Old 04-29-2010, 10:18 AM   #1  
No description available.

Default Arbor Day Challenge Thread #2!!!

Continue your awesomeness and success here!
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 11:20 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 310/ticker/155

Height: 5'8

alright well looks like i'm going to be the first to post on here! well good morning all!!

I just finished my spanish oral interview, which i think went pretty well. I stumbled a few times and had a difficult time thinking of questions but I think thats' too be expected when you only have 15 minutes and are put on the spot. i'm not too worried about it. haha yes definitely next time i will bring 2, count them 2, regular pencils!! just in case of emergencies!! haha I am not down anything today, which i expected after continuous loss. I worked out only for 30 min last night but it was a good 30 minutes. I plan to do a full hour today. it's my best friends birthday tonight and we are giong out to celebrate. I am still debating on whether or not i am giong to drink. I could do bacardi diets those are probably the best for you although they taste like crap. does anybody else have any suggestions for low cal alcoholic bevs?

aluxa: good point, i wouldnt want to waste my time on that either, especially if you have already studied it.

susieyarb: no no caterpillar sushi is really good!! it has cucumber, rice, avocado, crab, and eel (unagi) which sounds terrible especially when you think of flotsum and jetsum from the Little Mermaid haha but it's really good! just fattening I think...and way to go on the pants!!! you have been kickin butt!!!!! that is an amazing transformation!!!

jiggle: whoooo only 20 pounds that's sooo awesome!!!!!!!! congrats!!!! see it is nice to look at the scale every once in a while, but i think the way you are doing it to is amazing! do you know what you started out at? you don't have to say but just so you know for yourself how far in pounds you have come? oh yes and you best be buyin that dress and workin it in front of that little byatch co-worker of yours!! she is gonna be pea green with envy!!!! and you're gonna soak up every little dagger she is going to be sending your way because you are gonna be lookin good and she's still gonna be an ol' sack of potatoes!!!

lori: YOUR HAIR LOOKS AMAZING!!!!!!!!! SOOOOOO CUTE!!!!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOOOOVE IT!!!!!! that is definitely a good look for you!!!

well i am off for the day. a few classes left and then I get out early... gonna go celebrate my friends bday! I will be good though!!!!
farn00a57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 12:32 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 198.6/148/120

Height: 5'3"

I feel a little weird posting here. The former thread was so full that this is like being in an empty apartment talking to the walls LOL. I have been behaving well this week but after the last week more than 3 pounds lost and my back problem, I do not think that this week I have lost anything; but If I do not gain anything I will be happy because I’m almost 2 pounds under my official Arbor day goal.

Jdonato: how was your exam? I’m sure that you have just finished with school

Farn: for your oral interview. I have a problem with oral exams or presentations. When I finish them I do not remember anything about them. I’m unable to remember what I said or what I did.Your pencil event has me thinking because I remember that on my college most professors have a bunch of pencils on their desk for the students to use. with your friend birthday celebration!
aluxa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 01:09 PM   #4  
NEVER GIVE UP

S/C/G: 259.9/181.0/145.0

Height: 5'6"

thanks to all that love my hair~I love love love all of u!
(MY MOTHER SAID SHE DIDN'T LIKE IT~WHAT AN a$$ SHE IS~BUT SHE HAS BEEN CALLING HAIR SALONS ALL MORNING FOR HER OWNSELF A NEW HAIR DO~lol~WHICH MAKES ME FEEL FABULOUS!)

Wow~we got over 500 posts ~thats so cool! These challenges rock!
I weighed 157.8 this morning But was 159.2 yesterday so the hair cut took a little off me~But the Lowest I have seen this challenge was 156.8 but then I have been going back & forth from 157ish to 159ish for days now~Can't wait for a swoosh! Maybe it will happen for our next challenge~which I will start up 2morrow.I will post a shortcut to it from this thread.............GOODLUCK EVERYONE 1 more day! I am far from my goal But I am real happy with life right now...I am still having asthma attacks 3 of them since the meds but I easily calm down once I use my inhaler....No more anxiety attacks~Unless they figure it is anxiety & not asthma~REGARDLESS SO MUCH BETTER ON ME!
~My hubby took me for an early mommys day gift today~He got me a bunch of new headbands~And bangle & stretch bracelets! He is so darn good to me!
They was on sale for 75 cents a piece but he said he was so proud of me & thought my hair was so cute that he wanted to get me something early~hehehehe~he's just goo goo over my hair~LOL which makes me feel good!~LUVS TO ALL~I AM OFF TO ENJOY THE OUTDOORS TODAY~suppose to get 75 degrees here in OHIO~I gotta go check out my flowers!

