Weight Loss Support - Daily Victories! What are you proud of today?

seabiscuit
04-22-2010, 09:16 PM
Today- my victories are:

walking up and down a hill three times, once without stopping :cool: !

not ordering any junk food at McDonalds! - who's next?

Amy

Passionista
04-22-2010, 09:21 PM
Love this thread!

I'm proud that while I made pasta for the teens and did have some myself, I used a very small bowl to serve myself and ate more sauce with veggies than pasta.

Stace
04-22-2010, 09:58 PM
Walking near my house, there is an intersection where if you cross the intersection north/south vs east/west at the light and walk up the block to the next light you have to walk really very fast to make the light and get across the next crosswalk in time. If you walk anything less than fast you just miss the light, and watching it change while knowing that I could not get my butt going fast enough to make it there in time was just another reminder of how out of shape and overweight I was. Because of this I pretty much always crossed the intersection east/west so that I could take my time going up the (small) hill to the light and stand and give myself a few seconds before the light would turn. Today I got to the first intersection and decided "why not?" and gave it a go. I crossed the first intersection, quick walked right up the hill (passing someone younger and thinner in the process) and made it to the second light in perfect timing. I know it is just a little thing, but it felt really, really good.

setweight4life
04-23-2010, 09:56 AM
Wow! These are good news! Congrats to all of you! :)

Keep up the good work!

asharksrevenge
04-23-2010, 08:10 PM
I did not want to exercise today at all. I've been dealing with a lot of stress over my graduate applications and deciding on offers, and all I want to do is eat and cry. Instead, I got up, ate well and went to the gym--now I feel a million times better! It was really hard but well worth it!

springlover
04-23-2010, 08:31 PM
Today was my first weigh-in...and I was wicked nervous. but I lost 8 pounds in 2 weeks! It feels great to see it on the scale and not just in my clothes!

Congrats on your victories today!

MikoMarcia
04-23-2010, 08:37 PM
WI day and lost 2 more pounds!!! ^_^

seabiscuit
04-23-2010, 09:49 PM
I ate out and ordered a salad with lite dressing on the side- no junk!

Amy

I also have been resisting night eating!

seabiscuit
04-27-2010, 10:34 PM
resisting donuts and danishes

going for a walk longer up the hill more often than usual- 4x up and down the hill instead of 3x!

not bingeing

Amy

xocessy
04-27-2010, 10:55 PM
I am proud that I didn't let my best friend convice me of going out to eat cheese calzones at our favorite pizzeria. I just kept saying NO, NO, NO!

duckyyellowfeet
04-27-2010, 11:15 PM
Even though my gym buddy canceled on me, I still got up and went to the gym.

And I was on-plan the whole day, which is always nice :)

Hopeful8
04-27-2010, 11:22 PM
Goodness I've been hurting all day from a kickboxing class along w/pretty intense weight training on my arms, chest, and shoulders yesterday. I did not want to exercise at all today and really didn't want to go to the gym. But I got up and even though I didn't go to the gym, I set out on a 5 1/2 mile walk w/1 of my dogs. I'm so glad that I did.

mkat321
04-27-2010, 11:27 PM
I went to the gym for the first time in a month!

I did 2 sets, a total of 20 reps, at 50 pounds on the lat pulldown machine and controlled the ascent and descent on each one!

I figured out the right combination of incline and speed on the treadmill that gets my heart rate in the fat burn zone without making my knee scream in pain and/or go weak and send me sailing to the floor.

Idealmuse
04-27-2010, 11:31 PM
My victory is a fitness one. We did a run "Test" of 20mins and I broke a 6min Mile (9:55) pace. Basically a minute less then when we tested 8 weeks ago! :)

That and some guy hit on me today. Amused cause it doesn't happen often.

Cglasscock1
04-27-2010, 11:34 PM
Today I got instruction at my gym on how to properly use the weight training machines. I have started this at the age of 60! I had a great workout, including 30 minutes on the treadmill. I feel great!

