Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc - Wonderslim Part Two

Pages : [1] 2

View Full Version : Wonderslim Part Two

mollymai
04-27-2010, 08:47 PM
I am starting a new thread because the other one "wonderslim"? thread is now a closed thread. So here we go with part two :D

LizR
04-27-2010, 09:30 PM
Thanks for the new thread mollymai. Hopefully we will all be posting big loses here. :D

mollymai
04-27-2010, 09:47 PM
I hope everyone notice this thread.

guttergirl78
04-28-2010, 09:23 AM
We went over the thread limit because we are such a supportive group! Good for us! It makes me feel good to share our diet wins/loses and frustrations!

annieann77
04-28-2010, 01:20 PM
So, I just got a phone call from Diet Direct in regards to my 2nd order. They told me that they no longer ship to Canada for free (which I did get an email about) and she told me it was going to be $43 for freight!! ! :o Pretty expensive if you ask me!? It beter be here quick for that price!!

guttergirl78
04-28-2010, 06:54 PM
How does it go from free to over $40? How many weeks worth did you order?

LizR
04-28-2010, 09:38 PM
So, I just got a phone call from Diet Direct in regards to my 2nd order. They told me that they no longer ship to Canada for free (which I did get an email about) and she told me it was going to be $43 for freight!! ! :o Pretty expensive if you ask me!? It beter be here quick for that price!!

Holly cow that is expensive shipping. I wonder if they have a Canadian distributor for WonderSlim.

mollymai
04-29-2010, 08:45 AM
2.4 loss this week :carrot:

LizR
04-29-2010, 10:22 AM

Awesome! I knew we were going to post big losses on this thread. :dance: :dance: :dance:

guttergirl78
04-29-2010, 10:55 AM

AWESOME!

You just helped to reinforce that the $43 for shipping might be expensive but totally worth it!

pradaboy
04-29-2010, 12:02 PM
just wanted to share that last night i made a poached salmon fillet and steamed broccoli and cauliflower!

it was my first time poaching anything and it turned out amazing!

annieann77
04-29-2010, 01:47 PM
How does it go from free to over $40? How many weeks worth did you order?

I ordered about 4 weeks worth, I tried to make it the same as the starter kit but with different choices, my total was $200 before shipping!! :P

annieann77
04-29-2010, 02:01 PM
I had my weigh in today ... down -1.2lbs!! :)

LizR
04-29-2010, 02:19 PM

Congrats. :yay:

pradaboy
04-29-2010, 02:43 PM

yay! congrats! how does one get the little weight loss ticker?

guttergirl78
04-29-2010, 03:40 PM
yay! congrats! how does one get the little weight loss ticker?

I "think" it's something like 20 days and 20 posts or something like that when you get to that point there will be an option under the user cp.

PaulaM
04-29-2010, 05:11 PM
Yum re poached salmon. Why is there a limit to the number of posts in a thread? It's still taking up the same amount of room on the server etc.

harvester
04-29-2010, 05:28 PM
Great job to all the losers! My new order just got here a day early. I'm excited to try something that's not a shake. I'm hoping it all tastes good.

Kristikins
04-29-2010, 07:02 PM
Hi yall! Can I join?? I've been reading all your posts from WS and WS 2 and I feel like I know yall already - I'm not currently on WS, but I am on a doctor supervised shake/bar/550 cal meal plan. This program is 12 weeks and tomorrow is 2 weeks down. Once I complete the 12 I will be ordering WS - WOW is it ever cheaper than the dr stuff!!!

Let me just say - yall are a very encouraging group! I love to see not only posts of losses, but even those posts where you've not done so well; cause wham-o here comes a flood of encouragement for ya to keep on going...

REGEE
04-29-2010, 07:48 PM
I hope everyone notice this thread.

Thanks for the heads-Up:D & Congrats on your loss this week:carrot:

@ pradaboy I LUV poaching!! I usu. poach fish in lemon or tomato juice, or broth, or lime.................:D it's fun to try different liquids.

REGEE
04-29-2010, 07:52 PM
Hi yall! Can I join?? I've been reading all your posts from WS and WS 2 and I feel like I know yall already - I'm not currently on WS, but I am on a doctor supervised shake/bar/550 cal meal plan. This program is 12 weeks and tomorrow is 2 weeks down. Once I complete the 12 I will be ordering WS - WOW is it ever cheaper than the dr stuff!!!

Let me just say - yall are a very encouraging group! I love to see not only posts of losses, but even those posts where you've not done so well; cause wham-o here comes a flood of encouragement for ya to keep on going...

Hi & Welcome!

Wow, U only take in 550cal a day???

mollymai
04-29-2010, 08:38 PM

Welcome to the group. I am curious like Regee about the calories?

muffintopbegone
04-29-2010, 09:15 PM
Hi. Just popping in to introduce myself. I'm working on placing my first WS order and hope to get started on the program as soon as it gets here next week.

I've been browsing the first WS thread and love all of the tips I've come across so far. I look foward to chatting with you all!

mollymai
04-30-2010, 12:37 AM
Hi. Just popping in to introduce myself. I'm working on placing my first WS order and hope to get started on the program as soon as it gets here next week.

I've been browsing the first WS thread and love all of the tips I've come across so far. I look foward to chatting with you all!

Welcome to the thread. We look forward to seeing your success :D

LizR
04-30-2010, 06:18 AM

Welcome to the group. :welcome:

I hope you are feeling OK on the very low calorie diet. You are tougher than I am!

LizR
04-30-2010, 06:20 AM

Welcome to WS. :welcome:

The first few weeks are tough but it gets so much easier. Post here if you need support after getting started.

Good luck and keep us updated on your progress.

thinivy
04-30-2010, 07:04 AM
Does anyone know if this has nutrisweet or MSG?

guttergirl78
04-30-2010, 07:46 AM
Welcome to our new losers.

Today I'm down another 4.8lbs for a total loss in the last 3 weeks of 11.2 lbs. (i have to do this about 6 more times)

I'm exceptionaly pleased with my loss this week because I had 3 rough days (one of those days included 5 stitches on my thumb from a darn can of vegetables) and its' TOM. On all my bad days I had to convince myself that I didn't need comfort carbs. Guess it worked!

Monday I start my wii fit up again and start the baby steps in toning my body.

LizR
04-30-2010, 07:50 AM

Today I'm down another 4.8lbs for a total loss in the last 3 weeks of 11.2 lbs. (i have to do this about 6 more times)

I'm exceptionaly pleased with my loss this week because I had 3 rough days (one of those days included 5 stitches on my thumb from a darn can of vegetables) and its' TOM. On all my bad days I had to convince myself that I didn't need comfort carbs. Guess it worked!

Wow. 4.8lbs in one week is AWESOME! :yay:

Sorry to hear about your thumb. Eating vegetables is supposed to be good for you. ;)

LizR
04-30-2010, 07:52 AM
Does anyone know if this has nutrisweet or MSG?

Nutrisweet - yes.
MSG - not sure.

mollymai
04-30-2010, 08:49 AM

Way to go :carrot:
Sorry bout the thumb.

muffintopbegone
04-30-2010, 09:28 AM
Thank you all for the warm welcome!

I thought of a question on my way in to the office this morning. The one thing I keep reading about MF is that it puts you into a mild state of ketosis, which supposedly helps to reduce hunger and was wondering if WS does the same? Do you go into ketosis while on the plan? Do you ever feel ravenous or deprived?

muffintopbegone
04-30-2010, 09:40 AM
OK, I just found the following info that answered my question:

"The diet (WS) introduces a state of ketosis in the dieter, making the body burn fat."

EDIT: I tried to add the link to the full article, but the bulletin board wouldn't let me!

guttergirl78
04-30-2010, 11:24 AM
I've "heard that ws is a better tasting version of medifast. Some people follow WS guidelines, some (like Pradaboy for example) use WS but follow MF guidelines for lean and green etc. I follow the MF guidelines myself and use fitday to make sure I get in all my calories and keep my carbs below 80.

My body jumped into the mild ketosis late (towards the end of the first week) becaue I had all the symptoms. I was soooo thristy for days. No matter how much water I drank it wasn't enough. I was thinking "oh my god, this diet gave me diabetes, even though I read it was supposed to help improve stuff like that" lol. So I searched on the mf boards and posted here and sure enough found out it was very normal. (within a week I was fine and i'm not dying of thirst and I keep losing fair amounts so I must still mildly be in it).

On another note, I pulled out my ww card from my attempt to diet in Oct (I stopped when my DF lost his job to "save money" lol horrible). I started at 201.6 and 5 weeks later weighed 191.4. It took me 5 weeks to lose 10 pounds. I lost 11lbs in 3 weeks this time. No meetings (this forum serves the same purpose for me). The binder that came with my starter kit is all the lessons. No weekly fees. Sure I pay about $70 a week to feed me (lean and green, plus ws food) but I'm not buying my food and paying someone $13 to weigh me. I'm very happy I stumbled across ws. I was researching Nutrisystem and they jacked up the prices since I last used it and there is no way I was going to pay $400 a month to eat that terrible food again. Thought about a Genie Francis ad for medifast I saw years ago (big GH fan) and thought I'd look into it again. Came to this site and saw Mollymai's posting about ws while doing a search on medifast which prompted me to look into that. I'm oh so happy I went withthis plan. So to anyone considering ws take this as my testimonial lol

pradaboy
04-30-2010, 12:38 PM
I've "heard that ws is a better tasting version of medifast. Some people follow WS guidelines, some (like Pradaboy for example) use WS but follow MF guidelines for lean and green etc. I follow the MF guidelines myself and use fitday to make sure I get in all my calories and keep my carbs below 80.

My body jumped into the mild ketosis late (towards the end of the first week) becaue I had all the symptoms. I was soooo thristy for days. No matter how much water I drank it wasn't enough. I was thinking "oh my god, this diet gave me diabetes, even though I read it was supposed to help improve stuff like that" lol. So I searched on the mf boards and posted here and sure enough found out it was very normal. (within a week I was fine and i'm not dying of thirst and I keep losing fair amounts so I must still mildly be in it).

On another note, I pulled out my ww card from my attempt to diet in Oct (I stopped when my DF lost his job to "save money" lol horrible). I started at 201.6 and 5 weeks later weighed 191.4. It took me 5 weeks to lose 10 pounds. I lost 11lbs in 3 weeks this time. No meetings (this forum serves the same purpose for me). The binder that came with my starter kit is all the lessons. No weekly fees. Sure I pay about $70 a week to feed me (lean and green, plus ws food) but I'm not buying my food and paying someone $13 to weigh me. I'm very happy I stumbled across ws. I was researching Nutrisystem and they jacked up the prices since I last used it and there is no way I was going to pay $400 a month to eat that terrible food again. Thought about a Genie Francis ad for medifast I saw years ago (big GH fan) and thought I'd look into it again. Came to this site and saw Mollymai's posting about ws while doing a search on medifast which prompted me to look into that. I'm oh so happy I went withthis plan. So to anyone considering ws take this as my testimonial lol

congrats on the weight loss!!!

i too can attest to wonderslim being amazing! i did medifast about this time last year and it was ok, but the shakes were horribly chalky tasting!
wonderslim's products are much tastier and waaay mor affordable, like atleast half as much! i can afford to do this for as long as i need it!

jyoyo78
04-30-2010, 01:01 PM
Wow, so glad I found this forum. I've been doing South Beach since January. Was able to lose 20 lbs fairly quickly..have put back on 5, because my willpower has been lacking. And because I'm tired of planning, planning, planning....lol. I work 7 days a week, try to be an attentive wife and loving mother, and take care of two rental properties...I'm just at a point in my life when quick and easy far outweighs all the planning, counting, etc.

So, for those of you who have been following this plan for a while, what have your struggles been? How does the cost of the system affect your budget. Seems to me like there wouldn't be much of a difference between spending my food money on WS vs. going to the store and spending. Plus, there's not the expense of eating out and such...and I'm pretty sure my latte habit would quit too...that's at least $3/day right there! :o)

I need to get my DH on board with me doing this...I've tried other things in the past, so of course he's probably sick of the "new diet"!! lol That's why I want to know how it's affected different people's food budget.

Another question - I already do a pretty intense workout 7 -days a week...would you recommend that I stop for a couple of weeks if I start WS? Or just continue on and adjust as needed?

Anyway...so glad I found this forum. Hopefully I can join the ranks soon!!!

guttergirl78
04-30-2010, 01:04 PM
Continue your workout and add more calories! Muscle burns more calories anyway!

I find it cheaper than other diets and not being on a diet. But that's because I don't eat out anymore or run to the store for something horrible!

Kristikins
04-30-2010, 02:23 PM
Hi all and THANKS for the super warm welcome!! Thanks for the concern w/ my calories....here's a breakdown of what I have daily - I have 2 shakes (160-170 cals each) and 1 bar (140-180 cals) PLUS my 550 cal meal a day - so I'm getting right over 1000 a day!! Goodness knows I couldn't survive on just the 550 cals - even though at one meal that is WAY too much (unless you're talking Fast Food)...I'm feeling GREAT!!!

Went for my 2 week weigh-in/check up today....I'm down 6.5 pounds!!! AND the best part is that my BMI is down 2 whole points!! WOOT WOOT!!! My Dr has the grooviest scale that breaks down how much fat/water you have too - so of that 6.5 pounds I'm down 5 in the FAT dept!!! YAY ME!!! She also gave me the green light to spread out some calories - I've had a hard time eating 550 at suppertime, Grilled chicken/salad/veggies ain't much...so I've had yogurt and fruit at "snack". She said that was ok if I needed to, to stave off hunger!

BTW, anyone diggin on Greek Yogurt? Our Walmart finally started carrying it so I tried it. I think I like...it's tangier than regular and is LOADED with protien and it's a lot thicker - more like Sour Cream texture...I'm believe me, I'm the queen of texture! It is more calories though - the vanilla is 110 but the others range from 120 - 140 (not really willing to give up 140 cals for yogurt!!)

:-) Happy Friday!!

harvester
04-30-2010, 02:37 PM

That's a great loss especially with TOM in the picture! Congrats!

harvester
04-30-2010, 02:46 PM
OK, I just found the following info that answered my question:

"The diet (WS) introduces a state of ketosis in the dieter, making the body burn fat."

