Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 04-26-2010, 06:54 AM   #1  
Maintainer Wannabe

S/C/G: 161/143/135

Height: 5'7"

Thumbs up Binge-free challenge ~ Apr. 26 - May 2

Hi everyone!! Welcome to the binge free challenge!! You can come in here and post your weekly successes and struggles and keep track of your binge free days. You can also vent about anything and everything you feel like getting out. We are here to share our feelings and to encourage and inspire each other. No negativity! We are strong chicks and I KNOW we all can do this!! And we don't have to do it alone, we have each other to get us through the rough times.

ALL chicks are welcome -- no one is excluded! If you are trying to lose weight, not trying, maintaining, recovering from an eating disorder, in the midst of one, or have ANY kind of problem with food, we would love to have you join us!!

Let's have an awesome week!!
WardHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 08:59 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 160/see ticker/140

Height: 5'8''

I'm in :-)

~D~
duqserb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 09:12 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 148.8/130.0/118

Height: 5'3.75"

Back for another one! Last week of school and I'm doing it binge free! On day 35! Let's do this ladies

duqserb: love the new pic, you are absolutely beautiful!
jdonato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 10:16 AM   #4  

Height: 4'11"

duqserb - cute picture!!!

This is day 26 for me.... Last night I was really feeling bingey, so I had 2 100-calorie bags of popcorn to ease the bingey feeling. After that, I really wanted to binge, but my boyfriend called me just as I opened up the refrigerator! So I stopped immediately in my tracks. That's not *great* but 200 calories is not a binge. So, go me. I lasted another night. I'm so glad he called when he did!

Let's have a great week everyone.
ravensglen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 10:41 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 177/142.6/134

Height: 5'5

Day 77 here!

Ravensglen, congrats on day 26. I love Ravens! Is there a special meaning to your name?

jdonato, congrats on day 35! Good luck on your final week at school!

duqserb, great pic!

Wardhog,thanks for starting this thread.

Good luck, Everyone!

Tyla

Last edited by tyla; 04-26-2010 at 10:42 AM.
tyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 10:51 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 272/ticker/145

Height: 5'9

Day 33 and ready for another week!

D -- I agree with everyone else...great new pic!

jdonato -- You can make it through this week! Good luck!

raven -- whew, saved by the phone, haha. Glad you were able to finish the night off well!

tyla -- congrats on Day 77...you rock!

Thanks for getting us started Wardhog...let us know how you're doing!

Have a great Monday everyone!
foxxy511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 10:56 AM   #7  
Stay Focused & Committed

S/C/G: 237/205/184

Height: 5" 5.5

The start of day 22 for me. I've not been making the best food choices and have gone way over my pts this past weekend but no binges. This week I need to focus more on eating right so that the weight can start coming off again.

Have a great week everyone!
GettinFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 12:04 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 320/185/165-170

Height: 5'5"

Today marks FOUR MONTH since my last binge!!! I have been really trying Intuitive Eating and I think I am starting to get the hang of it!!

I am so glad you ladies are here... it has been HUGE for me to be accountable, to have someone to talk to that understands and doesnt judge!

I hope (and know) we can all say 4 months, 5 months, heck, 5 years binge free !!!

keep on rockin' it!
happytobeamomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 07:36 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 252-255?/ticker/145

Height: 5'6''

Day 8! Everyone seems to be doing really well! Look at us!
paris81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 12:06 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 160/see ticker/140

Height: 5'8''

aw thanks for the pic comments ladies!!! End of day 1 for me :-) I haven't exactly restricted myself today but I have NOT binged and all in all I feel good. I basically held down the fort the entire night at work and didn't have time for anything other than answering the phones and doing what I had to so that we didn't fall behind. I think I'm going to get up early tomorrow and work out even though I know I'll be tired...I didn't exactly make it to the gym this morning thanks to all the sugar from last night, I was dragging. But I'm looking forward to a bright and early day tomorrow!!

~D~
duqserb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 01:38 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 181/175/125

yes! i am in. it's been 3 days since my last binge.
therex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 03:43 AM   #12  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

S/C/G: 271/217/140

Count me in!

What a cool thread!

