Old 04-29-2010, 09:42 PM   #1  
It's about time

S/C/G: 300/ticker/175

Height: 5'5"

Default I've been ravenous the last couple of days!

I don't know what it is, but I've really wanted to eat everything in sight. I haven't really. I overate one day by a few hundred calories, but in general I've not been too bad. I'm thinking maybe because I'm getting up a lot earlier. Or could it be that I'm missing some essential thing?

What can I do to feel fuller so I don't get to the end of the day and feel like I can't get satisfied?
ParadiseFalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 09:56 PM   #2  
Choose your hard...

S/C/G: 250/194/130

Height: 5' 2"

I have been this way for a couple of days too. I think mine is due to stress, though, from final exams. I have been eating plenty.
Asherdoodles87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 10:09 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 196/ticker/125

Height: 5'4

Have you recently upped your activity level? This could be causing your increased hunger. But it can also depend on what you're eating. High fiber foods keep you fuller, longer: veggies, fruits, certain grains, dry roasted edamame is one of my favorite high fiber/high protein snacks. If you're eating a lot of processed foods or white carbs, they might not be enough to keep you satisfied.

The change in what time you're waking up could definitely be a factor, if you're up longer you're spending less time asleep and more time using calories in day-to-day living. Maybe try shifting the times that you eat, or adding a snack or two (by modifying your calorie budget per meal).
effie12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 10:12 PM   #4  
Shifty Werewolf

S/C/G: 285/209/165

Me too, although I think mine's partly cabin fever. We just had a freak snow storm with nearly 2 feet of snow so I've been semi-trapped in the house for a couple days. If I was outside getting exercise in the garden rather than wondering if my lilacs survived I think I'd be less obsessed with food...
Vladadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 10:15 PM   #5  
It's about time

effie12, you probably hit it with the food choices. I've not been eating hearty, healthy stuff but basically living on prepackaged diet food. Starting tomorrow, I'm going to try to eat to fill up. It's getting really annoying to want to eat the refrigerator whole.
Old 04-30-2010, 01:19 AM   #6  
It's about time

Also, I wonder if not getting enough sleep could have an effect on hunger? I've been getting about 6 hours a night, and my body is used to at least 8-9 (no judging! I'm a college student!)
Old 04-30-2010, 07:18 AM   #7  

S/C/G: HW:300 Pregnancy: 160/167/185

You mean "don't judge me for sleeping so little" or "don't judge me for sleeping so much"? Because 8-9 hours/night with the occasional 6 hour night when their are circumstances sounds normal and healthy to me.

If American society has gotten to the point that we consider 8 hours of sleep a night some sort of wacky indulgence, I weep for the future. Seriously.
Shmead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 07:21 AM   #8  

S/C/G: HW:300 Pregnancy: 160/167/185

And yeah, it took me 15 years to learn that pre-packaged diet foods are a bad idea. Not because they are bad in and of themselves, but because they are never filling. Get a cheap kitchen scale so that you can weigh things out, and then portioning "real" food isn't even any more trouble than reading the side of a package.

Look at my Fitday (and others) for simple, filling foods that taste good, are diet-friendly, and don't involve much actual cooking (if that is not your bag. It isn't mine).
Shmead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 07:42 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 270/208.6/165 (HW285)

Height: 6'

It could be related to your cycle too. I get that way mid-month, ovulation time, just a thought.
mkyice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 08:34 PM   #10  
It's about time

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkyice View Post
It could be related to your cycle too. I get that way mid-month, ovulation time, just a thought.
I was thinking that this morning. I'm breaking out a little, so that could be it. My cycle is REALLY whacky, so I can never tell what's going on.

And Shmead, I meant because I sleep too much, but I meant on my normal schedule when I'm getting up to 9 almost every night. But now that you put it that way, I guess it is sad that we consider that lazy now (I know people who look at me like I'm nuts when I say I need 8 hours to function).