General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 04-23-2010, 12:14 PM   #1  

Question $250 gift card to Apple store--which iPod to buy?

I've always wanted an iPod, but have been unwilling to spring for one when my Sony WALKMAN works just fine (yeah, I'm still kickin' it old school!).

Well, now I've gotten a $250 gift card to the Apple Store and am FINALLY going to get an iPod. My question is-------WHICH ONE? I don't mind adding some to the $250, but if a Shuffle or Nano is good, free is great!

What kind of iPod do you have? What others have you owned? What are some likes and dislikes about the various models? HELP!!!!

And TIA!
4myloves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 12:24 PM   #2  
Jeri

S/C/G: 286/142.6/150/new goal 140

Height: 5-4

If you're using it for excercise (like running or at the gym), get a nano. Classics have more memory, but are bulkier. I love my classic, though.
eclipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 12:58 PM   #3  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

I have an older nano and a classic and work out with the classic, simply because I have so little space on the nano and like my library with me at all times.

That said, the new nano is amazing. I would absolutely go with that. Very much worth the money. I bought my brother one for Christmas and got it for $249.
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 01:02 PM   #4  
On a mission!

S/C/G: 333/310/260

Height: 5'9"

I agree that the Nano is best for working out, but I LOVE my iTouch, as I can do so much with it and don't have an iPhone (yet).
Passionista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 03:03 PM   #5  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

Nano all the way! I have owned a few of them now and they are great. I love the size and all the fun colours (I have purple!) - and they even have radio!
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 12:43 PM   #6  

Thanks for your input, ladies!

I wound up getting a shuffle and a nano. I had to pay right at $30 over my gift card, but I figure it'll be worth it. That way I can figure out which I like the best, plus I can use them for different things.

Thanks again!
4myloves is offline   Reply With Quote