Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 04-26-2010, 04:43 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 209.8/see ticker/155

Height: 5'11"

Default I won a little battle today! Share yours!

Sop I won a little battle today. It felt BIG, but it was little. And it wasnt the war, but it was a win.
So I had a wonderful brerakfast this morning. Filling, healthy, tasty. But after working out, and rushing to school, a few too many hours elapsed after breakfast, and before I could get home to whip up something healthy for lunch. So since I am aware that I have little time before work, and grocery store stop I need to make, I do it on the way home. The chips were calling to me. I walk through the doors, and the hungry is quickly realised. I picked up the items I needed and found myself drifting to the chip isle . In the chip isle I walk up and down torturing myself and saying in my mind. "Your only 5 mins from home, you can wait 15 minutes to eat something". I hold onto my little black basket tight, for fear if hand becomes loose it may reach for something I really dont think equates a successful and healthy day. I text my SO, ask if there is anything we need that I am forgetting, and ask him to tell me not to buy the chips. He texts me back "Nope love, and dont buy the chips." I purchase my groceries triumpently and pat myself on the back for avoiding this temptation this time. Espcially since I gave into prigles just this last weekend. Once in a whil eis ok. Twice in three days, not so ok. So glad I had that little text of support, and so glad I am eating a delicious bean and veggie wrap on a while grain sproated tortilla. So good, so much better than half a bag of doritos......

Share your little victories!
ma26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 03:50 AM   #2  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

S/C/G: 271/217/140

Default Such a cool thread!

Good for you on your achievements!

Technically it was yesterday, but I resisted a lot of junky/snack foods at the grocery store which was a little hard.

Today and earlier tonight, resisted eating in the middle of the night

Amy
seabiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 04:01 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 160/ticker/133

Height: 5'5"

Hehe very well done on resisting the chips, I'm sure everyone on here completely understands how difficult that can be I actually went into a tea shop with some friends yesterday and actually refused a biscuit when offered...yay!!! Before I would have just scoffed about 10 Wheyyy Keep up the great work!
jynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 09:46 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 250/237/170

Height: 5'8"

Took my daughter to sonic yesterday while we were running errands, I ordered a banana! I was going to get some food, but when I looked online, even their grilled cheese has like 300 cals....ugh...I cannot eat anything from there!
abreezies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 09:56 AM   #5  

That's awesome ladies! It almost sounds obsessive, but having a treat once in a while is not a bad thing. It's crazy how often I was "treating", it isnt a treat when it becomes part of the norm. For me it's one of the toughest obstacles. I like exercise, and I like healthy foods. Which I count myself lucky for. But I also LOVE treating myself, and doing it almost everyday was just crazy!

Super impressive chickies. Thanks for your posts.
Old 04-27-2010, 12:28 PM   #6  
Caroline

S/C/G: 173/ticker/123

Height: 5' 5"

I got up early this morning and went for a run at 6 am. Then I walked 3 miles to work. I love it when I do that because it eases me into the workday. On my way to work, there was a breakfast truck & I had a thought of stopping. But I kept on going...
motivated chickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 12:54 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by motivated chickie View Post
I got up early this morning and went for a run at 6 am. Then I walked 3 miles to work. I love it when I do that because it eases me into the workday. On my way to work, there was a breakfast truck & I had a thought of stopping. But I kept on going...
Wow! That is an awesome accomplishment! I'd feel great starting my day like that too!
Old 04-27-2010, 03:43 PM   #8  

S/C/G: GW: 125

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma26 View Post
It's crazy how often I was "treating", it isnt a treat when it becomes part of the norm. For me it's one of the toughest obstacles. I like exercise, and I like healthy foods. Which I count myself lucky for. But I also LOVE treating myself, and doing it almost everyday was just crazy!
Ma26, reading this was like reading my own mind. This is exactly what I've been doing. I think I've been doing it my whole life but lately it had gotten out of control. I realized that most people don't devote a whole lot of time to thinking about what their treat is going to be, where they're going to get it, how they're going to eat it, etc. I was devoting a lot of time to that.

I had a little victory over the weekend. Took my daughter to a birthday party with pizza and cake. Ate a healthy lunch and had a big glass of water before we left so I wouldn't be tempted. And I wasn't! Yea!

These little victories combined will win the war!
thesame7lbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 09:17 PM   #9  
one single step at a time

S/C/G: 305/197/150

Height: 5'5

my daily victory today was walking for an 1 1/2 hr and not pigging out on applebees takeout my family brought home..
danitzastars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 09:20 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 184/179/145 Previous 198/130

I resisted going to a 5 course wine dinner with a cute man that asked me! Boo Hoo!
TracyWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 09:22 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 184/179/145 Previous 198/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by danitzastars View Post
my daily victory today was walking for an 1 1/2 hr and not pigging out on applebees takeout my family brought home..
1 1/2 hours is awesome!

Have you had that spinach strawberry salad at Applebees? I just love that! And those wonton tacos.... yum. What did you eat at Applebees?
TracyWay is offline   Reply With Quote