EDIT: I tried to add the link to the full article, but the bulletin board wouldn't let me!

I feel like I'm in ketosis sometimes (cravings gone, some thirst mostly at night on days I've worked out). When I used ketosticks to test, I'm either barely (and I mean barely) in ketosis or not at all.
I think it depends on how low you keep your carb intake. I tend to keep my on the lower side (but not Atkins low), because I'm very carb sensitive. I tend to have hypoglycemic episodes and my cravings go way out of control. I can almost hear the sugary sweets calling me! lol

harvester
04-30-2010, 02:55 PM
What do you do if you have to go off plan? Dh came by my office today to take me to lunch. I couldn't turn him down since he rarely has enough time at lunch to do this and he surprised me!
We ended up going to a cafeteria style place and I ordered mostly salad, veggies, and a chicken breast with a sauce made of cream on it. I tried to scrape off most of the cream sauce even though it was wonderful! The salad had craisins, pecans, and feta cheese in it. It was almost like desert since I haven't really had sweets in awhile.
Other than that, I've had 2 WS Mocha shakes and a WS lemon crisp bar. I plan to go jogging later to work off the extra calories. I don't want to mess up my second week.

pradaboy
04-30-2010, 03:54 PM
What do you do if you have to go off plan? Dh came by my office today to take me to lunch. I couldn't turn him down since he rarely has enough time at lunch to do this and he surprised me!
We ended up going to a cafeteria style place and I ordered mostly salad, veggies, and a chicken breast with a sauce made of cream on it. I tried to scrape off most of the cream sauce even though it was wonderful! The salad had craisins, pecans, and feta cheese in it. It was almost like desert since I haven't really had sweets in awhile.
Other than that, I've had 2 WS Mocha shakes and a WS lemon crisp bar. I plan to go jogging later to work off the extra calories. I don't want to mess up my second week.

well to be honest, i broke down the other day and went to taco casa and got 2 meat and cheese burritos...thankfully they made me feel horrible, not mentally, just physically. my body wasn't used to that kind of food anymore.
the next day, i just dusted myself off and got back on track.
we are all most likely going to faulter and have our moments of weakness, i think the important part is being able to say, "okay, that was yesterday and today is a new day to make the right choices."

Kristikins
04-30-2010, 03:55 PM
Harvester: good for you for not turning down DH's date invite and for making good choices!! We've not attempted to eat out yet - 2weeks down here too, so I can only imagine how hard it will be to pass up the yummy rolls, desserts and starchy veggies!!! I do think it's ok to be a little lienient from time to time - my hardest thing tho is to only make it from "time to time"...so I'm trying to be really strict on myself...it is sooo hard!! Hang in there, you'll do good!!
Kristi

Kristikins
04-30-2010, 03:57 PM
well to be honest, i broke down the other day and went to taco casa and got 2 meat and cheese burritos...thankfully they made me feel horrible, not mentally, just physically. my body wasn't used to that kind of food anymore.
the next day, i just dusted myself off and got back on track.
we are all most likely going to faulter and have our moments of weakness, i think the important part is being able to say, "okay, that was yesterday and today is a new day to make the right choices."

Right on Pradaboy!!! Preach it from the rooftops!!! One day at a time - or as someone on here said "One meal at a time" (don't remember who said it, but it's SO true!!)..cheers~
Kristi

LizR
04-30-2010, 03:58 PM
Wow, so glad I found this forum. I've been doing South Beach since January. Was able to lose 20 lbs fairly quickly..have put back on 5, because my willpower has been lacking. And because I'm tired of planning, planning, planning....lol. I work 7 days a week, try to be an attentive wife and loving mother, and take care of two rental properties...I'm just at a point in my life when quick and easy far outweighs all the planning, counting, etc.

So, for those of you who have been following this plan for a while, what have your struggles been? How does the cost of the system affect your budget. Seems to me like there wouldn't be much of a difference between spending my food money on WS vs. going to the store and spending. Plus, there's not the expense of eating out and such...and I'm pretty sure my latte habit would quit too...that's at least $3/day right there! :o)

I need to get my DH on board with me doing this...I've tried other things in the past, so of course he's probably sick of the "new diet"!! lol That's why I want to know how it's affected different people's food budget.

Another question - I already do a pretty intense workout 7 -days a week...would you recommend that I stop for a couple of weeks if I start WS? Or just continue on and adjust as needed?

Anyway...so glad I found this forum. Hopefully I can join the ranks soon!!!

Welcome! I also picked WS other a calorie or carb counting diet because I just don't have time to plan while caring for the kids!

I did not have to increase my food budget to buy WS. I saved some money by giving up diet soda and lots by not buying any fast food or junk food!

When you get your starter pack for WS it has diets that are 1000, 1200, 1500 and 1800. Keep up your workouts and pick a higher calorie WS plan. The workouts are great for you!

Good luck!

annieann77
04-30-2010, 04:02 PM

You could always have your L&G as lunch and WS for supper but since you are working out I wouldn't be too worried about it. As long as your not eating burgers and fries!? It sounds like you made a good choice for your lunch.

LizR
04-30-2010, 04:05 PM

Just get right back on plan. Don't worry about it or punish yourself. (Not that there is anything wrong with going jogging.) Sounds like you had a good time with dh and made a good food choice at the restaurant which is GREAT.

LizR
04-30-2010, 04:20 PM
I've been doing WS for over 4 months and got really tired of the shakes so when I saw a card at costco that was 5 weeks of nutrisystems food for $240 I bought it. Started Nutrisystem last Sunday thinking I would alternate weeks between nutrisystem and WS. Well let me tell you that nutrisystem does NOT work for me! :( After just 5 days I am starvings. This is at the same or slightly higher calorie level than WS! This morning I was taking my baby for a walk in his stroller and I started to get this terrible feeling from hunger. I've gone back to WS for the rest of today and the future. I will NOT complain about getting tired of the shakes again.

I am back and fully committed to team WonderSlim. :carrot:

REGEE
04-30-2010, 10:07 PM

Congrats on your loss!!!! Buy FROZEN:D

REGEE
04-30-2010, 10:09 PM
I've been doing WS for over 4 months and got really tired of the shakes so when I saw a card at costco that was 5 weeks of nutrisystems food for $240 I bought it. Started Nutrisystem last Sunday thinking I would alternate weeks between nutrisystem and WS. Well let me tell you that nutrisystem does NOT work for me! :( After just 5 days I am starvings. This is at the same or slightly higher calorie level than WS! This morning I was taking my baby for a walk in his stroller and I started to get this terrible feeling from hunger. I've gone back to WS for the rest of today and the future. I will NOT complain about getting tired of the shakes again.

Oh Noooo!!! Hope U feel better!!

REGEE
04-30-2010, 10:20 PM
Hi all and THANKS for the super warm welcome!! Thanks for the concern w/ my calories....here's a breakdown of what I have daily - I have 2 shakes (160-170 cals each) and 1 bar (140-180 cals) PLUS my 550 cal meal a day - so I'm getting right over 1000 a day!! Goodness knows I couldn't survive on just the 550 cals - even though at one meal that is WAY too much (unless you're talking Fast Food)...I'm feeling GREAT!!!

Went for my 2 week weigh-in/check up today....I'm down 6.5 pounds!!! AND the best part is that my BMI is down 2 whole points!! WOOT WOOT!!! My Dr has the grooviest scale that breaks down how much fat/water you have too - so of that 6.5 pounds I'm down 5 in the FAT dept!!! YAY ME!!! She also gave me the green light to spread out some calories - I've had a hard time eating 550 at suppertime, Grilled chicken/salad/veggies ain't much...so I've had yogurt and fruit at "snack". She said that was ok if I needed to, to stave off hunger!

BTW, anyone diggin on Greek Yogurt? Our Walmart finally started carrying it so I tried it. I think I like...it's tangier than regular and is LOADED with protien and it's a lot thicker - more like Sour Cream texture...I'm believe me, I'm the queen of texture! It is more calories though - the vanilla is 110 but the others range from 120 - 140 (not really willing to give up 140 cals for yogurt!!)

:-) Happy Friday!!

OH OK now I see:D
I LOVE greek yogurt!! But have not had any since starting WS. I'm following their 1000cal. plan & yogurt is NOT on it:mad:

Well, happy weekend!

harvester
05-01-2010, 01:07 AM

The shakes are very filling. I don't get hungry when I'm drinking them. I think I could go all liquids with the shakes and still not be hungry. I'd miss eating real food though.

harvester
05-01-2010, 01:11 AM
and I'm pretty sure my latte habit would quit too...
Tried the WS Mocha shake for the first time today. I'm not a coffee drinker, but I like cappuccinos. The shake tasted just like a cappuccino! I think it would satisfy your latte cravings.

jyoyo78
05-01-2010, 01:21 AM
So...is DietDirect the only place to purchase WonderSlim? Or is the program similar to Medifast where there are local sales reps or whatever?

Also, I have a friend who works at a cardiologist office. Their nutritionist is the person who recommended MF to her, then she passed along the info to me after losing 10 lbs in 4 days! That's when I started doing my research and found Wonderslim. Told her about WS today...she showed the info to the same nutrionist who said...I hate to say this, but WS is a lot better! Sweet huh?!!?? So...now we're both going to order some WS supplies! lol

Q: Can people go in halvies on orders??? Or does it not "work" that way?

Thanks for answering all of my questions!! :o)

LizR
05-01-2010, 06:16 AM
Tried the WS Mocha shake for the first time today. I'm not a coffee drinker, but I like cappuccinos. The shake tasted just like a cappuccino! I think it would satisfy your latte cravings.

I add low acid instant coffee to the mocha shake so that it is like a fancy coffee drink.

LizR
05-01-2010, 06:20 AM
So...is DietDirect the only place to purchase WonderSlim? Or is the program similar to Medifast where there are local sales reps or whatever?

You have to go through dietdirect. I think this is why it is cheaper than medifast. If you call dietdirect they have really helpful people that can help you put a program together.

Q: Can people go in halvies on orders??? Or does it not "work" that way?

I think to go halvies you would need to get a dietdirect account and pay for the order and your friend would have to pay their half directly to you. Program wise it wouldn't cause a problem. Dietdirect has volume discounts so it is a good idea.

Good luck and welcome. :welcome:

thinivy
05-01-2010, 06:47 AM
I am thinking of doing this, but worried about aspartame/nutrisweet. Did/does anyone get headaches from that?

thinivy
05-01-2010, 06:54 AM
Also, can you have regular coffee with milk?

LizR
05-01-2010, 08:58 AM
I am thinking of doing this, but worried about aspartame/nutrisweet. Did/does anyone get headaches from that?

I haven't but I have read about aspartame causing headaches for some people.

As for real milk in your coffee, it isn't part of the plan but you could add it if you wanted. It would just be extra calories over the plan.

guttergirl78
05-01-2010, 09:33 AM
I had 2 days of headaches in the beginning. But that was detox from carbs (I went low carb no more than 80 a day).

The only important difference between WS and MF is that MF has vitamins so you don't have to take anything else. With WS you definitely need a multi-vitamin. I noticed, in tracking my foods (and having added my vitamin as a custom food) on fitday that I do not get enough Potassium. An average day puts me at about 40% for this. I started taking Potassium supplements to cover the difference (Potassium is not in my multi vitamin). I opted to not eat the starches and the fruits so I do not get potassium from banannas or OJ. I just wanted to make the newbies aware that you should take a multi-vitamin with WS and if you're not eating potassium rich foods you may want to consider supplements.

I'm so glad I found fitday just because it helps me keep myself in check and records my daily calories. Sure it was a pain to put in the nutritional value for all those darn shakes, bars and protein supp. but my weightloss has improved since doing so. (I don't think I ate nearly enough calories the first week) Plus it makes it easier to track my carbs.

p.s. I decided not to wait til Monday to start my wii fit. What's the point? Why does everything always have to start on Monday. No time like the present!

jyoyo78
05-01-2010, 11:49 AM
That's so funny guttergirl...about always waiting til Monday! What IS the point?? It's not like our fat cells and muffin tops know that it's Monday...lol But, our brain sure does!! :o)

Liz, thanks for the info, on ordering and such. I guess my main concern was that any directions or pamphlets or whatever...there would only be one set...I guess we could just share those if I go in with a friend.

So, how are the "scrambled eggs" from WS. Like I said earlier, my friend gave me a couple days worth of packets, but they're MF. I had the scrambled eggs today. I had already heard from other they were nasty...so I added Mrs. Dash and some fresh basil...not too shabby...and surprisingly...I'm FULL!! That is ridiculous!! I'm NEVER full from some little packet of powder...lol

I'm SO excited to start WS!! And get all skinny mini!! Woot, woot!

guttergirl78
05-01-2010, 12:38 PM
Why spend money on WS scrambled eggs when you can buy egg beaters and have more?

If I'm not feeling the shake thing I'll make a low carb meal that fits the guidelines (like eggbeaters and veggie sausage). Some days I even have 2 Lean and Green meals. As long as your meals fall in the number of calories you're alloted per day and you don't go over the number of carbs you would've eaten had you just had the shake (or in this case the WS eggs) it's just saving some money. Egg beaters are far better tasting than those WS eggs. They arent bad (like say that Tex Mex Chicken junk) but I don't think they're worth $10. I also think that one day (hopefully before 2011) I will reach my goal weight and I won't be eating all of this stuff all the time ( I do think I will always have it because it's an easy way for a non meat lover to get her protein in) So why not figure some of it out now?

pradaboy
05-01-2010, 12:55 PM
That's so funny guttergirl...about always waiting til Monday! What IS the point?? It's not like our fat cells and muffin tops know that it's Monday...lol But, our brain sure does!! :o)

Liz, thanks for the info, on ordering and such. I guess my main concern was that any directions or pamphlets or whatever...there would only be one set...I guess we could just share those if I go in with a friend.

So, how are the "scrambled eggs" from WS. Like I said earlier, my friend gave me a couple days worth of packets, but they're MF. I had the scrambled eggs today. I had already heard from other they were nasty...so I added Mrs. Dash and some fresh basil...not too shabby...and surprisingly...I'm FULL!! That is ridiculous!! I'm NEVER full from some little packet of powder...lol

I'm SO excited to start WS!! And get all skinny mini!! Woot, woot!