HAVE A GREAT DAY EVERYONE!

Last edited by Lori259; 04-29-2010 at 01:11 PM.
Lori259 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 02:18 PM   #5  

S/C/G: (HW 247) 241/215/199

Height: 5'- 4 1/2"

Wow, it does feel weird to need to come into a new "room" LOL.

Well, TOM decided to arrive today so no weigh in for me this week. I'm sticking with my 196 from last Friday's weigh in for the challenge. It's enough under my goal, that I don't fear re-gaining above 199.9!

I'm so excited that so many of us made our challenge goals already and hopefully tomorrow's weigh in/clothes try-on will bring success to many others!

I hope everyone comes along from here to the new challenge, I'd miss you if you didn't!

I'm OP today so far so good. Did 2.65 miles on TM even though I totally didn't want to.

Hopefully next week's weigh in will be a whoosh after TOM!

Well, baby is waking from his nap and calling through the monitor so I must see what the prince is requiring! TTYL.
susieyarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 03:31 PM   #6  
No more +sizes

Height: 5'4"

I vote we celebrate on Saturday. I know we are in different time zones even though we act like we live on the same block. We can just pick a time that we can chill with out favorite treat and share how we make them. I'm so proud to be part of such an awesome crew. I check this thread more than any other. You all are great!!

Lori -baby girl is cool. I call my daughter that. I love your hair, it does have that flirty look. Your hubby is probably ready for some flirting time...lol!
Jdonato - Just breathe tomorrow will be a piece of cake!! Don't eat cake though!!
Farn - Oh yes I am going to get that dress. I even have a walk to go with it!! She didn't bring cookies today because she didn't come in early. I bet you got an A on your oral.
Susie - I'm hoping for a woosh into that size 16 after my TOM is over. Hopefully that will be tomorrow cause I have two weeks left before my daughter's birthday. I want to look really cute for the party!!

I've been on plan today and still have my workout to do after I get home. I overslept this morning so I couldn't do the 30DS but I will hit it this evening.

Last edited by jigglefree; 04-29-2010 at 03:38 PM.
jigglefree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 06:57 PM   #7  
keep on truckin' momma

S/C/G: 278/255/170

Height: 5'2

Hey chicks..just dropping by to report my workout from this morning. As you guys know my motivation has been MIA lately so a nice looooong workout is nice. I did a 30minute dog walk + Full Upper body weight work plus abbs then 25minutes of yoga! Felt great to get in a good workout. Hopefully i can get in something tomorrow!

So far im on plan for today...ive been having a hard time sticking to my calories lately but im determined to get the rest of this weight off. I will never give up!

Lori-I can't remember if i commented on your new do or not...if not I LOVE IT!

Shan-It was so nice to see you check in...WTG on the new fitness trainer and all your workouts. Your doing so well!!!

JD- Isn't it nice to have the house to your self? During the day when DH is asleep and the kids are at school i LOVE all the peace and quiet!

Jigglefree-Have a good workout later!!!

Susie-I remember those days with the baby monitors...how old is your little guy?

Hello to everyone i missed, gotta scoot. The kids are wanting on the computer...

