South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 04-22-2010, 11:41 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 285/282/145

Height: 5'6"

Default How do you retrain yourself to eat more meals

I am having a difficult time retraining myself to eat more often. I have always done the breakfast, lunch, dinner routine. I snacked a lot during the day (when I am home) which is how I got to the weight I am at. I also ate out of boredom. Now that I am really watching what I eat on SBD I am having a hard time getting the 2 snacks in. I was reading other posts about not getting enough calories a day and when moving to phase 2 the increased good carbs causes weight gain.

What do you suggest to do to get the snacks in and what kinds of snacks do you do? I typically never cooked breakfast or lunch let alone snacks so that is part of my problem too. Thanks for all your help.
Cyndi
cyndi0107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 10:09 PM   #2  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

For me, I had to start by having breakfast every single morning. It was a new rule; I wasn't leaving the house until after breakfast...one day at a time. I had pretty set in stone lunch and dinner times, so I just set a time inbetween meals for a snack and put it in the plan and it was my responsibility to carry through. I actually found that the snacks did help in the earlier days and now that my blood sugar is really stable I base my snacks on my hunger factor. I used to have a string cheese or an allotment of nuts; now I usually have an apple or an orange.

Best wishes!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 10:10 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 285/282/145

Height: 5'6"

Thanks Debbie.
cyndi0107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 10:16 PM   #4  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

I eat breakfast at work at 6:30 am so by 10 or 11 I am getting hungry. I usually have a RF cheese stick and I'm good till 11:30 or noon. I eat Greek yogurt or hummus and veggies mid-afternoon and eat almonds or almond butter in the evening. I feel best when I eat every 3 hours or so.
murphmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 10:57 PM   #5  
Kickin PCOS's Butt!

S/C/G: 240/Ticker/150 Ultimate Goal

Height: 5' 3"

Honestly, I very rarely eat the snack between breakfast and lunch, because we eat breakfast so late, and have to have an early lunch because of DH's schedule. But I always have my in between lunch/dinner snack because there is a lot more time between.
Breakfast is super important. I also just make sure I have in my mind in the morning how I'm going to work the snacks. And maybe even deciding beforehand what you want to have...then you look forward to it.
PinkHoodie is offline   Reply With Quote