Old 04-26-2010, 11:12 AM   #1  
Taking my life back...

S/C/G: 269/IP-13th-244/180

Height: 5' 5"

Default Just arrived & need help with affordable alternatives

Good Morning from AZ!

Could somebody tell me the basics of Phase 1 using alternative products? I am unemployed right now and can not afford to go to an IP clinic. I need to lose 35 lbs and would appreciate an on-line coach(s)--anybody willing?

Thank you for being here...I am learning lots from this site.

Pam
stayingalive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 12:34 AM   #2  
Began IP 9/14/2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by stayingalive View Post
Good Morning from AZ!

Could somebody tell me the basics of Phase 1 using alternative products? I am unemployed right now and can not afford to go to an IP clinic. I need to lose 35 lbs and would appreciate an on-line coach(s)--anybody willing?

Thank you for being here...I am learning lots from this site.

Pam
So sorry to hear of your employment situation. Its great that you are wanting to improve your health. These forums have a whole hose of coaches who are ready willing and able to offer support.

I would recommend reading the IP Alternative Phase 1 threads. There is a lot of product information in those threads. (Too much for me to repeat here). Just off the top of my head I know others have tried Lindora, EAS and IsoPure. The specifics of each I can't remember.

I just learned this trick from another board member. Go to just above the blue bar at the top of the page. You'll see the bread crumb line for this forum. Click on the link for "other reduced carb diets" this will open up all the old IP chats and you can read the Alternative Phase 1 threads for information to help you out.
Mirazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 12:58 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 261.8/201.6/185

Height: 5'4.5

I have been using the EAS AdvantEdge shakes, they work great and are so yummy. They really help me so that I do not miss chocolate, I feel like I am getting so much each day...hehehe. I get mine at Sam's Club, a 24 pack for 27-30 bucks or so. Good luck! Also, you might look at the Sticky's for the IP diet as someone has made spread sheets on all types of alternate options with the nutritional information included...what a lot of work! Take care!
motiv8edmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 04:19 PM   #4  
Taking my life back...

S/C/G: 269/IP-13th-244/180

Height: 5' 5"

Default Thanks...

Appreciate your replys...I will try to find those spreadsheets for affordable alternatives. I am on day #4 and rarely feeling hungry. I did go to Sam's and found the EAS vanilla protein powder. Any recommendations for adding fiber to keep things flowing?

Pam
stayingalive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 11:11 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 261.8/201.6/185

Height: 5'4.5

Wow...you've lost quite a bit so far, way to go! I am not sure about the fiber, you might ask on the IP alternatives phase one thread or even the regular IP weekly thread, just look for the one with the most recent posts and you'll know you are in the right place. Good luck!
motiv8edmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 11:13 PM   #6  
getting back on track

S/C/G: 187/172/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by stayingalive View Post
Appreciate your replys...I will try to find those spreadsheets for affordable alternatives. I am on day #4 and rarely feeling hungry. I did go to Sam's and found the EAS vanilla protein powder. Any recommendations for adding fiber to keep things flowing?

Pam
Detoxifiber from Garden of Life is a good brand.
deinekatze is offline   Reply With Quote