Last edited by misspriss78; 04-29-2010 at 07:01 PM.
misspriss78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 07:14 PM   #8  
keep on truckin' momma

S/C/G: 278/255/170

Height: 5'2

Wink Im still a priss

OMG, i forgot to tell you guys something. The other day i was watching old home video's from last year and there was one that my DH 'secretly' filmed during one of my step workouts. I was laughing so hard at myself because even though the name MissPriss was given to me as a child...im still prissy! Funny how i consider myself a tomboy but come across as a 'priss' LOL
misspriss78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 08:59 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 270/208.6/165 (HW285)

Height: 6'

Well, it is the 30th here in Japan. I didn't make goal which is ok because it was a fairly ambitious goal. I lost 1.2 pounds this week. I always have to tell myself that 1 pound is good. I still here this little voice in the back of my head that replies, but 2 pounds is better. I think that voice needs to learn to keep its mouth shut :~) I can't remember where I was at at the start of this challenge (and I don't feel like looking it up), but I am pretty sure I am down about 10. I am happy with that. I stayed OP the whole time; I am very happy about that.
I really like these challenges because they help me break this huge task of loosing into small manageable amounts.
Even though we are all in different places in our journey, it's nice to be traveling on the same road with you all.
Here's to the end of the Arbor Day Challenge and the start of the Memorial Day Challenge!
mkyice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 09:12 PM   #10  
Maintainer since 8/15/09

S/C/G: 173/118.6/110-115lbs.

Height: 5'3

Lori- you look so cute!
I didn't make my goal, but that's all my fault. I made it several times before this and it only lasted one day cause I blew it! Looking forward to the next challenge!
fruitlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 09:12 PM   #11  
No more +sizes

Height: 5'4"

I'm taking a day tomorrow. I need a day. I left work andhad a terrible headache. My day was rough and I need a 3 day weekend. Happy Mother's Day to me early!!

I'm looking forward to the next challenge. It'll be modest!! I just wanna wear my traveling shrinking jeans!! If they're a little loose I'd like that better!!
jigglefree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 12:03 AM   #12  
NEVER GIVE UP

S/C/G: 259.9/181.0/145.0

misspriss78~thanks~OH & by the way u cracked me up with your being prissy story! I too was what considered a tomboy ~I am such a priss now days too~Its really funny when ya think about it~the things we would have never dreamed we would have done we do. I use to say look at that lady afraid to break a nail~And now that lady is me!hehehehehe ~SO FUNNY!

jiggle~baby girl~happy mothers day early to u too~hope that headache is long gone girl!

mkyice~happy arbor day In japan Got 2 minutes left here in OHIO til its the 30th! LOL I will start the new challenge as soon as I can 2morrow.~Great job by the way & I am so glad u will be here for the next challenge cause you are such a treasure to the challenges!

fruitlady~thanks so much ~lovely little lady! regardless if u made goal or not U look fabulous! Can't wait for you to be in the next challenge~i enjoy reading your post & everyone elses too!

EVERYONE ELSE...........

Well I am Off to bed~will start the new challenge as soon as I get a chance tommorrow~HUGS!

Last edited by Lori259; 04-30-2010 at 12:08 AM.
Lori259 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 09:15 AM   #13  

Ended up 1 lb down this month from the beginning, but I've been battling the fluctuation of 259-261 all month. Oh well, TOM is here now. pffffft.

I did make my challenge of working out 3x a week, I have been doing 5x. I'm feeling good. I'm in for the next challenge, won't be another weight loss goal, but it will be another fitness goal!
ShylahEQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 09:41 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 315/284/onederland

I did it! I made my goal! I'm so proud of myself! 15 pounds in 6 weeks! WOOT!

Even though I don't contribute much to the thread, I really appreciate y'all for starting it and allowing everyone to join.

Last edited by Blairsey; 04-30-2010 at 09:42 AM.
Blairsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 09:59 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 227/195/135

Height: 5'4

Hey Everyone.

It's good to see you all feeling so positive about this challenge. I just finished my workout for the day and I love getting it done early rather than later in the evening.

I'm going away for the weekend so I've been clinging to my plan like mad and even throwing in extra workouts in preparation for drinking and eating out for two days with no intense exercise. I will be walking all over Disney World on Saturday so I'm hoping that will help. I'm also packing baby carrots/hummus and fiber bars in case I'm at a place with no good options.

I'm a little nervous but I think I can make Monday's weigh in a good one. Hope you all have a good weekend!
ricepapr is offline   Reply With Quote