I actually just got up the nerve to make the WS Cheese & veggie omelette....and I was pleasantly surprised. It was actually pretty good and filling. Best breakfast I've had in 2 weeks! lol

jeanelld
05-01-2010, 12:59 PM
Mollymai, thanks for starting the new thread.

Down 4lbs my first week...I will take that. For week two I am aiming to work-out six days a week, get ALL my water in (been drinking about 32oz, not 64oz like I should), and take another step toward kicking my sugar addiction.

Congrats Mollimai, Kristikins, Guttergirl78, and LizR on your loss :). And well done Pradaboy. I just realized that I've never pouched anything in my life...and I love to cook. On the to-do list...

harvester
05-01-2010, 09:21 PM
Had the WS pancakes this morning. I actually made it into a waffle. It was really good.
I had the WS cheesecake this evening. It was ok. I think it may have given me gas.

Kristikins
05-02-2010, 02:35 PM
WOW, I was out of commission for 1 day and yall have posted a page and a half...we have had some pretty nasty storms here in TN this weekend. So bad that they have shut down all the interstates into the city...Luckily I'm a couple hours from there so it's not been flooding like that here, but still lots of thunder and lightening! Anyway, I've been doing good staying OP!

Trying to work on the menu and grocery list for the week...UGH...

guttergirl78
05-03-2010, 08:19 AM
Uggggh

So I stepped on the scale today (no its not weigh-in) and I gained 2.2 lbs. It's been very hot this past weekend. I ate OP, exercised Saturday even though I don't really plan to do so Saturdays and I'm up. Do I assume that even though I thought I drank my normal amount of water yesterday that it just wasn't enough? I drank 2 liter bottles (that's close to 66oz) and I drank two glasses of water before I drank the liter bottles.

LizR
05-03-2010, 10:44 AM
guttergirl78 - I was up this morning too! :mad: Exercise can make you retain water even if you are drinking enough. Maybe that is what happened to you. I just can't imagine that 66oz isn't enough! Sometimes I think the scale is just crazy. I am not going to weigh again for a while and just stay on plan. I know it works so why let the scale mess with my head?

Kristikins - Stay dry! I have a hard time working menus for the whole family too. Why must all healthy food cost so much?

jeanelld - Congrats on the 4lbs. That is awesome. :yay:

Kristikins
05-03-2010, 12:13 PM
Healthy food does cost more - seems like it shouldn't though, cause they leave out stuff or it's grown in someones garden (which is fairly cheap to do) - I'm not an outside kind of girl though, so no garden for me! Somehow for the last 2 weeks we have been able to keep the grocery bill down - of course I'm eating my Dr food that was rediculously expensive, plus my 550 cal meal; hubby can't figure out why we need so many tomatoes (duh) I'm eating one a day in my giant salad!! silly man!

The storms have finally left TN and are headed your way LizR - batten down the hatches and hang on, it's a doosey!

You ladies who are up - remember that muscle weighs more than fat, so give that new muscle a chance to feast and you'll see a nice loss...just keep up your good habits and kick the bad ones to the curb!

sigh....yep...it's Monday, no doubt about it!

pradaboy
05-03-2010, 02:12 PM
oh how the mighty have fallen! lol
today was my weigh in...i've lost 3lbs since last monday. its better than nothing and to be expected with my minor set back and all.
also this weekend i took some pretty epic naps that were like 5 hours long, so i missed a few of my meals.

i need to stay on plan hardcore through thursday. i'm taking a mini vacation this weekend to hot springs, friday-monday, and i intend to fully enjoy myself.
next monday's weigh in is not going to be cute. lol

Kristikins
05-03-2010, 04:44 PM
awww pradaboy - hang in there, just do really good this week and maybe the scales will be kind next week! Congrats on your loss too by the way!! Have fun on your trip and remember - two steps forward and one step back is still a step in the right direction...so if you fall off for the weekend - just jump back on when you return...and sometimes it takes a week or so for vacation "fun" to show up, so as long as you're good before and after you may not even see the bad!

pradaboy
05-03-2010, 04:55 PM
awww pradaboy - hang in there, just do really good this week and maybe the scales will be kind next week! Congrats on your loss too by the way!! Have fun on your trip and remember - two steps forward and one step back is still a step in the right direction...so if you fall off for the weekend - just jump back on when you return...and sometimes it takes a week or so for vacation "fun" to show up, so as long as you're good before and after you may not even see the bad!

thanks for the encouragement! :) i know i will be doing plenty of walking there, so hopefully i won't do too much damage!

jyoyo78
05-03-2010, 04:56 PM
I ordered my first little starter kit today. So excited to get it. Not so excited that I live in WA and it's shipped from NC - 5 business days!! lol That's okay, it'll give me time to get my body ready...lol I figure I'll try to be super good with my south beach ways, then once I get the WS stuff, switch to that :o) One good thing about having done south beach...I already have a lot of lean and green stuff in my house, so I won't have to do extra shopping for that stuff.

Questions: Did all of you start with a starter kit? Do you continue to use starter kits? Or just order individual things that you like? Just curious how others do it. Since I'm new to this forum...do you all mind posting how long you've been eating WS? And your results since starting? Any side effects at all?

Have a wonderful day!

pradaboy
05-03-2010, 05:32 PM
I ordered my first little starter kit today. So excited to get it. Not so excited that I live in WA and it's shipped from NC - 5 business days!! lol That's okay, it'll give me time to get my body ready...lol I figure I'll try to be super good with my south beach ways, then once I get the WS stuff, switch to that :o) One good thing about having done south beach...I already have a lot of lean and green stuff in my house, so I won't have to do extra shopping for that stuff.

Questions: Did all of you start with a starter kit? Do you continue to use starter kits? Or just order individual things that you like? Just curious how others do it. Since I'm new to this forum...do you all mind posting how long you've been eating WS? And your results since starting? Any side effects at all?

Have a wonderful day!
hi and welcome! i started off with the 4 week kit on april 19th. once i use all of it up, i will definately just be picking and choosing what i want.

harvester
05-03-2010, 06:07 PM
Down 2.4 lbs this week!! Like pradaboy I'll be taking a short trip this weekend too. I'm going to try to stick close to plan. I need to be ready for my trip to the beach in July!

harvester
05-03-2010, 06:08 PM

Have a wonderful day!

I never purchased a starter kit. I found it cheaper to buy the things I like once the discounts for bulk and coupons are added. I just made sure it was enough.

LizR
05-03-2010, 08:57 PM

I started with the 2 week kit. After that I made a large order with my favorites which gave me major bulk discounts. Since then I have made a few smaller purchases for food that was recommended on this group. Just ordered some berry yogurt drinks yesterday to give me a non-chocolate flavored shake option.

I've been on WS for 5 months this week and am down 70lbs. :D I tried nutrisystem for a week recently but I was really hungry on their plan and I am not very hungry on my WS plan.

I think you will be really happy that you started WS! :dance:

pradaboy
05-03-2010, 09:06 PM
just wanted to share my lean & green meal for tonight that i thought was pretty good.

i made a sort of shrimp scampi. i made a scampi sauce with some lemon, minced garlic, about 2 teaspoons of "i can't believe it's not butter", and about 1 tsp of evoo. threw in some raw shrimp, and cooked until pink.

then i removed the shrimp, and sauteed some bagged cole slaw mix in the sauce for a few minutes.

tossed the shrimp back in for a quick stir then plated it! yum yum yum!

guttergirl78
05-03-2010, 09:55 PM
just wanted to share my lean & green meal for tonight that i thought was pretty good.

i made a sort of shrimp scampi. i made a scampi sauce with some lemon, minced garlic, about 2 teaspoons of "i can't believe it's not butter", and about 1 tsp of evoo. threw in some raw shrimp, and cooked until pink.

then i removed the shrimp, and sauteed some bagged cole slaw mix in the sauce for a few minutes.

I'm gonna start eating at your house. Shrimp scampi and poached salmon!

pradaboy
05-03-2010, 10:25 PM
I'm gonna start eating at your house. Shrimp scampi and poached salmon!

lol! it's just so easy! they're both like 10-15 minute meals!

harvester
05-04-2010, 01:26 AM

I'm going to try that!

Kristikins
05-04-2010, 09:47 AM
Congrats Harvester on your loss!! That's awesome!!

LizR - phenominal weight loss; I hope I'm singing that song after 5 months too!!

Pradaboy - YUM, thanks for the recipe! I'm not into Salmon, but I do love me some shrimp!!

It's a beautiful warm and sunny day in TN today!! Too bad I'm sittin' behind a desk!

Kristikins
05-04-2010, 09:49 AM

Congratulations on your decision to go the WS way - I'll be joining yall in July - once my Dr's program has run its course...isn't waiting on a pkg just the worst kind of anxiety ever!!!!

guttergirl78
05-04-2010, 09:50 AM
That extra weight must've been retained water because before bed last night I hopped on the scale and I was 191.6 which was even lower than I was Sunday morning. Darn Humidity

PaulaM
05-04-2010, 11:07 AM
Just checking in. We went to Santa Barbara for our anniversary this weekend so I did not stay on plan at all. For the first time EVER I noticed that when I was eating the WS stuff, I had zero heartburn and gas issues. This weekend I had pasta, bread, pancakes, all the stuff I hadn't been eating for a few months, and while it was delicious I didn't feel as good physically. I'm really convinced that low carb is the way to go now.

Congrats to all who are continuing to lose and welcome to the newbies!

pradaboy
05-04-2010, 03:07 PM
just wanted to say, "Yay!". I got my weight ticker for my signature! :)

jyoyo78
05-04-2010, 04:52 PM
Wow Liz! Great job on the weight loss!! Hoping to join you soon :o)

Thanks for the input everyone! Pradaboy, your shrimp recipe sounds quite tasty! I'll be following Guttergirl to your house!

Harvester...after all the comparing I did, I agree! That's why I was asking. I did want to be able to have the extras in the beginning (like the shaker and all that jazz), so that's why I did the starter-kit. Then figured from here on out I'd do the individuals, as long as the order is over $99 I'm good! :o) Sounds like we're on the same page there....phew.

So, I was curious about any side effects anyone has had. I don't mean to be graphic here...and I'm not even positive it's from eating the packets. But, like I said earlier, I've been eating some of the MF packets. From what I've been told (even by the folks at DietDirect), MF and WS are very similar. Well, have anyone experienced any tummy issues? Here's the graphic part - I've noticed myself being more gassy....and having more frequent bowel movements. Has anyone else experienced this? It might be totally unrelated...just wanted to see if anyone else noticed it while eating the WS way :o)

Thanks!!

jyoyo78
05-04-2010, 04:56 PM
PaulaM - funny, I posted my "gas" question before I read your post. So...you don't notice tummy issues while eating WS?? I think I'm understanding that right. Maybe I'm just that way from other stuff...who knows!! Isn't the human body just lovely!?!

WTG on your ticker acheivement Prada! :o) I was excited to get mine a while back too....time to change mine up a bit...it's too blah!

LizR
05-04-2010, 05:03 PM
So, I was curious about any side effects anyone has had. I don't mean to be graphic here...and I'm not even positive it's from eating the packets. But, like I said earlier, I've been eating some of the MF packets. From what I've been told (even by the folks at DietDirect), MF and WS are very similar. Well, have anyone experienced any tummy issues? Here's the graphic part - I've noticed myself being more gassy....and having more frequent bowel movements. Has anyone else experienced this? It might be totally unrelated...just wanted to see if anyone else noticed it while eating the WS way :o)

Thanks!!

I have had similar stomach issues but not from the WS products. I have problems with some raw vegetables. I think a lot of people have similar problems. I've started having Activia yogurt with my WS breakfast in place of the fruit servings. I've also tried to focus on cooked vegetables (steamed or roasted) and started soaking my leafy greens in a water/vinegar mix before cleaning and eating.

Good luck and welcome to WS!

harvester
05-04-2010, 05:21 PM
Like PaulaM I don't have any stomach problems as long as I'm eating the WS products. I ate a small piece of cake about a week ago and immediately felt bloated and gassy. I know I'm very sensitive to carbs.
I'm already nervous about eating out this weekend. I hope I can make good choices.

pradaboy
05-04-2010, 05:30 PM
Just packed up 5 boxes of WS stuff I didn't care for to send back to exchange for stuff I would enjoy more.

Mainly on the list is the strawberry stuff.....i've choked down all I could!

Also, I was not a fan of the Vegetarian Joe at all!

annieann77
05-04-2010, 06:32 PM
I have noticed that I am the same as harvester, as long as I stick to the program I don't seem to have any side effects but I also had a cheat and noticed it bothered my tummy. I try to stay away from any cheats that are high in fat or carbs and if I need something extra I have turkey pepperoni or low fat yogurt, something high protein but low fat. I like WS so far, I've only been on the plan for about 3 weeks and waiting for my 2nd order so I have more choices! :)

REGEE
05-04-2010, 09:39 PM
Hi All! Hope every one is having a good week!
My wt. in Sunday was good, another 2lbs gone:-)

I just tryed the WS dk. choc. pudding & BOY is it Great!!!
I also like the WS veg. cheese omelet. It's a kinda weird texture but I enjoy the flavor.

I've been soooo tired! I feel drained of ALL energy! so I got a multi. vit. & I take it at bed time. In the past vit. usu. make me EXTREMELY HUNGRY!!!
So far so good...................

PaulaM
05-04-2010, 10:50 PM
PaulaM - funny, I posted my "gas" question before I read your post. So...you don't notice tummy issues while eating WS?? I think I'm understanding that right. Maybe I'm just that way from other stuff...who knows!! Isn't the human body just lovely!?!

WTG on your ticker acheivement Prada! :o) I was excited to get mine a while back too....time to change mine up a bit...it's too blah!

nope, just the opposite for me; when I'm eating WS I have no body issues at all

PaulaM
05-04-2010, 10:51 PM
Just packed up 5 boxes of WS stuff I didn't care for to send back to exchange for stuff I would enjoy more.

I found if you throw some fruit in with the strawberry shake it changes the taste entirely. So far I have tried blueberries and strawberries.

harvester
05-05-2010, 08:37 AM

I thought the Veg. Joe was surprisingly good. I cooked it on the stove instead of the microwave and put it over 1 slice of thin bread (40 cal). It tasted like a sloppy joe.
I'm not a huge fan of the berry yogurt smoothie, but I can tolerate it. I just have a little left.

mollymai
05-05-2010, 08:57 AM
Wow Liz! Great job on the weight loss!! Hoping to join you soon :o)

Thanks for the input everyone! Pradaboy, your shrimp recipe sounds quite tasty! I'll be following Guttergirl to your house!

