Old 04-26-2010, 09:04 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

Default Week of April 26th-Weekly Chat

Can I really be the first one here? New week. Good luck everyone. Last week of April.
petra65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 11:26 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 191/Ticker/140

Height: 5'3" Age 51

Hello all! Thanks for getting us started, Petra. I am assuming all is well and that your area did not get any tornadoes. Any news on whether the oil spill in the Gulf is going to affect the beaches in MS?

Had just a glorious time on Saturday!! The fact that I made it up the mountain and back down (harder going down, definitely!) was such a victory for me! Younger son isn't in the best shape either and he was tired and sore, but said he loved it and wanted to go back sometime. Here is a pic of me at the top. Wind is going about 100 mph!!

If you click on the pic, you can view the entire album of a few photos I took of Elk Mountain and Medicine Park, OK. So glad we went. We will definitely be going back! Glad we had a person leading us who had been there because I worry about getting lost hiking. Will have to get a guide if we go ourselves.

Interesting weekend foodwise for me. Went out to dinner Friday evening with fiance and my sons. Had a little more than half a cheeseburger and some fries. Resisted a sausage biscuit on our way out of town Saturday morning. Had a FRIED catfish sandwich after our hike...WITH onion rings! But when I weighed myself Sunday morning, I was down to 169!! I'm not going to count it unless it is the same at Thursday's weigh-in. I did pretty well at all of my other meals, so maybe I just burned more calories than I thought I did.

I didn't get much done in the way of yardwork, etc. that I wanted to do this weekend. We just kind of vegged yesterday. Wish I had made myself get out and do some things.....but they will get done eventually.

Suzierd-My son plays clarinet in his band. I doubt he will continue after he graduates.

Hydra-Good luck on your way to Onederland....shouldn't be long now!

WLW-I do not envy you having to get ready for your move. Hope you can get some help lined up.

Angelskeep-Your weekend sounds busy, but very fun! Good job on all the hiking!!

Hope you all have a wonderful day!
AnnieDrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 01:53 PM   #3  

Would someone please let me know if you are able to view my pics? I tried putting them on another website and it didn't work.

Thanks!
Old 04-26-2010, 02:13 PM   #4  
Caroline

S/C/G: 173/ticker/123

Height: 5' 5"

Ah, a new week. A week that I hope goes by quickly b/c this is crazy week at the office. We have an event on Thursday & there a ton of details to deal with. And I'm not happy about having to work late most of this week.

I went off plan this weekend a couple of times. Binged on potato salad at a BBQ and raided my fridge last night. But I had a lot of fun otherwise. I went to a festival and saw ex from 17 years ago. He looked so handsome & I got nostalgic, but I missed my chance- he's married and has a child.

I went dancing on Saturday and a photo of me ended up on Facebook. For once I didn't cringe in horror- I looked pretty and trim.

The scale was kind today - 137 pounds. But I'm a little disappointed that at 130-something pounds, I still have a lot of belly fat & a lot of cellulite. I realize that at 40, I have less muscle & more fat.

My goal for this week is to stay on plan (decent meals & no snacks) & squeeze in exercise whenever I can.
motivated chickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 02:45 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 243/190/150

Height: 5'4"

Annie-I saw them just fine.
Barb
angelskeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 02:47 PM   #6  

Thanks, Angel!!
Old 04-26-2010, 02:51 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 243/190/150

Height: 5'4"

UGH! I just lost what I was typing. Back later to try again. You are very welcome Annie...I meant to say beautiful scenery and congrats on making it to the top!
Barb
angelskeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 04:52 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 220/214/170

Height: 5' 5"

AnnieDrews—great pictures! It's beautiful there. And what a nice shot of you at the top. Be very proud of yourself. I hope the scale stays where it is for you on Thursday!

Chickie—congrats on seeing a picture of yourself and liking it!! What a nice feeling. Keep up the good work.

I had a nice weekend, but a lousy food weekend. I think it started on Thursday and continued till yesterday. So far so good today. I just need to pick up where I was on Wednesday and keep going and not let it bother me that I “wasted” the weekend in the food area. I'm working on the head stuff that goes along with this. If I get back to healthy eating, I'll be fine (I'm repeating that over and over in my head until I believe it!).
slroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 05:16 PM   #9  

SLroth-Good attitude! Keep looking forward. You will be fine!
Old 04-26-2010, 05:51 PM   #10  

This board seems to be less active lately, at least the areas I visit. Maybe it's just because it's spring and everyone wants to be outside??
Old 04-26-2010, 08:24 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 263/ticker/156

Height: 5'7"

I think a lot of people may not have checked back in after the site was down for a while this weekend.

We ended up having much nicer weather than I had expected so by late Saturday afternoon, we were able to go to the playground after all. There were a bunch of kids and dads there playing baseball and they kindly included my son even though even was several years younger than the other kids. He had an absolute blast and slept VERY well that night! lol!

I didn't do that well staying on plan - TOM is coming and normally I do a MUCH better job of resisting the cravings. Need to try to get back on plan and even though my weight is back up a little, hopefully, I'll get that nice whoosh in another few days.

Maybe it was a full moon or something - sounds like a lot of people had some trouble staying on plan! lol! Hope everyone is having a great start to the new week.
PeanutsMom704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 09:13 PM   #12  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Height: 5'7"

PM - yup, I'm in the same boat. I fell victim to some brownies on Sunday, but today I'm feeling much more capable. But it cost me big time on the scale for the next couple of days, and with TOM around the corner ... GRRRRR! More water!

motivated - the one that got away always looks better. There's a corollary to the saying the guys have, though - "For every great looking guy, there's probably a girl who's tired of putting up with his sh!t". Hear ya about the scale numbers not quite reflecting the reality in the mirror. Not much we can do except keep building muscle ...

I'm tired - going to hit the sack, and rejuvenate for tomorrow. Getting back into he-double toothpicks at work (petra, I won't even come close to what you went through!) so that will limit my checking in during the afternoon this week. I had a 6-minute lunch today - not exactly a forecast for great eating habits. We do the best we can ...

Catch you all later!
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 09:27 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 182/152/125

Height: 5' 2"

It's almost a full moon. And arrrrggghh....if one more piece of chocolate or girl scout cookie box passes under my nose at school I am going to scream. I totally cracked today. Had 2 dove dark chocolate pieces and 2 thin mint cookies. Thankfully, the sun was shining so I did walk 3.5 miles after work.
sukierd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 07:53 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 178/ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

Good morning. Glad to see the site back up.

Had a great weekend (just not for my diet). Didn't do so well yesterday. I did exercise, and I did count calories, but my count was too high. Going to work harder on the will power today. I want to lose twenty pounds before going on a cruise this summer.
KittehMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 09:04 AM   #15  
kathi

S/C/G: 172/172/140

Height: 5'3"

annie: great picks, I'm jealous of your hike!

sukie: that wasn't a major fall off the wagon, just don't let it snowball : )

drive by today, doing better at making sure I bring my own food to work. helps my budget as well as my diet! I'm hoping this and the stress and physical activity involved in the move over the next 2 weeks will knock off a pound or two. time for a whoosh! it looks like the first date w/ the man I've been "talking to" as the kids say is going to be something casual after we both get done work tonight. I burned myself out with too many late nights over the weekend so I had to pass lass night. 9 hours of sleep was a big help. off to go cook lunch and eat breakfast before work. will check in later : )
weightlosswanted is offline   Reply With Quote