marion says-take care of yourself you've been going high speed for a long time.
to introduce myself to the new people:

I'm a soon to be 63 year old, separated person-I live in Gatineau, Quebec(right across the Ottawa River from Ottawa, Ontario)-I work full time in a staffing agency-I'm a life time member of weight watchers but have managed to gain back almost all that I'd lost-so like everyone else, I'm here trying to lose and feel good.
Tina, I'm going to start journalizing again and no matter how hot it gets here I'm getting back on the treadmill today.

I hope we all have a great Sunday.
take care
maureen

girlieyorkie
05-30-2010, 08:36 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone, I'm really pleased to have found this group.
I'm Elyn an RN from Florida, married a Dane and moved to Denmark many, many, moons ago.
I have maintained my RN license, completing my CEUs and renewing my active license biannually. I can actually fly home anytime and ask for a job in any hospital, however, I haven't been in the work force for over 20 years, so the chances of that happening is nil. Besides, after so many years of being a domestic goddess/diva, I won't probably be a very effective nurse.:o
We don't have kids, but we have a very spoiled yorkie.
I've always been overweight all my life, struggling with the last 10 pounds, however, I could control it by diet, exercise, running, and the hard work at the hospital.
My present sedentary lifestyle is the cause of my transition from being overweight to obese. My husband has just been recently diagnosed with diabetes 2, and I'm afraid that if I don't lose weight, I'll be in the same boat. 1 sick person in the family is enough, so I need to get myself together this time.
I've decided that this time, I will lose the weight and get to a normal healthy weight and maintain it. Besides, I'm sick and tired of hiding behind oversize clothes, I want to be able to get back into normal size clothes and be happy with myself. I would like to be able to run again, right now I'm only walking on my treadmill 30 mins. 4-5 days a week,:( not enough, but my knees are killing me.:mad:

Mimi~ you have lost so much already, and you seem to be OP, I'm just going into my 2nd week, and first week was not good enough.:( I used all my daily, weekly, and activity points, and still hungry.:o I'm only on 18 points daily.:hungry:

Tammy~ Sorry about the fibro pain, hope it gets better.

Jeanne~ I sure hope you don't like chocolates. WTG on the size 16 pants.:cheer: Before you know it, you will be shopping for size 14, or lower. I just tried my size 10 jeans which I haven't used for almost 3 years, and it fits! We can do this!

Tina~ I hear you on the journal, journal, journal. I need to do better this week.

Susan~ only 3 days of school, good for you!
Must be tough to cut down on all the simple sugars and carbs. Good luck? Are your triglycerides extremely high?

Maureen~ please to meet you.

Talking about journal, I think I better go do some.:write:
Later, guys.

zanheltangia
05-30-2010, 11:31 AM
Hey all, I seemed to have slipped through the cracks in posting lately. ;)

I'm 24 and play a lot of games (video, computer, pen and paper, etc). I'm in a job that goes no where with two years left before I have to hunt for another or reapply if I am lucky. I rent a room here in Florida. So basically, if I get the 'got to get moving' bug my possiblilities are endless! :D

How is everyone doing today?

auntie
05-30-2010, 11:33 AM
Hi,

Tammy, my friend, not to sound like a broken record but yes too all the others said! Remember how that bug hit me after Daddy passed away. I was out of it and slept for 2 days. Take it easy and worry about the weight second.

Elyn, good nursing skills!! Yes my triglycerides are very high. My dr wanted to try this and then medicine. Guess I'll know after blood work in 2 weeks. My dad was diabetic so I really have to do something. High triglycerides run in our family too!

Maureen, glad you are home! Travelling is fun but always best to get back home.

Well off to mow some, Pat did most of it yesterday. But today the pastures get mowed. We live on 11 acres.

Talk to you later.

jar1965
05-30-2010, 04:15 PM
Hi everyone! Ahhhhh, it's beautiful, sunny, 88-90 today! I love it! It's not humid yet though!

ELYN - I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE CHOCOLATE!!!! It is the hardest job I've ever had! I have been there 6 years and I had packed on a ton of weight! I started WW in december and I am feeling better!