Harvester...after all the comparing I did, I agree! That's why I was asking. I did want to be able to have the extras in the beginning (like the shaker and all that jazz), so that's why I did the starter-kit. Then figured from here on out I'd do the individuals, as long as the order is over $99 I'm good! :o) Sounds like we're on the same page there....phew.

Thanks!!

I haven't noticed any side affects.

guttergirl78
05-05-2010, 09:33 AM
I'm still attempting to choke down the Tex Mex and chickn tomatoes. On the lunch menu for today: Tex Mex.....yuck. I can't wait for it to be gone!

Kristikins
05-05-2010, 09:49 AM
Hey guttergirl - you are having Tex-Mex on Cinco de Mayo (maybe that'll help you choke it down today!! ole'!!

REGEE - GREAT job on the loss!! Congrats!

I too have found that adding frozen berries to my CMWL shakes makes them taste not so powdery..yum...

man o man, yesterday when I was at Curves I had a horrible woosy feeling. My tummy felt almost nauseated and my head felt kind of like I wasn't there...I wasn't working out harder than normal, so I wonder if it was just that my bloodsugar dropped or maybe I was too hungry...I generally have a fruit before lunch, workout and then my bar...any suggestions on what could have happened??

amy1974
05-05-2010, 10:12 AM
Hi everyone-
I wanted to try and join in with everyone here if that's okay. I've been doing New Lifestyle diet for two weeks and have lost 9.8lbs!! I just found out that Wonderslim offers the same choices as New Lifestyle for cheaper so my next order is probably going to be from Wonderslim. It's also located a couple of states closer so I won't have to wait as long for my shipments.

It's great reading through all the success that everyone is having.

Amy

jyoyo78
05-05-2010, 11:10 AM
Welcome Amy!! I'm waiting for my first order of WS too :o) Have tried a few things from MF, but definitely like the cheaper prices of WS. I'm in WA state, it takes FOREVER to get here...lol....but it'll be worth the wait, right? It's not like 7 more days of being fat is gonna kill me....it's already been almost 13 years! :o) Can't wait to share my stories with everyone!

pradaboy
05-05-2010, 11:53 AM
I do think the shakes and veggie joe would be better with fruit and bread respectively, but I'm not having fruit or bread since I am using the WS in the same way I would Medifast. It's strictly the 5 WS meals and 1 lean and green meal(which is also somewhat restrictive of which veggies you can eat).

LizR
05-05-2010, 12:47 PM
man o man, yesterday when I was at Curves I had a horrible woosy feeling. My tummy felt almost nauseated and my head felt kind of like I wasn't there...I wasn't working out harder than normal, so I wonder if it was just that my bloodsugar dropped or maybe I was too hungry...I generally have a fruit before lunch, workout and then my bar...any suggestions on what could have happened??

Yikes! It sounds like your blood sugar was too low for exercising. I've read several other places that having protein before you work out is a good idea. Maybe replace the fruit with something high in protein. I hope you feel better soon.

LizR
05-05-2010, 12:48 PM
Hi everyone-
I wanted to try and join in with everyone here if that's okay. I've been doing New Lifestyle diet for two weeks and have lost 9.8lbs!! I just found out that Wonderslim offers the same choices as New Lifestyle for cheaper so my next order is probably going to be from Wonderslim. It's also located a couple of states closer so I won't have to wait as long for my shipments.

It's great reading through all the success that everyone is having.

Amy

Welcome Amy. :welcome:

Congrats on the 9.8lbs. That is awesome.

PaulaM
05-05-2010, 05:37 PM
I do think the shakes and veggie joe would be better with fruit and bread respectively, but I'm not having fruit or bread since I am using the WS in the same way I would Medifast. It's strictly the 5 WS meals and 1 lean and green meal(which is also somewhat restrictive of which veggies you can eat).

Ah, so you're really sticking to the harder plan, I see.

REGEE
05-05-2010, 06:54 PM
Hey guttergirl - you are having Tex-Mex on Cinco de Mayo (maybe that'll help you choke it down today!! ole'!!

REGEE - GREAT job on the loss!! Congrats!

I too have found that adding frozen berries to my CMWL shakes makes them taste not so powdery..yum...

Thanks!!

U know, the same thing happened to me once when I first got started good on the WS program & I had started doing the Wii Biggest Loser:?: I think I'd not had anything to eat. After the sick woozy feeling let up I went & had a shake, then I felt better. So the lesson I learned was take a shake PRIOR to exercising.

mollymai
05-05-2010, 07:29 PM
I am starting to have sweet cravings more often. I have a bar a day to keep the carbs down. I love sweets and that's one of my weakness. I know if I had a shake it would cut the cravings because it is sweet, or I could just wait until it passes.

LizR
05-05-2010, 10:30 PM
I am starting to have sweet cravings more often. I have a bar a day to keep the carbs down. I love sweets and that's one of my weakness. I know if I had a shake it would cut the cravings because it is sweet, or I could just wait until it passes.

I LOVE sweets too. I use iced tea with a packed of splenda to help with my sweet tooth when it is not time for a shake.

mollymai
05-06-2010, 08:51 AM
Down .6 this week:carrot:

amy1974
05-06-2010, 09:17 AM
Does Wonderslim send out coupons to use on their site? thanks
Amy

guttergirl78
05-06-2010, 10:00 AM
Does Wonderslim send out coupons to use on their site? thanks
Amy

No but they do have specials and sales. No fancy looking required. theres coupon code to select that will automatically put in the codes for you. You just have to click the little button to have it used

annieann77
05-06-2010, 10:14 AM
Today was weigh in day ... I'm down 1.2lbs!! :D It probably would have been more but I kinda had a few cheats and never worked out at the gym like I normally would. So for this week I vow to be more diligent and stay on plan, work out more and stay focused!! ;) Hopefully my 2nd shipment gets here today too cause I don't have enough shakes for tomorrow!? :( It will be hard to stay on track without any WS product, I wish it didn't take so long to get through customs!!

jyoyo78
05-06-2010, 10:53 AM
Ugh!!! These next 5 days of waiting for my little package are going to be torturous!! Maybe I shouldn't check in for a while...lol...then I won't have to be jealous that you're all losing weight without me! ha ha Cause there's NO way I can do it on my own, right...sheesh :)

Weigh to go on the losses Molly and Annie!! Woot Woot!!!

Kristikins
05-06-2010, 10:53 AM
I'm finding lately that I'm going over my 550 cal meal a little bit; BUT I'm still not eating junk (I have a snack size snicker bar in my desk - that's been there for about 4 weeks now to prove it)...so I think I'm still doing ok. I'm only going over by less than 100 cals when I do go over, so maybe that's not so bad huh...

Oh, BTW, that snicker bar is my vow to myself that I will NOT let it have control over me. I have complete control over it! I will NOT eat it because I know that it will only lead me into more destructive binge eating, and I'll quickly undo what I've done so far!

WOO HOO it's Thursday guys!! Enjoy the day!

LizR
05-06-2010, 01:57 PM
mollymai and annieann77 - Congrats on your losses. I am stuck, stuck, stuck at the same weight for the last 2 weeks. :mad:

jyoyo78 - Hang in there. You will be joining us on WS soon.

kristikins - I love the snicker bar vow! :D

REGEE
05-06-2010, 04:44 PM
I Love the Snicker Bar Vow too:-)!!!

I just ordered ALL liquids. My plan is to reduce the solid sup's (i.e. chili, spicey cheese pasta, etc.) to 1 or none for the next couple of weeks. I'll still have a bar a day & dinner. I wanna see if I can have a big loss before my Memorial Day Vacation:-)

Keep up all the good work WonderSlimers:-)

Cherry in STL
05-06-2010, 04:52 PM
I have been on Wonderslim for 9 days and I have lost 5 pounds! woo hoo!

About the tummy/gas issues ... after 2 days on Wonderslim foods, my bowel movements were less and I felt bloated. I started adding a little Benefiber to my shakes and that has fixed the situation.

guttergirl78
05-06-2010, 05:40 PM
I would kill for a bagel right now. Out of nowhere this craving just popped into my head so I thought I'd log on and "vent it" out and then was reminded of the "snickers vow" and if a lady can resist a snickers infront of her nose I can resist the bagel that I'd have to put on shoes and get in my van and drive to go get lol. I'm stronger than the craving for that bagel.

Hard to believe its been 4 weeks since I had any bread products!

bellenoir
05-06-2010, 05:42 PM
What's wonderslim

harvester
05-06-2010, 07:01 PM
Going to Applebee's for dinner tonight. It's my middle son's birthday and that's where he wants to go. I've estimated that I have about 550 calories to "spend" on my dinner meal. I'm going to try something off their under 550 calories menu and swap the carbs (potatoes or rice) for extra veggies.
I'm really trying to be good this week since we'll be going out of town this weekend and out to dinner with friends.

jyoyo78
05-07-2010, 01:40 AM
Let me know what you ended up getting Harvester....we're going there on Saturday night :o)

harvester
05-07-2010, 08:52 AM
Let me know what you ended up getting Harvester....we're going there on Saturday night :o)

I got Grilled Dijon Chicken & Portobellos. Substituted the potatoes for extra veggies. It was really good. That dijon mustard is strong though.

guttergirl78
05-07-2010, 10:14 AM
I"m down 2.4lbs this week. I was hoping to officially hit the 180's but I missed it by .4 of a lb lol there is always next week! I round my ticker up since if you put in fractions of a lb they generously always round down (how nice).

LizR
05-07-2010, 10:29 AM
I"m down 2.4lbs this week.

Congrats! :yay:

LizR
05-07-2010, 10:31 AM
141.6, 141.6, ..., 141.6

I have been the same weight for 2 weeks meanwhile I have been on plan the whole time! :( I want to see 141.4!!

Ahhhrrrrr

annieann77
05-07-2010, 12:32 PM
I"m down 2.4lbs this week.

YEA!! Congrats on your loss!! It's a big one too, guess the Wii is paying off?

I have run out of shakes now... stupid customs is holding my order at the boarder!? I think I will place my 3rd order now and then maybe it will be here in time!? :dizzy: I might also have to buy some protein powder from the health store just to get me through the next few days? I do still have some left over Nutrisystem food from before I started WS but they are higher in calories and carbs then WS.

Hope everyone has a great weekend and for all the Moms, a great Mothers Day!! :)

annieann77
05-07-2010, 12:33 PM
141.6, 141.6, ..., 141.6

I have been the same weight for 2 weeks meanwhile I have been on plan the whole time! :( I want to see 141.4!!

Ahhhrrrrr

They say those last 5lbs are usually the hardest to get off!? Keep at it, I'm sure you will reach your goal soon!!

harvester
05-07-2010, 03:43 PM
141.6, 141.6, ..., 141.6

Ahhhrrrrr

Maybe try doing a little more exercise. That should help.

Waterwoman64
05-07-2010, 03:51 PM
Hi, am a newbie and have been dieting since Apr. 19th and on WS since Apr.28th. Am so glad to have found this website and all of you talking about your experiences with WS...........love Liz's Epictetus quote and see where she started out and is now. Everyone's stories are so encouraging, and believe this may just be the thing that has been missing from my prior dieting experiences. Will be reading regularly and posting some too so I can get my little counter thingie! Thanks for all of you!

Waterwoman64
05-07-2010, 03:57 PM
Hi, am a newbie and am so happy to have found this site. Really like Liz's Epictetus quote and it is encouraging to see where she started and is now. Everyone else has such good WS suggestions and I love coming here daily to find encouragement and following everyone's progress. Am so tired of yoyoing (is that a word?) Thanks for all of you.

jyoyo78
05-07-2010, 04:11 PM
Welcome WaterWoman!! I'm in the Pacific Northwest too!

WTG on the loss Guttergirl...awesome!!

Q: How do you guys add the message that you're replying to...either the whole thing..or just part of it??

amy1974
05-07-2010, 04:32 PM
Welcome WaterWoman!! I'm in the Pacific Northwest too!

WTG on the loss Guttergirl...awesome!!

Q: How do you guys add the message that you're replying to...either the whole thing..or just part of it??

Look at the bottom right hand side of the message you are replying to and click quote. then you can delete the parts you don't want.

nice loss too guttergirl

I've been having a weird day-loads of energy but also hunger pains-not cravings just hungry. I'm trying to make certain I get all my shakes in today and on time to keep hunger at bay :^:
Amy

justlinda
05-07-2010, 05:01 PM
Hello everyone.

I just joined this site after reading all of both of the WS threads. Lots of reading today!

I have decided to order this program and see how I can do on it. However, I have an appt for a consult to set up a colonoscopy Mon. so I'm thinking it would be better to not start the program until after the colonoscopy (just routine, don't expect any problems).

I feel like I already know you after reading all of the posts but looking forward to knowing you better and being able to contribute, too.

jeanelld
05-07-2010, 06:15 PM
I am down 1.5 lbs. this week. I did not exercise at all this week, so I am happy with that. Since the weather is clearing I am planning on walking to and from work.

Welcome to all the newbies and congrats to those who lost.

Happy Mother's day to all of the Mommies :).

LizR
05-07-2010, 06:52 PM
They say those last 5lbs are usually the hardest to get off!? Keep at it, I'm sure you will reach your goal soon!!

Thanks for the encouragement.

Maybe try doing a little more exercise. That should help.

I'm afraid you may be right. :^:

LizR
05-07-2010, 06:54 PM
Welcome to WaterWoman and justlinda. :welcome:

I think WS is a terrific plan. A month from now you will be thrilled that you started! :dance:

Congrats jeanelld. :yay: Down 1.5lb in a week is awesome!

jyoyo78
05-07-2010, 07:13 PM
Waterwoman and justlinda, I'm just starting too! I haven't even received my first shipment yet! lol But I can't wait to start posting some awesome results! lol

I did lose 2 lbs this week though. Which is AWESOME!! I've been battling the same 2-4 lbs for the last 6 weeks...up and down...up and down. Ugh!! Still sittin' at 195.4. I was 195 on 4/2. Can't wait to start WS...hoping it will give me the boost I need to continue on this wretched journey ;)

MargieMacD
05-07-2010, 07:16 PM
Hi everyone.