Skyra
04-28-2010, 12:24 AM
Today my brand-new gym membership started. Even though I had stuff till late (10 PM), I put on my gym shoes and went. After a half hour on the treadmill, I pushed myself to do an extra ten minutes on the stair climber. My legs are about ready to fall off, but I feel so good. :)

therex
04-28-2010, 12:29 AM
i got hungry around 9 pm, and there were chips laying around but instead I had lite cereal with skim milk. it's a big deal.

and i might.. still exercise. idk. I hope to have another success today.

ElanaRose
04-28-2010, 06:35 AM
I was so tired after school yesterday, but while everyone skived off a lap or two of our-four-lap track team warm up, I did the whole mile :)

danitzastars
05-02-2010, 07:40 PM
my daily victories are that i said no to pasta alfredo from applebees that my love brought home and that i went walking for one hour today... :)

Beverlyjoy
05-02-2010, 08:13 PM
Today my husband wanted a pepperoni pizza for dinner. He got it and ate it and I didn't eat any. I had healthy dinner. It was fine.

JennieLovesKisses
05-02-2010, 08:29 PM
Today my dad, boyfriend, bf's dad and mom, and I had a bbq. Earlier this morning my bf's dad came over and commented on how well I'm doing with my weight loss and later while bbqing apologized for "ruining" my diet today with the steak. I assured him that its only ruined if I eat more than I need to and thanked him for the great food! When I prepared my plate and my boyfriends plate (lucky guy huh?) Instead of grabbing a large plate for both of us I grabbed a large for him and small for me which not only helped me portion my meal but made me feel as though I was eating more...kind of a mind trick lol. Anyways, I didn't go overboard and I'm proud of myself!

BrokenAnkle
05-02-2010, 09:32 PM
Walked on the treadmill for 45 minutes :)

tiffany0809
05-02-2010, 10:09 PM
I did an interval workout that I normally HATE but is a great calorie burner. And then I did another 10 minute ab workout afterward. Plus I wasn't feeling well and didn't want to work out at all, so this was a major accomplishment today. :)

xocessy
05-02-2010, 10:12 PM
After having such a bad day and saying I wasn't going to the gym, I managed to get my butt to the gym. Now I feel great! :)

seabiscuit
05-03-2010, 01:37 AM
I resisted cookies today (felt great even though I kinda wanted them) and ate my healthy dinner that I cooked at home. I also exercised and met my goals again!

Ookpik
05-03-2010, 01:56 AM
A couple of years ago, I completed "Couch to 5K" and by the end of Summer 2008, I was able to run for 40 minutes at a time without stopping. I got out of running, as well as a lot of good habits (2009 was hellish, and I coped by eating and putting on some weight). I got a used, old treadmill last year though, and I started "C25K" again a few weeks ago. Today I did the last day for week 5, and went from an 8-minute run to a 20-minute run. It was wet today so I didn't go outdoors, and I was going to reduce the incline on my treadmill, which is really old and in order to do this, you have to turn it over and adjust it. I had no idea how to do this (it was on incline when I bought it), so I turned it back over and said to myself, if I need to stop and walk a bit during the twenty minutes, I will. Turns out I didn't have to, I completed the whole 20 minutes, incline and all! I am so proud, and love that I've gotten back into running.

shcirerf
05-03-2010, 09:03 AM
I planned my food for the day for a change. I'm going to ask for cash for Mothers Day for gym memebership. I use it if I have it!

renstwin
05-03-2010, 09:17 AM
At work, there is a co-worker that brings in big bags of fun size candy bars...snickers, reeses, butterfingers...but I did not eat any!

suzyjb
05-03-2010, 09:55 AM
I stuck with my plan and WW points all day (so far) and had a super healthy lunch! And my spinach plants are nearly ready to plant outside.

Vixsin
05-03-2010, 10:36 AM
I am super proud that I planned out all of my meals this weekend for the first time! (and stuck to them!!) I made my 6 year old try my greek yogurt and he loved it! I stuck to my guns with eating all weekend long for the first time! We even went to McD's and I got a salad and water and even brought my own dressing! My son ate well, nuggets, apple dippers instead of fries, and chocolate milk. I was so proud of both of us!!!

For the first time in a really long time (if ever) that I feel that I am making a lifestyle change and not just dieting!!!! I can't believe how well we sailed through the weekend. I finally feel like I'm "getting it." I am really starting to feel like I am worth it and that I DESERVE this.

I am so proud. :)