Amy
seabiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 10:05 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 272/ticker/145

Height: 5'9

Day 34! And, just throwing this out there, I have NOT stepped on the scale since last Thursday (so I'm keeping good on my promise!) I'm not sure how my weigh-in will go this Thursday since I've upped my calories a little and TOM snuck up on me. But, I'm trying to be less obsessive with this weight loss thing and just take it a day at a time. If I make good (or even just okay) choices day in and day out, then I feel great! And I'm trying to focus more on how I feel and less on what the numbers are.

GettinFit -- Congrats on Day 22. You're doing so well!!

Happytobe -- whahoo!!! 4 Months is AWESOME! I've been reading the Intuitive Eating book too, but I think I'm going to have to read it a few times before I'm comfortable trying any of the techniques in there. It sounds so logical and wonderful, I can't help but think of it as "just another fad"

Paris -- we ARE totally rocking it! I am so proud of all of us on this thread! Congrats on Day 8!

D -- How was your bright and early morning? Have a great Day 2!

Therex and Seabiscuit -- WELCOME!!
foxxy511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 10:20 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 320/185/165-170

Height: 5'5"

Emily - Thanks for the encouragement! I don't think i ever want to do 100% intuitive eating... for example, i dont want to eat dinner at 4pm when my boys are going to eat at 5... or eat right before i work out because i am hungry... (need at least an hour between food and exercise!)

i think i will always have a bit of a schedule... one thing that helps make me pause is that i burn about 100 calories for every 1 km i run... so ... is that cookie worth it? is that ice cream worth it? do i want to have to run an extra 1 km ?

i am so happy to see us all doing so well... day 1 or day 40... it is all an accomplishment!

i live in Ottawa and it SNOWED today!!! Very very bizarre! And I mean 2 inches of snow on the grass, not just flakes in the air! Yesterday it was 20C ! Crazy!!!

hoping it clears up so I can run tomorrow. Today is circuit training and treadmill sprints... yesterday was my trainer (can we say "sore tush"!)

enjoy your tues!!!! keep strong!!!
happytobeamomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 12:10 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 148.8/130.0/118

Height: 5'3.75"

Afternoon ladies,

Today Im on Day 37, almost 40 days binge free! Last night was rough, I was so stressed at school I went to the vending machine and wanted to go to town. I saw the cheetos and omg for 320 calories just not worth it, and then I saw Peanut Butter M&M's...240 calories and I decided to get it, and to be honest...wasn't worth it. my stomach was upset and just wasn't what I really needed. I didn't binge but still a mindless choice on my part. So then I come home from class and all of a sudden I want chips! I've been so good about keeping chips in the house and only having 1 serving a day. I already had my serving for the day, so I was just about to open the bag and figured I'd only have a few, when I stopped myself! Me eating out of the bag never good, so I counted out 1 serving, put it on a plate and put the chips away. I ate everything else perfect for the day. so no binge but very close to mindless eating and could have really gotten out of control. I was so close to my ultimate goal weight this weekend but I'm not going to starve myself or take crazy measures to get there. 2.6lbs to go and I'll just do it one day at a time.

Foxxy: thanks I'm fighting through this week and I will get that degree! Hope your finals to awesome!

happytobe: you rock! seriously congrats on 4 months and I understand about the eating on a schedule. good luck!

seabiscuit and therex: welcome! We are all here to support you!

paris: nice job on Day 8! you can do it!

gettinfit: so proud of you for Day 22! Keep up the great work!

I hope all of you have a wonderful day. I'm studying my tush off! and then.....BBQ tonight! since I don't have class tonight, I figured i'd bbq 2 western style ribs, 2 links of sausage and 2 chicken breasts...alll for the week. With finals all the meals are planned out and when I get home I have food ready to go and already pre-counted out. and the bf then doesn't have to go crazy, he's trying to lose weight now. OHHHHH did I tell you guys about Saturday's ring shopping day!!!!!????...apparently this was THE ring shopping day. He wanted to know exactly what I wanted, ring size, diamond setting and said..."you know I'm going to get a ring, but you won't know when and how i'm going to propose." He's so proud of me getting done with school and wants to start our life together...soon! So I'm really working to get that degree lol!
jdonato is offline   Reply With Quote