Sorry I haven't posted in a while. My losses slowed down very much and I was starting to feel sick. I even gained about 2 lbs over the course of 2 weeks. My doctor told me I need to increase the calories. He felt that the diet is very healthy but just not enough calories for me. He wants me to eat 1700 - 2000 cals a day.

So what I thought I would do (and i would love to get some of your feedback). I want to use the Weight Watchers points but use the WonderSlim food. With the exeption of the lean and green. I figured it out and for breakfast I would eat about 6 pts, lunch about 5 pts, snacks about 6 pts which is a tota of 17 pts of WonderSlim. I am on 26 points. So I could use the remaining 9 points for the lean and green meal.

What do you all think?

God I hope this works. I was getting so down about it.

Hope you are all doing well.

Marg.

LizR
05-07-2010, 07:58 PM
Hi everyone.

Sorry I haven't posted in a while. My losses slowed down very much and I was starting to feel sick. I even gained about 2 lbs over the course of 2 weeks. My doctor told me I need to increase the calories. He felt that the diet is very healthy but just not enough calories for me. He wants me to eat 1700 - 2000 cals a day.

So what I thought I would do (and i would love to get some of your feedback). I want to use the Weight Watchers points but use the WonderSlim food. With the exeption of the lean and green. I figured it out and for breakfast I would eat about 6 pts, lunch about 5 pts, snacks about 6 pts which is a tota of 17 pts of WonderSlim. I am on 26 points. So I could use the remaining 9 points for the lean and green meal.

What do you all think?

Marg.

I'm sorry to hear you've been feeling bad Marg. :getwell:

I am always in favor of listening to your doctor. I think WW with WonderSlim is an awesome idea. I love that WW is flexible enough to use with other programs.

Let us know how your new plan works for you.

mollymai
05-07-2010, 09:51 PM
Hi everyone.

What do you all think?

Marg.

I agree with LizR. I also thought about WW and WS myself to see the results. It would work out for you. Also get well and listen to your DR.ecause sometimes we do need to eat more to lose (healthy foods of course lol).

Waterwoman64
05-07-2010, 10:19 PM
Thanks for the welcomes and kind words......Yes, jyoyo - and we even had some sun today yea! Looks like, justlinda, annieann, you and I are all starting out about the same spot. Will be fun to see how we all make out. I will be weighing in on Mondays.......and have a Dr. appt. on Mon. so will have a real scale on that day. One of the other Dr.s in the clinic is doing an Optifast program........but it costs $3300. and no insurance coverage. Insurance will pay for bariatric surgery, but no other weight loss stuff. Nuts. Anyway, in researching all the Optifast, medifast, etc. is how I found Wonderslim.....it turned out to be a pretty good mistake. I like most of the stuff and am looking forward to reordering my favorites.......and hoping to be down 20 lbs at the end of the 1st month.....don't know if that is realistic or not......

jyoyo78
05-08-2010, 12:10 AM
Waterwoman, that's how I found Wonderslim too...by looking up Medifast info. I didn't realize Optifast was so expensive!! Dang!! Also...so dumb that insurance companies will cover surgery and not other options....seems a little backwards. Ugh..I want my product already!! lol

LizR
05-08-2010, 09:01 AM
I weighed 141.6 again this morning. I've decided that if my body like to weigh 141.6 so much then that is a good maintenance weight. I will stop fighting over the last 5lbs. I don't think I would feel well if I lowered my calories and I just don't want to increase my exercise. In the past when I tried to lose weight I would always give up because I didn't like to do a ton of exercise so this time I decided to keep it manageable and I am going to stick with that decision.

My maintenance plan is to stay with WS but add some calories to the day. I love WS and will probably stay with their products for a long, long time. I am going to add 100 calories to my daily plan and weigh again next week then reevaluate. I'll keep going like that until I find a plan that works for maintenance.

jyoyo78
05-08-2010, 11:43 AM
LizR, 141.6 ain't nothin' to snivel at when you came from 213! That is SO awesome! Also, I'm glad to hear that you like WS products so much you'll continue to use them. Just makes me feel better about my decision to order them. Weigh to go Liz!!!

Waterwoman64
05-08-2010, 12:00 PM
Jyoyo........is your name from yoyoing? that could have been mine for that reason! When did you order your WS? Maybe it will just show up today on your doorstep. hope you were able to pick and choose.......I will be happy to get to do that next time, but guess we have to try some things to know if we like them or not. I have definetely found my favorites.
Sure quiet here today.......everyone must be out shopping for mom's day...hope you all have a good one.

justlinda
05-08-2010, 09:19 PM
Thanks for the welcomes. I have been looking over the choices and I think I've figured out the substitutions I want to make to the starter pack. I plan on ordering the 4 week pack to start with.

One ? I have, though... I was looking at some low carb, high protein shake mixes in bulk jars. They were whey protein and have 21g protein and I believe 4g carbs and 140 cals. Would it be ok to substitute these for some of the WS shakes? I believe they were Body Fortress brand or something like that and I saw them at WalMart.

I should find out Monday when my colonoscopy is scheduled. If it is in the next few days, then I won't start WS until after that. If it can't be scheduled for a while, then I will go ahead and start WS as soon as I get the materials in. It shouldn't take very long to get my shipment since I live in Ky.

Have a great evening and a happy mother's day tomorrow to all you mothers out there!

MargieMacD
05-08-2010, 10:48 PM
Thanks for the support guys. I will let you know how it goes. I figure WW will keep me in control of the calories and WS will control the portions. lol

Take care everyone and have a great Mother's Day.

jyoyo78
05-08-2010, 11:58 PM
Jyoyo........is your name from yoyoing? that could have been mine for that reason! When did you order your WS? Maybe it will just show up today on your doorstep. hope you were able to pick and choose.......I will be happy to get to do that next time, but guess we have to try some things to know if we like them or not. I have definetely found my favorites.
Sure quiet here today.......everyone must be out shopping for mom's day...hope you all have a good one.

You got it Waterwoman...from yoyo'ing...lol Actually a play on my name as well...so it worked ;)

I ordered mine on Monday, I guess FedEx doesn't deliver on Mondays, so it it supposed to be here on Tuesday. I didn't special order anything, mostly because I want to try everything...make sure of what I like and what I don't like. Can't wait for Tuesday!

jyoyo78
05-09-2010, 12:00 AM
I got Grilled Dijon Chicken & Portobellos. Substituted the potatoes for extra veggies. It was really good. That dijon mustard is strong though.

You're right...really good! I even had the under 100 cal skinny margarita :o) Yum, yum!

mollymai
05-09-2010, 12:35 AM
Happy Mother's Day everyone.

LizR
05-09-2010, 01:47 PM
Happy Mother's Day to all you Wonder-Moms.

ryzmom
05-09-2010, 03:47 PM
I have lost 28 lbs; 1st part on medifast, last 15 on WS.

I am leaving on a cruise 2 wks from today. I have been a faithful exerciser and love seeing the changes in my body. My question is ~ do you think it would be OK to speed thing up a bit and just use the WS products with no L&G? I wouldn't think to do this if I wasn't leaving for a cruise! I can ease up on the exercise.

any help or advice is welcome!
disregard my stats......way out of date! sorry :o

mollymai
05-09-2010, 04:09 PM
I have lost 28 lbs; 1st part on medifast, last 15 on WS.

I am leaving on a cruise 2 wks from today. I have been a faithful exerciser and love seeing the changes in my body. My question is ~ do you think it would be OK to speed thing up a bit and just use the WS products with no L&G? I wouldn't think to do this if I wasn't leaving for a cruise! I can ease up on the exercise.

any help or advice is welcome!
disregard my stats......way out of date! sorry :o

I copied this from New Lifestyle diet. This is how they recommend you do it. Their foods are the same as WS foods so it would be okay.

Can I do the diet with shakes only (full fast)?

Yes, you can absolutely follow the program as a full fast, but if you are doing this, please replace the healthy meal with an additional 2 shakes, puddings, hot soups, or drinks each day. As a result, you should be having at least 9 shakes each day.

If Iím doing the diet as a full fast, how many shakes can I have?

As part of the full fast, you should be having at least 9 shakes, puddings, hot drinks, or soups each day.

LizR
05-09-2010, 06:34 PM
ryzmom - First of all, congrats on the 28lbs. :yay:

Here is what Wonderslim says about doing only shakes.

Can I Do All Liquids?

First, consult your Doctor. They will determine if you are medically qualified to begin a full fast or full liquid diet. They will also monitor any and all relevant medical conditions ongoing. WonderSlim has products that will satisfy both your nutritional needs and taste buds on any diet.

Important Note: If you opt to do a 100% liquid diet, or if you go on a very low calorie (VLC) diet (fewer than 1000 calories per day), you should be supervised and monitored by a physician.

Looks like the answer is if you doctor says its OK.

Have a great time on your vacation and give us a report after!

LizR
05-09-2010, 08:12 PM
I copied this from New Lifestyle diet. This is how they recommend you do it. Their foods are the same as WS foods so it would be okay.

Can I do the diet with shakes only (full fast)?

Yes, you can absolutely follow the program as a full fast, but if you are doing this, please replace the healthy meal with an additional 2 shakes, puddings, hot soups, or drinks each day. As a result, you should be having at least 9 shakes each day.

If Iím doing the diet as a full fast, how many shakes can I have?

As part of the full fast, you should be having at least 9 shakes, puddings, hot drinks, or soups each day.

Mollimai - I answered ryzmom before I noticed your answer. I like your answer better! I think 9 shakes/meals would keep you very full and be really low calorie.

harvester
05-09-2010, 09:00 PM
Just got back from my weekend in Dallas. I weigh in tomorrow. I'm hoping I at least stay the same as last week-no gain or loss. I didn't go too far overboard and I did workout on the elliptical machine this morning.

Kristikins
05-09-2010, 10:00 PM
Harvester - good luck tomorrow on your weigh in!! Hope you had a wonderful time in Dallas (my DH is from there)...

justlinda - I'm just a rocks throw from you..I'm in TN!!

ryzmom - keep us posted on your progress and ENJOY your cruise!!

Happy Mothers Day ladies..hope you enjoyed it! I had a blast!! Yesterday we celebrated my s-i-l's college graduation by eating at Longhorn, I enjoyed a sweet potato and a caesar salad (service sucked so I didn't send the salad back when it came drenched in dressing, so I looked up the calories when I got home - would you believe 310 cals for a SALAD - UGH), oh well, lesson learned! Then today my b-i-l, dad and DH cooked for us ladies, I enjoyed tiny portions of briskett, salad, baked beans and instead of having a piece of the strawberry pie, Mom brought me a handful of strawberries that I enjoyed with SF choc pudding and light cool whip...so I'm counting this weekend as a total success!! TOOT TOOT!!!

Yall have a groovy Monday!

justlinda
05-09-2010, 10:22 PM
justlinda - I'm just a rocks throw from you..I'm in TN!!

What part of TN?...I hope not where it flooded! I'm in central KY.

jyoyo78
05-09-2010, 10:50 PM
Weigh to go on the meal choices Kristi! Strawberries with the pudding and lite whip cream sounds pretty darn good actually! :o) Glad to hear that your family members are "prepared" for you...lol Mine usually just look at me funny, like...umm....what...you're not gonna eat potato chips and dip?? What's wrong with you? lol Oh well...I'm the one with the weight issue, not them...dang it! lol

Happy mother's day to all of you momma's out there! I went totally overboard on the eating today...but whatever, if I don't splurge every now and then I will NEVER be able to lose weight. I still can't wait to get started on Tuesday!! :o)

Kristikins
05-10-2010, 11:32 AM
Justlinda - I'm in Middle TN - pretty much smack in the middle of Nashville and Chattanooga, so we had heavy rains, but not flooding - thank goodness!!

jyoyo78 - One thing i hear my Mom say alot is "Kristi can't have that"...UGH...drives me nuts...I CAN HAVE anything I want - but I don't NEED to have some things...she is very supportive of all my wl efforts over the years though...we started Weight Watchers together about 12 years ago - she got to her goal, but not me (of course she only had about 30 pounds to loose and I had about 100 at that time, now it's more like 120)...anyway - my whole family is little bitty - my sister is probably 120 lbs, Dad and Mom are probably around 145-155, my neice is a size 0 (isn't that a non-size??)...my wonderful hubby is 135 and my sweet son (17 yrs old) is 108...I'm surrounded by bean poles..UGH...one day I'll be there...right???!!!

Yall have a good day - and make good choices!!

justlinda
05-10-2010, 11:43 AM
I just ordered my 4 week starter kit and customized it a whole bunch. Now the wait begins for it to get here! They did go head and email me the starter info so I can be planning ahead.

My colonoscopy is next Thurs so I'm planning to go ahead and start this the day after it arrives.

LizR
05-10-2010, 12:23 PM
harvester - Hope you had a great time in big D. My dh's entire family lives there and I visit all the time. Sounds like you hung in there eating wise despite being on vacation!

Kristikins - congrats on your successful weekend. It is so hard to go out to eat and get anything low cal!

jyoyo - Just one more day until you start! :dance: I noticed that you've already lost a good amount of weight. :yay:

justlinda - Good luck with your colonoscopy. No fun but at least you have starting WS to look forward too.

