General chatter - what have you noticed after losing some weight

lovinww
04-28-2010, 02:16 PM
Is it tying your shoes or getting in the car a little easier? I know I have plenty after losing 84 pounds but one that stands out in my head is how people treat me different, I notice men hold the door for me when they used to slam it in my face even if I was right behind them SAD ha??
I am so glad I have my husband who loved me when I was a sexy chubby girl and loves me just the same now that I am a little smaller lol :carrot: what would I do without this man of mine xoxooxoxoxo
The best part of losing all this weight is how I feel AMAZING!!!

MelloFatto
04-28-2010, 02:30 PM
Yay! Congrats to you. Lol.

sarcruze
04-28-2010, 03:02 PM
Definitely, tying my shoes is alot easier. I have more energy and I am feeling a lil better about myself.

Eliana
04-28-2010, 03:07 PM
My shoes! Definitely my biggest and the one I was look most forward to at the onset.

I fit in my winged back chairs.

I HOP in and out of the car and off the couch!

I just feel lighter.

beerab
04-28-2010, 03:44 PM
I have more energy overall :)

sweetcakes736
04-28-2010, 03:52 PM
It's a lot of the little things:
The seatbelt is easier to get on in the car
Going up and down stairs is a million times faster
Walking just in general is more enjoyable
Sex is longer -Maybe that's TMI but I know I can't be the only one

Kae
04-28-2010, 04:19 PM
Just how much lighter I feel... how much easier walking upstairs is.

Ciao
04-28-2010, 04:53 PM
Congrats! :)

MaddiesMom
04-28-2010, 05:00 PM
Mine was my shoes and my fingers! I went down a size in shoes, and then I went down 1.5 sizes in my rings. Just had to have my wedding band / engagement ring resized! Things you wouldn't normally think about.

Also...I don't have to shop in PLUS sizes...I get to shop in Misses! Definite confidence booster.

lauralyn
04-28-2010, 05:21 PM
I have noticed that when walking by a window or mirror I like the person I see a lot better. My shadow...well it can be quite sexy if I do say so myself haha
I don't dread clothes shopping like I used to and when something does not look quite right I don't give up, I just go find something else.

I am wearing brighter colors the past few months than I did before...bright blues and yellows etc. I never would have worn those say 25 pounds or more heavier. I always tried to blend in with everyone else not stand out.

I am much more active and willing to be out and about now.

AnnieDrews
04-28-2010, 06:22 PM
I've noticed myself crossing my legs more often. Although I was able to physically cross them (I couldn't years ago when I was above 200 pounds), it didn't look good or feel comfy. Now I think it does!:D

eroica27
04-28-2010, 07:36 PM
One thing i've noticed and am irritated with is people telling me how thin my face looks...as if i had some giant, grossly proportioned face before. i wonder if its bad to consider karate chopping those folks in the neck for saying that.

lovinww
04-29-2010, 03:18 AM
OMG I just said to hubby the other day look at my shadow it doesnt look like me :} it used to look like the stay puff marshmallow man LOL
also i agree with the with the person who commented on the SEX it is not TMI it is true it is so much better :carrot:I have noticed that when walking by a window or mirror I like the person I see a lot better. My shadow...well it can be quite sexy if I do say so myself haha
I don't dread clothes shopping like I used to and when something does not look quite right I don't give up, I just go find something else.

I am wearing brighter colors the past few months than I did before...bright blues and yellows etc. I never would have worn those say 25 pounds or more heavier. I always tried to blend in with everyone else not stand out.

I am much more active and willing to be out and about now.

Belease
04-29-2010, 10:01 AM
Okay, I've only ever been what unkind people might call 'a bit chubby', but in getting fitter and losing weight I've found there's power in my movements now. Like, sitting down, I used to just let myself drop, basically, but when I followed a proper exercise regime for a few months, I could actually feel my muscles engaging and working to lower my body weight, instead of just abandoning it! Lol. Feeling that potential in your own body is an amazing thing.

ape85
05-01-2010, 11:46 AM
just being able to go about my day whithout constantly worrying about what other people think of me. When my BMI went under 30 i got so excited because i finally felt like a "normal" person.

lizzybeth81
05-03-2010, 10:51 PM
I agree with the shoe tying and the crossing my legs more. And I have noticed that I NEVER sit down at work any more, and my feet don't even hurt when I get home from work now.

Ookpik
05-04-2010, 12:15 AM
So many things!

* shoes much easier to tie
* car easier to steer (my stomach doesn't touch the steering wheel anymore)
* no more seatbelt extenders on planes
* more attention from men - actually, everybody seems to treat me differently
* stairs easier to climb
* don't need to go to plus-sized stores anymore

Still tons more I can probably list!

CityLights
05-04-2010, 08:54 PM
I've actually been letting people take pictures of me. Before when any candid shot of me was taken I would immediately deem it horrible, or just flat out refuse. Now people can snap away and I actually like the outcome.

I don't know if its the weight loss or the yoga specifically, but I'm a lot more flexible.

bex
05-04-2010, 10:38 PM
I first started WW when I started uni this year and theres one lecture theatre that doesn't have much room between me and the desk bit.. I'm noticing every week theres a little bit more room :P
Also just having more energy, not puffing after a flight of stairs etc.
And I'm happier.

