Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2002, 09:30 AM   #1  

Default New Day

It's a NEW DAY-------I'm joining W.W. tonight!
Can anyone offer me advice?

Kim
Old 09-12-2002, 09:36 AM   #2  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

don't quit if you go over points all week.. the odds will be will still be cutting back... you will lose weight your first week.
the first couple of weeks you will learn a lot about how your body reacts to food - take notes - ie. when I eat cereal in the morning I am hungry again by 10:30

Post here often.... ask lots of questions.... the more you post the better your results will be!

Have fun!!! and give yourself a pat on the back for making your health a priority!

Dana
Old 09-12-2002, 10:27 AM   #3  
WW Lifetime Member

Congratulations, Kim!! You'll do great, just remember that it's a learning process. Don't beat yourself up if you think you've had a "bad day"~whatever gets done can be undone! If you want to chat or e-mail me, you can contact me at [email protected] or I'm bizeechik on both Yahoo Messenger and MSN.

Looking forward to hearing how you are doing!! Good luck!

Trina
Old 09-13-2002, 08:25 AM   #4  

I drove to the meeting last night, just like I had planned, only to read a note on the door that the meeting was cancelled "due to an emergency".

Will try again next week.

After finally deciding to do something about this weight, I was disappointed that I have to wait another week before I can join.

What can I do in the meantime to help myself?

Suggestions please,

Kim
Old 09-13-2002, 09:11 AM   #5  

I think maybe it would be a good idea to journal what you are eating for the week. Write down everything you eat...no matter what. Eat what you normally eat too.

It will be interesting for you to go back and look at that journal after you do a week on WW and fill out your new WW journal.
Old 09-13-2002, 01:15 PM   #6  
WW Lifetime Member

Bummer, Kim!!

You were probably filled with anticipation for going for the first time to have the meeting cancelled. . . but, that's okay. . . make the commitment to go next week. . . you can do it!

I agree with the last post. .. journal, just to compare when you are on program. . write down what and how much you eat every day. A couple of other things I might suggest: try to increase your water intake, if it's not up to about 6 glasses per day, if you're not very active, maybe start taking a short walk or something to increase activity level (this definitely works to your advantage with weight loss, obviously). For me, I started to take a multi-vitamin and a calcium supplement, because I wasn't getting/having the dairy products that I used to. . . you might want to think about starting those, if you don't already take them. . . it's a personal decision.

Hang in there. . . only a few more "sleeps" until you get to officially join!! Let us know how it goes!

Trina
Old 09-13-2002, 11:13 PM   #7  

Marcie and Trina-thank you for your suggestions and support. I would like to continue posting once I join WW, but I am not sure where I fit in.
How do I go about finding a place to post?

Kim
Closed Thread