Good luck to everyone this week. :dust:

LizR
05-10-2010, 12:53 PM
I was down 1lb today to 140.6. This is the day after I had finally given up and decided I would NEVER weigh less than 141.6. :dizzy:

jyoyo78
05-10-2010, 02:35 PM
I was down 1lb today to 140.6. This is the day after I had finally given up and decided I would NEVER weigh less than 141.6. :dizzy:

Zowie!!!! That is awesome Liz!!! :carrot:

Kristikins
05-10-2010, 02:57 PM

:p uh huh....see what persistence will do!!! WAY TO GO!!! Sooooo glad you made it!!! WOOT WOOT!!! CONGRATS!!

annieann77
05-10-2010, 03:26 PM
I'm still waiting for my 2nd order, it feels like it is taking forever! Guess I should have ordered sooner, I am almost completely out of food!! So I went ahead and ordered my 3rd shipment right away just so that I wouldn't be in this situation again and almost fell over when Diet Direct said my shipping was going to be $62!!! :( Wish I could have got more orders when it was free shipping to Canada!! If shipping prices keep going up I might not be able to continue!?

jyoyo78
05-10-2010, 04:48 PM
oh my word!!! That is a LOT for shipping!! You need a friend that lives across the border from you that you can have it shipped to them, then go pick it up!! lol Actually...I have no idea how close Edmonton is to the border, so maybe that wouldn't work anyway! :o)

annieann77
05-10-2010, 05:16 PM
oh my word!!! That is a LOT for shipping!! You need a friend that lives across the border from you that you can have it shipped to them, then go pick it up!! lol Actually...I have no idea how close Edmonton is to the border, so maybe that wouldn't work anyway! :o)

That would be a great idea, however I don't know anyone in the states. Edmonton is about 10hrs from the border, I just find it hard to believe that powder meals can weigh that much.:?:

jeanelld
05-10-2010, 05:17 PM
Congrats Lizr on the pound :). I have read that many dieters can loose more when they up their calories a little.

I just had my first Caramel Butter Pecan Bar...good lord are they tasty.

And....I finally got my ticker...Yeah :).

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/heartbar/slider-hearts/lb/240/140/234.5/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

harvester
05-10-2010, 05:36 PM
Only lost .8 lbs this week. I'm not too upset since I did go off plan this weekend. At least I didn't gain!
I'm hoping for a better loss this week.

Finally got my ticker to work!

justlinda
05-10-2010, 06:44 PM
Just got the notice that my order has been shippped! :carrot:

LizR
05-11-2010, 10:10 AM
WOOT to all the newbies that are just about to get started. :carrot:

Yesterday I tried the full WS meal plan posted by mollimai. It is 9 WS meal items with no additions although I had green beans with my sons during dinner. I LOVED it. It was less than 1100 calories and I was not hungry. :D I can't believe how much more filling WS is than other food.

amy1974
05-11-2010, 10:40 AM

Yesterday I tried the full WS meal plan posted by mollimai. It is 9 WS meal items with no additions although I had green beans with my sons during dinner. I LOVED it. It was less than 1100 calories and I was not hungry. :D I can't believe how much more filling WS is than other food.

It is amazing isn't it? I'm on day 20-and I'm seldom hungry (only hungry when I've went to long without a shake) I did one day of shakes only and I'm going to try to periodically do a full fast. It makes me realize how much non filling junk I've eaten.

Amy

Kristikins
05-11-2010, 12:33 PM
Hey all! Congrats on the losses...annieann hope you get your goodies soon..I wouldn't think powedered food would be that expensive to ship either, but I do know from my crafting swaps postage can get rediculous when sending over the border...hang in there!

Happy Tuesday everyone!

jyoyo78
05-11-2010, 03:19 PM
:DThat would be a great idea, however I don't know anyone in the states. Edmonton is about 10hrs from the border, I just find it hard to believe that powder meals can weigh that much.:?:

Ugh...it must be customs and the prices they have to pay for that. Just for giggles, next time you get a package, see how much the label says it weighs, then find out for yourself how much it really costs...lol I'm weird and curious all the time, so that is something I would do :D

jyoyo78
05-11-2010, 03:27 PM
Wow, lots of newbies! Me included :) So exciting!! Glad to see everyone is getting their tickers too...they make it more fun somehow.

I like the idea of the full liquid diet to sort of change things up a bit. I might have to try that every now and again. I've read different articles about keeping your body guessing, as far as calorie intake and such. Meaning, try to switch things up and have high and low calorie days through out the week. Similar to interval training in your workouts....doing short bursts of hight intensity stuff...the longer periods of medium and light intensity. When I was following Weight Watchers a while back, I heard about the Wendie Plan...which is the same concept. You have the same amount of points alloted throughout the week that WW would allow, but you divide them differently so that you're having high point days and low point days. That was helpful for me while I was on WW. But...I hate counting points...so here I am!!! :D

I should be getting my package TODAY!!!! Can't wait to get home and get started!!! Woot Woot!!

amy1974
05-11-2010, 04:41 PM
. That was helpful for me while I was on WW. But...I hate counting points...so here I am!!! :D

That's why I started the liquid diet-I hated counting points, calories etc. I hated having to think about food-what can I have, how much, when am I eating again. I would find myself slipping to easily on those plans. I sabatoge myself thinking "one little bite won't hurt." or just making poor choices with my allotted points/calories.

Now I know every two hours I'll have a shake-my biggest choice is will it be chocolate or strawberry :) After the first couple of days my cravings went away. My family can eat whatever they want and it's not bothering me-my husband can watch the food network with me in the room:D

I know when I get closer to maintainance I will have to think about all of that but for know I'm just going to lose the weight and work on the transition part when I get there.

Amy

Kristikins
05-11-2010, 05:05 PM
Amy - you are SOOOO right about using all your points for junky food...that's what I always did on WW - heck yes I can eat 30 points before lunch..show me the Lucky Charms, Cocoa Puffs, Froot Loops and a spoon!!

I'm counting calories, as well as doing a dr. supervised shake/bar diet. I'm doing pretty good at keeping my measly 550 calories in the "healthy" zone though; I could seriously tear up a box of cereal or a box of Little debbies...but I think I'd have to throw up afterward...I'm on a good roll so far!!

thinivy
05-11-2010, 05:05 PM
HI Ladies- I started yesterday. Are most of you on the 1000 or 1200 plan? Also can you tell me how much you have lost and the timeframe that you did it in? Go us!!!!

LizR
05-11-2010, 05:31 PM
HI Ladies- I started yesterday. Are most of you on the 1000 or 1200 plan? Also can you tell me how much you have lost and the timeframe that you did it in? Go us!!!!

Welcome thinivy. :welcome3:

I just past my 5 month anniversary of starting WS. I've lose 72lbs in that time. I did the 1000 calorie diet for the first 4 weeks then moved to the 1200 calorie diet. Just this week I started a new plan which has 9 WS products a day and no extra food. It runs about 1100 calories a day.

thinivy
05-11-2010, 07:14 PM
Wow. That is so impressive. I am trying to figure out what to do for weekends and special occasions. I am planning on staying on it without going off, but hope I can do it!!!!

thinivy
05-11-2010, 07:17 PM
How come you are doing only 550 calories? Did I misread this or need new contacts?

harvester
05-11-2010, 07:44 PM
I've been looking at doing all liquids some days also. Today I did 4 shakes, 1 bar, and a grilled chicken breast sandwich on thin bread (40 cal/slice).
I estimate my total calories for today to be around 800 calories so far. I'm not really hungry, but if I get hungry, I may have another shake.
I'm trying to counteract the damage I did over the weekend.

harvester
05-11-2010, 07:47 PM

I'm on the 1200 cal plan. I've been on WS for 3 weeks and have lost 8 lbs. I'm hoping this week is a better week since I did go off plan over the weekend.

I have a retirement dinner on Friday. Not sure how I'm going to handle that as it is a bbq dinner. I'll probably stick with bbq chicken and whatever vegetable they have.

Waterwoman64
05-11-2010, 10:04 PM
Congrats. to everyone this week that lost weight!! I lost a scant 2 lbs. but was happy for it as my cheats this week were Sizzlers on Moms day and sunflower seed snacks. Dr. yesterday was concerned when I told him about diet, but seemed ok with it after I explained it was close to what other Dr. in clinic is doing with liquid Optifast plan. He is mainly concerned with pills and such as phenphen that damage heart and valves. Dinner tonite was italian turkey sausage fried up with onion and put on a wheat flour tortilla with pasta sauce on it and topped with red peppers and mozzerella and broiled. YUM!

mollymai
05-11-2010, 10:33 PM

That's good to hear that you were not hungry at all. How did you space your meals?

MargieMacD
05-11-2010, 10:59 PM
Hi everyone.

In my last post I mentioned that my losses were slowing down. I increased my calories to between 1500 to 1700 calories. I lost 3.4 lbs this week. I have been following Weight Watchers and counting my points along with the Wonderslim program.

For exercise I have been walking and it seems to he working.

Take care everyone.

Marg.

jyoyo78
05-12-2010, 12:49 AM
Weigh to go on the loss Margie!

Amy, I'm so glad I'm not the only one who can NOT stand counting stuff!! I have a hard time keeping track of what I eat, and then they want me counting everything! Ugh..I don't have time for that shizzle! How long have you been on the liquid diet plan? Are you doing the WS diet?

Hi Thinivy and welcome!! I plan on doing the 1200 calorie plan (I just got my package today!!) Looks like they recommend that for people who want to lose more than 30 lbs or who have a moderate to heavy workout style. Since I qualify for both of those, I chose the 1200. I figure I can change it up later if I find it's not doing the trick for me.

Waterwoman...2 lbs gone is 2 lbs gone! So keep it up!!

Can't wait to get the show on the road with this WS stuff! Woot woot! My weigh in days are on Fridays...so lets see what I can lose in two days...lol I'll let my main focus be next Friday :D Wish me luck!!

LizR
05-12-2010, 07:51 AM
That's good to hear that you were not hungry at all. How did you space your meals?

I spaced them every two hours through the whole day. Works for me because I am a SAHM. I am a little worried about the lack of fiber in the diet. I think I will buy some bulk fiber and start adding it to the shakes.

LizR
05-12-2010, 07:52 AM
Hi everyone.

In my last post I mentioned that my losses were slowing down. I increased my calories to between 1500 to 1700 calories. I lost 3.4 lbs this week. I have been following Weight Watchers and counting my points along with the Wonderslim program.

For exercise I have been walking and it seems to he working.

Take care everyone.

Marg.

WOOT. I am dancing for you Marg. :dance:

Do you feel better now?

Kristikins
05-12-2010, 10:02 AM
How come you are doing only 550 calories? Did I misread this or need new contacts?

Hi thinivy - and welcome to our group!!! You don't need new contacts ;) I am doing a plan sort of like WS - but it is dr supervised - I have 2 shakes and a bar a day (which are about 480 calories accumulatively) and a 550 cal meal on my own (like a lean and green meal)...when talking about my food, I never count or consider the shakes/bar cause those are a given - so my focus is on the 550 cals - so I make good choices and not the box of Fruity Pebbles in my pantry! Once my 12 weeks are up with the doc - I will be entering the WS world! I rec'd my Diet Direct catty, so I can browse thru it in the meantime!

Congrats on the losses marg and waterwoman....LizR - amazing!!! You are an inspiration to us all!

My weigh day is Friday...hope I've done well...feels like I have!

It's hump day...enjoy!

amy1974
05-12-2010, 10:58 AM
Amy, I'm so glad I'm not the only one who can NOT stand counting stuff!! I have a hard time keeping track of what I eat, and then they want me counting everything! Ugh..I don't have time for that shizzle! How long have you been on the liquid diet plan? Are you doing the WS diet?

I started this year weighing 237- which is the most I've every weighed not pregnant and getting very close to what I did weigh with my last child. I tried to lose weight on my own thing and lost 5lbs in 4 months :?: I found the Newlifestyle diet plan (which is the same as Wonderslim) and I've been on it for three weeks and lost about 12 lbs. I'm placing an order with Wonderslim on Friday-it's a little cheaper and more choices then Newlifestyle.

hope everyone has a great week!!

jyoyo78
05-12-2010, 11:45 AM
[QUOTE=amy1974;3288049]I started this year weighing 237- which is the most I've every weighed not pregnant and getting very close to what I did weigh with my last child. I tried to lose weight on my own thing and lost 5lbs in 4 months QUOTE]

I feel your pain lady! I was 120 before I got pregnant (way too skinny...sure miss that high metabolism now though). Nine months pregnant was 198! Post pregnancy was able to get down to about 145 when son was about 5 yrs old. Then have pretty much been packin' it back on ever since.

When I started South Beach on Jan. 1, I weighed in at 214...which is the most I've ever weighed...that's 16 lbs heavier than when I was 9 months pregnant!! Dang!! So humilitating!

I sure hope I can drop 12 lbs in 3 weeks...that would be fantastic!!

Keep up the good work Amy!!

thinivy
05-12-2010, 06:12 PM
Me too! 12 pounds in three weeks is amazing!!!!

justlinda
05-12-2010, 07:21 PM
Got my shipment today.. Woo Hoo! Will start tomorrow morning!

jyoyo78
05-13-2010, 12:03 AM
Just finished my fiirst day of WS! Feeling pretty good. Did notice myself feeling tired a little, not sure if its the change in diet, or the fact that I didn't get a lot of sleep last night...or a combo of both!

Tried the recipe that came with my info packet for the vanilla coffee smoothie thing...quite delish! But, instead of using the vanilla and coconut extract, I used SF vanilla and coconut syrups (no cals). Mighty tasty, can't wait to try some more of their "recipes" :)

Had the PB crunchbar...OMG!! Seriously, are they sure that's a diet bar??! Those could be very dangerous, I'll have to watch it!

The veggie omelet was just ok for me, prob won't order again. Will do like someone else said and just use the egg beater eggs...just as much protein and less calories :o)

Tex Mex reminded me of taco soup, it was pretty good. Having Chocomint pudding now...not a mint fan, so probably won't order that again either, but it's okay. I'm sure if you like mint you'll like it :o) I stirred in a little bit of Cool Whip Free...to help lessen the minti'ness...2 TBSP of that stuff is only 15 cals...so not too bad.

My Lean and Green tonight was steamed veggies with cheese sauce, the frozen kind in a bag. Probably should have just gone with steamed veggies, but hey...I gotta get some stuff outta the house..lol Also, 6 oz of Shrimp...yum!

What do some of you eat for your Lean & Green meals?

LizR
05-13-2010, 06:28 AM
jyoyo - Glad your first day went well! :dance:

I love the PB crunch bar too. My favorite lean and green meal is spaghetti squash with vegetarian marinara topped with soy crumbles and ff cheese. I also like spinach salad with shrimp or chicken breast and tilapia with steamed veggies. This has a little carbs but I love to have a boca burger on a low cal slice of bread topped with ff cheese and a side of roasted broccoli with ketchup (burger and fries :D).

mollymai
05-13-2010, 09:08 AM
1.8 loss. I have finally reached my first goal. Passed it by .9 lbs :D:carrot:

LizR
05-13-2010, 09:57 AM
1.8 loss. I have finally reached my first goal. Passed it by .9 lbs :D:carrot:

WOOT. WOOT. That is awesome. :yay:

jyoyo78
05-13-2010, 10:14 AM
Awesome MollyMai!!! Congrats!! Love meeting those goals!!