Airforcechick07
05-05-2010, 09:56 AM
My favorite part is clothes shopping...i love shopping and even heavier I loved it but I always came home disappointed because nothing fit right or they didnt have sizes big enough.... Now things are starting to fit agian and I love shopping and seeing my new body and how it has changed!!!!

Aiesline
05-05-2010, 02:21 PM
I have collar bones! I know it's silly. But it's the first time in years I have visible collar bones and it makes me excited. My feet don't hurt after i've been on them for a while anymore and I can wear heels and walk in them now without feeling like I'm walking on nails. I can mow my lawn without it making me want to just "rest and relax" for the rest of the day. I can mow the lawn come in drink water shower get cleaned up and still take my kids out to the movie on the weekend. I'm willingly taking my kids to the zoo and the park more. Before I couldn't get "comfortable sitting" Now I run around and chase them. I only have to push my boobs out of the way to see my toes. My belly doesn't get in the way anymore. I don't have back rolls that form fitting shirts get caught in anymore so I can dress in a more flattering way. I feel sexy so I initiate sex with the hubby more. (he really likes that part) I don't feel like a dressed up whale anymore so I enjoy taking time to look good. I could do this all day :)

Arie
05-06-2010, 03:16 PM
I have collar bones! I know it's silly. But it's the first time in years I have visible collar bones and it makes me excited...

I don't think this is silly AT ALL! One of the things on my "To Do" list for 2010 was "Be able to see my collar bones". Seriously!

(I still haven't managed to get to that point yet though. Ugh!)

MementoxMori
05-06-2010, 03:35 PM
When I dropped a whole lot of weight after my WLS, I noticed my hipbones and I freaked out that I didn't know what it was haha

My collarbone!

And I had a neck! Omg how amazing that was. I actually had a neck and I could wear necklaces.

My shoooeees. When I was grossly overweight, I couldn't find shoes big enough. And when I lost the weight I could fit into a 9.5 in some shoes! I was like YAYAYAY!

And my boobs (what I have, anyway) stick out more lol

Robsia
05-06-2010, 03:47 PM
Lol about the hip bones. I was examining my boobs one day (something I don't do often enough and hadn't done for AGES) and was completely freaked out when I started feeling these hard lumps all down the sides of my breasts, BOTH of them.

It took me a while before I realised I was feeling my ribs . . .

I love shopping too - love that I look sexy in stuff.

I find my new body very sexy, and I often find myself preening in front of the mirror in my underwear while my poor OH is patiently waiting for me to come to bed. Although he quite likes watching the preening too, but he just wants me to come to bed - lol!

motivated chickie
05-06-2010, 03:50 PM
I love that I can curl up in chair to sleep.

I love how I can hop on and off my bike easily.

I love that when I hop around at dance party, only the parts I want to bounce are bouncing.

I love that the days of eating an entire chocolate cake in one sitting are over (I hope).

loseweightwatz
06-08-2010, 03:34 AM
Wow that is awesome! While some people would say that dieting to lose weight can only make you sick or can kill you or deprive you from anything, I guess it is the total package of feeling good and looking great that matters. COngratulations and keep it up!

Tarisaande
06-08-2010, 11:15 AM
A lot of my things are both positive and annoying at the same time. Not all, fortunately!

I wear a lot of bright colors. I have embraced the old navy way of bright colors, and will own something in the anathema color of yellow any month now. (No, wait, I made a skirt that has both yellow AND orange last weekend). I have one black t-shirt and one black tank-top, and I have to hunt for them when I want them

I'm cold ALL THE TIME. Like, if it isn't at least 75 and sunny. I live near Boston, so this has become a bit of a problem, HOWEVER, it means I can take long walks outside in the summer without feeling like I'm goona die. It also means that after my class at the gym, I'm cool and dry in about 5 minutes, lol.

Shopping for clothes has become somewhat easier. There is more to choose from, and my problems now with finding clothes that fit are my boobs being too big rather than my body being too big.

It takes less fabric to make skirt, which is really great when you need something 3x your waist measurement.

jigglefree
06-08-2010, 04:56 PM
Sweetcakes - Yes amen to the sex!! My belly isn't in the way!! YIP YIP YIP!!:dance::dance::dance:

-I wear more dresses and skirts without fear of my thigh starting a fire.
-I don't feel out of place shopping in a store that doesn't carry plus sizes.
-I love love love looking at myself in the mirror, clothed or naked.
-There is less fat to lift when showering and shaving!!! Still a little more to go but I love it.
-MY FAVORITE: My husband can fit his arms all the way around my body!!

There are plenty but I will stop there.

JustBeckyV
06-08-2010, 05:02 PM
All of the above!!

saef
06-08-2010, 06:27 PM
When I'm in a crowded subway car or elevator, I don't feel vaguely apologetic to everyone for taking up more than my share of space. Also, no one gives me a dirty look anymore when I try to squeeze into a really crowded subway car.

I feel okay leaving my apartment wearing shorts. Before losing weight, I'd only wear them in private, at home. I'd change into jeans before I went outside.

I used to dread people proposing doing anything really physical, like going for a long walk or a bike ride, because it wouldn't be pretty. I'd be red-faced, panting & the fun factor for me would be pretty low. Now it's not a problem.