Old 04-22-2010, 10:23 PM   #1  
Time to move!

S/C/G: 197/see ticker /140

Height: 5' 2 3/4"

Default Menu questions from a newbie

I'm on my fourth day of the actual program. I started at 214, and today I'm at 210. It seems as though, aside from the HNS, this is starting to to look a whole lot like Atkins without the high amount of fat. I was on the beige menu for just one day at my weight, and when I told my consultant I was having trouble consuming everything on my menu during my 20-minute lunch break (I teach fourth grade), she went ahead and moved me to the green menu. I've eaten chicken, tuna salad, fish, and hard cheese, and I've eaten 4 servings of fruit this whole work week and more vegetables than I remember eating in a LONG time.
I do have the cookbook. I bought lots of products. I hope to become a more experimental and enthusiastic cook when school is out and I have more time. It's just that...I feel I will die of boredom! At what weight does the menu change again? and I imagine it must be less food than now. It seems like the "eat from all four food groups" is a little slanted toward meat and veggies and not so much fruit. When does the fruit "come back"?

Last edited by ladystarrider; 04-22-2010 at 10:25 PM.
ladystarrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 06:59 AM   #2  

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladystarrider View Post
I'm on my fourth day of the actual program. I started at 214, and today I'm at 210. It seems as though, aside from the HNS, this is starting to to look a whole lot like Atkins without the high amount of fat. I was on the beige menu for just one day at my weight, and when I told my consultant I was having trouble consuming everything on my menu during my 20-minute lunch break (I teach fourth grade), she went ahead and moved me to the green menu. I've eaten chicken, tuna salad, fish, and hard cheese, and I've eaten 4 servings of fruit this whole work week and more vegetables than I remember eating in a LONG time.
I do have the cookbook. I bought lots of products. I hope to become a more experimental and enthusiastic cook when school is out and I have more time. It's just that...I feel I will die of boredom! At what weight does the menu change again? and I imagine it must be less food than now. It seems like the "eat from all four food groups" is a little slanted toward meat and veggies and not so much fruit. When does the fruit "come back"?
4lbs in 4 days you are on your way...if they put you on the Green menu then you will pretty much stay on it until you are close to goal when you will then be put on the Stabilization plans. MRC have other plans ie..Meta-Quick, Meta-Balance, Meat-Lovers etc...that some clients go on and off throughout their weight loss journey to accommodate their particular needs. There is a thread at the top of the MRC 3FC page called Metabolic Research Center Recipes that has great suggestions to help with boredom...wishing you all the best...
GWE140 is offline   Reply With Quote