Thanks for the ideas Liz. I always forget about spaghetti squash. I should just write out a quick menu of things I already have in the house...duh...brilliant! :)

Day 2...have myself a vanilla blueberry shake...yum yum.

Do any of you use little blender things? I have the Magic Bullet one, but it really stinks at blending ice cubes...bleh! Maybe I need to buy a bag of ice cubes from the store, at lest they'll be smaller...maybe easier to blend...hhhmmmm

amy1974
05-13-2010, 11:40 AM
Great job Mollymai!!

Jyoyo-I like blending a packet of the chocolate shake with 8oz of cold coffee and about four icecubes--yummy frozen coffee. The recipe I found said to add some splenda and vanilla, but I think it is great without it. I use my magic bullet-I have to use the blades that kindof stick up-if I grab the flat ones it doesn't chop up the ice. I could just drink this all day :D

amy1974
05-13-2010, 11:44 AM
oh I have to add today is my sweet husbands birthday-even on his special day he is so nice about not going hog wild with eating stuff to help me out. He wanted Cheese cake for his b-day--so I'll be eating my cheesecake pudding with the family :D I'm making Italian Beef and Asparagus for dinner-admittedly Italian beef won't be the absolute healthiest thing to eat I will enjoy a small amount (no bun/bread) and lots of veggies!

mollymai
05-13-2010, 11:53 AM
Thank you. I am happy I finally met my goal. I use my little blender sometime to blend my shake, but I love my shaker bottle I bought from GNC.

annieann77
05-13-2010, 01:40 PM
I FINALLY got my order yesterday! :) And today was weigh in day, so after being off plan for a week (cause I ran out of food) I had a 1lb gain! :( But I'm back on plan now, already ordered my next order so I don't go through this again and I'm looking forward to trying some new foods!

Last night I tried the Caramel pudding, it was good. And I brought a Cran-grape drink to have with lunch today. :) I'm glad to be back on plan and can't wait to start seeing the weight fall off again!! ;)

jyoyo78
05-13-2010, 01:57 PM
okay....dumb question....how do you make your coffee cold? Just brew it, then refrigerate it for later use?

I use the same blade Amy, but it still takes forever for it to crush up those ice cubes...thinking I need smaller ice cubes...lol

I'll definitely be trying that version of a frozen coffee though! Yum!

jyoyo78
05-13-2010, 02:02 PM
another dumb question....how do you become a "senior member" I notice below some peoples username it says different things....what's that all about?

amy1974
05-13-2010, 05:00 PM
annieann--glad you finally got your shipment. That 1lb plus more will be gone quickly!

jyoyo-I make a pot of coffee and keep it in the fridge. If I'm in a hurry I make a strong cup and then add ice to cool it quickly. I keep thinking I should just get instant to mix up and it would be easier to cool.

Cherry in STL
05-13-2010, 05:04 PM
I often make a giant salad with a combination of spring mix and romaine lettuces. I add a grilled chicken breast, cut up, a few grapes, green onion, a few sliced black olives, peas (thawed from bag in freezer or fresh snow peas) and if I think I can afford the calories, a little bit of shelled sunflower seeds for extra crunch. I dress with fat free italian salad dressing.

Last night I had a big grilled tuna steak, a steamed artichoke, and steamed broccoli.

Cherry in STL
05-13-2010, 05:10 PM
Awesome MollyMai!!! Congrats!! Love meeting those goals!!

Thanks for the ideas Liz. I always forget about spaghetti squash. I should just write out a quick menu of things I already have in the house...duh...brilliant! :)

Day 2...have myself a vanilla blueberry shake...yum yum.

Do any of you use little blender things? I have the Magic Bullet one, but it really stinks at blending ice cubes...bleh! Maybe I need to buy a bag of ice cubes from the store, at lest they'll be smaller...maybe easier to blend...hhhmmmm

I have a Hamilton Beach personal size blender bought at Wal-Mart for about $15. It does fine to break up the ice. I add the ice, then liquid and pulse until about halfway there chunk-wise. Then I add my packet and pulse a few more times to get the powder distributed. After that I run it for a few seconds to get it really smooth, push the sippable spout thing open, stick my straw in and done! No need to pour into a glass. After I finish, I rinse the blender cup out with hot water and it's ready for the next shake.

I do use store bought ice that looks like short fat cylinders with a hole through the middle. Just FYI.

jyoyo78
05-13-2010, 05:16 PM
I do use store bought ice that looks like short fat cylinders with a hole through the middle. Just FYI.

Yeah, I'm thinking the huge ice chunks are my problem...I'll have to get a bag of ice and try that. Thanks!!

amy1974
05-14-2010, 09:25 AM
Good morning everyone-hope you all have a wonderful Friday!

Amy

justlinda
05-14-2010, 09:39 AM
Good morning all! I started on the program yesterday. Recorded my starting weight and measurements and made it through the day. I admit I did get hungry in the afternoon but I survived. And everything I had yesterday tasted gooood. :carrot: I'm sure it will get easier after a few days and I WILL succeed!

annieann77
05-14-2010, 10:12 AM
Just wanted to let everyone know that I tried the Cheesecake last night and I really liked it!! It was light and fluffy, probably would have tasted beter with cherry pie filling on it but I don't think that is diet friendly!? ;) Today for lunch I am trying the Cheese Steak Macaroni - I'll let you know how that goes!? lol

LizR
05-14-2010, 10:58 AM
Good morning Amy. TGIF :D

justlinda - Congrats on getting started. I gets a LOT easier. On medifast they say your can have an extra shake the first 3 weeks if you get too hungry.

annieann - I take a small amount of frozen fruit and cover with sugar free syrup then microwave for 40sec. A great low cal topping. I also use sugar free chocolate syrup. It is very low cal.

jyoyo78
05-14-2010, 11:16 AM
Morning Amy!!! Ditto on what LizR said....TGIF!!!!

JustLinda - I just started on Wednesday...wanna race to the finish line? lol Kidding...I agree...first day I felt hungry too...but I figured my body will need to get used to having less food. Plus, the first day I was nervous about going over calories that I ended up being 300 under! Then yesterday I was 300 over sheesh!! But, I figure it all evens out in the end :D

Annie...I'll have to try the cheesecake...I'm already putting together another order and I still have two weeks left of food...lol But, I already figured out some things I def. won't be getting again :)

Down .6 lbs this morning from last friday. I weighed 195.4 last Friday, on Wednesday morning when I weighed myself b4 starting WS I weighed 197.8...not two days later I'm at 194.8. Since I only count my Friday weigh in's I'm claiming .6 lbs lost....but if you count since starting WS then it's 3 lbs in two days...is that even possible? lol

Have a fabulous day everyone!!

jeanelld
05-14-2010, 03:39 PM
Happy Friday everyone. Congrats to all of the loosers and welcome to the newbies.

I am down 1.5 lbs this week, which is not so bad since I have not been 100% on WS. I really need to refocus.

I just picked up the book "Women, Food, and God". Anybody else reading this?

Have a great weekend everyone :).

thinivy
05-14-2010, 03:40 PM
I have been on since Monday and am a little confused. Do the protein meal replacements count as one of the 5 shakes? So I eat 4 shakes/pudding/smoothies and packaged powder meal replacement and the one lean and green? I also get one starch and one fruit and on optional on top of that. Does that sound correct?

annieann77
05-14-2010, 03:46 PM
annieann - I take a small amount of frozen fruit and cover with sugar free syrup then microwave for 40sec. A great low cal topping. I also use sugar free chocolate syrup. It is very low cal.

Wow - that sounds like a brilliant idea! YUM!! ;)

annieann77
05-14-2010, 03:51 PM
I have been on since Monday and am a little confused. Do the protein meal replacements count as one of the 5 shakes? So I eat 4 shakes/pudding/smoothies and packaged powder meal replacement and the one lean and green? I also get one starch and one fruit and on optional on top of that. Does that sound correct?

I think its easier to look at the calories and protein on the packages to keep track. So I have 4 packages that are 15g protein (usually its the puddings/shakes/yogurt) I also have one bar a day and one 12g protein snack after supper. I have 2 fruit/day and my L&G for supper. Usually though I really don't feel hungry enough for the second fruit and I think the bars are really high in carbs and cals but they are so delish!! :P As long as I keep loosing weight I will continue with this plan, otherwise I will stop with the extras. Hope that helped?

Waterwoman64
05-14-2010, 04:08 PM
Hi everyone, am back on with questions...........what does it take to get the cool tickers that a bunch of people have? Really want one bad!! Congrats to everyone who has been sticking with it this week and continuing to lose. I really like the 5% short term goal ideas of mollymai......another great idea to try myself. I placed a new order on Tue. and requested the books, menus and instruction materials that I did not receive with first order. another question, what is the SF vanilla & coconut syrup and where do you get it? Am looking for ideas to perk up the vanilla shakes as am not crazy about them plain. I have added frozen berries and choc. baking powder and those have helped....did like the idea of the coconut syrup!

Waterwoman64
05-14-2010, 04:12 PM
Jeanelld - have not read the book. saw part of Oprah show the other day and will be curious to see what you think about it when you are done reading it. Totally believe that there is a bunch more to this weight thing that we all have than just finding a successful diet. Good for you for getting back on the ole program.......there is so much support here!

Kristikins
05-14-2010, 04:13 PM
Hi yall! Congrats to the loosers!! I have a hard time keeping up with who's who cause this is such a busy thread!! Anyway..I'm glad those of you who ordered, finally got your package...and that everyone is making good choices...

I weighed in today w/ my doc. I'm down another 6.5 pounds for the two weeks - giving me a 13 pound total loss for the month! YAY!! Also, BMI is down another point, so that's 3 of those total!! YAY again!!

Speaking of choices - yesterday I had a meeting for work at a nice hotel. You know how they feed you at those things...UGH for the dieter!! The salad was divine (did I just say that??!!), the main course was Chicken Cord'on Bleu, rice and asparagus. Any idea how many cals are in Cord'on Bleu - a TON I'm sure..and when we got in the dining room not only was our salads already on our nicely set table but each place had a giant hunk of tripple layer chocolate cake - KILL ME NOW PLEASE...luckily I anticipated that and brought along my 80 calorie weight watcher chocolate zinger cake. Then at the afternoon break (as if anyone could hold anything else) they set out this beautiful display of cookies the size of a saucer and brownies that were about 4X4 square...OMG...really...again, luckily I brought along my good ole trusty yogurt and had that, wearing a smile the whole time. One lady commented "wow you're so strong" - I said NOPE I'm determined (as Susan Powter use to say) to be lean strong and healthy! It wasn't easy no doubt, but after weighing in this morning, I thought..YEP, that's why I stick to my plan!

Oh and BTW - I have one of those Hamilton Beach single serving size blenders - It's great, I keep it at my office. And I have a Magic Bullet at home. Mine doesn't chop the ice very good either - I always end up with nickle sized ice chunks. Maybe I'll just not fill my ice tray all the way full so the cubes will be smaller...

Happy Friday!!

jyoyo78
05-14-2010, 04:19 PM
Hi everyone, am back on with questions...........what does it take to get the cool tickers that a bunch of people have? Really want one bad!! Congrats to everyone who has been sticking with it this week and continuing to lose. I really like the 5% short term goal ideas of mollymai......another great idea to try myself. I placed a new order on Tue. and requested the books, menus and instruction materials that I did not receive with first order. another question, what is the SF vanilla & coconut syrup and where do you get it? Am looking for ideas to perk up the vanilla shakes as am not crazy about them plain. I have added frozen berries and choc. baking powder and those have helped....did like the idea of the coconut syrup!

Tickers: someone correct me if I'm wrong. As long as you've been a member for 20 days and have at least 20 posts, then you "qualify" for a ticker. You go thru the "user CP" link at the top of the page...let me know if you need more help than that.

SF Syrups: I use either Torani or DaVinci Syrups. Not sure where you live, but around here they have them on the coffee/tea aisles. We have a local Cash & Carry that I go to and buy the big bottles, like what they use at espresso stands. If you can't find them in the stores...try buying one at your local espresso stand. Here in the NW they're on every corner! I love using the SF flavors....helps a lot with the flavor :)

jyoyo78
05-14-2010, 04:22 PM
[QUOTE=Kristikins;3291931]Maybe I'll just not fill my ice tray all the way full so the cubes will be smaller...

QUOTE]

DUH!! What a brilliant idea!!! ha ha ha...and I was going to BUY ice!! What a nut job! lol I will now be using less water in my trays... :dizzy:

Kristikins
05-14-2010, 08:36 PM
[QUOTE=Kristikins;3291931]Maybe I'll just not fill my ice tray all the way full so the cubes will be smaller...

QUOTE]

DUH!! What a brilliant idea!!! ha ha ha...and I was going to BUY ice!! What a nut job! lol I will now be using less water in my trays... :dizzy:

;) glad I could help! The only freezer we have is the one on top of our fridge - and it's barely big enough to hold our frozen foods let alone a bag of ice!!

I have some of those sf Da Vinci syrups..DUH on me for not adding them to my shakes!! I bet they have new flavors now too, since I bought mine a while back...I'll have to check out the website!! YUMMY!! Thanks for the tip!

Waterwoman64
05-14-2010, 09:32 PM
Thanx for the answers on the ticker and the syrup. Will be posting a bunch to get that ticker. Am full of questions and curiosity anyway. Kristikins - you have really kicked it this month! AND avoiding all of those banquet items - wow!

mollymai
05-14-2010, 09:56 PM

It helps me to try the 5% goals because they are short term and don't take long to reach. I am now in my way to 10% woo hoo.

jyoyo78
05-15-2010, 01:22 AM
umm....yeah....huge kudos to Kristikins on the banquet foods...sorry I didn't post that sooner! WTG!! I couldn't even pass on sushi today! I'm really bad. In my head I think...it's Friday, I already weighed in....it's okay to cheat a little....NOT!!! I need to have the strength that you have Kristi!! So way to go!! What an inspiration!