MotorCityGal
05-30-2010, 10:36 PM
My name in Diane and I am from michigan. About 8 years ago I got pancreatiits and ended up in the hopital for 30 days no food or water by mouth. I Lost 40-45 pounds. After a few times in and out of the hospital and a few operations (one they removed 60 percent of my pancreas) I am now a type 2 diabetic. I put on 80-90 pounds when I started eating again. A lot of my hair fell out which thank God grew back. I now struggle to lose weight and exercise. My doctor is going to make me take shots if I can't get my act together. I have turned to the boards for help. I started WW 3 weeks ago and I told myself I would check in good or bad. Look forward to hanging with you guys.

Tina
05-31-2010, 12:59 AM
Diane, I love your photo. Thank you for posting it on the photo thread. (I'm in the midst of reorganizing it.
We are so glad you are with us.

I hope everyone has had a great weekend. Yea for one more day off.

maureen kempster
05-31-2010, 06:23 AM
Good morning all

Well all you south of the border are off today(or at least most of you I think) but we had our long weekend last monday-it's back to work for me today after 10 days off-I don't want to go back-oh well, time to pull up the socks and get back with the program.
I hope we all have a great day today and it's so nice to see all the new faces here. Maybe it will help keep me on track too

maureen

jar1965
05-31-2010, 09:08 AM
Happy Memorial Day everyone! And thanks to all of our servicemen & women!!!

Bob & and I are walking to the parade this morning, then back for him to get some sleep......(he is on midnights)......and then he is going to get back up later for a matinee (Sex & the City2) and some afternoon grillin'! Yay! I love holidays at home!

Dianne - So nice to meet you and I wish you a ton of success to get your health issues turned around! That is a great picture of you too!

Have a great day everyone!

Tina
05-31-2010, 11:42 AM
I, too, wish everyone a Happy Memorial Day!

Jeanne, it sounds like y'all have a great day planned.
We are grilling out this afternoon. Yea! Being in a townhouse/condo, without a yard, we wondered if it was "legal" to grill in the driveway. Our neighbor did it the other night so we asked and it's okay. (I really miss my yard!)
Now we're going to Home Depot for some larger pots and bags of soil. I finally feel like repotting my two plants.

Maureen, when is your birthday? I have it written down but can't find my papers. :o

Everyone take it easy and don't get too hot today.

Tammy
05-31-2010, 06:19 PM
Thanks everyone! Getting rest is going to have to be #1 right now. Just pretty pooed out. I'm glad that the classes at the Y don't start till next week. This week I will just be doing some walking. Getting back to the basics and journaling sounds like a good plan. One of my friends just joined WW online today. She and I thought we could compare notes and maybe get together and walk sometimes. Another friend and I will be walking for our 5K training. Marion, I have a Walk off the Pounds dvd. Totally forgot about it. Need to hunt that up especially with it being hot outside.

Maureen, I agree about it being great to be home after being away.

Elyn, welcome to the group! Your yorkie is a cutie!!

Zan, I like to play solitaire and a couple other games on the computer.

Diane, welcome to the group! Sorry to hear about all of your health problems.

My goal for this week is to get the "kids" to get all of the wedding gifts our of my front bedroom. It's time for them to have all that stuff at their place and get thank yous written since they are back from the honeymoon and settled. lol

maureen kempster
05-31-2010, 07:16 PM
Tina, birthday-july 15

just got home from 1st day back and I wish i was still on holidays!! this working for a living is not fun lol
later

maureen

girlieyorkie
06-01-2010, 10:36 AM
Elyn, welcome to the group! Your yorkie is a cutie!!

Tammy~ Thanks. Very happy to meet you. I'm just getting to know everyone.

ELYN - I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE CHOCOLATE!!!! It is the hardest job I've ever had! I have been there 6 years and I had packed on a ton of weight! I started WW in december and I am feeling better!

Jeanne~ Wow-I'm speechless, how can you do it? I'll totally explode if I work there!

Maureen & Zan~ very pleased to meet you both, I'm glad I found this thread.

Diane~ Sorry to hear about your health issues, I'm sure losing some weight, and getting into a healthier lifestyle will help a lot.

I hope everyone is doing great.
We are having some guests for dinner tonight, so it will be a big challenge to stay OP.

zanheltangia
06-01-2010, 10:47 AM
Tina, birthday-july 15

just got home from 1st day back and I wish i was still on holidays!! this working for a living is not fun lol
later

maureen

I second that "working for a living is not fun", :lol:

Tina
06-01-2010, 11:51 AM
DO NOT POST HERE AGAIN. COME TO JUNE THREAD!
:)