Old 04-29-2010, 05:00 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 235 / 189 / 165

Default Getting started again in May?

I'm starting again now (was intentionally off low carb for a month then it slipped to full-scale craziness for a few extra weeks). Wow the pounds can pile on fast - yikes!

I'm actually starting back today, not waiting until Saturday, but not getting on the scale again until May 10th.

Anyone else getting started now & want a buddy?
sarahinparis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 08:39 PM   #2  

Hi Sarah, I have restarted recently on Atkins and have quite a lot to lose, so I could use a buddy for sure. Atkins works well for me when I stick with it! My biggest issue is motivation. I can so easily rationalize not sticking with my plan. I guess the biggest problem is not having the food I need ready to eat. I do need to have some quick foods to eat. How about you? Let's check in with each other to see how our days are going? I will check back tomorrow evening my time.
Elstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 11:59 AM   #3  

Hello,
I had a good day yesterday. I stayed with protein, low carbs, all day. I was given a gift of a See's chocolate bar and butterscotch sucker and so I gave it to another friend on our drive home. When I got home, sure enough, there they were, on the floor of the car. The candy had fallen out of my friend's purse. Whew! It was a temptation, but I did resist. I will open them and throw them in the trash. It is funny how small things like that can get to you. Well...I have made a menu for the week and need to get to the grocery store.
Old 05-02-2010, 10:05 AM   #4  

Way to go ElStyle!!! That is some super will power you have! Better than me-I had a slice of cheesecake AND a soda last night Ah well, I'll be making up for it today!
stephiexo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 03:44 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 235 / 189 / 165

I've done fairly well getting back on track.

I had bread on Wednesday night; Saturday nite & again half a roll yesterday - all times slathered with lots and lots of butter, but still...

I live in Paris & the bread here is really good & it's been hard to resist after eating bad bread in the US for a few weeks... dumb, but true

Water is completely in place (even so I often feel dehydrated) and I am finally pretty decently stocked at home.

I travel this week so some hurdles might arise, but overall things should be ok.

My weight was really high when I came home but I've already seen some change & will just suck it up next Monday & work from there. I know a number of the pounds that came rushing on will fall off quickly in the first 10 days back on low carb, but after that they tend to stick, so until next Monday I'm considering this still the 'whoosh' period of easy come, easy go...
sarahinparis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 10:24 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 212/ticker/155

Height: 5'7

I would love a buddy as well. I did induction first of March and lost 10 pounds but then I had dinner with the hubby and ate carbs and I just have not been able to cross back over! We go on vacation in 6 weeks and I sure wish I could lose at least 15 pounds by then!
memoree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 12:22 PM   #7  

Hi,
Sarah, I cannot imagine how difficult it would be to live in Paris and not eat the wonderful bread, etc. I have never been there, but I can pretend! Ha!

I did pretty well during the weekend. However, I had a glass of wine with my low carb dinner and it knocked me out of ketosis! So now I know I cannot have alcohol for sure.

I am back on track this morning and will boil eggs for lunch and salad for tomorrow as well. I know if I don't have a plan, I go astray!

Hang in there Sarah, Memoree, and Stephie.
Old 05-03-2010, 11:18 PM   #8  

Hiya everyone this is my third days of atkins induction (started on 2 May 2010) but i am so happy have lost 1.5 kg. im trying to resist hoping on the weighing scales too often lol. So far im surviving. so here i am hoping to find a good support system.

We can do this and be strong

Last edited by sweetchic82; 05-03-2010 at 11:19 PM.
sweetchic82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 11:54 AM   #9  
Me at goal in 2008...

S/C/G: HW218/SW189/CW155/GW145

Height: 5'6"

I have found the daily weigh in threads on the chicks in control board help keep me focused and provide me many buddies.....just a thought.
MOM24QTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 08:44 PM   #10  

I got on the scale this morning and I was down 3 pounds! I hadn't weighed myself in a week because I had gained a pound and got discouraged. So glad to see it move back down.
Old 05-04-2010, 09:58 PM   #11  

memoree congrats thats a good drop

hiya everyone, just wanted to share the good news after 3 days, today is my 4th day on atkin, i have lost 2.5 kg, hope the weight will drop off, im trying to be good and not weigh myself daily but its soo hard heheh
Old 05-05-2010, 09:05 AM   #12  

thanks sweetchic. I was pleasantly surprised
You are so right about it being hard NOT to weigh everyday. I wanna do it every morning as soon as I wake up. It totally motivates me if I'm losing but if I see a stall, I get so discouraged and it's hard for me to continue the diet.
I'm doing induction again. This is my 3rd day. I did it last month and last 10 pounds in 2 weeks. I took 2 weeks off of Atkins because I stalled. So I counted calories for 2 weeks, lost 2 pounds but gained one back. Now I'm doing induction again.
Old 05-05-2010, 12:27 PM   #13  

I have not weighed in a couple weeks and I avoid it. I should at least weigh myself once a week, but I just get so disappointed. I know I am losing because my clothes feel looser, but I have had that happen before and still have only dropped a pound. I know that is better that gaining a pound, but I used to be able to lose weight quickly and now it is a struggle for every flea-bitten pound! And then if I eat something I shouldn't, I gain two. Sheesh!

Also, I have been very good this week, high protein, low carb mostly veggies, and this morning I was not showing to be in ketosis. I am wondering if early morning doesn't register rather than later in the day. I will measure again later and see what happens. How about any of you?
Old 05-05-2010, 08:36 PM   #14  

memoree, woohoo thats great 10 pound loss, i would love that,im a first timer in Atkin, i didn't really believe it would work at first lol

Elstyle, im not using the ketosis strips, but im gauging my body reaction, like i can feel the thermogenic effects, like when im doing classes at my gym, i sweat more and at night my face feels hot to touch and when my throat is dry i drinks loads of water, today there is another 0.5 kg drop whoopee.. but i think what stall my weightloss was the whole lot of prawn,mushroom stirfry i had last night(so i am avoiding mushrooms for now), im planning to stick to cheese omelette or cheddar pieces at night . Im trying to be strong and resist weighing myself .

Last edited by sweetchic82; 05-05-2010 at 08:38 PM.
Old 05-06-2010, 09:18 AM   #15  

Elstyle, there is no way I can not weigh myself when I'm not cheating. I do it every morning! I wish I could stop but I seem to have a problem there. I'm a weigh daily addict! On days I don't see the scale more I do get depressed but on days I see it move, I'm in the best of moods.

There is a Flaxseed muffin recipe on this board that is AWESOME. I eat that every morning for breakfast. (sick of eggs, lol) I did tweak it for me. My version consist of 1/4 c. flaxseed meal, 1 egg, 1/4 tsp. baking powder, and sweetner for taste (I usually put about 1/8 c. of splenda in with it but others used SF syrups.) Microwave for one minute. Let cool completely, Will be wet when you first take it out of microwave. Drys quickly. I love this lil muffin! It's only 1 net carb!

Last edited by memoree; 05-09-2010 at 10:31 AM. Reason: edited for typo