PS...I have all the word docs on the shake recipes and the starter kit info from WS if anyone wants them...just let me know and I'll email them to you. Otherwise you can e-mail them....they got back to me within about 4 hours with all the info.

Weigh to go on your 5% Molly....heading onto your 10%!! woot woot!! I'm currently at about 9.4% lost. I'm a dork and keep an excel spreadsheet going....with a graph...ugh...what a tech nerd!! lol

Keep on a postin' Waterwoman...you'll be at 20 posts in no time!! I couldn't wait to get my ticker either....then when I got it...I stalled....bleh!! Thank goodness for WS!! I'm moving down in the #'s now!

jyoyo78
05-15-2010, 01:24 AM
ps...@waterwoman....I just realized I was responding to your post earlier today....and you're in the Pacific NW....I KNOW you can get your hands on some SF syrups :o) Where are you anyway? I'm in WA.

Waterwoman64
05-15-2010, 02:14 PM
jyoyo, am on the So.Or. coast.......think this is still considered the Pacific Northwest?! Have been calling it that since we moved here anyway - ha...as it is northwest of were we came from and on the good ole Pacific :dizzy:
Anyway, am going to post a bunch and get that ticker!!!
Think that the Freddy Meyer Store here probably carries the syrup... will be checking in the next few days. That coconut really sounds yummy.
Also, thanks for the offers of menus, etc. Will see what they send in the box.
Have been using recipes from my biggest looser cookbook and the weight watchers cookbook and the Dr. Oz. book - oh, and the south beach diet book.
As you can see, have a wealth of info...........it is now just a matter of putting it all to work for me. And for me to put myself to work doing what needs to be done...

REGEE
05-15-2010, 06:23 PM
Hi All!! I've been M.I.A this past week.....................& I crashed & burned today!!!

Last Sunday's weight in was a bust...........No Loss & No Gain!!! I know, not that bad but...............so I've been ONLY having shakes & 1 bar + Dinner.
Well, this is the week before my cycle starts & it's been BAD!!! I had 3 pieces of Whitman's dark chocolates on 2 diff. days, then Friday night I took my mom out to eat chinese%-O I tried to stick to the veg. & meat but STILL!!
Then today..........I was CRAVING EVERY THANG!!!! I ate 2 HUGE spoons of rf peter pan pnut butter, a HUGE helping of snack mix (pretzels, cheetos, melba, etc)!!! I felt like eating the FRIDGE!!! I tried to curb the hunger & ate a chicken breast w/lite ranch dressing but that didn't help:-(

Tomorrow is my brothers' 50 birthday dinner & I'm already salivating just THINKING about the CAKE!!!! OMG!! Some body HELP ME..............

It's usu. not this bad, & it usu. passes a day or so before my cycle starts.
So, I guess I'll have to look forward to NEXT week!!

mollymai
05-15-2010, 06:35 PM
Hi All!! I've been M.I.A this past week.....................& I crashed & burned today!!!

Last Sunday's weight in was a bust...........No Loss & No Gain!!! I know, not that bad but...............so I've been ONLY having shakes & 1 bar + Dinner.
Well, this is the week before my cycle starts & it's been BAD!!! I had 3 pieces of Whitman's dark chocolates on 2 diff. days, then Friday night I took my mom out to eat chinese%-O I tried to stick to the veg. & meat but STILL!!
Then today..........I was CRAVING EVERY THANG!!!! I ate 2 HUGE spoons of rf peter pan pnut butter, a HUGE helping of snack mix (pretzels, cheetos, melba, etc)!!! I felt like eating the FRIDGE!!! I tried to curb the hunger & ate a chicken breast w/lite ranch dressing but that didn't help:-(

Tomorrow is my brothers' 50 birthday dinner & I'm already salivating just THINKING about the CAKE!!!! OMG!! Some body HELP ME..............

It's usu. not this bad, & it usu. passes a day or so before my cycle starts.
So, I guess I'll have to look forward to NEXT week!!

OMG ROFL. I had the same cravings last night. I had 1 slice of white bread, grape jelly and pb, then I turnrd around and went to the kitchen after I finished my pb & jelly sandwich to get another tablespoon of pb. Also had a few Doritos. I wanna blame it on the time of month. :D

mmzem
05-15-2010, 07:31 PM
Hi, everybody. Guess you can say I've been missing in action. Well, I have been so stressed out with sick family members and just life in general that I fell off of the WS wagon a little. I ate my WS foods during the day most of the time, but my evenings were totally off.

I regained the six pounds that I had lost but have since lost them again. Sooo, I'm gonna try and pick myself up and say in control mode.

I'm really happy that everybody has lost so much weight.

jyoyo78
05-15-2010, 08:23 PM
jyoyo, am on the So.Or. coast.......think this is still considered the Pacific Northwest?! Have been calling it that since we moved here anyway - ha...as it is northwest of were we came from and on the good ole Pacific :dizzy:
Anyway, am going to post a bunch and get that ticker!!!
Think that the Freddy Meyer Store here probably carries the syrup... will be checking in the next few days. That coconut really sounds yummy.
Also, thanks for the offers of menus, etc. Will see what they send in the box.
Have been using recipes from my biggest looser cookbook and the weight watchers cookbook and the Dr. Oz. book - oh, and the south beach diet book.
As you can see, have a wealth of info...........it is now just a matter of putting it all to work for me. And for me to put myself to work doing what needs to be done...

I def. consider OR as being in the PacNW :D

Fred Meyer def. has the SF syrup too, that's where I got some of mine...it's on the coffee aisle.

Too funny about the wealth of information you have...sounds like the same collection I have!! ha ha ha

jyoyo78
05-15-2010, 08:25 PM
So glad to see all you MIA'ers are back!! This is the place to be to get the support, especially when you've fallen of the wagon. I did that last night with my 5 glasses of wine! Umm....yeah....5 glasses!! Sheesh! At least I didn't start snacking like crazy like I usually do!

Anyhow...keep your heads up! Ya'll can do this! Mind over matter. Remember, nothing tastes as good as skinny feels :)

MargieMacD
05-16-2010, 07:14 PM
Hi everybody. Sorry I am late posting. Congrats to all the ones who have lost.

I wanted to let you all know that since my last posting where I said I wasn't feeling well and my doctor told me to increase my calories. I am happy to say that with the WonderSlim diet and using the Weight Watcher's points I have lost 3.5 lbs for last week. I have to weigh in on Tuesday so I hope this is an ongoing thing.

I am also feeling much better since increasing the calories. It must be working.

Take care and I will let you all know how the weigh in goes on Tuesday.

:carrot:

harvester
05-16-2010, 08:51 PM
I weigh in tomorrow morning. I had to get through a retirement dinner Friday night and breakfast at IHOP Sat. morning. I think I did pretty well at both. I may have over done it at dinner tonight. I'm blaming it on TOM getting close too! LOL

Kristikins
05-16-2010, 11:51 PM
Hey yall! Thanks for the nice words...I never thought of myself as an inspiration before...just muddling thru day by day..it's harder somedays - as yall know...I have the "eat everything that's not nailed down" time right before TOM too...but did ok with that with my shakes/bars this time...so fingers crossed that I continue to do good with that!!

I just ordered some more sf syrup flavors, shipping is outrageous - and I'm not in Canada!! But I guess the bottles are so heavy. Anyway, I have been adding the flavors I have now to my shakes YUM-O!! I've had choc raspberry, vanilla w/ Caramel, Kahlua w/ Choc and van shakes, and today I had rasp.w/ vanilla shake...I ordered Coconut, Lemon and Black Cherry...hopefully they'll get here soon. I tell ya, using those syrups have turned my shakes from ho-hum to YUMMY, can I have another!!

Congrats on your losses and good luck tomorrow Harvester!!

Anyone seen pradaboy lately?? Wonder how he did on his trip...

Oh...waterwoman, jyoyo - I have that same collection too!!

Finally bedtime...nighty night - Monday's just around the clock - UGH...

jyoyo78
05-17-2010, 12:24 AM
what syrups do you use Kristi?

mollymai
05-17-2010, 12:41 AM
My children had the nerves to make a RED VELVET CAKE ugh:mad:. I took a little piece and didn't look back.

Kristikins
05-17-2010, 10:11 AM
what syrups do you use Kristi?

The Sugar Free Torani or Da Vinci syrups - I think they're for coffee's, but you can add them to anything! Shakes and smooties, when I was on South Beach I'd mix it with Ricotta chz for a "flavored cheesecake"...I have Raspberry, Vanilla, Kahlua, and caramel; and just ordered Coconut, Lemon and black cherry! Just a little dab'll do ya and really makes a huge impact on the shakes!

Kristikins
05-17-2010, 10:14 AM
My children had the nerves to make a RED VELVET CAKE ugh:mad:. I took a little piece and didn't look back.

Those little dears :devil: but good for you! I'm sure it was hard for you to have a little piece (would have been for me anyway), but today is a new day, the cake was good and now you can move on!! YAY Molly!!!

jyoyo78
05-17-2010, 04:18 PM
The Sugar Free Torani or Da Vinci syrups - I think they're for coffee's, but you can add them to anything! Shakes and smooties, when I was on South Beach I'd mix it with Ricotta chz for a "flavored cheesecake"...I have Raspberry, Vanilla, Kahlua, and caramel; and just ordered Coconut, Lemon and black cherry! Just a little dab'll do ya and really makes a huge impact on the shakes!

Oh, ok....that's what I use too...love them! I was just curious because you were saying you had to pay for shipping, so I thought it was something else. Here in Washington State, you can buy those at the grocery store :D Woot, woot! Speaking of....I need to swing by the store tonight and grab some more...running low on a few flavors!

harvester
05-17-2010, 06:44 PM
Weighed in this morning. Lost 3 lbs this week! :carrot:
I was surprised since I did have some challenges with the retirement dinner and breakfast at IHOP Sat morn. I only ate baked chicken, corn on the cob, and watermelon Friday. Skipped the baked beans, potato salad, bread, ice cream and cake. Sat I had the IHOP for Me Spinach, Mushroom, and Tomato Omelet with fresh fruit. Got the cheese on the side and also some salsa.
I thought I'd eaten too much for Sun. dinner, but I guess since I didn't eat a lot during the day, I did ok.
This has helped me a lot with what I need to do once I reach goal.

harvester
05-17-2010, 06:49 PM
For those looking for the syrups, sometimes Ross, Marshall's, and TJ Maxx carry them for very reasonable prices.

Waterwoman64
05-17-2010, 10:34 PM
Mollymai, Harvester and all of you other big losers from this week - congrats!!
Am glad to see some of the mia's returning too, and have missed Pradaboy and some of the others postings as well.
Love it that we all seem to share the same cookbooks - ha! What a great group of people are on this forum........I always end up with a smile after reading it and know that we all share so much in our struggles day to day with this common issue.
I have been pretty much 'on program' and enthused over the last week, but when I stepped on the scale this a.m. it had not budged! Would have sworn last nite that I had lost lbs., as my clothes seem to be fitting looser and that fat on the upper tummy and sides is beginning to feel mooshier like it does when it is getting ready to vacate! Nuts! Will just 'keep on keepin on' for the rest of the week and see what happens.........may need to begin the exercise regimen sooner than planned.

mollymai
05-17-2010, 10:58 PM
Today was a weird day for me. I have been trying to figure out if I am going to do my own plan or do WS or NLSD meal plan directly to the T. I really don't want to incoporate any extras like starch or fruits if I don't have to and the NLSD does just that.
Well back to why today was a weird day, I just recently started taking a multivitamin which is one a day weight smart which has chromium 200 mcg, guarana blend: guarana seed (powder & extract) caffeine and green tea/cayenne blend 10 mg. I ate my usual food as I would on a normal day, my day starts at 5am and I am work until 4:15 pm (bus driver with split shift) I start my first meal at 6:15 am and 8:45 or 9am, 11am or 11:45, 2:30, 5:30 and around 7:30 last meal.
After taking the vitamin I notice when it start to kick in and it make me funny and I take it with my second meal. I don't think it agrees with my body for some reason. I also needed to eat more to feel better, so I am not sure if it's just the vitamin or I need to eat more. I don't recall feeling like this when taking Medifast.
It scared me, because I always get scared when something don't feel right when my body.
Any suggestions?

harvester
05-17-2010, 11:12 PM
Today was a weird day for me. I have been trying to figure out if I am going to do my own plan or do WS or NLSD meal plan directly to the T. I really don't want to incoporate any extras like starch or fruits if I don't have to and the NLSD does just that.
Well back to why today was a weird day, I just recently started taking a multivitamin which is one a day weight smart which has chromium 200 mcg, guarana blend: guarana seed (powder & extract) caffeine and green tea/cayenne blend 10 mg. I ate my usual food as I would on a normal day, my day starts at 5am and I am work until 4:15 pm (bus driver with split shift) I start my first meal at 6:15 am and 8:45 or 9am, 11am or 11:45, 2:30, 5:30 and around 7:30 last meal.
After taking the vitamin I notice when it start to kick in and it make me funny and I take it with my second meal. I don't think it agrees with my body for some reason. I also needed to eat more to feel better, so I am not sure if it's just the vitamin or I need to eat more. I don't recall feeling like this when taking Medifast.
It scared me, because I always get scared when something don't feel right when my body.
Any suggestions?

You may want to try just a regular multi vitamin that doesn't have the extra "weight loss" additives. The guarana may be too much for your body with the lower calories.
I was taking a regular multivitamin (ran out need to get more) and had no ill effects. I always make sure I take vitamins with food because they can cause stomach upset if you don't.

Kristikins
05-18-2010, 09:35 AM
For those looking for the syrups, sometimes Ross, Marshall's, and TJ Maxx carry them for very reasonable prices.

I'll be going to "the big city" this weekend, so I'll have a look to see if I can find syrups there...never thought of that!! Thanks Harvester!!

LizR
05-18-2010, 10:17 AM
Any suggestions?

I think you should stop the vitamin. Maybe one of the unusual weight loss ingredients is making you feel funny. I had trouble with taking vitamins until I starting taking flinstones with my kids. It works great for me.

If you need to eat more then you should. Marg just recently posted that she feels better and is losing more weight by eating more. Another lean & green meal with your WS may help you. We all have such different bodies and some people need more food to lose weight.

I hope you are feeling better today. Let us know. :grouphug: